Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 38,956 comments
classic :lol:

man that watkins glen is interesting though. When do we get some PD track reveal trailers :)

Last edited:
So I found a video showcasing a combination of 38 cars, Nürburgring 24H layout, & rain. This was all captured on a jailbroken PS4 Standard (not PS4 Pro).

This indicates to me that the reason for the GT7 grid size being capped at 20 for online is an external server issue, not a PS4 Standard hardware issue. PD might end up upgrading their servers in time, but for now they are only rated for 20 online players. Not to mention GT Sport had a maximum of 24 spots in Sport Mode at one point.

Last edited:
So I found a video showcasing a combination of 38 cars, Nürburgring 24H layout, & rain. This was all captured on a jailbroken PS4 Standard (not PS4 Pro).

This indicates to me that the reason for the GT7 grid size being capped at 20 for online is an external server issue, not a PS4 Standard hardware issue. PD might end up upgrading their servers in time, but for now they are only rated for 20 online players.

And piggybacking off of that, who's to say that the server allocation would grow, or do they want to play it safe with no massive connection issues? I hope it would, but I'm not holding my breath on that.

I'd be willing to bet that the decision to not allow the grid size and weather was purely due to online (After all, THAT's what it was built for from the start) so they wanted to have the least taxing on resources when it came to online functionality. Now maybe in developing GT7, they have found ways to make this work (though I'm still skeptical on if they can accomplish this without the Base PS4 sounding like the planes down the street from me powering up for take off) but I would be willing to be THATs the main deliberate reason for not including it by default.

Last edited:
30+ cars would be nice, and of course it 'could' be done, GT6 showed with clever optimisation one could load heaps of cars into and out of the Sierra Time Rally. It might be technically possible, but probably not everywhere, and GT has always had the same amount of cars on track for all non-rally courses, the lowest common denominator wins out. I'd love to throw 40 cars into Northern Isle, Blue Moon Bay, Bathurst and Nurburgring, but maybe not until GT8.
"authentic sports cars"....frowns in Mazda Demio. :D
Hey now, the 2015 Mazda Demio XD Touring is very sporty; in GT Sport it's the only car with a recommended gear display in the car (which IRL should tell you the recommended gear to shift into for economy, but in-game shows the recommended gear for the next corner, which there's no way it could know, but it's in the UI so why not? Someone at PD believes in Zoom-Zoom.

This indicates to me that the reason for the GT7 grid size being capped at 20 for online is an external server issue, not a PS4 Standard hardware issue. PD might end up upgrading their servers in time, but for now they are only rated for 20 online players.

...and the guy who did this said there is still headroom on CPU/GPU and RAM. I think it's just PD laziness...

30+ cars would be nice, and of course it 'could' be done, GT6 showed with clever optimisation one could load heaps of cars into and out of the Sierra Time Rally. It might be technically possible, but probably not everywhere, and GT has always had the same amount of cars on track for all non-rally courses, the lowest common denominator wins out. I'd love to throw 40 cars into Northern Isle, Blue Moon Bay, Bathurst and Nurburgring, but maybe not until GT8.

Hey now, the 2015 Mazda Demio XD Touring is very sporty; in GT Sport it's the only car with a recommended gear display in the car (which IRL should tell you the recommended gear to shift into for economy, but in-game shows the recommended gear for the next corner, which there's no way it could know, but it's in the UI so why not? Someone at PD believes in Zoom-Zoom.
Maaaaaannnnnn, listen… https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/mazda-demio-skyactiv-d-super-taikyu-17-2015.331231/ ;)

i think in regards to system performance, sony always sort of recommended any game not use more than 6 cores, and not more than 6gb... sony and PD were conservative in resources used.

... GT6 showed with clever optimisation one could load heaps of cars into and out of the Sierra Time Rally...
The cars were spread-out over the course of the track, meaning that no more than a handful required rendering at any given point in time.

Still, I've been hoping for years that PD would implement something like this at Nurburgring...

Well, quite obviously the graphics/assets...

@emula is an awsome user making the best graphics comparisons since many years, contributing incredible content to the gt forum!

You and @Samus on the other hand are contributing nothing else than bad vibes whenever i see posts from both of you.
They both look to me like trolls.

You and @Samus on the other hand are contributing nothing else than bad vibes whenever i see posts from both of you.

They both look to me like trolls.
Positivity is not a requirement for membership by the AUP.

Attempting to harass members into silence however is, continue and your ability to post in the GT7 forums will be removed.

Last edited:
is this on the PS4 or PS5 store? Because the grid size not being larger than GTS is a bit dissappointing, even if it's only for online.
I don’t get this. Why is it disappointing? At the same time some other dude complains about the game not looking good. Well, you can’t have larger grid sizes AND better visuals AND dynamic time/weather AND a more stable 60 fps.

Inside of the data for Version 1.61 of Gran Turismo Sport, Watkins Glen gets added to the "probables for GT7" list, complete with a brand new model code. PoDi might actually be checking out those wishlists after all.

bKAEOWM.png

Also, the version's Makes list:
1JxmIDp.png
Hi. Could you elaborate on "Inside of the data for Version 1.61". What's the source? How'd you get it?

This indicates to me that the reason for the GT7 grid size being capped at 20 for online is an external server issue, not a PS4 Standard hardware issue. PD might end up upgrading their servers in time, but for now they are only rated for 20 online players. Not to mention GT Sport had a maximum of 24 spots in Sport Mode at one point.

Ok, missed this. That is crazy actually. Wonder what the resolution is, though. If it’s on a standard PS4 it’s no more than 1080p, possibly lower. And replays are at 30 fps if I’m not mistaken?

Ok, missed this. That is crazy actually. Wonder what the resolution is, though. If it’s on a standard PS4 it’s no more than 1080p, possibly lower. And replays are at 30 fps if I’m not mistaken?
Replays I think we’re reported at 60fps with a couple of drops when all the cars bunched up, and yes 1080p on the standard PS4.

I’d suspect races to suffer as the game has to render real-time physics instead of replaying what has already been tracked and recorded.

I don’t get this. Why is it disappointing? At the same time some other dude complains about the game not looking good. Well, you can’t have larger grid sizes AND better visuals AND dynamic time/weather AND a more stable 60 fps.
It's about priotities. I'd much rather have a grid size of say 30, than PD focussing on visuals, GTS already looks amazing to me. But I don't think its one or the other, its a new generation of console that can definitely handle dynamic time/weather, good graphics, stable framerate and a larger grid size of say 30 or more. Other games have done it on ps4 gen consoles, PD doesn't have a lot of excuses in my eyes. This is also why it's dissappointing to many that the game will release on old gen, because that could mean that PD won't make full use of the PS5 capabilities.

Last edited:
It's about priotities. I'd much rather have a grid size of say 30, than PD focussing on visuals, GTS already looks amazing to me. But I don't think its one or the other, its a new generation of console that can definitely handle dynamic time/weather, good graphics, stable framerate and a larger grid size of say 30 or more. Other games have done it on ps4 gen consoles, PD doesn't have a lot of excuses in my eyes. This is also why it's dissappointing to many that the game will release on old gen, because that could mean that PD won't make full use of the PS5 capabilities.
Yeah, that’s you. I for one think grids of more than 20 cars are unnecessary. We’re all different, and I’d hate to be in Kaz’s shoes, trying to please as many of us as possible at the same time, and all he gets in return are a bunch of spoiled kids whining about this and that.

Last edited:
...and the guy who did this said there is still headroom on CPU/GPU and RAM. I think it's just PD laziness...
“Lazy devs” is probably one of the most insulting comments considering the amount of time and years the devs spend working on the games, in an industry that’s already known to heavily overwork devs. GTSport on base ps4 already drops frames when cars bunch up around a corner, there’s a pretty clear reason why PD’s avoided higher car grids.

Here's to hoping GR.X is no more.
We can see the Mazda RX-VISION Concept, is racing with real road cars. I know we can use a couple GR.X cars in the Real Circuit Tour events in GT Sport.

The PP system can be a way to get rid of Gr.X permanently.
I think Gr.X should still be around for truly unique machines, but otherwise, I'd like to see some new classes for cars that were otherwise in Gr.X within GTS, namely vintage grand tourers, vintage prototypes, and the quartet of racecars that competed in the 1954 24 Hours of Le Mans.

Basically, Gr.X should be reserved for machines that would be featured in one-make events, such as the Red Bull cars, go-karts, the F1500T-A, and so on. But if there seems to be multiple cars in Sport's iteration of Gr.X that seem like they could compete with each other - like the Ferrari 330 P4, Jaguar XJ13, and Ford Mark IV - then a new class should be made instead, so that they're kept out of Gr.X. (I wonder how the Porsche 917 would fare against those three?)

Then again, with the PP system, it could be that Gr.X (and to a similar extent, the N-Series) isn't necessary, and the only truly necessary classes are Gr.4/Gr.3/Gr.B/Gr.2/Gr.1. And instead of creating new classes, there could be more interesting vehicle restrictions in online races. Who's to say there couldn't be a Sport Mode race in GT7 where we can only use the 330 P4/Mark IV/XJ13 with a PP limit?

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back