Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 38,588 comments
Dynamic weather/time of day can be extra eye candy even for shorter races, if you set it to fast speed. Just look at Driveclub.

Anyway, yes, the cross gen thing sucks, but it's not that big of a deal to me. Sure, we may be stuck with static weather/ToD for a while longer, but as long as the graphics still look as good as Sport's (with ray tracing as a bonus), the menus and presentation are still classy as hell, the track list is still good, and I get a big meaty enough campaign out of it, then it's all good. Plus a certain... composer's music, but you guys already knew that from my post history. lol

So can anyone tell me what the big deal about dynamic weather in a racing game is? I get it for super long races.

And out of curiosity, how popular are the long races in campaign mode? If the AI was actually competitive, then I could see it being a lot of fun. But with AI in its current state, I'm sure that are not all that popular. Heck, a lot of the daily race C's and FIA events end up with 1/3 of the field (on the low end) just quitting. I don't see a whole lot more interest in online races longer than that 25-30 minute mark. IMO, for dynamic weather to actually be useful (you start a race...it starts raining...you go pit for rain tires...it stops raining....the race line slowly dries out enough to change back to normal tires....you go back in and pit for different tires....so on and so forth), we're talking a race that would have to be at least 45 minutes for dynamic weather to be worth the implementation. With GT sport completely online....both campaign and online racing....PD can see the metrics of how many people do what kind of races. And I'm almost positive the most popular campaign and online races are 10-15 minutes in length.

To the layman, that doesn't seem worth it :boggled:

I think the 24 mins of Le Mans/Ring were reasonably popular for their changing conditions.... sun rain then wet track then back. Just showcases power of the CELL and the need to change driving behaviour.

It adds an element of challenge.

I thought PD pushed the limits with GTS on the PS4.
Now they are ''able'' to produce GT7(which will have more content) on the PS4 ????
...strange.

I don’t think we’ll see those omissions. Based on what is known so far, this decision has been made fairly recently, and even then, we already know Kaz and PD have been working on GT7 for years. If any work is mitigated because of Sony’s decision, we can at least hope that most of the important stuff has been taken care of.

I think ps5 will keep these new features, ps4 version could have most of these features as well but only with less graphics, 1080p 60 fps, no ray tracing and no 4K and no full VR support due to limitations. But the rest seems doable for both consoles. Physics and AI wise gt sport wasn't that good and ps4 hardware can definitely do better than what they did in these fields, ACC on PS4 showed that physics can be much better on ps4

Now they are ''able'' to produce GT7(which will have more content) on the PS4 ????
...strange.

if they manage to make better physics, AI, dynamic weather and time then would be amazing for ps4 standards

Last edited by a moderator:
I think ps5 will keep these new features, ps4 version could have most of these features as well but only with less graphics, 1080p 60 fps, no ray tracing and no 4K and no full VR support due to limitations. But the rest seems doable for both consoles. Physics and AI wise gt sport wasn't that good and ps4 hardware can definitely do better than what they did in these fields, ACC on PS4 showed that physics can be much better on ps4

if they manage to make better physics, AI, dynamic weather and time then would be amazing for ps4 standards

PS4 GTSport already runs at 1080p 60fps, static time of day, static weather with simple wet physics, poor ai, etc. ACC on PS4 runs at 30fps. ACC has a considerable amount of room to do more considering it runs at half the framerate.

Last edited:

We are highly unlikely to see actual functionality vary between game versions, so yes we will likely get better graphics, higher resultions and better effects in the PS5 version, but realistically you won't see the PS5 version use dynamic lighting and the PS4version use static prebaked lighting. The two are completely different techniques and would lead to a disparty between the titles.

The only time I recall a cross-gen game noving notably different functionally between generations was Forza Horizon 2, but that was beucase in actual fact they were two completley different games developed by two different studios, it wasn't a cross-gen game at it's core at all.

Last edited:
We are highly unlikely to see actual functionality vary between game versions, so yes we will likely get better graphics, higher resultions and better effects in the PS5 version, but realistically you won't see the PS5 version use dynamic lighting and the PS4version use static prebaked lighting. The two are completely different techniques and would lead to a disparty between the titles.

The only time I recall a cross-gen game noving notably different functionally between generations was Forza Horizon 2, but that was beucase in actual fact they were two completley different games developed by two different studios, it wasn't a cross-gen game at it's core at all.

The only other racing titles I can recall doing that are the PS2 versions of NASCAR 08 and 09, which were developed by Exient but still released as an EA sports title, and were totally different from the PS3/XB360 versions.

Last edited:
Since this in effect is now Gt Sport +(or ++) can I expect north of 800 cars now or is that still dreaming a little?

Since this in effect is now Gt Sport +(or ++) can I expect north of 800 cars now or is that still dreaming a little?
Well, GTS released with 162 cars. After three and a half years, on July 8th, we'll have 339 cars.

Depending on how many cars were outsourced, I'd safely guesstimate another 160-170 additional cars, to the GTS car list, at GT7 launch.

Well, GTS released with 162 cars. After three and a half years, on July 8th, we'll have 339 cars.

Depending on how many cars were outsourced, I'd safely guesstimate another 160-170 additional cars, to the GTS car list, at GT7 launch.
Fair enough,we all have dreams,i didn't necessarily mean 800 stand alone models though,with various GTRs MX5's etc could build up.

Fair enough,we all have dreams,i didn't necessarily mean 800 stand alone models though,with various GTRs MX5's etc could build up.
Yeah, PD threw us for a loop when we didn't get every variation of respective Skyline and MX-5 special editions.

The different year Toyota 86s, might just be brand specific. May be due to whatever partnerships PD have for GT7. Getting each generation of Corvette, Supra, 911, etc, may be the next thing PD do. That definitely ramps up the car list without duplicates.

The only other racing titles I can recall doing that are the PS2 versions of NASCAR 08 and 09, which were developed by Exient but still released as an EA sports title, and were totally different from the PS3/XB360 versions.
Because that one was based on NASCAR 07 code. (For instance, the PS1 version of Thunder 2002-2004 is based on NASCAR 2001 code).

This popped up during the 24h race live stream.

Why I'm posting this? It might be a feature that we could see in GT7. I still remember the 2013 24h race, when they showed how to drive a certain part of the track and sneakily used the then upcoming GT6 for it (the cars used in that video were the original Schulze Motorsport GT-R and the Bilstein R8 LMS).

Of course, I'm taking it with a rather big pinch of salt.

Last edited:
PS4 GTSport already runs at 1080p 60fps, static time of day, static weather with simple wet physics, poor ai, etc. ACC on PS4 runs at 30fps. ACC has a considerable amount of room to do more considering it runs at half the framerate.
60 FPS on pro.

...strange.

Content is nothing to do with the machine.... Unless it has a storage issue.

60 FPS on pro.

ACC actually runs mostly around low 40fps, sometimes in 50fps or 35fps in 20-car races on PS4 Pro even after the resolution downgrade patch. The game is heavily CPU-bound, the PS4pro cpu is not that much better than base ps4.

Also the Pro version doesn't matter, it's like saying the game runs at 60fps on PS5. The GT game and its features still has to be designed to run at a stable 60fps on base ps4 for cross-play esport competition.

This isn't much, but Daiki Kasho tweeted this just a few hours ago. If nothing else, at least he's still continuing to compose for GT7 (and/or possibly other stuff, but I doubt it since he works at PD now).

(Google Translated) "I was able to record with an engineer who was shocked by the wonderful sound of the recording I visited over 15 years ago! !! It was an opportunity to feel so much that I couldn't understand the excitement of being able to work together for a long time and the importance of continuing to take on challenges forever."

This isn't much, but Daiki Kasho tweeted this just a few hours ago. If nothing else, at least he's still continuing to compose for GT7 (and/or possibly other stuff, but I doubt it since he works at PD now).

(Google Translated) "I was able to record with an engineer who was shocked by the wonderful sound of the recording I visited over 15 years ago! !! It was an opportunity to feel so much that I couldn't understand the excitement of being able to work together for a long time and the importance of continuing to take on challenges forever."

Daiki Kasho deserves a musical award!

Summer Games Fest 2021 kicking off shortly. Sony are confirmed as partners this year. I wonder if GT7 will make an appearance :dopey:

Probably a very long shot, but we'll see :)

Summer Games Fest 2021 kicking off shortly. Sony are confirmed as partners this year. I wonder if GT7 will make an appearance :dopey:

Probably a very long shot, but we'll see :)

I am watching instead of playing tennis but I don't expect anything. I seem to remember last year's being a showcase for indy games few people cared about.

I am watching instead of playing tennis but I don't expect anything. I seem to remember last year's being a showcase for indy games few people cared about.

Yeah last year was lackluster if I remember correctly. But keeping this on the telly at least in case something exciting is shown, GT7 or others.

I think you might have got more out of playing tennis tbh... watching was a struggle for me personally.

Except for when a man climbed in a cardboard box.

I think you might have got more out of playing tennis tbh... watching was a struggle for me personally.

Except for when a man climbed in a cardboard box.
I thought it was gonna be a metal gear crossover. Yeah, it was a waste. I guess i get geek points for having watched the elden ring trailer live.

...I don't think you should expect world premieres of any of Sony's stuff out of Geoff Keighley's shows (or Xbox for that matter). His shows seem to be mostly focusing on third party and indie stuff, with an exception or two. If you want to see nothing but first party stuff, then Sony's own events will do that.

Think the Death Stranding PS5 reveal indirectly confirmed one in a few weeks, though, but don't quote me on that.

YAYYY! :gtpflag:

yay.png

There was a article from 2019, where he made new tracks for Polyphony near Hollywood.
…Before Olympian final, I now don’t except anything new. They won’t get away the focus away from here. If you read Kaz Twitter posts, everything actually moves about Olympian.

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong but there will only be a replay days later and no livestream/liveshow? Not surprising no one cares. Live is a important point for sports especially e-sports...

so majority of these like dynamic weather are quite possible for the ps4 if they push every bit of it's perfomance? I think ps5 version will definitely have these enhancements, if not both versions

Last edited:
Back