Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 38,938 comments
Just did the new Le Mans race in the GT One.

-Did not get the CRB even though I never picked up a penalty or crashed.
-Race goes from morning till late afternoon.
-I hit some very slight rain around lap 4 - not enough for a tire change though.
-The GT One is INSANE in VR - PD outdid themselves.
-The GT might be too fast for its class...
I've done it twice picked up two penalties in the first race and one in the second. No clean race bonus in either. And yes. That cockpit in VR has to be seen to be believed.

The LMP class BMW V12 LMR could go longer between stops and spent less time in the stops
Worth noting that the winning LMP class BMW V12 LMR was the only car that didn't need to change the brake discs. It was a common maintenance intervention during the 24 Hours until then, but after that edition it became practically mandatory, at least for anyone who wanted to compete for victory, to optimize the performance of the braking system so as not to have the need for maintenance interventions, except only in the event of failure.

Balance of Performance (BoP)
- There is an error in the 'BoP' power settings for the 'Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car', resulting in the car producing more power than intended.

Something interesting of note.

Given the LMGTP version of the Toyota GT-One is confirmed in Gr.2, that also implies that the Bentley Speed 8 of the same regulations would likewise be Gr.2, if it ever returned.

IMG_3819.jpeg

I'll be interested in seeing if the early LMP / LMP900 cars would also go into Gr.2 too. At what point do Polyphony draw the separation line.
The Audi R10 TDI (2006) maybe?

Last edited:
GT-One is so good.

I personally have a lot of fun driving it. Sounds great, handles great, it spits fire too.

I don't know the fuel consumption yet.
Went the distance with one lap of fuel left in the tank, in the Neo-Classic at Big Willow. FM1 and driving as quick as could through traffic. I bailed three laps into the Le Mans race. I think I was at 2.6 laps left in the tank on FM1. Got itchy to start working on the ‘98-‘99 alt number liveries.

Something interesting of note.

Given the LMGTP version of the Toyota GT-One is confirmed in Gr.2, that also implies that the Bentley Speed 8 of the same regulations would likewise be Gr.2, if it ever returned.

View attachment 1340981

I'll be interested in seeing if the early LMP / LMP900 cars would also go into Gr.2 too. At what point do Polyphony draw the separation line.
The Audi R10 TDI (2006) maybe?
Audi R10 would go in GR.1 if the Peugeot 908 and Audi R18 is anything to go by.

Personally, I think the Gr. System should be dismantled in future titles. It's nothing but a messy holdover from Sport that as especially seen with GR.1 and now GR.2, has only gotten messier. There's simply no use for it anymore in a post Sport world where we have returned back to a traditional mainline game, especially since PD have shown in specific instances that they can narrow specifically what Cars get used.

Last edited:
Audi R10 would go in GR.1 if the Peogeot 908 and Audi R15 is anything to go by.

Personally, I think the Gr. System should be dismantled in future titles. It's nothing but a messy holdover from Sport that as especially seen with GR.1 and now GR.2, has only gotten messier. There's simply no use for it anymore in a post Sport world where we have returned back to a traditional mainline game, especially since PD have shown in specific instances that they can narrow specifically what Cars get used.
I think that being able to set year parameters in modes such as custom race & open lobbies could help add an extra level of separation if the Group format stays. Would be a useful tool to have for road car events too.

This, along with being able to use the "Car Type" tags that are already in-game in those two modes too.
Drivetrain/engine type restrictions, so you can have e.g. FWD Gr.4 only races.
Specific countries & manufacturers.
One-makes using the entire catalogue of cars.
The ability to set custom BoP figures using the same way you could in GT Sport, without having to install turbochargers to go beyond stock power...
There are so many things, which the developers already use themselves for career events.

Having access to tools like those would be awesome, especially for stuff like custom career modes like the one I've been working on for a while.

Last edited:

Even better: full revision of the grouping system like some here suggested (by year, by actual racing category, by actual regulations depending on era).

I think we also have to consider a few outliers in real life (Corvette C8.R running in IMSA GTD Pro while waiting for the Z06.R GT3 to be ready).

I wonder what that overpowered Ford is like now for the GT3 Cup world circuit races that use BoP - the Daytona oval in particular. Not sure if any of the other tracks use the "High" setting.

I haven't seen a single drop of rain while doing the new 900 PP 10 lapper around La Sarthe. Is this a coincidence or is the dynamic weather disabled for this race?

I wonder what that overpowered Ford is like now for the GT3 Cup world circuit races that use BoP - the Daytona oval in particular. Not sure if any of the other tracks use the "High" setting.
It's 560BHP on Medium as well as High, I checked the Maggiore Human Comedy mission and it said 560 there. So it should be a cheat code for any GT Cup Gr.3 races right now.

So I just entered the WTC 900 race at La Sarthe, and noticed 2 cinematic pre-race shots that seem to focus on these cars under tarps. This is perhaps tinfoil hat stuff,
but have these always been here?
Are Polyphony trying to hint at something with these?
And would anyone know what these cars might be? They seem a bit VGT-like to me.

IMG_3824.jpeg

IMG_3825.jpeg

It might be nothing, but it's just a bit odd.

Last edited:
So I just entered the WTC 900 race at La Sarthe, and noticed 2 cinematic pre-race shots that seem to focus on these cars under tarps. This is perhaps tinfoil hat stuff,
but have these always been here?
Are Polyphony trying to hint at something with these?
And would anyone know what these cars might be? They seem a bit VGT-like to me.

View attachment 1341088
View attachment 1341089

It might be nothing, but it's just a bit odd.

Thats the Hyundai N2025 VGT, can see the outline of the fin and tail lights as well as the aerials

1711654099902.png

Looks like Pieces of the Red Bull X2019 in the pit stall next to it.

Last edited:
I personally don't think it needs to be dismantled, but just expanded on. The biggest issue with it is that PD only made it with the original cars in mind and tried making a lot of cars work within these classes. Instead, they should've been adding new groups and making it their racing class system like how different racing sims have theirs.

You can tell where PD's attention is with the groups by the BoP as well - Gr.3 after lots of adjustments is in one of the best places it's ever been in lately (Test Car issue aside), while 1/2/4 are all messes of various degrees that make their races effective one-makes, and nobody knows what Gr.B's BoP is like because we never run the class.

Back