Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 38,594 comments
so majority of these like dynamic weather are quite possible for the ps4 if they push every bit of it's perfomance? I think ps5 version will definitely have these enhancements, if not both versions
Not with HDR and at 60fps, you have a finite amount of resouces to work with, CPU power, GPU, RAM, Read/Write speeds etc. Everything you do creates a load on something, so once you reach an optimum load, which is where you are consistently getting high performance from the computer without it bottlenecking, if you want to go any further in one area you typically have to take something away elsewhere.

For example, PD may have been able to have included dynamic lighting in GT Sport, but to do so they may have had to be ok with the game running at 30fps without HDR for example. It's a design choice and it depends what the developers are choosing to prioritise.

You can't have everything, and the weaker the console the less overall that you can have. So for PS5 for example, dynamic lighting and weather at 60fps at 4k may be possible. But it's certainly not oin PS4. So while things like dynamic weather etc. are possible on PS4, it's at the expense of something else. And if that something else is more important to the developer than dynamic weather then they will choose that something else.

You also have to consider the legal landmine of simultaniously releasing two products with the same name but with different featuress worldwide. It'd likely cause a lot of problems for Sony not just legally but also from a customer relationship standpoint.

The isseu with a cross-gen game is that if they can't do it on the PS4 version, we are highly unlikely to see it in the PS5 version. So if they continue to prioritise the 1080p native resolution and 60fps on the PS4 version of GT7, then we are unlikely to see dynamic time of day and weather on the PS5 version becuase the PS4 version won't have it.

The same goes for advances in the physcis engine, while the PS5 version could run at a higher refresh rate, it would likely be limited to the same number of variables as a PS4 version, and also if cross-play is planned/intended we might not even get a higher refresh rate on the PS5 version because that would be unfair on the PS4 players.

In short, it's a very complex issue.

Last edited:
@Jordan and @Famine Can I get a gtpanet notification when the game is available? Going back to sleep.
tenor (1).gif

Last edited:
Gran Turismo 7: The Ultimate Gran Turismo Game, never. It'll clearly be disappointing, and I knew that it'll be disappointing back in late 2017. Even back then, it was easy to see that Polyphony won't put GT back in its prime anytime soon, and they probably don't even care about the series anymore (if they ever cared about it in the first place).

There is a chance that Gran Turismo 7 will be released (though knowing PD, it'll be delayed to like 2024 perhaps), but we need to not get our expectations way too high or else we'll be crucially disappointed as always.

Either way, here's hoping that I'm wrong and that Gran Turismo 7 turns out to be a masterpiece as Kaz originally intended after all, but I won't put any bets, especially due to both the financial issues caused by this pandemic and Polyphony's OOC silence.

Gran Turismo 7: The Ultimate Gran Turismo Game, never. It'll clearly be disappointing, and I knew that it'll be disappointing back in late 2017. Even back then, it was easy to see that Polyphony won't put GT back in its prime anytime soon, and they probably don't even care about the series anymore (if they ever cared about it in the first place).

There is a chance that Gran Turismo 7 will be released (though knowing PD, it'll be delayed to like 2024 perhaps), but we need to not get our expectations way too high or else we'll be crucially disappointed as always.

Either way, here's hoping that I'm wrong and that Gran Turismo 7 turns out to be a masterpiece as Kaz originally intended after all, but I won't put any bets, especially due to both the financial issues caused by this pandemic and Polyphony's OOC silence.

I don't totally agree with this idea. I think they absolutely are doing their best to create a flagship title, but they needed to work out a lot of the kinks, while providing a viable competitive service while they're at it. FIA championships were very necessary in the development cycle and even better for GT marketing, but unfortunately they made a lot of other timelines suffer. I'm sure GT Sport was just supposed to be a placeholder and a test bed for online competition for a short amount of time, but between it's utilization for those competitions and further development of GT7, and then with PS5 on the horizon, it never ended up that way.

Well, after getting my 400,000Cr from the Olympic Time Trial, the notification reads the reward can be claimed until 18 June 2022 at 02:59 am (UTC). So, we definitely know the game won't debut from now through to that date & time.

While that's a possibility, I don't think there's any deeper meaning behind it besides "you have a year to claim the prize". GT7 and this can coexist; PD isn't going to straight up abandon GTS as soon as GT7 releases. After all, GT6 still had seasonals coming out until its servers shut down a few months after GTS's release. And GTS being available on the PS4 and PS5 will increase its longitivity even more.

Last edited:
While that's a possibility, I don't think there's any deeper meaning behind it besides "you have a year to claim the prize". GT7 and this can coexist; PD isn't going to straight up abandon GTS as soon as GT7 releases. After all, GT6 still had seasonals coming out until its servers shut down a few months after GTS's release. And GTS being available on the PS4 and PS5 will increase its longitivity even more.
I've already abandoned it so I don't care what they do.

Last edited:
"This showcase will not include updates on the next God of War, Horizon Forbidden West or the next generation of PlayStation VR."

I like how they don't even bother to mention GT7, that's insane.
It's speak a lot about the GT franchise today... it's not that surprising: Poly lives in its own bubble and GT7 doesn't look amazing like Horizon or I guess the next GOW.

It's speak a lot about the GT franchise today... it's not that surprising: Poly lives in its own bubble and GT7 doesn't look amazing like Horizon or I guess the next GOW.
Its simple, GoW was Part of the Leaks With New Trailer, and Horizon West is the furter first party blockbuster Release. So they have to take out the pressure. GT7 wasnt explizite mentioned from leakers. Of Course, this make think the standing from GT7 nearly to unnessesary.

Its simple, GoW was Part of the Leaks With New Trailer, and Horizon West is the furter first party blockbuster Release. So they have to take out the pressure. GT7 wasnt explizite mentioned from leakers. Of Course, this make think the standing from GT7 nearly to unnessesary.
Sorry, where are the leaks please ?

Last edited:
Why are we soo desperate for new information? The game is AT LEAST one year away and there's no way Sony will give us more at this point in time. Stop hoping for a new trailer, we'll get it when we get it. "Oh but they released a trailer over a year ago so they have to follow it up! Why don't PD care about us? Why is Kaz living in a bubble? He's stuck in the 90's". Look I've had a go a Kaz too but I feel as though the anger is misguided and that's what grinds my gears about this whole thing. "Oh but Kaz is a serial liar!" Come on. The man has admitted that GT Sport wasn't the best idea and he seems keen to put that behind him and give us a proper GT game again. He has made the first step towards redemption and that's a positive. I know that many people have run out of trust and no longer want to give PD another chance; that's fine but I'm not losing hope or patience. GT means soo much to soo many people and Kaz gets that. Even if he doesn't tell his fanbase everyday. We see the passion in the old games and although it's diminished, the game still has it's distinct flavour. I've fallen out of love with GT Sport but I haven't fallen out of love for GT as a whole. I know PD will come through. They'll have to come through. They need to come through or the series will die out. I don't think Kaz will want that, he's put too much time and effort in.

Last edited:
I'd be willing to bet at least £1.50 the next time we see Gran Turismo 7 is May or June 2022, with a big "re-announcement" as if the first one never even really happened. Release date November 2022.

Bloomberg recently leaked PSVR2 is planned to release holiday of 2022. I imagine GT7 will coincide to launch with it and be a main title to push VR sales.

"One important holdout remains: Sony Group Corp. plans to use Samsung Display Co. OLED panels in its next-generation PlayStation VR goggles, according to people with knowledge of the matter. The Japanese console giant sold more than 5 million units of the original PS VR, launched in 2016, and is aiming to release the successor in the holiday period next year, the people said, asking not to be named discussing internal plans."​

Last edited:
Bloomberg recently leaked PSVR2 is planned to release holiday of 2022. I imagine GT7 will coincide to launch with it and be a main title to push VR sales.

"One important holdout remains: Sony Group Corp. plans to use Samsung Display Co. OLED panels in its next-generation PlayStation VR goggles, according to people with knowledge of the matter. The Japanese console giant sold more than 5 million units of the original PS VR, launched in 2016, and is aiming to release the successor in the holiday period next year, the people said, asking not to be named discussing internal plans."​
I think this is safe to assume and also immensely exciting. GT7 fully playable in VR would make it hard for me to ever take the headset off.

I'd be willing to bet at least £1.50 the next time we see Gran Turismo 7 is May or June 2022, with a big "re-announcement" as if the first one never even really happened. Release date November 2022.
If Sony does a playstation experience in September or at the end of this year there are chances to see a new GT7 trailer in my opinion

Last edited:
Why are we soo desperate for new information? The game is AT LEAST one year away and there's no way Sony will give us more at this point in time. Stop hoping for a new trailer, we'll get it when we get it. "Oh but they released a trailer over a year ago so they have to follow it up! Why don't PD care about us? Why is Kaz living in a bubble? He's stuck in the 90's". Look I've had a go a Kaz too but I feel as though the anger is misguided and that's what grinds my gears about this whole thing. "Oh but Kaz is a serial liar!" Come on. The man has admitted that GT Sport wasn't the best idea and he seems keen to put that behind him and give us a proper GT game again. He has made the first step towards redemption and that's a positive. I know that many people have run out of trust and no longer want to give PD another chance; that's fine but I'm not losing hope or patience. GT means soo much to soo many people and Kaz gets that. Even if he doesn't tell his fanbase everyday. We see the passion in the old games and although it's diminished, the game still has it's distinct flavour. I've fallen out of love with GT Sport but I haven't fallen out of love for GT as a whole. I know PD will come through. They'll have to come through. They need to come through or the series will die out. I don't think Kaz will want that, he's put too much time and effort in.
To be fair, you really can’t blame people for wanting to know what’s going on with GT7 when it’s possibly going to be cross-gen, which obviously will have a major impact on how the game turns out and will determine whether or not we actually need PS5s just to play it. The least Sony can do is clear that up soon.

In case no one has noticed - like sure - Kaz has tweeted about an update on July 30th. Seven silhouettes.

Latest Posts

Back