Where is this taken from? GT7 has been promoted as PS5 exclusive up until now, so I'm gonna take this with a grain of salt.
Don't like the idea of cross gen one bit, they really should focus on squeezing the PS5.
If this is true, thats realy sad. Back in the old days a new console generation had a big
visible improvement over the last generation. With this politic SONY acting a little bit like Microsoft. The big diferences between the console generations are getting more washed out. The true question for the most cassual gamers will be: why nextgen?
Yes it seems so. When even the big god of war comes to the PS4, i wonder, what title will be left as a PS5 Exclusive? At the end all games are gross gen. The only consolation for me as a VR Enthusiast is, that GT7 seems to get a full VR support for the new PSVR2 Headset.It was all BS marketing from Sony. They knew these games would be cross-gen from the start but tried to hide it to hype up the ps5 as if it would have these amazing exclusives coming out soon that take advantage of the hardware.
To adress these points, the PS5 shortage is a matter of demand exceeds supply, there isn't an actual shortage in the sense many people think there is as more PS5's have sold to date than PS4's sold in the respective period after launch.I don't think this was a "gotcha" marketing swindle from the beginning. Not sure if this has been explained/speculated before, but I do believe that Sony hit the panic button at the last moment because:
- Sony does see PS5 shortage will continue for quite a while (as they've admitted)
- Sony does see the mountain of scalped units as a real threat because there's no actual owner who will purchase games, accessories, gift cards, and subscriptions where they make their money, they've already hemorrhaged money on the manufacturing of the system itself
- Sony does see games sales at risk of tanking because of all this
- Sony doesn't want to release these AAA games that have been in development for years only to come out to terrible day 1 and week 1 and month 1 sales which also doubles as terrible PR in this heated console war
- Sony also needs to make as much money back as much as possible because of the huge development costs this generation, which means they have to pimp out their games to PC as they have been doing
there isn't an actual shortage in the sense many people think there is
Well I certainly can't speak for individual regions, but globally there has not been a shortage in the sense that they can't manufacture a high volume, the shortage is because demand is higher than it was for the PS4. If South African retailers are unable to obtain any/a decent number there may be specific factors at play there but I could only speculate.Tell that to all the South African retailers. Besides the couple hundred launch units that got sold out in a matter of minutes, no word on when the next PS5/XSX shipments will arrive here due to international shortages, six plus months down the line. But XSS is available widely, though.