Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,188 comments
I highly doubt you'd notice those jagged edges, and less detailed LOD. A lot of sports games do that tbh, FIFA, PES, NBA 2k they lower the LOD during gameplay for a more consistent performance.
A lot of people look into that actually, and scrutinize it within great detail. @emula has a whole thread dedicated to it that's pretty popular and has even used it as a reason to put down other games constantly for those exact reasons, actually. Hell, you don't even need to be close to a TV to notice these for the most part. I have a 55" TV and I sit a good 6-7FT away on a couch and you can still pick them out on games easily.
Lighting and shadows and tessellation and massive factors certainly, but I can see more sharp angles in the car models in GT5 and GT6 than in GT Sport in general.
Are you seeing sharper angles because there has been improvements in the models themselves overtime, or because the power of the next generations of consoles coming along giving way to be able to use more polygons per model? I would imagine what we're seeing is the latter.

Most of the cars have a perfect lod ingame, only a certain number of cars have lod problems ingame. They have to fix only those cars in GT7. The cars below are the proof that the PS4 il full capable to render very high lod even ingame

Ingame

Photomode

Ingame

Photomode

Ingame

Ingame

Photomode

Ingame

Photomode

Ingame

Ingame

Photomode

Ingame

Photomode

Ingame

Ingame

Photomode

Ingame

Photomode

Ingame

Ingame

Photomode

Ingame

Photomode

Ingame

Ingame

Photomode

Ingame

Photomode

Ingame
Those are one of the better models but if you actually go on a track with decent lighting you can easily see it. And why did you upload the gameplay in 1080p while the photomode shots in 4K, it looked blury in comparison. But anyway here you can see it clearly
Gameplay
Hm2NVY9.jpeg

Photomode
GpjdpWk.jpeg

Gameplay
LPXbXUK.jpeg

Photomode
Gr8Jzcm.jpeg

Gameplay
P8dlfiq.jpeg

Photomode
WJqjznP.jpeg

Those are one of the better models but if you actually go on a track with decent lighting you can easily see it. And why did you upload the gameplay in 1080p while the photomode shots in 4K, it looked blury in comparison. But anyway here you can see it clearly
Gameplay
Hm2NVY9.jpeg

Photomode
GpjdpWk.jpeg

Gameplay
LPXbXUK.jpeg

Photomode
Gr8Jzcm.jpeg

Gameplay
P8dlfiq.jpeg

Photomode
WJqjznP.jpeg

The difference is minimal even after the zoom. For the old PS4 that's fine. On GT7 (PS4 version) they only have to fix the lod problems of the defective cars (Toyota FT1, new fiat 500, etc) and bring them to this level.

On PS5 I hope they will use the full lod models in any condition

Last edited:
The difference is minimal even after the zoom. For the old PS4 that's fine. On GT7 (PS4 version) they only have to fix the lod problems of the defective cars (Toyota FT1, new fiat 500, etc) and bring them to this level.

Minimal differences usually aren't, and shouldn't, be immediately noticeable lol. You really don't even have to zoom in at all to even see it. Funny how you went from "it's perfect" to "it's old hardware, that's ok." Either way, it's unlikely(hopefully) that it'll turn out the same way on the PS5. Although, with the game supposedly being cross-gen it's very likely to still be a wide spread issue more so than not.

EDIT: Seems I was late, but it's no longer "supposedly" cross-gen, looks to be confirmed now.

Last edited:

Yeah thats pretty minimal especially in context of the whole image and not cropped in. But anyways complainers will complain

I mean, that wasn't ironic now was it?

Not only that, but the original poster literally didn't even make it a big issue. He said he noticed something, provided proof, and said that he's hopeful that it'll get improved. He even said it's not even a big enough issue for him as hes also going to get the game regardless. Even odder is the fact that @emula now isn't even disagreeing with the fact like he seemed like he did when he tried to play it down. So if it's agreed that it's there, what exactly is the issue with pointing it out?

But complainers gonna complain about valid criticism - Not exactly sure if it's ironic or hypocritical at this point.

Last edited:
Complainers gonna complain is a pretty basic statement. You can read whatever you want into it and not surprisingly it got the response that it did. Something a lot to do with nothing.
Shocked. 😄

added for the typical future reply.. blah blah.. banned many times.. yip yip. 😂

Last edited:
not exactly connected to gt7 but psvr2 support is very possible:
fov 110 (10 more than psvr1, 20 more than quest2)
OLED 2000×2040 per eye (on psvr1 960 × 1080),
Eye tracking
Foveated rendering/flexible scaling
Bundled controllers
Headset haptics
AAA VR/non-VR hybrid games

Last edited:
Complainers gonna complain is a pretty basic statement. You can read whatever you want into it and not surprisingly it got the response that it did. Something a lot to do with nothing.
Shocked. 😄
Never said it wasn't a basic statement, so not sure what pointing that out meant. Your post always flow along the same line coming into these threads, you come in to just make remarks about what people said about something that someone else said that someone disagreed with. You come in to just be an ass and add no very little, to no, substance about anything more often than not. What exact issue do you have with someone voicing a concern about something that they thought can be improved?

How exactly did you find it so derogatory that you instead chose to to make snide remarks about someone just having a pretty valid, while in no way demeaning, opinion about something? It's fine that what @turk1993 is talking about doesn't really bother you too much, but I fail to understand what being an ass solely because of that is accomplishing. Hell, he even said it's not a major issue and he'll get the game regardless, but would like to see it addressed. @emula, the person you're agreeing with while trying to berate someone, even agreed as much, that it should be improved for the next gen, so it makes even less sense as to why you choose to go about it that way.

not entirely shocking that you decided to put something entirely stupid into an old post instead. Although falls in line with how you are to the T, and makes sense since you constantly try to white knight for people who have been banned many times for trolling.

Last edited:
snc
not exactly connected to gt7 but psvr2 support is very possible:
fov 110 (10 more than psvr1, 20 more than quest2)
OLED 2000×2040 per eye (on psvr1 960 × 1080),
Eye tracking
Foveated rendering/flexible scaling
Bundled controllers
Headset haptics
AAA VR/non-VR hybrid games

Sounds incredible if it has all that. Controllers already look like a game changer, like the PS5 controller. I wonder how the headset haptics help with motion sickness though but still something new and cool to look forward to.

Sounds incredible if it has all that. Controllers already look like a game changer, like the PS5 controller. I wonder how the headset haptics help with motion sickness though but still something new and cool to look forward to.

Blue checkmark on Twitter said new state of play being announced today, and it will include an "update" on GT7.

Prepare to be disappointed...

Im expecting exatcly same trailer but ending with info about ps4 and ps5 release somwhere next year :d

I definitly think, GT7 will be part of a showcase until end of summer, for games sceduled for 2022 oder later.

Any news about GT would be fine.

Last edited:
Blue checkmark on Twitter said new state of play being announced today, and it will include an "update" on GT7.

Prepare to be disappointed...

I think you mean "some guy not employed by Sony said it's rumoured that a state of play will be announced today and he himself expects it to include an update on GT7, but clearly has no actual knowledge on the matter".

Two rather different things. He even had a follow up tweet

This is, of course, just rumour and speculation. Nothing is confirmed

Last edited:
Back