Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 38,925 comments
I just want an offline version of sport mode, could be a good complimentary to classic GT single player campaign. Sport mode pretty much has all the good stuff, signing with a manufacturer, qualifying, daily races, manufacturer and championship events. I think they could easily randomize races, track and car combination even in single player.
What'd be the difference between offline Sport Mode and other GT offline races?
I feel like no matter what career structure they come up with it will always end up boring if the AI is boring and slow to race against. Even GT's traditionally campaign would be a lot more fun if there was competent AI.
Just saying that GTS turned around the car sounds from previously abysmal one in just 1 game (the flaw now being the shifting sounds) where ofc previously common thought is GT will never fix their sound, albeit of course, there's a good reason of it by hiring Mike Caviezel.

30fps Gran Turismo? Nop, I don't believe! :)
bear with my predict but the performance gap between original PS4 and PS5 is too big for a game that would surely trying to squeeze out every bit of the console.
A decent 60/120fps on PS4pro&PS5 could still be expected though imo

bear with my predict but the performance gap between original PS4 and PS5 is too big for a game that would surely trying to squeeze out every bit of the console.
A decent 60/120fps on PS4pro&PS5 could still be expected though imo
...except if PS5 would use full DXR features :)

PS4 Pro still has low power jaguar cpu.
...yeap, even that higher frequency doesn't help it a lot with newer titles. When I had FX8350 (basically same CPU core as PS4/PS4Pro), I did reduce frequency to match to old gen consoles, and TBH, even though it did help PS4Pro in few instances, it was devastating, at least on PC, that difference was negligible in comparison to current Ryzen CPU...

Big Porsche emphasis, I hope RUF aren't sidelined.
Exactly what I thought when the trailer came out, the game is shaping up to be a Porsche fan wet dream with the:
917 Living Legend
Carrera GT
911 GT3 RS
Cayman GT4

I just hope they add the 911 GT2 RS and the 992 Turbo S as well.

images (2) (26).jpeg

I still don't know the name of that Porsche in the main cover art though:lol:

Last edited:
Exactly what I thought when the trailer came out, the game is shaping up to be a Porsche's fan wet dream with the:
917 Living Legend
Carrera GT
911 GT3 RS
Cayman GT4

View attachment 1080172
I still don't know the name of that Porsche in tha main cover art though:lol:
No 918 Spyder?

Ruf will most likely be absent, very few titles have both, so it's likely a licencing limitation.

The Crew 2 is the only one I can think of that had both at release, as while a Forsa title and AC have had both they were Ruf only and then added Porsche via DLC when the EA exclusivity ended.

Last edited:
Exactly what I thought when the trailer came out, the game is shaping up to be a Porsche fan wet dream with the:
917 Living Legend
Carrera GT
911 GT3 RS
Cayman GT4

View attachment 1080172
I still don't know the name of that Porsche in the main cover art though:lol:
Probably the VGT road version / variation of the Mission R Concept

We got one Ruf in GT Sport. I gather we'd get the Yellowbird, the CTR and maybe a new Ruf.
Hey, could get all the old ones from past GT games. Ruf 3800 S and the original "Kaz" Ruf RGT from GT3.

As I was saying. That's not a valid reason for including something. We don't include low poly car models just because they were in previous games, we improve them, so why can't they improve anything else?

..and why do they need a specific test to learn that? There are hundreds of racing games out there, GT is the only one that has these super basic tests. Other games send you out to the track and you learn by experience. That's how we learn a lot of things as humans.

When was the last time you ever saw someone complaining they didn't like a racing game because they just didn't understand how cars braking worked? You quickly work it out, even in a game like F1 which are nothing like cars anyone drives in the real world. People work it out.
Who told you it's mandatory to learn technique thru the driving school? It isn't. There's nothing inherently invalid about just hopping in a lobby or race and sharpening your skills in there, if you don't want to jump thru hoops. I'm pretty sure PD won't hang a red banner over your car that says "LOOK OUT, I NEVER DID THE STRAIGHT LINE BRAKING LESSON".

I like the presence of these tests, repeatable controls you can use as a yardstick for progress, and the value you get out as with all training is equivalent to what you put in. You might not have a use for a straight line test as it stands, but what if you buy a new pedal set? What if you just want to try braking with the new haptic triggers in the most repeatable way possible, feeling for the ABS bite etc. Removing as many variables as possible is good for testing.

You're essentially complaining about the presence of these basic tests because you're beyond them, which is great, and yeah, most people who pick up the game are gonna be beyond those first two. But it will take less time to clear those tests than it has taken to write these posts, and it's safe to assume later tests will certainly present more robust and relevant challenges.

Just because you don't personally need it, doesn't make it a waste of development time. I don't drive 911s, but it wasn't a waste of time for PD to model however many of them, purely because they're not to my personal taste. That's a stretch, but, you see my point.

Regardless of whether it's a classic GT callback or a symptom of being stuck in the past, it's such a nothingburger of an issue I can't fathom getting annoyed about it.

EDIT: for me personally coming to GT sport from a pure rally game background, I did find the straight line braking tests useful in accounting for different weight and braking distances, and trying to brake in one smooth motion rather than braking in stages like one often does in technical rally sections.

Last edited:
Who told you it's mandatory to learn technique thru the driving school? It isn't. There's nothing inherently invalid about just hopping in a lobby or race and sharpening your skills in there, if you don't want to jump thru hoops. I'm pretty sure PD won't hang a red banner over your car that says "LOOK OUT, I NEVER DID THE STRAIGHT LINE BRAKING LESSON".

I like the presence of these tests, repeatable controls you can use as a yardstick for progress, and the value you get out as with all training is equivalent to what you put in. You might not have a use for a straight line test as it stands, but what if you buy a new pedal set? What if you just want to try braking with the new haptic triggers in the most repeatable way possible, feeling for the ABS bite etc. Removing as many variables as possible is good for testing.

You're essentially complaining about the presence of these basic tests because you're beyond them, which is great, and yeah, most people who pick up the game are gonna be beyond those first two. But it will take less time to clear those tests than it has taken to write these posts, and it's safe to assume later tests will certainly present more robust and relevant challenges.

Just because you don't personally need it, doesn't make it a waste of development time. I don't drive 911s, but it wasn't a waste of time for PD to model however many of them, purely because they're not to my personal taste. That's a stretch, but, you see my point.

Regardless of whether it's a classic GT callback or a symptom of being stuck in the past, it's such a nothingburger of an issue I can't fathom getting annoyed about it.
The proposed solution isn't to remove but for PD to not treat every players like beginners, so the test can be kept but not forcing every players to do that, it should be thought over, not about it being removed like what you imply.

The proposed solution isn't to remove but for PD to not treat every players like beginners, so the test can be kept but not forcing every players to do that, it should be thought over, not about it being removed like what you imply.
Has it been confirmed anywhere that you'll be required to pass driving school missions to access other areas of the game? This wasn't true in Sport.

So the Taycan is also coming, and... What's behind it?
445D979E-7A97-47CF-A426-211F06E83661.jpeg

I'm just going to put this here.
I've lost track of how many videos I've watched where the person doesn't seem to understand this.

The trailer footage seems like it's been recorded using the Japanese version.
If you change the console language, the in-game language, units of power, weight, etc... would be changed, but the credit scale wouldn't be changed.
And you can see the international credit scale in the screenshots in the official site.

Last edited:
I'm not going wild for this new trailer. It's more from the same that we already knew. No really exiting cars or new items. High speed ring is cool... I just hope for the next trailer that they show a greater diversity of cars (saloons, SUV's, trucks, EV's, etc.) The only divergent vehicle in the trailer is the Willy's jeep. I'm happy with the return of career mode but it must have a broad carlist to back it up. The fun of career mode is choosing your best (or coolest) car for a specific race and if you only get coupes and racing cars there isn't much fun in that. I know it is still early but I hope I won't be as disappointed as I was when GT3 came out.

Has it been confirmed anywhere that you'll be required to pass driving school missions to access other areas of the game? This wasn't true in Sport.
From the earlier trailer, but still.
1631617568289.png

Though I kinda want for online rooms to apply Licenses as one of the restrictions the room maker can use as probably not every GTS players do Driving School and were driving very rubbish.

Last edited:
From the earlier trailer, but still.
View attachment 1080178

Though I kinda want for online rooms to apply Licenses as one of the restrictions the room maker can use as probably not every GTS players do Driving School and were driving very rubbish.
So to recap, we don't want driving school, because it bars entry to other areas of the game, that we are presuming people are competent enough to clear from the get-go.

At the same time, we do want driving school, because it allows us to bar entry to our lobbies, because we are presuming people aren't competent enough to race with us from the get-go.

And, yep, I think that's where I'm done! Cheers :)

So to recap, we don't want driving school, because it bars entry to other areas of the game, that we are presuming people are competent enough to clear from the get-go.

At the same time, we do want driving school, because it allows us to bar entry to our lobbies, because we are presuming people aren't competent enough to race with us from the get-go.

And, yep, I think that's where I'm done! Cheers :)
I already said before it's not about removing it, but about the game knowing to differentiate who are beginners and who are already seasoned players (not the game presuming every people are competent enough, neither does the game presume everyone are beginners).

Ruf will most likely be absent, very few titles have both, so it's likely a licencing limitation.

The Crew 2 is the only one I can think of that had both at release, as while a Forsa title and AC have had both they were Ruf only and then added Porsche via DLC when the EA exclusivity ended.

But GT Sport has both
Edit: was tree'd massively, didn't update page

Last edited:

I remember seeing this tweet some time ago where RUF themselves emailed a fan stating that "some of their cars" would feature in GT7 - wording is important as it implies we'll actually see more of them instead of just the CTR3 that featured in GT Sport (and it implies they won't be cut out entirely)

Of course, there's the chance this guy lied about the whole thing and the email is fabricated, but it seems like this would be a weird thing to lie about.

PS4 1.84 tflops
PS4pro 4.2 tflops
PS5 10.3 tflops

it makes sense to me if they would only give u 1080p30 on PS4 with 4k60 on PS5, the performance differences match to scale closely.
it also makes sense to me they cap a 4k30/1080p60 on PS5 for all RT-on scenes to get best visual quality while 1080p120/4k60 for gameplay.
Most PS5 games run RT modes at 1440p/60

Back