Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 38,947 comments
It seems IGN are really ass-kissing SONY's financial and fiscal (no pun intended) Game-plan.

Now my beloved God OF War has to suffer too.
Relevant GT7 part at 1:36- brace yourselfs! :lol:

This guy repeats it in moronic way, what was echoed in other posts here in this forum about the cross gen crap. :banghead:

Last edited:
I think of this whole cross-gen debacle in this context: Back in 2014, when Forza Horizon 2 came out, we got two versions, the XB1 version which had the visual and physical perks of next-gen technology, and the 360 version, which was just FH1 in Italy. It isn’t unprecedented to do this, and there is a chance that we will get a PS5 Version of GT7 that has all of the content we have been asking for, and a neutered PS4 version for those who want one.

I think of this whole cross-gen debacle in this context: Back in 2014, when Forza Horizon 2 came out, we got two versions, the XB1 version which had the visual and physical perks of next-gen technology, and the 360 version, which was just FH1 in Italy. It isn’t unprecedented to do this, and there is a chance that we will get a PS5 Version of GT7 that has all of the content we have been asking for, and a neutered PS4 version for those who want one.

I agree and I hope :bowdown::bowdown:

The thing about the 360 version of Horizon 2 though was that it was developed by a different studio, not Playground Games. Assuming a PS4 version of GT7 will exist, I doubt PD is going to let another studio handle it given their track record or that they’re going to waste time making a separate watered-down version of GT7 themselves.

Last edited:

The thing about the 360 version of Horizon 2 though was that it was developed by a different studio, not Playground Games. Assuming a PS4 version of GT7 will exist, I doubt PD is going to let another studio handle it given their track record or that they’re going to waste time making a separate watered-down version of GT7 themselves.

Not only that, but that was also a long time ago. Things have progressed and going off how seemingly every game that came out within last 7 months or so have been cross gen, and have been the same game between both of them. It also seems to be that way for games coming out in the foreseeable future as well.

Not only that, but that was also a long time ago. Things have progressed and going off how seemingly every game that came out within last 7 months or so have been cross gen, and have been the same game between both of them. It also seems to be that way for games coming out in the foreseeable future as well.

Maybe the game will not push the capabilities of PS5 at 100% considering it will be cross gen, but the PS5 version has still the potential to improve a lot with a good gap compared to PS4, definitely it's unlikely that we get a game identical to the ps4 version or a watered down gt sport with just ray tracing and better career, that would be a shame.... But I hope PD is not fallen such in the cringe to do something like that. That would be the end of the franchise, hope not.... So my prediction is that GT7 is not likely to be a true hardware pusher, but definitely PS5 version will have a vast in differece in graphics, perfomance and content and maybe even new features that ps4 can't stand.... We shall see

Last edited:

Plus Kaz made it clear they consider Sport mode is the future with esport competitions. Even if there was a GT7 made by another dev for PS4, the PS5 version physics simulation will still need to be paired down to the PS4 version so everyone is on an equal playing field.

Maybe the game will not push the capabilities of PS5 at 100% considering it will be cross gen, but the PS5 version has still the potential to improve a lot with a good gap compared to PS4
The game will not be able to push the PS5 to 100%, whatsoever, because it has to run on the PS4. It would be impossible to do so being a cross-gen game. It'll just be held back because of the previous generation, and it wont improve a lot on the PS5 in comparison. It'll look prettier I wouldn't doubt, it will definitely run smoother, but that's probably the extent of what the PS5 will receive. Especially when you start thinking of current gen games and how little different they are compared to the previous gen counterparts.

If they decide to shaft PS4 players and make two separate games, than sure, they can actually take advantage of the new hardware. Otherwise, don't expect a major difference between the two.

Last edited:
Plus Kaz made it clear they consider Sport mode is the future with esport competitions. Even if there was a GT7 made by another dev for PS4, the PS5 version physics simulation will still need to be paired down to the PS4 version so everyone is on an equal playing field.

Considering the poor physics and AI of GTSport, which I doubt is because of ps4 limitation..... It's not too hard to improve from GT Sport levels so for a game released 5 years later on a both old and new hardware there's a good chance that it get improvements in these fields, but maybe nothing revolutionary just an improvement over the formula of gt sport, slitghly more realistic but that's it IMHO to accomodate the limits of the PS4. Anyway, every improvement is welcome. We will see...

Maybe physics and AI might get a bit of an upgrade, but nothing stunning or particulary significant

Last edited:
Considering the poor physics and AI of GTSport, which I doubt is because of ps4 limitation..... It's not too hard to improve from GT Sport levels so for a game released 5 years later on a both old and new hardware there's a good chance that it get improvements in these fields, but maybe nothing revolutionary just an improvement over the formula of gt sport, slitghly more realistic but that's it IMHO to accomodate the limits of the PS4. Anyway, every improvement is welcome. We will see...
Physics and AI depend pretty heavily on how powerful the hardware is I'm pretty sure. It's directly related. If they were able to make such massive jumps you'd think they'd have implemented some already. To do more of something else you'll likely need to compromise somewhere. That's a message that can span across every aspect of the PS4 vs PS5 game debate.

Cross-gen release….yea, I’ll believe it when I see it.

min my opinion, this game was ready last year. They just held it back on purpose because there is a shortage of consoles to sell. Sony isn’t dumb. They know Gran Turismo is a console seller. It would have been a wasted release if they didn’t have the inventory of consoles so people could buy both at the same time (like many of us plan on doing).

I think (hope) they’ve been using this time to make a version of GT7 that will be playable on PS4 while not sacrificing the next gen console. Hell, it might even come in the form of DLC like all of the other GT sport updates.

we’ll get GT 7 when there’s enough consoles to justify the release. Probably next year. IF the PS4 version is for real, it’ll be a neutered version of the PS5 title. Not the other way around.

I say again, Sony is not stupid and will not sacrifice anything when it comes to one of their Banner Franchises

I think (hope) they’ve been using this time to make a version of GT7 that will be playable on PS4 while not sacrificing the next gen console
There really doesn't seem to be way to make two games spanning two generations work together in unison without the more powerful being sacrificed. They'd have to develop two completely different games that don't interconnect in anyway if that's the case.

we’ll get GT 7 when there’s enough consoles to justify the release. Probably next year. IF the PS4 version is for real, it’ll be a neutered version of the PS5 title. Not the other way around.
No, it quite literally is the other way around.

Last edited:
There really doesn't seem to be way to make two games spanning two generations work together in unison without the more powerful being sacrificed. They'd have two develop to completely different games that don't interconnect in anyway if that's the case.

No, it quite literally is the other way around.

my fault, I didn’t explain my point clearly enough.

like I said, I’ll believe it when I see it if it’s going to be cross gen or not.

and secondly, they could just do a couple updates on GT Sport, add some of the new tracks, some new cars, update some features and easily just call it Gran Turismo 7. No neutering to the PS5 title required. No cross play between the consoles.

my fault, I didn’t explain my point clearly enough.

like I said, I’ll believe it when I see it if it’s going to be cross gen or not.

and secondly, they could just do a couple updates on GT Sport, add some of the new tracks, some new cars, update some features and easily just call it Gran Turismo 7. No neutering to the PS5 title required. No cross play between the consoles.
You explained your point just fine, really.

At this point, I think really that's all that's going to be happening. More actual content with small incremental changes that will be the same on both PS4, and PS5. If they go down the route you're saying about making them two split games, than that will only prolong things even more than they already have. Otherwise, if they don't split the games, then the PS5 is definitely going to be neutered.

You explained your point just fine, really.

At this point, I think really that's all that's going to be happening. More actual content with small incremental changes that will be the same on both PS4, and PS5. If they go down the route you're saying about making them two split games, than that will only prolong things even more than they already have. Otherwise, if they don't split the games, then the PS5 is definitely going to be neutered.

Agreed. The only place I differ is I think the game was already pretty close to done. Between this game and god of war, they didn’t have close to enough consoles to sell alongside both of those releases. From the different financial decision making process that does not include Sony trying to double-dip on these games. Is just them delaying the release until they have more consoles.

I’m probably wrong in my thinking, but it kinda makes sense too if you think about it.

I think the games will be two completely separate games IF IN FACT this cross-gen crap even happens. If I heard right, he didn’t actually say for sure Sony was doing this right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed. The only place I differ is I think the game was already pretty close to done. Between this game and god of war, they didn’t have close to enough consoles to sell alongside both of those releases. From the different financial decision making process that does not include Sony trying to double-dip on these games. Is just them delaying the release until they have more consoles.

I’m probably wrong in my thinking, but it kinda makes sense too if you think about it.

I think the games will be two completely separate games IF IN FACT this cross-gen crap even happens. If I heard right, he didn’t actually say for sure Sony was doing this right?
At first it wasn't, it was just an very vaguely worded statement. Supposedly earlier today someone was able to get a confirmation from a Playstation Rep about GT7. Still not a 100% confirmation, but all things are pointing that way in my opinion.

FWIW, I would gladly pay $40 for a DLC version of “GT7”( …..whatever that would look like) for PS4, if the PS5 version in all its glory was still 6 months away after a PS4 version came out

I think most of us would gladly pay that if it meant not compromising a PS5 vesrion

FWIW, I would gladly pay $40 for a DLC version of “GT7”( …..whatever that would look like) for PS4, if the PS5 version in all its glory was still 6 months away after a PS4 version came out

I think most of us would gladly pay that if it meant not compromising a PS5 verion
They'd still have to develop two games, taking resources from the other in order to accomplish that goal. That can still influence production on one or the other. I don't speak for everyone, but I would prefer not to have a watered down, stripped, basic version of a next gen game.

And think about it like this, even if they do have to limit the content, post launch updates can add the things that people are clamoring for. It’s pretty obvious that Kaz and PD intended for this one to last a long while, in terms of playability, so supplementing that with a steady stream of post launch content like they did with GT Sport may calm some troubled waters.

And think about it like this, even if they do have to limit the content, post launch updates can add the things that people are clamoring for. It’s pretty obvious that Kaz and PD intended for this one to last a long while, in terms of playability, so supplementing that with a steady stream of post launch content like they did with GT Sport may calm some troubled waters.

And what about better physics, SSD, Ray tracing, 4k 60 fps, Full vr support, dynamic time of day and weather and other things that PS4 can't handle? what about that for the ps5 version? I hope they will be on the ps5 version at least? It would be foolish to not have it on next gen version

Last edited:
And what about better physics, SSD, Ray tracing, 4k 60 fps, Full vr support, dynamic time of day and weather and other things that PS4 can't handle? what about that for the ps5 version? I hope they will be on the ps5 version at least? It would be foolish to not have it on next gen version
I don’t think we’ll see those omissions. Based on what is known so far, this decision has been made fairly recently, and even then, we already know Kaz and PD have been working on GT7 for years. If any work is mitigated because of Sony’s decision, we can at least hope that most of the important stuff has been taken care of.

The dynamic weather thing... I can do without it. I get how cool it is, but I have trouble seeing how influential it would be outside of the longer campaign races and longer daily's. And I'm not sure how popular the longer campaign races are in the gran truism games.

One thing I really, really hope for is for Full VR support. After getting my VR set the other day, I can't believe how much fun it is, and how much more fun it would be to do actual races with it!

Of course I would like better physics. And to dovetail with that, I would like better in-game adjustability for peripherals such as our wheels, pedals, shakers, ect.

Can someone please explain to me Ray Tracing and why its so important... I honestly don't know.

GT Sport has some fundamental flaws that simply cannot be fixed to become GT7.

The dynamic weather thing... I can do without it. I get how cool it is, but I have trouble seeing how influential it would be outside of the longer campaign races and longer daily's. And I'm not sure how popular the longer campaign races are in the gran truism games.

One thing I really, really hope for is for Full VR support. After getting my VR set the other day, I can't believe how much fun it is, and how much more fun it would be to do actual races with it!

Of course I would like better physics. And to dovetail with that, I would like better in-game adjustability for peripherals such as our wheels, pedals, shakers, ect.

Can someone please explain to me Ray Tracing and why its so important... I honestly don't know.

Ray tracing replicates realistic rendering overall can be with shadows, lighting, reflection and more.

I can't honestly tell much difference from GT7s raytracing than GT Sport. Looks the same until I look close enough.

GT Sport has some fundamental flaws that simply cannot be fixed to become GT7.

true. But just changing some things around, add some content….basically make it a “GT7 light” or GT Sport “heavy”.

….doesn’t matter. Just call it Gran Turismo 7 and make the money off it

So can anyone tell me what the big deal about dynamic weather in a racing game is? I get it for super long races. But I’m not sure I understand what the big deal is for 10 minute daily’s and run of the mill campaign challenges.

I’m honestly curious. What am I missing?

Back