Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,348 comments
After playing first time ACC, I think, GT has potential. If PD will improve sound for GT7, they should insert ACC in PS5 and put the Pulse3D on. The sound blasts your ears. What a feeling, absolutely like the Original.

Last edited:
Why? Those games already exist, why would you want another copy of them? Why do you want to play the same game over and over? I'm all for including nostalgic elements here and there, keeping the general identity that made GT so good, but I also want to see it moved on,new innovations and ideas. Not just a lazy copy paste.

Some people might be happy with GT1-6 with a fresh 4k lick of paint and not much else, personally i'm not interested.
Why are you on this forum? If you really believe that the old GT formula is boring and repetitive, how can you possibly consider yourself to be a fan? If you haven't noticed, these so-called "innovations" have upset a lot of people and put a dampener on the reputation of the franchise. GT Sport is wasted potential IMO and PD have to make up for it by renewing the classic format.

GT7 will have elements out of past -> so GT 1-6, elements of the present -> so GT Sport and elements of the future -> new things in GT7
So, everyone should have elements he/she wishes

Last edited:
Why are you on this forum? If you really believe that the old GT formula is boring and repetitive, how can you possibly consider yourself to be a fan? If you haven't noticed, these so-called "innovations" have upset a lot of people and put a dampener on the reputation of the franchise. GT Sport is wasted potential IMO and PD have to make up for it by renewing the classic format.
Because GT7 isn't out yet and I'm waiting to see what it actually entails, perhaps? Pardon me if I desire something fresh on the GT single player formula.

The old games were great for their time, I enjoyed them a lot. Obviously. But it's not 2004 any more. I don't watch shows on my VCR, I don't record songs from the radio on cassette any more. Time moves on, things have to improve to keep up.

So yes, I'm very much hoping to see a freshened up and modernised GT game. Not the same old same old. And no, GT Sport was not well received by me either, I don't care for competitive online gaming, but I still commend them for trying something new.

Off topic but what's up with that blue and red box art that's being used a lot? For a placeholder, it's getting a very official treatment.

GT Sport was a little too heavy to be a Prologue but it was ultimately a test bed, and a placeholder for a more comprehensive GT7. It was perfectly utilized IMO
GT Sport has iirc 29 tracks at release, and 168 cars. That's content as much as GT1 or GT3. GT Sport is still part of the mainline game, albeit not numbered one, its content is far more than Prologue. You're comparing it to the likes of GT4, GT6 (ofc hoping GT7 will have as much)... but there's GT1 and GT3 too.

Last edited:
Yes, Kaz in fact said in an interview before GTS's release that it is its own full game or something to that effect. I remember this for some reason but @Samus quoted that interview in some thread, maybe even this one, in response to the same claim that GTS is a prologue.

Is there already any game show confirmed Sony is taking part this year? That could be a „unlocker“ for news. I saw, for example GT Sport got the second trailer at the e3 of following year, but as I read, Sony don’t take part.
Really Special Events like last year with PS5 presentation, I don’t think are really taken in this year.

Last edited:
Its a matter of limiting expectations and patience in my case, I am sure the moment I see a tweet or another thing GT7 related my excitement will go up again and then back to normal.

I am at this moment still looking forward to GT7 and still trying to get a PS5 as we speak now.

GT3 and GT4 came march and april so who knows. Hope so much

GT3 was announced as a PS2 launch title, GT4 was announced for a fall 2003 release. Neither made it. It's inevitable that PD will end up delaying the game, we all see it coming.

Will GT7 come out this year? Maybe, but not in the following months. I'd say late 2021 at the earliest, but my expectations are set on late 2022.
The time passed since the reveal has been so long that the excitement it caused has returned to idle, personally speaking.

I definitely agree, they threw a steak at our faces back in June and have kept us in the dark ever since. I'm expecting us to get another trailer or at least some screenshots before April, but who knows.
I am sure the moment I see a tweet or another thing GT7 related my excitement will go up again and then back to normal.

That's usually how it goes, but inevitably there will be a higher flow of news/info on GT7 the closer we are to release, which definitely isn't anytime soon. That's why I'm not keeping my expectations too high, and I think a lot of people in this thread should do the same.

Last edited:
March and April are around the corner and we have zero significant info on GT7. No sign of any build-up. So no.
Summer or directly November 24 (like GT5) at best.
Yes, because of the bad PS5 availability situation, I personally don’t trust at a release in the first half of 2021. I would hope it, but don’t think so. Why they should release an absoluty blockbuster when there’s a lack of new consoles. That would be a fail. And they have no really pressure, no Forza ready to launch

We have the second day of february, and you don’t think, it comes this year anymore? Sorry , but the PS5 for example came last holidays on market, officially announced at first in June! So there is a lot of time remaining

It’s reasonable to expect a delay beyond 2021 when the game hasn’t been marketed more than it has by now. They have clearly not been ready to show more than they did way back then, and this indicates development still has some ground to cover, and unexpected challenges can easily come up. Especially because Kaz is picky when it comes to getting stuff right.

It’s reasonable to expect a delay beyond 2021 when the game hasn’t been marketed more than it has by now. They have clearly not been ready to show more than they did way back then, and this indicates development still has some ground to cover, and unexpected challenges can easily come up. Especially because Kaz is picky when it comes to getting stuff right.
GT6 was announced in May 2013, and released in December of that same year. So there's nothing to worry about yet.

I personally would be atfirst glad, if we get this year the new Jag VGT SV as announced. The previous model is one of my absolute favorite cars and reasons for Gran Turismo, and incant await it, to drive with the optimized model over the Nordschleife with its electro punch, absolutely amazing.

Last edited:
It could delay into 2022 or beyond, but as others have said, that's not inevitible at the moment purely becuase of the lack of information. Ultimatley the game was announed almost 10 months ago, so we've had something and more recently we had that interview from Kaz released so maybe we will see more soon.

I've never noticed this, the garage cutscene in the Mazda Vision GT trailer was actually Trial Mountain with GT7 engine.
1.jpg

gran-turismo-7-screenshot-05-disclaimer-en-01oct20

Last edited:
I thought it was Nurburgring.

Anyway, can't recall seeing any stands in the opposite side of pit lane for Trial Mountain. I think Deep Forest have stands opposite pit lane.

Back