Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 38,938 comments
Forgive the late rebuttal but this was the first thing I saw when opening this thread.

Why are you on this forum? If you really believe that the old GT formula is boring and repetitive, how can you possibly consider yourself to be a fan?

Are you seriously gatekeeping Granturismo as well as GTPlanet??

It doesn't matter what they said, who are you to shun them for it?

Wait all, it could be now really, that we will hear sooner as we think anything new from Gran Turismo. Remember the added links from PlayStation under the YouTube announcement-vids from June, added last days. Ratchet Clank now got release date! And GT7 is on website, directly following of Ratchet Clank in table

Sony just revealed a release date trailer for Ratchet and Clank for June. GT7 will probably be for the holidays.

What’s with Q3?

Last edited by a moderator:
Horizon Forbidden West i guess :)
I have the feeling, the ultimate blockbuster this year for Sony is Horizon Forbidden West. As I think from marketing view, the target group is much bigger with action & adventure as „only“ racing game. They certainly know, GT has a huge fan base and haven’t to do such a marketing phrase for it and there isn’t another racing game in Sony Studios anymore. Btw. Jim Ryan isn’t personally a fan of racing as I read anytimes. That could be a point on any view, too.
So my think, Q3 GT7 and Q4 Horizon. Hadn’t Horizon problems as I read?

Last edited:
I know I'm being optimistic, but would love to see a August or September launch window for GT7, when the weather is still bearable and nice here (UK) to enjoy the game.

Last edited:
Why? PD are trying to simulate real prices. Lucky they didn't simulate the 250 GT price, regardless of year.

The Most Expensive Classic Cars Ever Sold At Auction
  • 1955 Jaguar D-Type, XKD501, US$21.78 million. ...
  • 1939 Alfa Romeo 8C 2900B Lungo Spider, US$19.8 million. ...
  • 1970 Porsche 917K, US$14 million. ...
  • 1935 Duesenberg SSJ, US$22 million. ...
  • 1956 Aston Martin DBR1, US$22.55 million. ...
  • 1954 Mercedes-Benz W196 Formula 1, US$29 million. ...
  • 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO, US$70 million.

But as said before, they don't also simulate ways to earn big money like the real world so it's not balanced or fair at all.

In the real world Lewis Hamilton didn't have to grind the same race for hours over and over to earn his millions, nor do any millionaires or billionaires who buy those cars in real life. They have yearly salaries, they can invest, they can run 34 businesses and so on.

Yet in GT world we are left grinding out the meta events over and over as the primary income and nothing else .

You can't just simulate one aspect of the economy and not others and expect it to work for the players.

Last edited:
You know what he meant.

Not in the context of their flawed argument, no.

You can't bring up millionaires and billionaires that "run 34 businesses" as if they are mythical beings that came from a land unknown. They had to grind to get where they are, to earn those salaries and finally be able to afford their dream cars that they don't even drive due to lack of time.

A little grind mechanism brings more life to the game, especially to Granturismo Sport where not everyone is keen on the esports pitch. The economy as is, isn't game breaking. You can earn credits from other avenues like: online lobbies, Sport Mode, Mission Challenges, etc.

It is not that difficult to earn Credits in this game. Especially when you don't make it a goal.

The only issue the LH DLC poses is the argument of P2W and a literal pay wall to adjust the in-game limits. If you want to take the challenge, pay, and you'll be able to afford the game's entire lineup.

Last edited:
But as said before, they don't also simulate ways to earn big money like the real world so it's not balanced or fair at a
In the real world Lewis Hamilton didn't have to grind the same race for hours over and over to earn his millions, nor do any millionaires or billionaires who buy those cars in real life. They have yearly salaries, they can invest, they can run 34 businesses and so on.

Yet in GT world we are left grinding out the meta events over and over as the primary income and nothing else .

You can't just simulate one aspect of the economy and not others and expect it to work for the players.
The reason I posted 'Why?'. Removing a credit cap and/or decreasing a car price, really doesn't matter. To make Cr. easy or difficult to earn, is something PD are going to decide to adjust or not. It's a question that should be put to PD/Kaz. I'd love for clarity about this subject.

Why? PD are trying to simulate real prices. Lucky they didn't simulate the 250 GT price, regardless of year.

Small offtopic. It is incredible how "much more" this Ferrari did sold.

They aren't simulating real world prices at all, some cars are a similar-ish to real world price somewhere in the world, other cars are miles away from the real world price/evaluation. They just look at a certain cars and say "this should be 20mCr" of course there probably is an element of "this car is hyper expensive and rare in real life" but they just whack it in at 20m Cr, they don't reflecct the actual real price for most of the cars.

The problem with having these cars set at such high prices is there is no means to purchase them that doesn't require hours and hours of needless grinding. This is a topic that has been done to feath before though, and the fact is it takes longer to save up enough Cr to buy these cars in GT Sport than in past titles.

What GT doesn't do is provide a means when you are the top to earn Cr quick enough, so it needs to either increase the Cr earning curve so you start to earn considerably more as you progress to the latter stages, or reduce the cost of these top end cars.

@Samus point about grinding, Lewis Hamilton did not have to grind as much to get to where is as a person does in GT Sport. Real racing doesn't work like that anyway, you don't keep redoing the F1 race at Monaco because youre good at it, but he's done that race what, about 13-14 times now, becuase he's an F1 driver. A game won't simulate real life to he fullest degree, and nor should it either, games are at thier core, meant to be enjoyable escapism, doing stuff most people (if not all) wouldn't be able to do in real life.

However, Lewis Hamilton earned about £40m in salary for racing the F1 season back in 2019, you can't earn close to that much in GT Sport. Not close. So it's impossible to argue even if you do beleive the prices are "real" that it's a fair system until the in game earnings also somewhat reflect what is "real", at the very least when you hit the end game. Personally, I'd just reduce those prices as that will cause less upset to the overall balance of the in game economy, but the in game economy is very poor right now.

Last edited:
They aren't simulating real world prices at all, some cars are a similar-ish to real world price somewhere in the world, other cars are miles away from the real world price/evaluation. They just look at a certain cars and say "this should be 20mCr" of course there probably is an element of "this car is hyper expensive and rare in real life" but they just whack it in at 20m Cr, they don't reflecct the actual real price for most of the cars.

The problem with having these cars set at such high prices is there is no means to purchase them that doesn't require hours and hours of needless grinding. This is a topic that has been done to feath before though, and the fact is it takes longer to save up enough Cr to buy these cars in GT Sport than in past titles.

What GT doesn't do is provide a means when you are the top to earn Cr quick enough, so it needs to either increase the Cr earning curve so you start to earn considerably more as you progress to the latter stages, or reduce the cost of these top end cars.

@Samus point about grinding, Lewis Hamilton did not have to grind as much to get to where is as a person does in GT Sport. Real racing doesn't work like that anyway, you don't keep redoing the F1 race at Monaco because youre good at it, but he's done that race what, about 13-14 times now, becuase he's an F1 driver. A game won't simulate real life to he fullest degree, and nor should it either, games are at thier core, meant to be enjoyable escapism, doing stuff most people (if not all) wouldn't be able to do in real life.

However, Lewis Hamilton earned about £40m in salary for racing the F1 season back in 2019, you can't earn close to that much in GT Sport. Not close. So it's impossible to argue even if you do beleive the prices are "real" that it's a fair system until the in game earnings also somewhat reflect what is "real", at the very least when you hit the end game. Personally, I'd just reduce those prices as that will cause less upset to the overall balance of the in game economy, but the in game economy is very poor right now.
I typed "trying" to simulate. I think we know they've been quite unsuccessful in GT Sport with the game economy.

But as said before, they don't also simulate ways to earn big money like the real world so it's not balanced or fair at all.

Of course in real life, there's much more variety to do like invest or business etc. But then how about other games, other than GT, particularly racing ones too? I don't think that games let the player do something outside the video game's genre, with open world being the one that comes the close.

The reason I posted 'Why?'. Removing a credit cap and/or decreasing a car price, really doesn't matter. To make Cr. easy or difficult to earn, is something PD are going to decide to adjust or not. It's a question that should be put to PD/Kaz. I'd love for clarity about this subject.
They should use the most expensive and unobtainable car as prize cars, and let the players sell them, and give payouts appropriate to the races, like the longest Endurance race gives credit close to the most expensive thing in the game such as 20m?

F1 season is now 20+ races, iirc for 10s the highest amount is 21 races. Though 2020 season had 17 races, similar to the 00s, but 2021 is planned to have 23 races.

Last edited:
Of course in real life, there's much more variety to do like invest or business etc. But then how about other games, other than GT, particularly racing ones too? I don't think that games let the player do something outside the video game's genre, with open world being the one that comes the close.

They should use the most expensive and unobtainable car as prize cars, and let the players sell them, and give payouts appropriate to the races, like the longest Endurance race gives credit close to the most expensive thing in the game such as 20m?

F1 season is now 20+ races, iirc for 10s the highest amount is 21 races. Though 2020 season had 17 races, similar to the 00s, but 2021 is planned to have 23 races.
I'm all for prize cars, as in GT3. I still had to grind to get each color choice on the wheel. Some cars I got the same color over and over until I got all colors.

GT Sport is nearly backwards. We get prize cars for DAily Mileage. We get prize cars for Missions and driving school. However, we get prize cars for Circuit Experience, but not the cars we used to complete each Circuit Experience. Say what? Would have made sense to recieve the car we actually used.

I'm all for prize cars, as in GT3. I still had to grind to get each color choice on the wheel. Some cars I got the same color over and over until I got all colors.

GT Sport is nearly backwards. We get prize cars for DAily Mileage. We get prize cars for Missions and driving school. However, we get prize cars for Circuit Experience, but not the cars we used to complete each Circuit Experience. Say what? Would have made sense to recieve the car we actually used.
Yeah, but I specifically suggested that the prize cars use the hardest to obtain car, like 330 P4 on the hardest/longest events. In GT5 there's something where Formula GT gives Caterham 7, or that 24h races give McLaren 12C.

Except he did. As did the drivers before and after him.

No, he did not. He and all other drivers enter a single race or a series of racing over the course of a season and they are paid a salary. They earn via sponsors and promotions. They don't turn up at a track one day and run the same event 8 times back to back, as you do in GT.

Not in the context of their flawed argument, no.

You can't bring up millionaires and billionaires that "run 34 businesses" as if they are mythical beings that came from a land unknown. They had to grind to get where they are, to earn those salaries and finally be able to afford their dream cars that they don't even drive due to lack of time.

The simple point I was making is that in the real world, where these supposed real world costs for cars are coming from, there are far more ways to earn money to buy those cars. In Gran Turismo there is one way and one way only to acquire wealth, winning races. It's not a realistic balance at all. If you want to offer a $20 million car under the guise of "reality" give me more ways to earn it like "reality". Otherwise it's neither fair nor fun.

A little grind mechanism brings more life to the game, especially to Granturismo Sport where not everyone is keen on the esports pitch. The economy as is, isn't game breaking. You can earn credits from other avenues like: online lobbies, Sport Mode, Mission Challenges, etc.

How on earth does it "bring life" to a game? Doing the same meta events over and over again is not life, it's boring. Nobody wants to do it by choice. They do it because earning credits "organically" takes far, far too long.

It is not that difficult to earn Credits in this game. Especially when you don't make it a goal.

Nonsense. I completed the vast majority of the single player game, all the driving challenges, most of the events at least once, and I earned a grand total of 16,297,399 credits over 30 hours of driving. That's not even enough to buy ONE specific single car in the game. There are 10 or so cars in GTS I'll simply never drive because their total cost is north of 100m credits, on top of the other regularly priced cars that I have bought.

I'm not suggesting GT or any other racing game let you become an investment banker or rent out condos, no. Again, I was simply pointing out people can't just say "Oh, the car prices are realistic" as a defence of them being absurdly high when the rest of the economy doesn't reflect reality. It's not fair on the player to have one and not the other.

So no, the solution is obviously to simply balance the cost vs payouts so that the time to earn them comes a long way down. I'm not claiming it's easy to get the balance between too quick to earn cars vs too slow, but it's not THAT hard, if they genuinely want to. As you say, for one, the rarest cars can be given as prizes for some of the endgame events, a pretty simple game mechanic that has existed for eons, and one GT used to employ.

The cynics among us would say they purposely didn't do it in GTS because they want to push you towards the premium micron transactions for the cheaper cars so you can keep your credits to save up for the most expensive ones.

Back