Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 38,925 comments
Your guess is a little higher than, but not far from mine, and I agree, price has absolutely something to do with it (I paid only ~€20 in March, 2018. Money well spent.) Another thing to have in mind is that back when the first GT came out, there wasn't a whole lot of competing titles with a somewhat realistic (or believable) handling model, most racing games were very arcadish, e.g. Ridge Racer with its drift button. That's not the case today.

What I don't understand is why people say they would be content with the same old "career mode" and license tests of the old games. Already by GT3 I was tired of those tests, especially the oval endurance ones - that 30 (or was it sixty?) minutes felt like an eternity back then (now, an hour passes by quickly, lol.)

The online racing is why I liked GTS, it really reignited my interest in racing games. Hot lapping in Assetto Corsa quickly becomes boring, and the Codemasters games leader-boards were full of hackers and cheaters back then (which is why I couldn't help laughing when @PJTierney some time ago wrote how they thought the best times were made with a keyboard as input device - surely a hex-editor was involved too!)

Last edited:
I can't believe that GT7 will be release after GOW. It's not just a small delay about a few months, expectations will be crazy high for a late 2022 game. And I know Forza Horizon is a 30 fps game, but people will expect graphics at least on par with FH5.
We already have a certainty:
  • GT7 → ray tracing
  • FH5 → no ray tracing

Last edited:
Isn't it interesting though that the game with the least content on each platform sells the most?

GT2 had triple the car and track count of GT1, and sold less. Then GT3 slashed the car content (tracks not so much) and sold the most in the entire series, before GT4 again more than doubled the car count and... sold less. GT5 came up with a GT1-level number of new Premium cars alongside most of GT4's content, and only just outsold its predecessor, before GT6 doubled the Premium car count and... sold less.

It seems that "thin" content - or at least thinner - is a recipe for sales. Of course the metric has now changed from "sales" to "players", and we can't really say how GTS is selling, but the sales estimates are close to 75% more than those of GT6, while not troubling GT1/3/5's numbers. It certainly generates an interesting graph or two:

View attachment 1068174

View attachment 1068175
It's interesting indeed, GT games that include much more content are just another entry for the same platform as the ones who've got less content, and, as a casual consumer (not us), we won't buy it because we've got it already, e.g. why would I buy GT6 if I've got GT5? (Probably something stupid lol but you get my idea). Another thing is that they launch SOOOOO LATE on the console life-span cycle, so late that in fact the next gen PS console is announced. cough cough GT6 cough

Still your opinion and you have the right to disagree of course. That is all stuff that a full game must have imo, especially considering the past of gt and the present of the competition.
and that brings another problem I have with your opinion.

While I can kinda accept that your view on a full game changes based on the era of release, hence why you're letting GT4 slide with its stupid penalty system.

However, now you're mentioning the competition. Which games exactly are you thinking of? Project Cars? Assetto Corsa? Forza Motorsport?

Because if you're referring to any of those, then you have me confused.

Last edited:
It's interesting indeed, GT games that include much more content are just another entry for the same platform as the ones who've got less content, and, as a casual consumer (not us), we won't buy it because we've got it already, e.g. why would I buy GT6 if I've got GT5? (Probably something stupid lol but you get my idea). Another thing is that they launch SOOOOO LATE on the console life-span cycle, so late that in fact the next gen PS console is announced. cough cough GT6 cough
maybe some consumers are buying GT titles to see the evolution of graphics in new game consoles.
Also, this is a personal impression, but I think that odd-numbered titles are of higher quality than even-numbered titles.

Last edited:
  • GT7 → ray tracing
  • FH5 → no ray tracing
Not sure what that changes about what was said exactly. It’s a great looking game regardless. Not that that means that GT7 will be bad in anyway.

Not sure what that changes about what was said exactly. It’s a great looking game regardless. Not that that means that GT7 will be bad in anyway.
Ray tracing has always been the holy grail of graphics ... now it doesn't matter anymore? The damage control already started 😆

Ray tracing has always been the holy grail of graphics ... now it doesn't matter anymore? The damage control already started 😆
Why are you always so obsessed with trying to argue GT is the best looking game? Don't get me wrong, a lot of the time it is, but you don't need to get so defensive all the time, sometimes you can just let it go and accept people can think other games can look great.

let it go GIF

Last edited:
There isn't much to talk about regarding those two. Fanatec: probably a mostly superficial sponsorship like usage at events and on in-game billboards, likely won't mean too much for the physics besides small improvements over the wheel and peripherals' predecessors. Beta codes: beta's existence was leaked via codes that didn't work and might be coming soon.

That's all there is to those things really lol
It better talk than what we complain same stuff over again about graphic. We could have talk about the wheel feature, and what they going bring to the game that exclusive to Gt. Also I don’t expect code to work right now but I expect the beta more robust since it only focus PS5 label on the website and not PS4.

Again, there is no evidence of an actual beta. There is evidence developers used "Gran Turismo Beta" as a placeholder for testing their website development. Web developers are very unlikely to have knowledge of upcoming unannounced betas, in the real public site that would be added by content editors/copywriters. Not developers.

Why are you always so obsessed with trying to argue GT is the best looking game? Don't get me wrong, a lot of the time it is, but you don't need to get so defensive all the time, sometimes you can just let it go and accept people can think other games can look great.

let it go GIF
FH5 is a great looking game but the lack of ray tracing objectively is a serious lack from the graphic point of view

There is no beta, I'm pretty sure. It was just web developers using dummy content to test.
Why risking it using as dummy ?, if there no plan for beta. The team could use something else as replacement. I bet they planing as surprise. And if there are smoke then lead to mostly fire like Fanatec wheel leaked.

Why risking it using as dummy ?, if there no plan for beta. The team could use something else as replacement. I bet they planing as surprise. And if there are smoke then lead to mostly fire like Fanatec wheel leaked.
It was never intended to be seen publicly, obviously. The whole site was a development build out in the open somehow. They had to use something to test, a developer just happened to pick Gran Turismo. Other games were used for other tests. Note they didn't even use a 7 though, it wasn't important. Nobody but them was supposed to see it.

If this was a web page that was professionally written in a manner intended for the public, but went live too soon, it'd have far more gravitas. Like your Fanatec wheel. As it is, it's plainly obvious it was all written by web developers, as illustrated in the images we posted. That makes the likelyhood of it being something real far lower.

Last edited:
Like I said, even without it it’s still a great looking game. The inclusion of ray tracing in another game does absolutely nothing to take away from that. Just having ray tracing also doesn’t mean that it’ll look better, either. That much should be extremely obvious. Either way absolutely no one is saying GT looks bad so not exactly sure why your panties are so bunched up. I also never even said it didn’t matter either. You really have a hard time reading and understanding what you respond to.

also ironic talking about damage control when you’re literally the only one that did that when you responded to @queleuleu. It’s just sad seeing how you react to things.

Last edited:
It was never intended to be seen publicly, obviously. The whole site was a development build out in the open somehow. They had to use something to test, a developer just happened to pick Gran Turismo. Other games were used for other tests. Note they didn't even use a 7 though, it wasn't important. Nobody but them was supposed to see it.

If this was a web page that was professionally written in a manner intended for the public, but went live too soon, it'd have far more gravitas. Like your Fanatec wheel. As it is, it's plainly obvious it was all written by web developers, as illustrated in the images we posted. That makes the likelyhood of it being something real far lower.
I still think there are possibly for the game to have beta coming soon, even the web design is not perfect. Some leak is not perfect either but ending up coming trues. We don’t know if the game will coming 2022, it could be delay again and the beta would be perfect for people that hate delay. It keep them happy awhile the game still working progress before full actual game release.

I still think there are possibly for the game to have beta coming soon, even the web design is not perfect. Some leak is not perfect either but ending up coming trues. We don’t know if the game will coming 2022, it could be delay again and the beta would be perfect for people that hate delay. It keep them happy awhile the game still working progress before full actual game release.
A public beta 12 - 18 months before release is pretty much unheard of. The game won't be in beta stage for that long, not a first party game like this. I'm not trying to crush hopes here, quite the opposite, we need to be realistic based on past experience and industry norms.

There could well be a beta at some point but if there is that website has no bearing on it, I'm pretty sure.

Last edited:
  • GT7 → ray tracing
  • FH5 → no ray tracing
If I'm being honest, I don't even know if Ray tracing is worth it at this point. It seems very demanding even on PC let alone on console. They could've focused more on other parts of the visuals like the environment details, better rain effects stuff like that rather than ray tracing.

Last edited:
If I'm being honest, I don't even know if Ray tracing is worth it at this point. It seems very demanding even on PC let alone on console. They could've focused more on other parts of the visuals like the environment details, better rain effects stuff like that rather than ray tracing.
"The idea of ray tracing comes from as early as the 16th century when it was described by Albrecht Dürer, who is credited for its invention"

"The history of computerized ray tracing for image rendering basically tracks the development of computer hardware."

"Now, GPUs support ray tracing for added realism in fast-paced, 3-D computer games."

_Wikipedia.

Who tells you they won't improve them? The environment details will be better too

Who tells you they won't improve them? The environment details will be better too
Never said that it won't be improve but there's a lot they can do with the environment details. Instead of RT they could've have added a fully 3d trees with physics but we'll see how the full game would look like.

I think RT is a game changer, but on consoles? Heck no! We won't see a good RT implementation until the next-gen consoles, probably in the next 6 years, hopefully.
But ray tracing on the Spider-Man and Ratchet & Clank works well on the PS5, and if PD does a great job like Insomniac Games, you might see something great on the GT7.

But ray tracing on the Spider-Man and Ratchet & Clank works well on the PS5, and if PD does a great job like Insomniac Games, you might see something great on the GT7.
The problem is that GT has to run in native 4k 60fps unlike Ratchet and Spiderman that run at 30fps (yeah i know they have a 60fps mode with ray tracing but with lower res), i see it very hard to implement a decent rt at full 4k 60fps but we will see. The best thing they can do in my opinion is to make two modes (4k 60fps without ray tracing and 1440p 60fps with ray tracing on) so everyone would be happy

Last edited:
Back