Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 38,588 comments
I don't know exactly how it works, but basically I think it's PD that provide material to Sony to make these trailers for marketing purposes. Obviously Sony's marketing team didn't complain.
And as someone who studies marketing and communication, I can say that this shot is totally wrong.
You have to increase the value of your product. That shot does not. Especially since it's accompanied by the headline "Stunning visuals on PS5". I said it in the past but those flat textures still remind me of something I saw on the PS3. The dudes on the side of the road are literally the same we used to see in GT5.

the naked gun facepalm GIF
I don't think so

GT6
xuNAlM.jpg

GTS
sVaxrL.jpg

I don't think so

GT6
xuNAlM.jpg

GTS
sVaxrL.jpg

GT5
I was talking about the dude on the side of the road. Not the people in the stands.
All I'm saying is: it is not a good look. It is not a good way to publicize GT7. In fact, that shot is really embarrassing. Same dudes, same low textures. We're talking about visuals from over 10 years.
Of course I know how GT Sport looks. Superior. With all the great visuals they have, they had to choose that. Unbelievable.
Schermata 2021-07-13 alle 21.38.27.png

Schermata 2021-07-13 alle 21.41.16.png

Last edited:

GT5
I was talking about the dude on the side of the road. Not the people in the stands.
All I'm saying is: it is not a good look. It is not a good way to publicize GT7. In fact, that shot is really embarrassing. Same dudes, same low textures. We're talking about visuals from over 10 years.
Of course I know how GT Sport looks. Superior. With all the great visuals they have, they had to choose that. Unbelievable.View attachment 1067318View attachment 1067317

environemnt graphics (2d trees, bushes, textures) is major flaw in gt sport graphcis and I'm not sure there will be big improvement in gt7 in this aspect sadly (tough I would take improvements in this department over ray tracing for sure)

Last edited:
snc
environemnt graphics (2d trees, bushes, textures) is major flaw in gt sport graphcis and I'm not sure there will be big improvement in gt7 in this aspect sadly (tough I would take improvements in this department over ray tracing for sure)
The problem still resides in the PD original tracks (Trial Mountain etc) + fictional tracks on real locations.

Real life tracks are reproduced in detail imo.

Last edited:
The problem still resides in the PD original tracks (Trial Mountain etc) + fictional tracks on real locations.

Real life tracks are reproduced in detail imo.
there are 2d trees at Monza, 2d bushes and low quali textures at Bathurst

GT5
Of course I know how GT Sport looks. Superior. With all the great visuals they have, they had to choose that. Unbelievable.View attachment 1067317
View attachment 1067318

The "dudes" level of detail in GTS is simply perfect, there is no need to waste other resources to upgrade something that is already perfect...

GTS
4s3jj2.png

FM7
3o8kn6.jpg

GT6
gran_turismo_spectatozpjbw.jpg

Moreover these "3D dudes" on PS3 are extremely rare compared to GTS

GT6
084dupd.jpg
GTS
09gnu91.jpg

GT6
30vcitg.jpg

31jic01.jpg

GT6
06vdkoo.jpg

GTS
07gsj17.jpg

To say that there aren't graphical improvements since the PS3 era is simply not true.... and we will see other improvements in GT7

Last edited:
The "dudes" level of detail in GTS is simply perfect, there is no need to waste other resources to upgrade something that is already perfect...

GTS
4s3jj2.png

FM7
3o8kn6.jpg

GT6

GT6
084dupd.jpg
GTS
09gnu91.jpg

GT6
30vcitg.jpg

31jic01.jpg

GT6
06vdkoo.jpg

GTS
07gsj17.jpg

To say that there aren't graphical improvements since the PS3 era is simply not true.
Man you have no idea how many haters this post will trigger 🤣... I mean he was criticizing the 3d models on the side of the road that it's one of these aspects where GT is ahead of other games...i understand who criticizes the low quality trackside vegetation,textures and trees on the GT7 trailer but the crowd cmon...

Last edited:
The "dudes" level of detail in GTS is simply perfect, there is no need to waste other resources to upgrade something that looks already perfect...

GTS
4s3jj2.png

FM7
3o8kn6.jpg

GT6

GT6
084dupd.jpg
GTS
09gnu91.jpg

GT6
30vcitg.jpg

31jic01.jpg

GT6
06vdkoo.jpg

GTS
07gsj17.jpg

To say that there aren't graphical improvements since the PS3 era is simply not true.... and we will see other improvements in GT7
The Camera man's model on Forza 7 looks beautiful! Absolutely groundbreaking!

GTS
4s3jj2.png

FM7
3o8kn6.jpg

GT6

GT6
084dupd.jpg
GTS
09gnu91.jpg

GT6
30vcitg.jpg

31jic01.jpg

GT6
06vdkoo.jpg

GTS
07gsj17.jpg

Stop! Stop! ;)

GTS has better crowd details than most sports game last generation tbh. They also have various animations and they walk around the area.
Yea bro the crowds are alive and give the game a better race atmosphere. I like Also in practice mode there is barely a crowd, but during race day it’s packed.

The only thing notable about that footage is that there's a bit more of it. I say that because I didn't see that 2017 Ford GT before. and a bit more footage of the cars coming down the hill. Welp, I guess that's another confirmed car at least.

With that said, complaining about their use of trailer footage is pointless when they had very little of it. I don't even know how far along they are at in terms of development. They could for all I know be still in the early stages.

Last edited:
snc
lol ;d nah, we will get gt7 2022 with full psvr2 support and with official fanatec direct drive + load cell bundle, better save money couse probably it will be 10/10 game 😁
I wonder if this new technology includes haptic feedback on the wheel.

I never said that. Read my comment again
"Of course I know how GT Sport looks. Superior. With all the great visuals they have, they had to choose that. Unbelievable."

snc
to be honest wouldn't expect it, but its direct drive, will be great (tough question 5nm as standard or 8nm?)
5 nm with the option to upgrade to 8nm is a safe assumption imo. They will do everything to keep cost down and achieve parity with the CSL DD in terms of pricing structure.

I never said that. Read my comment again
"Of course I know how GT Sport looks. Superior. With all the great visuals they have, they had to choose that. Unbelievable."
He has a history of not reading things correctly and going off on a tangent about what he incorrectly assumed.

Either way, I wouldn't be too bothered if they kept up with the same effort that they already put into GTS. Will there be more improvements? Who knows, but a lot of that will depend on if this game is going to be cross gen or not, because if it is, it seems like a waste of resources to focus anymore on that, it might even reason to dumb it down as well.

Last edited:
If there is a PS4 version, will the game be that much different to warrant players buying cars all over again?

Same with data(MiEx, Liveries) transfer. If those GTS liveries can still be used on cars in GT7, what kind of uproar are PD looking at from players?

If there is a PS4 version, will the game be that much different to warrant players buying cars all over again?

Same with data(MiEx, Liveries) transfer. If those GTS liveries can still be used on cars in GT7, what kind of uproar are PD looking at from players?
None. I don't see how or why it would cause any sort of uproar? Would it be nice? Sure, but it's not a make or break kind of thing at all. Especially considering it's never really been a thing at all in the first place. I can understand if every single new game released followed a trend of letting you use any car that you had in prior iterations, but that isn't the case.

Even more so likely that it's not, in my opinion, is the fact that they're going back to a fleshed out career mode. Starting at the top of the pack because you've played a different game a lot doesn't seem like a plausible thing for them.

Last edited:

Yes and I hope PD streamlines that process as much as possible, it'd be a real pain in the ass to reupload ALLL those decals I've created for GTS the past four years over to GT7.

None. I don't see how or why it would cause any sort of uproar? Would it be nice? Sure, but it's not a make or break kind of thing at all. Especially considering it's never really been a thing at all in the first place. I can understand if every single new game released followed a trend of letting you use any car that you had in prior iterations, but that isn't the case.

Even more so likely that it's not, in my opinion, is the fact that they're going back to a fleshed out career mode. Starting at the top of the pack because you've played a different game a lot doesn't seem like a plausible thing for them.
I'm linking it a bit, to the car transfer from PSP and the (limited)credits transfer from GT3 to GT4.
As someone mentioned about the physics being different between a PS4 and PS5 version, GT7 would, essentially, be different games.
If both versions are made, how different would the games be to justify no file sharing? Sure, it's as simple as: it'll never happen, it does not have to happen, there's no reason why PD have to accommodate players in anyway. Just asking the question, in this discussion is all.

Motorsport Games seems to have picked up Indycar as an exclusive partner, similar to how they have done with the ACO (Le Mans), and BTCC.

Anyone else worried that these partnerships may result in exclusivity for iconic tracks like Le Mans (rights owned by ACO) and Indianapolis Motor Speedway (rights owned by Indycar), and from being featured in new games like GT7 due to licensing? Nothing seems be mentioned about track exclusivity, but things like that can always be conveniently left out of press releases to prevent controversy.

Last edited:
Motorsport Games seems to have picked up Indycar as an exclusive partner, similar to how they have done with the ACO (Le Mans), and BTCC.

Anyone else worried that these partnerships may result in exclusivity for iconic tracks like Le Mans (rights owned by ACO) and Indianapolis Motor Speedway (rights owned by Indycar), and from being featured in new games like GT7 due to licensing? Nothing seems be mentioned about track exclusivity, but things like that can always be conveniently left out of press releases to prevent controversy.
Or Pikes Peak ?

When was a track ever exclusive to a game due to licensing issues? And on the other hand there are games without any license but the tracks are still in with different names.

Back