Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,363 comments
Source for that? 'Cause I'm not seeing it with the two year gap between 2 and 3. Maybe between 3 and 4, but that's still a normal dev time. In today's standards, at least.

google it ;)
GT3 was actually planned as a lauch-title for PS2.
But it came one or 2 years later.

I am playing GT since the first title.
Ask anyone - Polyphony were always known for being super slow.

"much better" is a good joke.

granturismosport_20208ekfw.png

gt704jsjyy.jpg
Or probably we've reached the peak of graphical improvement in consoles? Now graphics won't be drastically improved anymore from new generations, only marginally?

google it ;)

While they didn't had PS3 problems, they still had the low employee number and house-work issue. GT3 also was done from scratch.

google it ;)

Hmmmmm???
Motor Toon Gran Pix - 1994
Motor Toon Gran Pix 2 - 1996
Gran Turismo - 1997
Omega Boost - 1999
Gran Turismo 2 - 1999
Gran Turismo 3 - 2001
Gran Turismo 4 - 2004
Tourist Trophy - 2006
GT5 Prologue - 2007
GT PSP - 2009
Gran Turismo 5 - 2010
Gran Turismo 6 - 2013
GT Sport - 2017

Seems pretty normal development cycle to me except for GT5.

3 years for a GT6 that basically was just "more of the same" as GT5 including the graphics and the horrible standard cars.
And 4 years until GT Sport which was not even a true Gran Turismo.

But its ok.
Keep on defending them. :sly:

--------------------------------------

Knowing the fact that GT7 is based on GT Sports (and you clearly see it).

What is the reason they have it not ready for the PS5 launch?

Please don´t act now like Polyphony was always known for being super quick and never delayed games.

And if the reasons were "low employees" and "no outsourcing" its the entire fault of the company and their buizz and one has the right to stay that this company was slow and still makes mistakes.

And their marketing is as bad as it always has been.
No communication at all.

We don´t even know if GT Sport gets the promised Vision Porsche cars now or not.

I think... it's a shame that its not even a very good trailer. It's not going to hype anyone up other than people who already enjoy the series.

Now THIS is a good trailer.

I completely disagree. The GT7 trailer is 1000 times better just due to you being able to hear the cars not that youd want to hear how bad they sound in GT5 anyway lol.

Funny conversation you have here guys. A lot of made up "facts" mixed with guesses and opinios. We dont have that much knowlege on GT7 yet outside things on videos that might easily change in development. But carry on.. :cheers::lol:

I think there would be more hype on the launch titles if they were 100% sure who get it done by then. This is holding back my interest on PS5. But I guess they have learned something to know not to market anything with potential of being postponed..

I completely disagree. The GT7 trailer is 1000 times better just due to you being able to hear the cars not that youd want to hear how bad they sound in GT5 anyway lol.

I think if you believe GT7 will look better you'll find screengrabs to support your message. If you believe it wont you'll find screengrabs that won't look better. Cherry picking works both ways.

I'm sure you can dig up a track side photo in GT sport that looks much worse than that trial mountain one.

edit, somehow I ended up quoting the wrong response:boggled:

Sony just wanted to show what games they have in the works for PS5. A bunch of games still have as much info about them as GT7, which I suspect is a 2021 game anyway.
Destruction AllStars is meant to be a launch game and we've seen less about that. Maybe GT7 can still be a launch game or at least in the launch window as it didn't look that ambitious apart from ray-tracing and controller implementation, good nostalgia money maker it looks like it is going to be. Better than nothing like majority of early part of PS4 lifecycle. Should keep them financially stable and allow for more ambitious GT games in the future to be made given PS5 is a beast of a console. They will probably be releasing games on PS5 even in the next decade so plenty of time to up their game.

Sony have yet to show teardown of console and UI which potentially might get shown tomorrow given it is the day before Xbox pre-orders. I think GT will be a good example of how quick you can get into a race from cold boot of console. I wonder if it will be something like 5-10X faster than the competition.

I sure hope so, man.

Hopefully the days of having to watch flags, racetrack logos and pre-rendered video clips whilst tracks load will be gone. This alone for me is gonna be insane.

Hmmmmm???
Motor Toon Gran Pix - 1994
Motor Toon Gran Pix 2 - 1996
Gran Turismo - 1997
Omega Boost - 1999
Gran Turismo 2 - 1999
Gran Turismo 3 - 2001
Gran Turismo 4 - 2004
Tourist Trophy - 2006
GT5 Prologue - 2007
GT PSP - 2009
Gran Turismo 5 - 2010
Gran Turismo 6 - 2013
GT Sport - 2017

Seems pretty normal development cycle to me except for GT5.
Yeah. I don't get it either. Even if GT3 was supposed to be a launch title, two years is still pretty damn good, and that still became a really good game to me. If anything, I'd say they were too hasty in getting it out one year after GT2, instead of being slow.

As it has been repeatedly said, the only reason why 5 took so long is because of the Cell. And Sport because they had to restart from scratch again, possibly rewriting all of their Cell-based code. Everything else has been within normal dev times.

But sure, keep on peddling this evidently false narrative that "PD has been slooow for the last 20 years" when they've only been truly slow with GT5. =/

Please don´t act now like Polyphony was always known for being super quick and never delayed games.

There has never been any confirmation that GT7 was meant to be a launch title, none, zip, nada.

So the reason it isn't ready is quite simple, it was never meant to be there for launch in the first place.

Whether you want to call them outright slow depends on your outlook. What PD have a reputation for is delays.

GT1 wasn't officially delayed, but Kaz has said it took far longer than expected.
GT2 was delayed by only a couple of weeks.
GT3 was delayed by a year.
GT4 was delayed several times, nearly 18 months total.
GT5 was also delayed many times for 3 odd years.
GT6 released on time but a major advertised feature was delayed by nearly two years.
GTS was delayed by a year.

GT PSP started as GT4 Mobile with an intended release date in early 2005. It eventually got released four years later after several delays.

You can make your own mind up whether they were rushing in the first place, but PD and delays have historically gone hand in hand.

GT PSP started as GT4 Mobile with an intended release date in early 2005. It eventually got released four years later after several delays.
Should be noted by the fact that internal files in GTPSP say "GT5M", GTPSP basically had a development reset between it's intended GT4 tie-in game to a GT5 tie-in one.

Well. I'd say they were rushing on some and struggled on others. Like, what big developer does a huge game in one year only? lol

But I don't mind (non-pandemic affecting) delays as long as the total development time remains in the ballpark of 2-3 years.

3 years for a GT6 that basically was just "more of the same" as GT5 including the graphics and the horrible standard cars.
And 4 years until GT Sport which was not even a true Gran Turismo.

But its ok.
Keep on defending them. :sly:

--------------------------------------

Knowing the fact that GT7 is based on GT Sports (and you clearly see it).

And if the reasons were "low employees" and "no outsourcing" its the entire fault of the company and their buizz and one has the right to stay that this company was slow and still makes mistakes.

And their marketing is as bad as it always has been.
No communication at all.

We don´t even know if GT Sport gets the promised Vision Porsche cars now or not.
Well, you said they were always known for being slow but that's not actually the case. They've decent output their struggle only started during their transition to PS3. I never said they are quick either, 3-4 years is their average cycle and delays happen all the time it's not exclusive to PD.

>Knowing the fact that GT7 is based on GT Sports (and you clearly see it).

I don't know maybe they're planning bigger things in GT7. More content, features, better online structures, etc. Game development is far more demanding now as I mentioned a couple of times before.

Yeah, 3-4 years is a normal development time.

There is the Tokyo Game Show this week (beginning this Wednesday, on my Birthday no less). As I mentioned, there is usually something vaguely related to GT shown there.

I doubt it but why not.

There is the Tokyo Game Show this week (beginning this Wednesday, on my Birthday no less). As I mentioned, there is usually something vaguely related to GT shown there.
Don't want to ruin your Birthday party but it's very unlikely we will se anything about GT7. It's going to be an online only event and the program has been already decided. And there's no Sony special nor any mention about PD/GT7. Which is really weird. No Sony on TGS? That's unbelievable.
https://www.siliconera.com/tokyo-game-show-2020-schedule/

The first picture is technically the same, only difference is that in GT7 the car is in a showroom, while the one in GTS looks like to be in a livery editor with a dark background, where aren't enough reflections. The textures and modeling in second picture look still the same as GTS. It's even more visible when you look at it from a different angle:View attachment 959139
Yes, there are not enough reflections in GT Sport in the first photo. ;)
In the second photo, see how the sunlight interacts with the foliage of the trees. ;)
In my third photo, in the following post, see the power of the headlights during the day. ;)

Does the GTSPORT playable on PS5 at the launch of the console ??

If yes , does PS5 players on GTS able to share with PS4 users the game during a FIA race events for exemple ??.

Don't want to ruin your Birthday party but it's very unlikely we will se anything about GT7. It's going to be an online only event and the program has been already decided. And there's no Sony special nor any mention about PD/GT7. Which is really weird. No Sony on TGS? That's unbelievable.
https://www.siliconera.com/tokyo-game-show-2020-schedule/

Well it was hardly ruining my birthday if it didn't as it wasn't the only Japanese franchise I was hoping to see more of (fighting game fans will know what I am talking about), just mentioned it as a potential next chance based on its history. No surprise its online this year as are many conventions or events have been (Most recently, Gamescom)

Yes, there are not enough reflections in GT Sport in the first photo. ;)
In the second photo, see how the sunlight interacts with the foliage of the trees. ;)
In my third photo, in the following post, see the power of the headlights during the day. ;)
Sure, it does look better, but not by much.

Back