Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 38,588 comments
This is purely just speculation but maybe the GT7 beta quest was just something to get people searching for GT7 and thus seeing the new visuals showcase video.

It look like real wheel, someone have the leak the wheel on the open public. Look like PD design the wheel itself with the help of fanatec. I think people try take it down the wheel pic too.

Although the box makes the product look much more legitimate, one thing that stands out and bothers me is with the text at the bottom, where it describes "For PS5, PS4" in multiple languages. The Japanese text basically would be written out as "にとってPS5、PS4," which is completely grammatically incorrect and looks like the output of a poorly crafted online translation, and is something I would imagine nobody that understood Japanese would approve.

Although the box makes the product look much more legitimate, one thing that stands out and bothers me is with the text at the bottom, where it describes "For PS5, PS4" in multiple languages. The Japanese text basically would be written out as "にとってPS5、PS4," which is completely grammatically incorrect and looks like the output of a poorly crafted online translation, and is something I would imagine nobody that understood Japanese would approve.
I don't understand japanese but find for example on famitsu site https://www.famitsu.com/news/202105/27221783.html usage of 2020年度はSIEにとってPS4からPS5

snc
I don't understand japanese but find for example on famitsu site https://www.famitsu.com/news/202105/27221783.html usage of 2020年度はSIEにとってPS4からPS5
For context the first part of the sentence in the linked article says, 「2020年度はSIEにとってPS4からPS5への移行期であり...」 translating to "2020 is a transition period from the PS4 to PS5 for SIE..." where "にとって" is used to describe what comes behind it (that being "SIE" and not "PS4"). Not only that, but the Japanese usage of 「〜にとって」 as "for" is not used in this manner, making "にとってPS5, PS4" come across as something an online translator would have spit out, and not by somebody with even a basic understanding of Japanese.

Last edited:
This is purely just speculation but maybe the GT7 beta quest was just something to get people searching for GT7 and thus seeing the new visuals showcase video.
That beta quest test thing was created in February though, just coincidence it was discovered yesterday.

Last edited:
As soon as I saw this during the video, my first reaction was: They really have no shame.

Couldn't PD provide something "a little" more stunning than the worst sequence possible from the only trailer shown to us over a year ago?
It's not really PD making these marketing trailers to be fair. But yeah, I wish they would share more new footages because the people editing these trailers are probably already sick to death using the same scenes over and over.

It's not really PD making these marketing trailers to be fair. But yeah, I wish they would share more new footages because the people editing these trailers are probably already sick to death using the same scenes over and over.
I don't know exactly how it works, but basically I think it's PD that provide material to Sony to make these trailers for marketing purposes. Obviously Sony's marketing team didn't complain.
And as someone who studies marketing and communication, I can say that this shot is totally wrong.
You have to increase the value of your product. That shot does not. Especially since it's accompanied by the headline "Stunning visuals on PS5". I said it in the past but those flat textures still remind me of something I saw on the PS3. The dudes on the side of the road are literally the same we used to see in GT5.

the naked gun facepalm GIF

Last edited:
You better prepare yourselves to be extremely disappointed, because GT7 will remain like that come final version. I would say GT7 IS a lost cause, and is a piece of ****. R.I.P. Gran Turismo franchise...
Calm down. We saw menu sequences that say otherwise (Aston Martin showroom).

Here we're talking about the promotion of the game, which is mostly done with a trailer showing outdoor sequences of the game, and mostly in-engine, certainly not in-game.... on a bland, Made in PD track that does not help show the power of the PS5 and GT7.

Calm down. We saw menu sequences that say otherwise (Aston Martin showroom).

Here we're talking about the promotion of the game, which is mostly done with a trailer showing outdoor sequences of the game, and mostly in-engine, certainly not in-game.... on a bland, Made in PD track that does not help show the power of the PS5 and GT7.
There is a very small chance that GT7 will be impressive for next-gen standards and become the modern equivalent of GT4 when it releases in like what, 2024 or 2025 or so. But I wouldn't bank on it though. It's more likely GT7 will become a disappointing mix of GT Sport and GT6, some way or another.

There is a very small chance that GT7 will be impressive for next-gen standards and become the modern equivalent of GT4 when it releases in like what, 2024 or 2025 or so. But I wouldn't bank on it though. It's more likely GT7 will become a disappointing mix of GT Sport and GT6, some way or another.
It would be suicide. That's not how it's going to go.
But at this stage, they're making wrong decisions only.
EDIT: Except the announced partnership with Fanatec.

Last edited:
lol ;d nah, we will get gt7 2022 with full psvr2 support and with official fanatec direct drive + load cell bundle, better save money couse probably it will be 10/10 game :D

Last edited:
I don't know exactly how it works, but basically I think it's PD that provide material to Sony to make these trailers for marketing purposes. Obviously Sony's marketing team didn't complain.
And as someone who studies marketing and communication, I can say that this shot is totally wrong.
You have to increase the value of your product. That shot does not. Especially since it's accompanied by the headline "Stunning visuals on PS5". I said it in the past but those flat textures still remind me of something I saw on the PS3. The dudes on the side of the road are literally the same we used to see in GT5.

the naked gun facepalm GIF
I know nothing about marketing if I'm being honest. PD has a very distinct style when it comes to their trailers, and this certainly wasn't made by them. I do agree with you though, the "stunning visual on ps5" part while showing unfinished textures was cringey.

Last edited:
It would be suicide. That's not how it's going to go.
But at this stage, they're making wrong decisions only.
EDIT: Except the announced partnership with Fanatec.

Making it cross gen is not a good choice, but I deal with that as long as the PS5 version is not going to be compromised by the 8-9 year old PS4 hardware

I'm still so blown away we know so little about GT7 and Sony is completely blind to the fact that millions of people want to know anything.
They know what they're doing. Better to get your head down and focus on the project at hand to meet internal goals/objectives than to spend effort marketing something that might not meet expectations.

The marketing team would be in full gear about 6 months ahead of release. That's when they know what they're working with and what they can promise to deliver to the consumer base.

snc
lol ;d nah, we will get gt7 2022 with full psvr2 support and with official fanatec direct drive + load cell bundle, better save money couse probably it will be 10/10 game 😁
Yes, that's the only consolation I have with these extras. But as a pure 2D player, I would be quite disappointed.

What I would love: Full fledged GT7 exclusive to PS5 will all the benefits that brings.

What I will accept: A GTSport base at 4k 60fps locked, nice ray tracing with the equivilent finalised polished content of GT4 in detail and quantity.

So i'm not asking for miracles, and would be doubtful that I will be dissapointed, but not surprised if i'm underwhelmed!

Prove me wrong Kaz....(oh please prove me wrong :P)

I like how information gets posted on GT Planet, someone makes a video from it, adding nothing, then the video gets posted back on GTP.
Hehe true but still not everybody read all posts ;)

Last edited:
New video on playstation channel called "Haptic feedback" for some unknown reason has a footage of ratchet and clank rift apart from last year, even though the game came out. So it's safe to assume that it's atleast maybe not PD's fault of no new footage in recent GT7 footage

Back