Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,188 comments
Also reflection quality, the low res pixelated reflextions looks very bad especially when using the hood view
As far as i've seen on the trailer, it seems that car reflections will still be using cubemap reflections, BUT merged with RT.

I would love it if PD developed a Forzavista mode of their own. GT5/6 sorta of had that with their photomodes but it obviously wasn't the same. (It's weird to me how Forza came up with that first honestly)
GT Sport has a feature where you can Forzavista your cars through the VR showroom, however, it's only limited to VR mode, and you can't open the doors, trunk, hood/engine bay or explore the interior though.

Last edited:
GT Sport has a feature where you can Forzavista your cars through the VR showroom, however, it's only limited to VR mode, and you can't open the doors, trunk, hood/engine bay or explore the interior though.
A kind of "forzavista" is also the free camera roam in track photomode.
Better than nothing. But yeah I'd love to explore and take pictures of the engine bay of each car. I highly doubt PD would have those modeled in detail (other than the obvious Ferrari, Jaguar XJ13 engines...and the glorious highly detailed one they used in GT5 for the Redbull trailer and game screensaver).

Last edited:
A kind of "forzavista" is also the free camera roam in track photomode.
Better than nothing. But yeah I'd love to explore and take pictures of the engine bay of each car. I highly doubt PD would have those modeled in detail (other than the obvious Ferrari, Jaguar XJ13 engines...and the glorious highly detailed one they used in GT5 for the Redbull trailer and game screensaver).
Poly could outsource the modeling of engine bay. And outsource many other things like any modern game studio. I'm sure Trial Mountain would look better with more manpower... Playground Games makes the most beautiful games IMO today, and outsourcing isn't something to be ashamed.

Last edited:
I can’t believe we are still using Trial Mountain as a talking point for what the final game is going to look like like that same footage isn’t over a year old now

I can’t believe we are still using Trial Mountain as a talking point for what the final game is going to look like like that same footage isn’t over a year old now
Turn 10 and Playground Games showed their games and they looked stunning (ok it's just Laguna Seca and only one turn).
I don't expect any major changement in the landscape department. Sure, better textures or more trees but that won't change the overall feeling.

T10 hasn't shown anything besides a pre-rendered trailer. We basically have nothing to go off of, and cant even expect the game to actually look like what we were shown. Much in the same way it's probably not so good to judge a full game off a trailer that's pretty dated, especially with all the change of news within the past few months.

Turn 10 and Playground Games showed their games and they looked stunning (ok it's just Laguna Seca and only one turn).
I don't expect any major changement in the landscape department. Sure, better textures or more trees but that won't change the overall feeling.
T10 showed you an in-engine CGI trailer that isn’t representative of gameplay. Playground showed a game that is actually near completion and is releasing in a few months. GT showed a short demo which is now dated. Hard to really compare those

Last edited:
Poly could outsource the modeling of engine bay. And outsource many other things like any modern game studio. I'm sure Trial Mountain would look better with more manpower... Playground Games makes the most beautiful games IMO today, and outsourcing isn't something to be ashamed.

I hope this guy is working on outsourced trees for GT7...

These trees and vegetation look so realistic,it would be amazing to have this kind of quality on GT7

The announcement trailer of GTsport from 2015 already have a good looking realistic trees but I guess they had to downgrade it in the full release. They seem fully 3D too but I can't say for sure.

Last edited:

The announcement trailer of GTsport from 2015 already have a good looking realistic trees but I guess they had to downgrade it in the full release. They seem fully 3D too but I can't say for sure.

Yeah the don't seem to rotate with the camera so probably they were 3d in that trailer

We really shouldn't even be basing a game off a pre-rendered trailer in the first place. That's rule number one when it comes to these things, as the vast majority of the time the game will not be as robust looking as we see in these trailers. They're usually just bullshot-like videos that should always be taken with massive amount of salt, for any game.

Last edited:

They have some good looking trees sprinkled here and there but there is a resolution issue for most, if they upres them for GT7 they would be in a good spot. Some already look like that twitter img with the way the leaves catches the highlights, just need higher res.

We really shouldn't even be basing a game off a pre-rendered trailer in the first place. That's rule number one when it comes to these things, as the vast majority of the time the game will not be as robust looking as we see in these trailers. They're usually just bullshot-like videos that should always be taken with massive amount of salt, for any game.
I don't think it's pre-rendered. You can actually see the poor vegetations on the right side. It's probably a real time in game replay footage not running on PS4.
They have some good looking trees sprinkled here and there but there is a resolution issue for most, if they upres them for GT7 they would be in a good spot. Some already look like that twitter img with the way the leaves catches the highlights, just need higher res.
Most real life tracks in GTSport have superior environment details than the original tracks made by PD. I don't think upping the resolution would fix it. They need to redo some of their assets or outsource them because they're really bad. Tracks like Alsace, Saint Croix, Dragon Trail have poor looking trees. It's very inconsistent. It's almost like tracks have become the new premium vs standard instead of cars.

I don't think it's pre-rendered. You can actually see the poor vegetations on the right side. It's probably a real time in game replay footage not running on PS4.
If it's not live game-play than it is pre-rendered. Even games that state "using in game engine" should be taken with a grain of salt, as they are obviously pumped up. It's a normal thing in this industry.

Last edited:
The forest is the best looking GT environment, that's a mix of 2 and 3d trees. Is this what they licensed Speedtree for? 😆

untitled_panorama1q4krs.jpg

If they roll this out to all other tracks in GT7 PS4, I'll be satisfied.

I wonder if tree's will actually get worse, if this ends up being a cross-generational game. Not too big an issue to me, but apparently it's widely talked about here.

Most real life tracks in GTSport have superior environment details than the original tracks made by PD. I don't think upping the resolution would fix it. They need to redo some of their assets or outsource them because they're really bad. Tracks like Alsace, Saint Croix, Dragon Trail have poor looking trees. It's very inconsistent. It's almost like tracks have become the new premium vs standard instead of cars.
They showed how they create those actions shots in one of their tech talk which was pretty cool. But heres what im talking about, if these trees were higher res, it would totally be fixed for me. Im not sure about the more blobby trees but again they are so low res maybe they would look cool in their original res.
EFGUPja.png

Like the blobs in the back are not that important but if they were higher res it would totally make the shot better.
JYQ3n2A.png

I'm actually kind of happy that it's been delayed into 2022, heh

After seeing how messy the Cyberpunk 2077 release was (evidently premature) and how they bungled the release of a great game, I'm all for delays if it means getting the appropriate development time. More time for adding content, features and for testing. While, yes I could do with there being another GT instalment released like, now, I don't mind waiting if it means we'll eventually get a great game to play on the PS5. I've loved all of the previous main series entries and am hoping GT7 is at least as fun as GT6...

Also, I'm still quite sure that the PS5 is a product that exists only in fiction/ myth/ imagination; I haven't seen one on sale aside from pre-release orders ':/

Last edited:
Back