Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,184 comments

Gran Turismo 7 is officially due to arrive on PlayStation 5 sometime in 2021. A Sony marketing video briefly mentioned a “first half 2021” release date for Gran Turismo 7, however this was recently changed to simply “2021”.

Considering Polyphony Digital’s reputation for protracted development cycles, it would not be surprising if the PS5 instalment required extra development time, especially considering the impact of the coronavirus pandemic and PS5’s already-packed 2021 release schedule.

:scared: oh no !

Still a faint chance IMHO:

If it were announced in the next week or so that'd still leave a 3-month window during which a late-Q1 (March) release is possible, however-unlikely that may be.

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
Still a faint chance IMHO:

If it were announced in the next week or so that'd still leave a 3-month window during which a late-Q1 (March) release is possible, however-unlikely that may be.

:gtpflag:

It's "still a chance for 2020" all over again isn't it? :lol:

Obviously there is always a chance but the last week of the year is the absolute worst time to announce stuff about new games, everyone is focused on the holidays and all the current games they just got.

Mm, true, but it's also free on PS Plus, so I don 't think it counts.

*shrug*

Yes but destruction AllStars is coming out in February only because it got delayed. I don't think Insomniac would change Ratchet and Clank's release date because of that game

For any promotion, it takes on average 3 months.

If Ratchet & Clank release before April, we would have already had a date ;)

Gran Turismo 7 is officially due to arrive on PlayStation 5 sometime in 2021. A Sony marketing video briefly mentioned a “first half 2021” release date for Gran Turismo 7, however this was recently changed to simply “2021”.

Like all games.

Last edited:
GTS pre-beta vs GTS final edition

As you can see the pre-beta is way more similar to GT6 than the final version and it's even worse, so there is a chanche that the GT7 graphics will be different from the one we have seen in the trailer.

Just a little question, how can i get that dynamic style on my onboard camera? is it possible to get it?

Last edited by a moderator:
After august, it seems complicated. I can't see Sony will release GT7, Horizon FW and God of War with big thirds like Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed and others

Why not, they have in the past. It's pretty much unavoidable. They'll just try to make sure similar genre games don't launch on exactly the same day, that's about it.

God of War or Horizon could also easily get delayed to early 2022 as well.

GTS pre-beta vs GTS final edition

As you can see the pre-beta is way more similar to GT6 than the final version and it's even worse, so there is a chanche that the GT7 graphics will be different from the one we have seen in the trailer.

Just a little question, how can i get that dynamic style on my onboard camera? is it possible to get it?

Apart from lightning, reflections and clouds, is there any other difference? Because textures look the same to me.

The main problem with GT7 isn't it's lightning, or reflections, it's the track textures that look terrible.

Apart from lightning, reflections and clouds, is there any other difference? Because textures look the same to me.

The main problem with GT7 isn't it's lightning, or reflections, it's the track textures that look terrible.
ji5ir0z.png

It looks pretty good to me. I'm sure just by using higher res textures and alphas it'll look awesome on the PS5 but I do hope they have more track updates.

IMO the problem is Sony. The announcement was too early: they showed menus, loved features and tracks by fans and even a release window. Maybe all the menus were just a placeholders.
Polyphony Digital said nothing. Not even a proper section on the official website. No hint, nothing. I guess Poly knew the first half 2021 was impossible but Sony wanted to announce a proper GT game.
I think Forza announcement was the right thing to do.

Well, many felt it was coming this year. Then, got shot down for expecting it this year. It seems like more are facing the music and trying to accept there will be a delay.

IMO the problem is Sony. The announcement was too early: they showed menus, loved features and tracks by fans and even a release window. Maybe all the menus were just a placeholders.
Polyphony Digital said nothing. Not even a proper section on the official website. No hint, nothing. I guess Poly knew the first half 2021 was impossible but Sony wanted to announce a proper GT game.
I think Forza announcement was the right thing to do.

I'm not sure how that was better, the Forza announcement video was a bunch of nothing that didn't show or tell us much of anything. It was just a visual target not even running on the hardware it's made for; we know even less about the next Forza than we do about GT7.

Last edited:
I'm not sure how that was better, the Forza announcement video was a bunch of nothing that didn't show or tell us much of anything. It was just a visual target not even running on the hardware it's made for; we know even less about the next Forza than we do about GT7.
Yeah if they made a similar presentation to Forza i'm sure there would be a giant sh**storm with people complaining that PD are slow because after 3 years of work all they have to show it's a 15 seconds clip etc...unfortunately there is a double standard with PD, everything they do it is bad for some people

Last edited:
Well, I mean, Yeah that's obvious. Why would you have information on that game when it's extremely likely that it's not even close to being completed. I wouldn't be surprised if Forza is over a year away.

unfortunately there is a double standard with PD, everything they do it is bad for some people
It's not just for PD, that much is obvious.

Sometimes I feel like y’all want this game to be delayed
It's my case haha i really want to game to be delayed to at least 2022. 2021 is way too early, no alpha, no beta, no news to hype us. I really want GT7 to be ready as they never been before.

And we all know the real PS5 game will be out for 2022 or 2023.

It's my case haha i really want to game to be delayed to at least 2022. 2021 is way too early, no alpha, no beta, no news to hype us. I really want GT7 to be ready as they never been before.

And we all know the real PS5 game will be out for 2022 or 2023.

Why does GT7 need an alpha or beta? It’s not online focused like GTS

Latest Posts

Back