Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,261 comments
It doesn't matter if one is photomode or the other is an image from a trailer.
It does, because trailers are notorious for not always being representative of what the actual game is like. It's not an apples to apples comparison.

It does, because trailers are notorious for not always being representative of what the actual game is like. It's not an apples to apples comparison.
in the trailers of the pd, the only thing that changed from the game was only the quality of the assets of the cars and the tracks because they put the models at the highest quality ... so, all this, what would center with the lighting that the game offers you ?
If in that video the game shows you that pre-resigned piece of replay with that lighting, in game you will have that lighting for sure and the counter-proof is present in the myriad of trailers that the PD has released.

Since I read GTplanet, I always see you complaining about anything that the PD propose, I wonder why you are still here and not in other shores with games you like.

ps: why, in photo mode, do you have the same quality as you have in game? or do you have something much superior?

It seems to me that we are talking about apples and apples

Last edited:
Crikey, can't even make a simple comment these days. How you took that as "complaining" I have no idea.
please, you have downplayed a comparison in 2 lines where the user in question has put in the effort (and not a little) to try to show the differences in a certain point of that 3-minute trailer of GT7 by comparing it with the same point in GTsport, with the same angles.

let's not mess around

Has anyone actually seen a mention of Dynamic Time anywhere? I've seen it plenty of times for weather, but not once for time.
I highly doubt the base ps4 could handle the lighting constantly changing without having severe performance issues.

I’m still skeptical about the weather being truly dynamic, i’ll believe it when I see footage of a track going wet to dry or vice versa.

Last edited:
No. It's a digitally delivered version of the game with no physical presence - so there's no physical add ons...
Well, it's not as weird as it sounds. In fact Horizon Forbidden West is doing digital collectors editions with physical extras (e.g. a statuette)
Effectively a normal collectors edition, but with a download code instead of a disc

I see some people forgot Twitter. THERE'S your real measurement of humanity :lol:

Still tripping that people are still butthurt when criticism is applied to a game of all things. Breathe people, go outside. I do it every day and its wonderful (Assuming there isn't a Tornado forming with hail coming down upon you)

Last edited:
please, you have downplayed a comparison in 2 lines where the user in question has put in the effort (and not a little) to try to show the differences in a certain point of that 3-minute trailer of GT7 by comparing it with the same point in GTsport, with the same angles.

let's not mess around
I openly questioned whether the comparison was relevant. The appropriate response to my question is "Yes, it is relevant because..." which you did just about manage. I then clarified why I thought it did matter the difference in the two sources.

This is how discussion works in a forum. But you had to pepper your responses with personal attacks. You'll note I did not personally attack either emula or yourself.

This isn't a PD thing, I'm not singling them out, I didn't even critique them. Every video game producer uses extra processing in their trailers to produce visuals not available in real-time gameplay. Most people know that. Did I say the comparison was utterly pointless and showed us nothing? No, I just questioned how truly relevant it was given the different sources.

If people can't take even the tiniest questioning in what they post then I don't know what to say. Maybe a forum isn't the place to be.

Last edited:
I highly doubt the base ps4 could handle the lighting constantly changing without having severe performance issues.

I’m still skeptical about the weather being truly dynamic, i’ll believe it when I see footage of a track going wet to dry or vice versa.
I am as well as wording is different depending on where you look at it seems. I've seen vague descriptions, I've seen things said outright, and some things just not at all, making it a bit confusing. I'm curious to see how it runs on the base hardware in those instances, rather than just in general.

Well, it's not as weird as it sounds. In fact Horizon Forbidden West is doing digital collectors editions with physical extras (e.g. a statuette)
Effectively a normal collectors edition, but with a download code instead of a disc
That's somewhat the other way round.

The HFW "Collector's Edition" contains a download code in the box of stuff rather than a physical game, yes, but it doesn't contain the word "digital" in the title. The version that does, the "Digital Deluxe" edition, has no physical form.

It doesn't matter if one is photomode or the other is an image from a trailer.
To see the differences, the material in question is enough.
It actually matters a lot if one is in a photomode and one is in a pre-rendered trailer that more often than not get pumped up visually by many devs, especially PD. They're demonstrating things that should be taken with a grain of salt compared to what we actually get in gameplay or in game. That is an industry standard practically.

Not only that, but as soon as you take a photo in game and bring it onto a computer and upload it, it will always looked more washed out than what you see in game. Making it a pretty invalid comparison from the get go for the "lighting" you're talking about.

What are we even whining about this time?

Last edited:
I feel it's pretty

Hmm, I was really hoping for more then 20 car grids. I run the Icelandic Gran Turismo leagues and I desperately want bigger grids. Also, a possibility of renting dedicated server would be awesome for leagues.

Really hope this is placeholder information and we will get bigger grids online, but with PS4 in the mix, there is bound to be some limiting factors.
If we don’t get more than 20 car grids that truly is utterly disappointing. It would in fact be a downgrade from GT Sport which used to support 24 car grids online.

Screenshot_20210915-195400.jpg

Last edited:
I’m not sure if this has been covered but here is the description for Gran Turismo 7 on the PS5 store:

1. The wording “over 90 track routes in dynamic weather” could either mean every track has changeable conditions or that maybe there are even more tracks but some without weather? I’m guessing the first scenario.

2. “Compete in GT Sport Mode” - I’m sure we all knew it was back, but confirmation.

View attachment 1080658
"Over 420 cars from DAY ONE"
Well that basically confirms additional content in the future.
Inside of the data for Version 1.61 of Gran Turismo Sport, Watkins Glen gets added to the "probables for GT7" list, complete with a brand new model code. PoDi might actually be checking out those wishlists after all.

bKAEOWM.png
I wonder what test_mulligan_02 is.

It took me a minute to find it. You actually have to type Gran Turismo 7 or it won't come up. Gran Turismo will just pull up GT Sport

If we don’t get more than 20 car grids that truly is utterly disappointing. It would in fact be a downgrade from GT Sport which used to support 24 car grids online.

...currently it's 16 for open lobbies, which is sad, and 20 for FIA races (was 24 before), we all hope it'll go up to 30-32 at least...
I want more too people, but expecting the baseline PS4 to handle larger online lobbies on top of all the other returning features is mega unrealistic to be honest. Hopefully it will be one of the differences between the PS4 and PS5 versions

On the topic of grid sizes, the largest PD have officially done in GT Sport was 30 cars in a Mission Challenge event (30 laps at Lago Maggiore, Gr.3 & Gr.4 multiclass). There have also been videos of people increasing the grid size even further with no running issues on a Standard PS4, such as Vanilla doing a 38 car race at Nürburgring and even a rally track (Colorado Springs). I don't know if anyone has tried to combine that with rain effects or not.

I'm far from being a technical expert, but I'd imagine if you can run something offline, it takes the same processing power to do it online. The main difference and issue would be a server related thing, which is external from the console and therefore not limited by the PS4 Standard's hardware restrictions.

So the grid size is either to do with the increased processing power needed specifically for variable conditions, or Polyphony's external servers needing an upgrade. Possibly a combination of both, but I'd think it's more so a server thing.

Once again, I'm no technical expert. This is just a theory.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back