Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,343 comments
It's gonna be a shame if "The Music of Gran Turismo" is just mostly Lenny Ibizarre whale sounds.
1632246117732.png

It's gonna be a shame if "The Music of Gran Turismo" is just mostly Lenny Ibizarre whale sounds.
View attachment 1081925
I'm really hoping there would be no more Lenny Ibizarre music for GT7. Especially "Melancholia" which should have never been in GT Sport to begin with. My only favorite songs from him were "Vision" and "Sixtyfour Hippos", though. The rest are a bore-fest and makes you want to fall asleep playing the game.

One more thing, I wonder how PS5 users will get to access the digital soundtrack, especially since I'll be getting the game for my PS5, and that I don't have a PS4 anymore.

Last edited:
One more thing, I wonder how PS5 users will get to access the digital soundtrack, especially since I'll be getting the game for the PS5 itself.
Wondering the same thing. Maybe a download file we can import to a flashdrive? Maybe they email us a link to a download?

Would be great if there was a place to ask this stuff.

Wondering the same thing. Maybe a download file we can import to a flashdrive? Maybe they email us a link to a download?

What really sucks is that on the PS5, you can't use certain apps anymore (like for example, anywhereVR or even the WipEout digital art book). If the digital soundtrack to GT7 is PS4-only, then that's a bummer.

Last edited:

It's gonna be an app. The Horizon ZD artbook was the same and so was the FF7R mini-soundtrack, I believe.

Sorry about the dumb question, but the avatars and the soundtrack are going to be available immediately after the pre-order purchase or only at the launch date?

So you grind your way through the license tests the first day and you can use your 917 in the high rewarding races and you have enough money to buy the best car for every race before those. But I think that is a discussion we already had in another thread ;-)
Right and this is optional. Again, YOU don’t have to buy it AND it does not ruin the WHOLE GAME, because others CHOSE to buy the pre-order. It applies across any discussion.
What this does, is probably grant the players that choose to purchase pre-order, access to exclusive cars. The Yaris and RX-V Stealth seem to be exclusive. So, anyone wanting to collect ALL cars in the game, might not get those two cars. We’ll see.

I'm really hoping there would be no more Lenny Ibizarre music for GT7. Especially "Melancholia" which should have never been in GT Sport to begin with. My only favorite songs from him were "Vision" and "Sixtyfour Hippos", though. The rest are a bore-fest and makes you want to fall asleep playing the game.

One more thing, I wonder how PS5 users will get to access the digital soundtrack, especially since I'll be getting the game for my PS5, and that I don't have a PS4 anymore.
I have always hated Lenny Ibizarre's music. The other music in GTSport was better.

I do miss the jazz and lounge music back in GT5. Here's me hoping that sort of music will come back to GT7 and somewhat be part of the soundtrack.

Last edited:
Where did this GT500 Supra at Sarthe picture came from? View attachment 1081939
I think it's from the Japanese PS Blog article which has a few more screenshots of the RX-VISION GT3 Concept Stealth Model, 917 Living Legend and Supra GT500.

Last edited:
But I think that is a discussion we already had in another thread ;-)
You're definitely right. You said that the game is supposed to be played from the ground up, starting fresh with no extras, and that's how PD intends and extra help is basically cheating the system. Funnily enough, like always, PD gives tons of options to have so many extra's before you even boot the game up at all. So much for that.

I think it's from the Japanese PS Blog article which has a few more screenshots of the RX-VISION GT3 Concept Stealth Model, 917 Living Legend and Supra GT500.
1632253332460.png

I really wish this was 4k quality (or at least 1080p) so I can use it for a desktop wallpaper on my PC.

It's gonna be an app. The Horizon ZD artbook was the same and so was the FF7R mini-soundtrack, I believe.
I was thinking that too, buts its not unprecedented for them to send out digital soundtrack downloads to people who preordered though PS Store. I believe NieR Replicant recently did this.

I'm not sure how the previous soundtrack apps even work, could you actually download the music from it?

I was thinking that too, buts its not unprecedented for them to send out digital soundtrack downloads to people who preordered though PS Store. I believe NieR Replicant recently did this.

I'm not sure how the previous soundtrack apps even work, could you actually download the music from it?
With the previous soundtrack apps that I have tried, there was a download to usb option

No downloads. Just playback in the app itself.. Like so:

EDIT: Nvm. See above post.

Last edited:

Just because you don't like those songs doesn't mean they shouldn't be in the game. Me and my friends actually like Lenny's songs, especially Melancholia and I'm sure there's more people who like those songs.

Just because you don't like those songs doesn't mean they shouldn't be in the game. Me and my friends actually like Lenny's songs, especially Melancholia and I'm sure there's more people who like those songs.
If most of the tracks weren't so overpowered by tons of samples and so depressing sounding, I don't think people would have any issue with his songs.

Gran Turismo's soundtracks have always been famous for being really melodic, and upbeat. Which just so happens to be the exact opposite of what Lenny produced for GT Sport. It's not surprising at all that lots of people have no interest in seeing him return.

Last edited:
If most of the tracks weren't so overpowered by tons of samples and so depressing sounding, I don't think people would have any issue with his songs.

Gran Turismo's soundtracks have always been famous for being really melodic, and upbeat. Which just so happens to be the exact opposite of what Lenny produced for GT Sport. It's not surprising at all that lots of people have no interest in seeing him return.
I enjoyed the songs from every Gran Turismo game and yes, I'd like to find a more "classic" soundtrack list in GT7, but i don't find Lenny's music so bad that he never should've been in the game.

I think Lenny brought a more modern atmosphere to Gran Turismo.
If he and Daiki are in GT7 I'll be very happy. ;)

I enjoyed the songs from every Gran Turismo game and yes, I'd like to find a more "classic" soundtrack list in GT7, but i don't find Lenny's music so bad that he never should've been in the game.
I didn't say his stuff was bad, I just thought it didnt fit with the games style very well. (Which is a pretty important thing to nail if you are making a soundtrack).

Perhaps just a poor choice of wording on your part but to clear it up, Ibizarre wasn’t commissioned to make these tracks for GT Sport, they’re from his Ambient Collection records from the late 90s. Obviously he was paid but the music has been around for a long time.

Edit: Four tracks were unreleased. Wasn’t aware of that. Rest are old ones from the above mentioned records though.

“A total of 23 songs were used for the menus of the game and includes 4 previously unreleased tracks: Sixty-four Hippos, What can you do, The Local Floatery, and, Dazzle Dream.”

Last edited:
Perhaps just a poor choice of wording on your part but to clear it up, Ibizarre wasn’t commissioned to make these tracks for GT Sport, they’re from his Ambient Collection records from the late 90s. Obviously he was paid but the music has been around for a long time.
That explains a lot of my feelings on his stuff being in the game.

I knew there were a good bit of licensed stuff in GT Sport's soundtrack, but had no idea all those songs from him werent originals. Very odd. I apologize for my ignorance. Hopefully GT7's soundtrack is entirely original.

That explains a lot of my feelings on his stuff being in the game.

I knew there were a good bit of licensed stuff in GT Sport's soundtrack, but had no idea all those songs from him werent originals. Very odd. I apologize for my ignorance. Hopefully GT7's soundtrack is entirely original.
Yeah, hopefully, since we're living in the era of streaming and playing a game with licensed music on while streaming will get you DMCA'd. It's probably also why FM7 went with an all-original soundtrack as well.

Back