Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,263 comments
Other, less mind torturing methods take a lot longer. Way longer.

Because I'm assuming you cant wait two nights to get one of the 10 cars you so desperately want? Of those 10 cars, a majority of them can be used in more than one career event. So you only need one to complete career mode, and the rest you can get every other night just by relaxing. And since you're going to be playing the game for the next 18 days regardless, you might as well do the auto endurance races.

You act like you have no autonomy and someone has a gun to your temple and is forcing you to grind the game to completion.

I assume this requires PS Plus and
leaving your console on overnight wasting electricity with a cheaty method that requires several friends to help if you want to drive certain cars.

If you leave your console on for 24 hrs a day for an entire year, you would only be wasting around $100 of electricity in that entire year. That's 27 cents a night.

If you can afford, or be afforded a console, electricity and PS Plus wouldn't be an issue, now would it? If they are, you have other priorities instead of gaming.

Secondly, I personally do not see it as cheating if I'm using a game mechanic that's there. I'm not using rubber bands and going out of my way to set up some credit earning contraption. Nor am I modifying game files and game saves to earn credits.

Thirdly, you don't need friends to do it. Simply put Autodrive endurance race in your lobby title and I guarantee you'll have three people join within 2 minutes. You can wait a little more if you want, or you can just go ahead and start it.

but the argument is that it's bad design and that it absolutely shouldn't find it's way into the next iteration of the game (in much the same way that it should have died out after GT5).

And I agreed and never once denied that...? I offered simple solutions and am still met with the fact that GTS is grindy, following the mechanics from GT5 and GT6.

From the get-go I recognize it's a broken system but for a game such as GTS, without some sort of grind mechanism, you would have completed the game within two weeks.

Most of the core fanbase doesn't care about the eSports angle so they have skipped it altogether. Whatever small playerbase, relatively, there is, PD has to keep them engaged somehow.

Their current mechanic isn't the best but the game has survived for three years now.

You seem to be agreeing with this and then excusing it but I'd rather PD notice that people disliked it in GT Sport and fix it for GT7.

That's exactly what I'm doing because theres no point arguing about a three year old stand-in game at the end of its leash.

Yes we all acknowledge the mechanism itself isn't suitable for all games, in your opinion it shouldn't exist at all, but to each their own. In GTS as it is, it's very broken, and doesnt have much in the way of justifying it apart from player retention.

Never said I wanted the damn mechanism to continue, I justified it, and offered ways to circumvent it.

Yes, cheat or don't play the game. Much better solution than PD actually fixing the issue.
and in addition it's obviousely cheating the game.

How exactly is using a game mechanic available in the game, cheating? One way or the other, the race will be completed.

I'm not modifying save files and 100% the game like you could do in GT5/6, which by the way is the reason everything is online now. There are no more locally stored saves, everything has to match with their servers.

I'm yet to get a historic Le Mans car that can win that event. I need one, but Ive not won one. Where am I guarenteed to win this car that I need?

~Play the game and earn credits. Eventually you'll afford one.
~Hope you get it in the Daily Mileage prize, which at the start of the game, until two years in, offered more exotic and expensive cars before they tweaked their algorithm.
~Birthday gift
~Online lobby races to earn credits
~Sport Mode races to earn credits
~Autodrive lobby races.

And for the vast majorty of players who don't play online?

I would like to see your source for said majority of players. Unless it's just you?

From the get-go, GTSport was marketed as an eSports title. You could try out the demo for free to see if you liked that angle, and most people did, otherwise the game wouldn't have survived for three years.

GTSport isn't a full fledged Granturimso game. It's a stand-in, a little more unique and fleshed out than a Prologue, but a stand-in nonetheless with its own theme. It has some Granturimso flair like the License, Career Mode, Arcade Mode, Dealership, etc., to make it feel like the older games but that's where it stops.

If you got the game to NOT play it online, that's on you. Online play is the core of the game, and offline play is there for you to relax or have a change of pace.

A LOT of core users skipped the game altogether. I personally didn't get it until a year after its release when it went on sale for $10, the lowest price for a "Granturismo" game that soon after launch, might I add.

Given that PD do read these forums it's important people do say what they do and don't like about the games openly and honestly.

Yes. I, and many other users have pointed this out in the GT7 Wish List thread. You want to voice your opinion on the matter, you do it in that echo chamber and we'll all sit and hope that GT7 turns out to be an amazing game like GT4 was.

For the time being, we'll wait for more news on the game.

Last edited:
Secondly, I personally do not see it as cheating if I'm using a game mechanic that's there. I'm not using rubber bands and going out of my way to set up some credit earning contraption. Nor am I modifying game files and game saves to earn credits.
It's cheating, you're exploiting a game mechinc using it in a manner not originally intended. To quote what you put "You set up a 12 hrs autodrive endurance race overnight with 4 drivers, including yourself. Have 3 of the drivers leave the race once it starts." if that's not an exploit then nothing is. A fact of life mechanic is that is an athlete takes performance enhancing drugs they are increasing the chances of success. They can take those drugs, they may or may not get caught. The difference is that in GT Sport no one is looking out for this. If you must resort to cheating your way to success you may as well hack a save file, especially if what you're doing is leaving your computer unattended for hours on end and not actually playing the game. What the actual heck is that about? This is a bad mechanic but it's ok because you can cheat-but-not-really-IMO and earn Cr without playing the game.

Thirdly, you don't need friends to do it. Simply put Autodrive endurance race in your lobby title and I guarantee you'll have three people join within 2 minutes. You can wait a little more if you want, or you can just go ahead and start it.
Glad to hear that, I was worried I might need friends.

And I agreed and never once denied that...? I offered simple solutions and am still met with the fact that GTS is grindy, following the mechanics from GT5 and GT6.
The solutions don't fix the problem, of course there are loads of ways you can earn Cr in GT Sport, but beside cheating, there's no way to do it so as to be able to afford a 20m Cr car within a time frame that many consider reasonable.

From the get-go I recognize it's a broken system but for a game such as GTS, without some sort of grind mechanism, you would have completed the game within two weeks.
Maybe, maybe not, I don't think many people spend 8 hours a day on a single game. At launch there was very little to do though other than online races.

Most of the core fanbase doesn't care about the eSports angle so they have skipped it altogether. Whatever small playerbase, relatively, there is, PD has to keep them engaged somehow.

Their current mechanic isn't the best but the game has survived for three years now.
It's likely that very few GT fans skipped it judging the sales volumes, it's sold very well and I think a large reason for this is when they fleshed out the single player experience. That's when I took the plunge.

That's exactly what I'm doing because theres no point arguing about a three year old stand-in game at the end of its leash.
Then your wasting your breath, because no one here is arguing that the flaws do't exist in GT Sport and that there is little we can do to fix them, we're arguing that the mechanic is poor (which you agree aobut) and highlighting why it's porr (which you don't dissagree with but you're arguing against) and applying this to GT7 and hoping that GT7 doesn't reapt this mechanic.

Yes we all acknowledge the mechanism itself isn't suitable for all games, in your opinion it shouldn't exist at all, but to each their own. In GTS as it is, it's very broken, and doesnt have much in the way of justifying it apart from player retention.

Never said I wanted the damn mechanism to continue, I justified it, and offered ways to circumvent it.
By cheating.

How exactly is using a game mechanic available in the game, cheating? One way or the other, the race will be completed.
The same way an athelete taking a performance enhancing drug is cheating. It may be within the realm of possability, but it's not the intention of the oversseing authority for atheletes to take those types of drugs. They have tests in place to check and ensure that doesn't happen (though it sometimes still does) whereas no one is checking if you're cheating these autodrive races meaning there is no risk, that's the difference.

I'm not modifying save files and 100% the game like you could do in GT5/6, which by the way is the reason everything is online now. There are no more locally stored saves, everything has to match with their servers.
If you could you might as well as there's zero sense in enjoying a game by not playing it and leaving it on. That's just stupidity. The entire prpose of a game at it's core is to be enjoyable, I enjoy playing GT Sport, I don't enjoy how grindy it is to afford the expensive cars. Doesn't mean I don't enjoy the game overall, but I have no intention of cheating.

~Play the game and earn credits. Eventually you'll afford one.
Eventually, and that's the point, it takes too long.
~Hope you get it in the Daily Mileage prize, which at the start of the game, until two years in, offered more exotic and expensive cars before they tweaked their algorithm.
Random and very low odds.
~Birthday gift
Random and very low odds.
~Online lobby races to earn credits
Takes too long.
~Sport Mode races to earn credits
Takes too long.
~Autodrive lobby races.
Your method = cheating.

I would like to see your source for said majority of players. Unless it's just you?
Correction, my source is actually specifically Sport mode races. 83% of players have done 0 Sport Mode races and an addiitonal 10% (93% in total) have done fewer than 11.

https://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?stat_preset=sport_play_ratio

Of the 13 million players, 93.2% haven't played in the last 7 days.

From the get-go, GTSport was marketed as an eSports title. You could try out the demo for free to see if you liked that angle, and most people did, otherwise the game wouldn't have survived for three years.

GTSport isn't a full fledged Granturimso game. It's a stand-in, a little more unique and fleshed out than a Prologue, but a stand-in nonetheless with its own theme. It has some Granturimso flair like the License, Career Mode, Arcade Mode, Dealership, etc., to make it feel like the older games but that's where it stops.

If you got the game to NOT play it online, that's on you. Online play is the core of the game, and offline play is there for you to relax or have a change of pace.
Agreed on the final point, that is untiil PD added the single player career. On the other point it very much was marketed as a fully fledged Gran Turismo and a game that would expand into something much bigger (which it did) over time via DLC.

A LOT of core users skipped the game altogether. I personally didn't get it until a year after its release when it went on sale for $10, the lowest price for a "Granturismo" game that soon after launch, might I add.
Where's your source that "a LOT of core users" skipped it?

Yes. I, and many other users have pointed this out in the GT7 Wish List thread. You want to voice your opinion on the matter, you do it in that echo chamber and we'll all sit and hope that GT7 turns out to be an amazing game like GT4 was.
You aren't master over what people can and can't discuss. This is a GT7 news and discussion thread and the point that a few of us made is that we would like GT7's in game economy not to reflect the broken one in GT Sport. This would likely have long since passed if you didn't persist in defending it for no apparent reason when you agree that it's broken and also admit that you want it to change in GT7. We aren't discussing ways to cheat to earn Cr in GT Sport or that there different ways to earn Cr, we're highlighting that earning Cr in GT Sport takes too long (as you admit as you agree it's broken) and we don't want that in GT7. Any suggestions myself or others have made to fix it in GT Sport are applicable to how they might be implemented in GT7.

For the time being, we'll wait for more news on the game.
Agreed. On that note, I appreciate you may reply to this as we've gone back and forth for a few posts now, but I'm likely to end my say here. If you do respond it won't be wasted effort I certainly will read it, but for the sake of not continuing on in circles I may not respond.

Last edited:
What the actual is that about?

Then I take it you never played B-Spec on GT5/6. Because that's exactly what you would do in the 12hr and 24hr endurance races. No one sat there and managed every second the race.

It honestly sounds to me like you're upset you didn't know about autodrive races. It's not cheating, and it's not an exploit if the game mechanic is there.

Also your doping athlete analogy holds no water in the context of GTS and its mechanics. You're not doping your account, you're grinding it. Essentially mining the way you would crypto currency.

I assume those miners are exploiting life too, just because they don't do what you do.

Where's your source that "a LOT of core users" skipped it?

-Compare the amount of user activity of the GT5/6 threads when they were at their peak vs that of GTSport. Not a valid/accurate representation as GTP's userbase itself has fallen off in the same time frame.

-Compare the online lobbies of GT5/6 at their peak and that of GTSport. A more representative pool. The drift "scene" in GTS is dead. The drag "scene" in GTS is dead. The online racing "scene" is somewhat there but you would have to have 3rd party engagement such as a forum to acquire the necessary amount of people to form a league.

How do I know this? I've been playing it for a little over two years non stop and was disappointed with the lack of players to begin with, as well as the lack of returning players to the franchise.

I've watched the decline of drifting lobbies and drag racing lobbies first-hand. I can also name the regulars that play each scene if you want. There's not that many, compared to GT5 and GT6.

The drift teams that were once there in GT5/6 aren't in GTS. The only teams that returned were Midnight, DSM, DSDM, and Slaughterhouse.

Of the drag racing teams the only ones that returned were Stupid Fast. The eventually turned to drifting.

I'm sure once GT7 returns the players will too, but of the users that played online, only a handful returned.

I wish had data to show you but I only have my experience.

@Samus asked for other outlets to earn credits. I gave it, and then we entered this merry-go-round because you wouldn't drop the fact that it's not that hard to earn credits in the game as-is.

You lot are dragging it, I just defended my points.

Now that we had some fun drama we go back to waiting for more GT7 news. 👍

Last edited:
What I don't understand about the whole grinding thing is that it was actually worse in GT3 & GT4 compared to titles after. I had to win and sell a Toyota RSC Rally Raid Car like 14 times (28 races at the same circuit albeit half reversed) just to be able to buy one LeMans Prototype (a Pescarolo in my case). GT4 was great and all, but people shouldn't be blinded by nostalgia regarding such matters.

But back to GT7...
I am extremely hopeful regarding the Road Atlanta name that was found in the code a while ago. I actually thought that we might've seen Road Atlanta debut at one of the live events ever since they announced the Michelin partnership, as well as having the representative specifically from Michelin America present. Don't 100% me on this but I heard somewhere many months ago that Polyphony were scanning/photographing some DPi's and GTE/LM's. Those would be fantastic additions to go with the new American tracks like Daytona & Road Atlanta. Could even be really fun at Trial Mountain too if I ever ran an IMSA-inspired league.

Last edited:
I am extremely hopeful regarding the Road Atlanta name that was found in the code a while ago. I actually thought that we might've seen Road Atlanta debut at one of the live events ever since they announced the Michelin partnership, as well as having the representative specifically from Michelin America present. Don't 100% me on this but I heard somewhere many months ago that Polyphony were scanning/photographing some DPi's and GTE/LM's. Those would be fantastic additions to go with the new American tracks like Daytona & Road Atlanta. Could even be really fun at Trial Mountain too if I ever ran an IMSA-inspired league.

Honestly GTE and LMs would be a breath of fresh air. I hope they add more IMSA tracks too! Maybe even something like the Pirelli World Challenge so we can have some Canadian tracks in Granturismo, like the Canadian Tire Motorsports Park.

The only Canadian presence we've had in GT was HPA Motorsports:

latest

Last edited:
What I don't understand about the whole grinding thing is that it was actually worse in GT3 & GT4 compared to titles after. I had to win and sell a Toyota RSC Rally Raid Car like 14 times (28 races at the same circuit albeit half reversed) just to be able to buy one LeMans Prototype (a Pescarolo in my case). GT4 was great and all, but people shouldn't be blinded by nostalgia regarding such matters.
Yeah, I have to disagree with this whole post. They were NOT in anyway worse than in GT Sport. Grinding the Capri Rally race 14 times for the RSC Rally Raid Car was still less mind-numbing and time consuming than spending countless hours grinding til 20 million credits to buy a Ferrari P4 or Ford Mark IV race car.

Not to mention the other methods out there that were actually more effective towards grinding anyway such as winning the CLK LM Race Car in the DTM Championship for instance. You can just use B-Spec mode and speed up the events 3x to gather enough money for a LMP within a couple of hours.

You can just use B-Spec mode and speed up the events 3x to gather enough money for a LMP within a couple of hours.

Exactly. Even though A-spec and B-spec were different entities with their own experience levels, you still dumped the credits into the collective piggy bank.

I'm honestly looking forward to GT7 with their gift feature. That means pink slips racing in drag lobbies is back!!!

I just hope we get a trailer soon.

Last edited:
Exactly. Even though A-spec and B-spec were different entities with their own experience levels, you still dumped the credits into the collective piggy bank.

I'm honestly looking forward to GT7 with their gift feature. That means pink slips racing in drag lobbies is back!!!

I just hope we get a trailer soon.
I hope too!

asked for other outlets to earn credits. I gave it, and then we entered this merry-go-round because you wouldn't drop the fact that it's not that hard to earn credits in the game as-is.

You gave an exploitive method which requires willing participants and leaving your console on all night. It's not an intended method within the game by PD. It therefore doesn't negate my initial point, the game doesn't have realistic legitimate credit earning methods to match the realistic priced cars, and I certainly hope GT7 changes that. Grinding and exploitive methods should not be something anyone has to even consider, let alone carry out.

Yeah, I have to disagree with this whole post. They were NOT in anyway worse than in GT Sport. Grinding the Capri Rally race 14 times for the RSC Rally Raid Car was still less mind-numbing and time consuming than spending countless hours grinding til 20 million credits to buy a Ferrari P4 or Ford Mark IV race car.

Not to mention the other methods out there that were actually more effective towards grinding anyway such as winning the CLK LM Race Car in the DTM Championship for instance. You can just use B-Spec mode and speed up the events 3x to gather enough money for a LMP within a couple of hours.
My point was making reference to what it takes to buy a car of an equivalent level. GT4 didn't even have any of the really old LeMans cars like the Ferrari 330 P4 so it becomes impossible to use that or any of the other 20 million cars as an example for comparison. For modern LeMans prototypes though, they went from 4.5 million in GT4 to 2 million in GT5&6, to 1 million in GT Sport.

And as much as I love B-Spec mode and think it would be great to return, isn't using it and speeding it up to 3x on the get-rich-quick events the definition of grinding? You're not even really doing anything in the game by that point given you have a better car than the other A.I. You could even be AFK and making money.

Last edited:
My point was making reference to what it takes to buy a car of an equivalent level. GT4 didn't even have any of the really old LeMans cars like the Ferrari 330 P4 so it becomes impossible to use that or any of the other 20 million cars as an example for comparison. For modern LeMans prototypes though, they went from 4.5 million in GT4 to 2 million in GT5&6, to 1 million in GT Sport.
Nonetheless, that's part of the economy - pricing vs. reward.

In terms of credits/hr for the most efficient, repeatable way of gaining credits - and right now - GT Sport is actually the second highest-paying game in the series - behind GT6 only. In terms of games when they were live, it's behind GT5 also but only after GT5 had several updates (this also applies to GT Sport unless you include solutions - including cheats - that have been patched out), and only when you include high-paying seasonal challenge events.

Of course GT5 is now more-or-less in its original state because the servers are off - as they are with GT6 (taking out the login bonus), so as the games stand GTS is #2... though when its servers go off, making any money at all will be impossible because you won't be able to save the game any more.

The heirarchy is, very roughly:
1 - GT6 (3.55m/hr)*
2 - GT Sport (2.04m/hr)
3 - GT4 (1.69m/hr)
4 - GT2 (1.35m/hr)
5 - GT5 (0.87m/hr)*
6= GT1/GT3 (0.5m/hr)

Note that I'm not including the Hamilton DLC, as it's not in the base game, isn't repeatable, and has a pretty serious skill wall in addition to the pay wall...

However the game economy isn't just what it pays you, but what you spend it on, and that kills GTS - though not quite as hard as GT5 in its current state (again, it was better when the servers were up, as was GT6).

To earn a single one of the game's most expensive cars takes very roughly 9.9 hours of game time. Certainly you can do it AFK in twice the time if you wish, but the most efficient way in credits per hour is 9.9 hours to earn the 20m needed to buy one of the cars. Flicking back to GTS's launch, the most expensive car was only just over 3m, but since you were essentially limited to earning credits from the solo challenges (licence, mission, circuit experience) it still took around 5 hours and you couldn't repeat that feat; winning enough for that one 3m car from online races alone would take roughly 24 hours (again, disregarding mechanisms that were patched out, like the Nurburgring pit lane cheat).

In fact to reach the stage where it takes 9.9hr to earn the car in GTS takes 15hr because you have to unlock the high-payout races

1 - GT1 (1hr)
2 - GT2 (1.5hr)
3 - GT4 (2.66hr)
4 - GT6 (5.8hr)*
5 - GT3 (7.5hr)
6 - GTS (9.9hr)
7 - GT5 (23.25hr)*

Though again note that GT5 was far less bad, and GT6 even better, when the servers were active. I'd estimate GTS to be roughly even with GTS, but also note that there were fewer high value cars, more cars in general, and some cars locked behind a potentially never-ending sequence (until the Online Car Dealership arrived).

And, just because I'm awful, here's the number of times you need to repeat the most efficient method possible in your quest:

1 - GT1 - 1
2 - GT2 - 2
3 - GT3 - 5
4 - GT4 - 16
5 - GT6 - 18*
6 - GT5 - 63*
7 - GTS - 84

Some like to point to the fact that all the other games have vehicle tuning, which also needs money, but GTS doesn't. Yep, definitely, but in the time taken to get one of the most expensive cars in GTS, you can buy all six of them in GT1 and have enough money left to buy all the tyres for all of them and fully tune four other cars.

I haven't actually sat down and calculated how long it would take to earn every car in all the games - there's too many variables, what with guaranteed prize cars, variable prize cars, and large used car lists - but I strongly suspect GTS will be very far down the list too; GT2, GT4, GT5, and GT6 have more cars, but a lot of cheap ones, while GTS's smaller car list comes in at 271m - over 80k per car. I'd need to actually dig through my data to say for sure.

Ultimately this all plonks GTS last in terms of the time required and number of repeats needed to buy the vehicles you want even ignoring how much quicker GT5 and GT6 were while still online. It's the grindiest GT game... ever.

What's interesting though is when you remember how the first six GT games are ranked in retrospectives - even including our own.

GT3 and GT4 are consistently first and second (either in the right order or with GT4 first). While not objectively quick to pay out (and GT3 is joint last in terms of raw money per minute), they're firmly in the series average for repeat races (GT3) or time taken (GT4). GT1 and GT2 usually sit in the middle of the rankings (and yes, there's some nostalgia goggles and significance attached to them), and they pay out the least but also require the least time and fewest repeats. GT5 and GT6 pay the most (though GT5 is pretty slow in its current state) but take the most repeats, even if GT6 was about average in time taken, and are usually ranked last.

It would seem that game ranking correlates strongly to taking some time and some repeats to earn high value cars, but not too much or too little time, and not too many repeats. That 5-16 repeats, 3-7hr time window seems to be a sweet spot; that suggests a target for GT7 to pay out enough in the most efficient method (or several, ideally) to earn the highest value car in five-ish repeats and five-ish hours.

Also, to make them all available in Arcade Mode, because regular, non-GT people want to buy the game and drive the cars on the box, not churn through 20hr of driving to get to the point of earning them every five hours.

Nonetheless, that's part of the economy - pricing vs. reward.

In terms of credits/hr for the most efficient, repeatable way of gaining credits - and right now - GT Sport is actually the second highest-paying game in the series - behind GT6 only. In terms of games when they were live, it's behind GT5 also but only after GT5 had several updates (this also applies to GT Sport unless you include solutions - including cheats - that have been patched out), and only when you include high-paying seasonal challenge events.

1 - GT6 (3.55m/hr)*
2 - GT Sport (2.04m/hr)
3 - GT4 (1.69m/hr)
4 - GT2 (1.35m/hr)
5 - GT5 (0.87m/hr)*
6= GT1/GT3 (0.5m/hr)

How does the currency/credit actual value compare between the series? There must be certain cars that have appeared in each of the games. How has their value fluctuated over the time period and how does that impact the credit/hr scale?

ie if a Mazda NA MX-5 was say... (and i haven't checked this in any way) 25,000 credits in GT1 but is now 15,000 in GTS, wouldn't this impact the true value of these credit/hr rates?

How does the currency/credit actual value compare between the series? There must be certain cars that have appeared in each of the games. How has their value fluctuated over the time period and how does that impact the credit/hr scale?

ie if a Mazda NA MX-5 was say... (and i haven't checked this in any way) 25,000 credits in GT1 but is now 15,000 in GTS, wouldn't this impact the true value of these credit/hr rates?
GTPEDIA could tell you :D

There's a few cars that are in several games, and for new cars the values remain pretty stable.
GT1 - Eunos Roadster (NA), 17,400cr
GT2 - No new NA
GT3 - MX-5/Miata/Eunos Roadster '89, 16,900cr
GT4 - No new NA
GT5 - Eunos Roadster (NA Special Package) '89, 17,000cr
GT6 - Eunos Roadster (NA Special Package) '89, 17,000cr
GTS - Mazda Eunos Roadster (NA Special Package) 1989, 17,000cr

The best-known one is the R32 GT-R:
GT1 - No new R32
GT2 - No new R32
GT3 - Skyline R32 GT-R V-Spec II, 52,600cr
GT4 - No new R32
GT5 - Skyline (R32) GT-R V-Spec II '94, 52,900cr
GT6 - Skyline (R32) GT-R V-Spec II '94, 52,900cr
GTS - Nissan Skyline GT-R V-spec II (R32) 1994, 52,900cr

It gets a bit more wild with some of the race cars though.

It gets a bit more wild with some of the race cars though.
Just a tad, the Chaparral 2J (IIRC) jumped from 1.2m in GT4 5o 15m in GT5 and then dropped in price a bit to 4.5m in GT6. Other race cars have jumped up and down too.

The Ford GT40 Race Car was only ever a prize car up until GT5 & GT PSP, it was 2m in GT PSP but 20m in GT5 and GT6 and isn't in GT Sport.

The Corba Daytona Coupe likewise was 1m in GT2, 4.5m in GT6 and 15m in GT Sport.

Some of the race car prices move about more than Dominic Cummings in a national lockdown.

Last edited:
Just a tad, the Chaparral 2J (IIRC) jumped from 1.2m in GT4 5o 15m in GT5 and then dropped in price a bit to 4.5m in GT Sport. Other race cars have jumped up and down too.

The Ford GT40 Race Car was only ever a prize car up until GT5 & GT PSP, it was 2m in GT PSP but 20m in GT5 and GT6 and isn't in GT Sport.

The Corba Daytona Coupe likewise was 1m in GT2 4.5m in GT6 and 15m in GT Sport.

Some of the race car prices move about more than Dominic Cummings in a national lockdown.
The 2J isn't in GTS, so you're likely meant something else.

Doesn't matter, they're proof that the economy in GT Sport is worse. You can't even sell prize cars for money in GT Sport. Another problem I have to point out with GT Sport is that not everyone is guaranteed to be able to constantly earn the same amount of money from the race. I am not always capable of earning 375,000 credits from that same Blue Moon Bay race in my GT40 when I can easily slip up and spin out or some AI car decides to hit me.

And as much as I love B-Spec mode and think it would be great to return, isn't using it and speeding it up to 3x on the get-rich-quick events the definition of grinding? You're not even really doing anything in the game by that point given you have a better car than the other A.I. You could even be AFK and making money.
That's exactly my point though, GT4 is less of an annoying grind than GT Sport by the fact you don't have to pick up the controller and earn money. I can be doing things around my house while the A.I. does all the work. I don't have that option in GT Sport, which makes it imo worse!

I never said GT4 was NOT a grind, I was arguing it was less annoying of a grind than GT Sport.

GT4 is less of an annoying grind than GT Sport by the fact you don't have to pick up the controller and earn money. I can be doing things around my house while the A.I. does all the work. I don't have that option in GT Sport, which makes it imo worse!

I never said GT4 was NOT a grind, I was arguing it was less annoying of a grind than GT Sport.
I acknowledge that it's easier in that sense, especially for people that don't have much free time for it. But it could be said that it shows that it's not enjoyable when you spend more time not playing the game than playing it. People choosing to AFK grind instead of earn the credits themselves might actually be part of a reason as to why we haven't seen B-Spec in GT Sport, as the developers would want the players to be more engaged in the experience.

The thing that I think has helped me more regarding this in GT Sports case is actually the increased variety of decently paying out events, meaning you don't have to stick to one or two things. The reasons for the DTM championship & Capri Rally events being highlighted for GT4 isn't because of the money from the event itself, but the money that you could sell the prize cars for. Generally speaking the prize money directly from events used to be a lot lower (1,000cr for 1st in Sunday Cup back on GT3 (thanks for the correction Famine)).

A point that I definitely agree with you on is they should bring back the ability to sell prize cars. I can see why the developers might not want people to get a 330 P4 on a daily workout by chance, sell it, and then be able to buy 12 Le Mans Prototypes on day 1, but that's more of a daily workout issue. To be honest I don't actually like the way that a daily workout is a roulette that give you anything at random. The same amount of distance can get you a Fiat 500 or a Jaguar XJ13. It sort of reminds me a bit of how what you get in a Fifa pack is completely random. On the other side, at least the Daily Workout doesn't cost money or credits unlike Fifa. Perhaps there could be a different kind of reward from completing the daily workout. Perhaps a credit booster system e.g.

20 miles = 1.2x credits
40 miles = 1.4x credits
60 miles = 1.6x credits
80 miles = 1.8x credits
100 miles = 2x credits (max boost)

Or something to that effect. Like the old log-in bonus back on GT5, but you have to do more than just log in. That way it becomes less about being lucky with a roulette and more about playing the game.

Last edited:
Trailer breakdown of GT7's reveal.

Assuming it works the same way it did in GT6. I don't see why it would be any different considering that Kaz has stated he wants GT7 to embrace its roots. We'll see if they change anything.
So the answers to my two questions are yes and no.

On the other side, at least the Daily Workout doesn't cost money or credits unlike Fifa.

Which is why they can get away with it. It isn't gambling even though it employs the same tactics to boost player retention.

Perhaps there could be a different kind of reward from completing the daily workout. Perhaps a credit booster system e.g.

Get rid of the roulette system altogether and just reveal the car through a drive-out, the equivalent to FIFA's walk out.

Credit boosters would be a weird mechanic to implement to a Granturimso game. It would be akin to Forza's Forza Edition cars that have certain boosters. I personally don't see it fitting to GT's theme/history of "simulation"

So the answers to my two questions are yes and no.

The answer to a how isn't a yes or no.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back