Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,293 comments

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201202-104037.jpg
    Screenshot_20201202-104037.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Hope they will give a new trailer date or something about launch date in that conference, I mean if the game should come in April 2021 or so they should give us something more relevant about the game or a showcase or some pictures or whatewer considering we are approaching end of 2020 and the game is 5 months from release? I hope we get a trailer until January

It does not seem that at the conference they say anything about GT7.

Google translate:

So Uchimura
(Image processing engineer)
Polyphony Digital Co., Ltd. is a game company that produces racing games. In modern game production, the industrial structure is becoming more complicated and the technology used is becoming more sophisticated. As a result, a place for sharing knowledge through various academic societies and events has become important. We have also been actively engaged in external activities such as GDC, SIGGRAPH, and CEDEC. As a result, I was involved in the standardization process of standards, and I was blessed with the opportunity to meet excellent intern students, and there were many good things. In this presentation, we will look back on the contents of our representative presentations and summarize various backgrounds and findings obtained as a result of external activities.

What is stopping this community from just waiting until Sony/PD says something

Nothing but everyone is so wanting to know the information about what's coming that it will never stop the speculation/reposting of placeholders etc.

I have great patience and having got my PS5 I am more than happy to wait as I am ready for the game and to click that Pre-Order button when I can.

As I've said before were not going to see anything until they have done the PR for the last qualifier/world final announcement, things will 'escalate' after the world final but hopefully we get another reveal tease at that time!

As long as it come in 2021 it's not problem for me at least. If it's delayed to 2022 that would be annoying, but even if it happens somehow I will be patient

No ray tracing is better than bad ray tracing? I guess we'll see a lot of trade offs for reflections. Everything looks so good : 3d models, lighting but these reflections show the limit of the hardware. Lower resolution, lower LOD... I hope the new build will improve that aspect.

No ray tracing is better than bad ray tracing? I guess we'll see a lot of trade offs for reflections. Everything looks so good : 3d models, lighting but these reflections show the limit of the hardware. Lower resolution, lower LOD... I hope the new build will improve that aspect.

It's not hardware limits it will be better in final version that is sure, they still need to squezee true ps5 power, it's only the beggining

It definitely seems like a trade off game with RT. Here in particular it looks like they are using some different tricks to reflect the car twice in the mirror. They are reflecting at different angles too, no clue why but its interesting to see. I wonder if it'll ship like that

It definitely seems like a trade off game with RT. Here in particular it looks like they are using some different tricks to reflect the car twice in the mirror. They are reflecting at different angles too, no clue why but its interesting to see. I wonder if it'll ship like that
That double reflection looks like there's maybe an extra piece of glass in between.

Regarding the resolution of the RT, you guys should realise that traditional reflections are also not full resolution. Reflections continue to be computationally heavy, but reflections of this quality are still a lot better than traditional reflections. Also this image is a really extreme example of reflections which makes any flaw way more obvious than they will be during normal gameplay.

Last edited:
After playing spider man on ps5, I have no doubts that PD will implement a raytracing system on par with the insomniac title. I loved how it was done in Miles Morales... the reflections are not too prominent but they help to "ground" the objects in the world, and in some places, it looks like magic! It's so nicely done. But I'm not hoping to see it in gameplay (maybe very limited), just in menus/scapes, maybe in replays running in 30fps.

Back