Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,189 comments
Something I noticed in the Brembo trailer. If you look at the wheel reflection on the floor you will notice the reflection using very low LOD quality. Probably it's the direct result of trying to optimized RT quality. Increase the reflection resolution by simplifying geometry.

Capture2.JPG

Here is the comparison from the first reveal trailer. You can see that the reflection is using higher geometry. Also, the top bar UX design changed a lot.

Capture1.JPG

Last edited:
Also, the PS Showcase and Brembo trailers reveals a date of which the trailers/screenshots were captured, which may or may not relate to build progress:

PS Showcase: August 20-21 (trailer), September 2 (GT.com)
Brembo: October 1 (trailer), October 4 (GT.com)

The 2020 announcement trailer does not show a date so it's impossible to judge when where that one was captured, or which build date it was.

Last edited:
I sort of doubt it. Which is probably for the best, for the sort of audience Gran Turismo is targeted at I think it could be a real struggle to get them to learn that the reason why their brakes didnt work on that corner is that they were too cold. That's pure sim-racing territory, and just doesn't seem that fun for someone who only wants to jump in a race and go fast.

It's a shame that they end up appropriating real world engineering terms for what will at best probably end up being a braking grip multiplier and more likely end up being a brake bias unlock with no change in the driving physics of the car, but understandable for the type of game they're trying to create.
I’m not sure if there is a brake icon in the HUD, but would make sense if there is a heat meter, like the tyres and the grip percentage for the track surface, as shown in the reveal trailer footage.

Something I noticed in the Brembo trailer. If you look at the wheel reflection on the floor you will notice the reflection using very low LOD quality. Probably it's the direct result of trying to optimized RT quality. Increase the reflection resolution by simplifying geometry.

View attachment 1085000

Here is the comparison from the first reveal trailer. You can see that the reflection is using higher geometry. Also, the top bar UX design changed a lot.

View attachment 1085001
The top bar thing (taskbar?) is also different too.
Im wondering if the the reflection geometry is going to be dependent on what system you are playing GT7 on.

View attachment 1085000

View attachment 1085001
I hope there is an option to turn off raytracing in the menus tbh. That scene didn't even look like it was running above 30FPS, along with stutters. Those performance issues, and the poor LOD's in the reflection will be way more noticeable than the actual raytracing.

i should say first it's fully personal assumption
but i think pd had already modelled brake temperatures in the gt sport physics, they just hold it up or tune the effect to none to avoid confusion since we already have pretty much to think about during the races.

we know years before kaz showed a physics debug UI with cars running down various circuits,link here first:

the running clips are played at around 56:30-1:00:30 of the video, you may check it yourself

thanks to the poor recording quality we can't read any letter on the UI, but as personally I could guess around all the things with the car running as normal, so here is my assumption:
微信截图_20211009114747.png

微信截图_20211009114737.png

微信截图_20211009114730.png

check the video itself would make my point more clear imo, u may notice the changes of values by color
but all in all, its fully personal, any other thoughts welcome

but i think pd had already modelled brake temperatures in the gt sport physics, they just hold it up or tune the effect to none to avoid confusion since we already have pretty much to think about during the races.
Let's be honest, the actual calculations to do basic brake temperature modelling are trivial to do to a level that would be acceptable for a game like Gran Turismo. This isn't an F1 simulator, it's a bare-bones sim that's trying to stay as accessible as possible.

But yeah, they've had the tech for a while in game. They use it to choose how bright to make the brake discs glow. That's it. They could take that data and use it to modify the performance of the brakes as well, which isn't trivial but isn't necessarily complex to do to a basic standard that would be good enough for most GT players. But it's unlikely, because there seems no particular reason why they would want to implement this added gameplay complexity now rather than at any point in the last 20 years of having glowing brake discs.

Something I noticed in the Brembo trailer was yet another collection, this time focused on the Toyota 86. This potentially changes things, whereas before hand, I had doubted that there would be collections based on a single model, and instead, I had thought that most if not all collections would try to include as wide of a variety of automakers as possible. But with this new collection based on the Toyota 86, I think that opens up quite a few possibilities. Heck, I don't think we even know if all collections will only have three cars like we've seen so far, or perhaps more.

For example, I could definitely see there being a four-car collection with the Nissan Skyline GT-R, which could include the original KPGC10, the R32, R33, and R34, as the release date trailer sort of implied. But with the 86, we have quite a few models bearing that monicker. That said, I can almost guarantee one of the cars in that collection will be the new GR 86, as well as the original Sprinter Trueno. As for what the third car will be, or if there might be more than three, I can't say I'd know. If there are truly only three in this particular collection, I'd personally pick the Toyota 86 GT '15, as it's the relatively basic version of the newly-revived 86. The 86 GRMN, 86 GT Limited '16, and the Corolla Levin could all simply be other cars that aren't necessarily part of the collection. Or who knows, maybe all six cars will be in the collection!

I also had another idea. What if there were collections featuring specific coachbuilders?

Pininfarina
Ferrari 458 Italia
Maserati GranTurismo S
Cisitalia 202 GT*
Pininfarina Battista*

Zagato
Alfa Romeo TZ3 Stradale
Zagato IsoRivolta GTZ*
Aston Martin DB4 Zagato*

Bertone
Lancia Stratos
Lamborghini Countach LP400
Iso Grifo*

Italdesign Giugiaro
Isuzu Piazza
DMC DeLorean
Nissan GT-R50*
Italdesign Zerouno*

* = If added. Not only that, but I think it would be highly appropriate for Gran Turismo if these cars were added. Especially the Cisitalia 202 GT, which was the first car to be added to the MoMA's collection - and a car I saw there myself recently!

EDIT: Another thing I'm glad about is how it seems that the Ford GT Race Car '17 is the IMSA version. I'd love to see the Corvette C8.R and the BMW M8 racecar, too - as well as their road-going versions - though I don't mind if they're the GTLM or GTE versions. No, what I'm more interested in, is the larger possibility of DPi/LMDh cars coming to GT, as this would have profound implications on Gr.1, allowing tons of automakers both representation in Gr.1, and for other automakers to have alternative options within that group. I must say, Cadillac and Acura stand out as possible automakers from the DPi era, while Mazda and Nissan could obtain alternative options from the same era. Then there's LMDh, where it seems that tons of automakers want to get on-board, including BMW and even Lamborghini. That's before we get into LMH cars, such as Ferrari's return to prototype racing after at least 20 years!

Last edited:
On this subject. I'm not saying there will be an actual 'partnership' with IMSA, and this post is purely speculation on my part. As such I recommend readers take what I say with a grain of salt. I know I don't have the concrete answers.

It at least 'seems' (italics aren't working for me right now) to me that there is at least 'some' content coming to the game that has connections with IMSA. Here's my speculation points:

* Daytona is coming back. That much has been confirmed, however literally nothing so far about NASCAR or other oval-specific cars in GT7, at least at this time. The Rolex 24H is the biggest race that the road course hosts, and it happens to be part of the IMSA Endurance Cup.

* Road Atlanta being found in the code of GT Sport. I kinda saw the possibility of it coming to the series being higher ever since the Michelin partnership featured the North America branch in the live stuff, who now also own the circuit. A bit of a side note but JP Montoya was driving a Michelin liveried Honda NSX Gr.3 at that live event. He was driving for Acura Team Penske at the time in real life, but besides that nothing particularly of note to do with this topic.

* Watkins Glen was found added a couple of minor updates ago too. That means that 3 of the 4 tracks featured on the IMSA Endurance Cup calendar have been found in the GT Sport code, and in Daytona's case in GT7's circuit menu too.

* The missing track to get all 4 of the IMSA Endurance Cup tracks, is Sebring, which has no concrete evidence outside of this speculation (which isn't concrete either, hence it's speculation) of showing up.

* Now this is going VERY far back, and as I can't find the source don't quote me on this, but I recall there being some news (maybe something from a GTP article, I can't remember) that PD were at one of the IMSA races (Possibly the 2018 Rolex 24H Daytona) scanning and getting images of several GTLM, and even DPi cars. You'd think PD would probably have scanned a WEC Ford GT given their FIA connection, but as soon as I saw that this was the IMSA GTLM version it got me thinking back to what I heard, and if that news about PD scanning multiple IMSA cars has some substance. This might still not be the case however, and this Ford GTLM might be a one-off as RACECAR mentioned with the Lexus RC F.

That's pretty much all of the jigsaw pieces of speculation I could find regarding IMSA stuff and GT7. There's quite a few things, but again nothing is ever concrete until we see it in the game for ourselves.
Make of this speculation what you guys will. Remember it is just speculation. I don't have the answers.
Daytona at night on PS5 should look marvelous

The anniversary edition started to be sold on the Brazilian Amazon. I couldn't see if it got to be in first place, but as we can see at that moment that I post is in excellent position.

View attachment 1085293
Got this screenshot earlier today. Kind of impressed GT7 is doing that well here in Brazil, especially with the 25th Anniversary edition. Absolute best seller for this week, I presume.

856fda06-6779-47a9-b5d1-1f54523eee97.jpg

Last edited:
Question: in GT5 & GT6, what was the grid line up that included the Alfa DTM and R34 JGTC Skyline, as seen in the trailer?
What 20 cars might be in such a grid? I can’t recall. Curious.

Last edited:
i should say first it's fully personal assumption

we know years before kaz showed a physics debug UI with cars running down various circuits,link here first:

the running clips are played at around 56:30-1:00:30 of the video, you may check it yourself

thanks to the poor recording quality we can't read any letter on the UI, but as personally I could guess around all the things with the car running as normal, so here is my assumption:
View attachment 1085102
View attachment 1085103
View attachment 1085104
check the video itself would make my point more clear imo, u may notice the changes of values by color
but all in all, its fully personal, any other thoughts welcome

If the game has such a strong physics engine underneath it, why does it feel soo bad in GT Sport?

Edit: I feel like GT7 needs a hardcore mode with all these features enabled for those who really want a challenge.

Last edited:
Im curious to see what the difference between "simulation based PP" and actual PP is going to be in the final game.
Kaz mentioned in an interview that when a setting is changed, a simulation is ran on that car on a virtual course to predict the PP of the setting, to more accurately represent the cars PP value.

Sadly seems like wishful thinking if we look at recent co-operations like Michelin or KW which both brought nothing to the came except a few logos.
What are you saying? They’re not still working on the Michelin’s new tire model for GT Sport??!

Meanwhile, still waiting on details for Southeast Asian physical pre-orders for the game, even though I'm not doing that.

Last edited:
Got this screenshot earlier today. Kind of impressed GT7 is doing that well here in Brazil, especially with the 25th Anniversary edition. Absolute best seller for this week, I presume.

View attachment 1085316
I think gt7 is sucessifully tugging at people's nostalgia.Even with the market for racing games being more spread out today,people still remember the time GT was the only big boy on the block.

If the game has such a strong physics engine underneath it, why does it feel soo bad in GT Sport?

Edit: I feel like GT7 needs a hardcore mode with all these features enabled for those who really want a challenge.
Yep. I want a Sunday cup or FF cup in an extreme hardcore mode. Cars tuned right up to the pp limit. Not just left for newbies races. I hate how the hard races are dull GT3 racing cars etc.

Yep. I want a Sunday cup or FF cup in an extreme hardcore mode. Cars tuned right up to the pp limit. Not just left for newbies races. I hate how the hard races are dull GT3 racing cars etc.
Like games such as GT2 or GT3 (for drivetrain ones... Sunday Cup pretty much has the likes of Clubman Cup as next level one). I do want for as many events to contain different levels of car performance, from low level perfomance, mid, and finally high level of that car type, like those 2 games, but also improved of course. Like for example in another drivetrain, MR event can be divided into low (MR-S level), mid (BMW i8 level), and high tier (FXX level).

1633892285858.png

Hi folks Ok what I know about GT7 is basically next to nothing,
I was an avid fan of GT up to GT6 which wasn't much good and GTS which I hated and threw in the bin after a week or so of owning it,
Does anyone know if GT7 is going to be like GTS or revert back to the best GT games like 3 and 4?
Is it more online racing or is there the more A-Spec racing where it is you and the game and online doesn't even have to come in to it?
I am hoping but I know it is a dream for it to have the Driveclub style sprints and a global leaderboard for such things, Is there?

Hi folks Ok what I know about GT7 is basically next to nothing,
I was an avid fan of GT up to GT6 which wasn't much good and GTS which I hated and threw in the bin after a week or so of owning it,
Does anyone know if GT7 is going to be like GTS or revert back to the best GT games like 3 and 4?
Is it more online racing or is there the more A-Spec racing where it is you and the game and online doesn't even have to come in to it?
I am hoping but I know it is a dream for it to have the Driveclub style sprints and a global leaderboard for such things, Is there?
I hope we get B-Spec mode, 360 degree chase cam, track editor and VR support.... Any likely?

Like games such as GT2 or GT3 (for drivetrain ones... Sunday Cup pretty much has the likes of Clubman Cup as next level one). I do want for as many events to contain different levels of car performance, from low level perfomance, mid, and finally high level of that car type, like those 2 games, but also improved of course. Like for example in another drivetrain, MR event can be divided into low (MR-S level), mid (BMW i8 level), and high tier (FXX level).

View attachment 1085450
In a way yes but much harder and I want the low powered races to be hard.
I hate they associate hard difficulty with higher power, I want harder difficulty on OEM cars Sunday cup races.
If I want a new sports eggsauce that add 3bhp for my 1990s JDM shizzbox, I want to have to work hard for it in a clubman cup race and win. That's the best part of GT, the beginning bit. It's just over within a few hours and races become dull with race cars been the extreme.

Last edited:
Back