Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 38,938 comments
As

Whilst I agree that the list is very sketchy I really wouldn't use a Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo/any game company quote as proof/evidence of something. They constantly go back on/change their promises/plans.

Well, any company really. Not just in gaming.
My post was a counterpoint about the "imminence" of Gran Turismo 7 for the PC, proposed by @Vspectra.
However, in the not too near future, it's another story...

Last edited:
The better GT gets, the more reasons Sony has to retain its exclusivity if it wants to maximise console sales IMHO.
You say that as if there wouldn't be an absolute bull rush to buy a PC version of GT7, considering that a fair few PC sim racers would be at least willing to take a dip on the newest iteration of a game series they grew up playing on, which ultimately would benefit Sony and Polyphony far more then keeping it shackled to one console ecosystem. Hell, it might even add some more dollars to Polyphony's coffers, with how many people here like to plead PD's poverty.

The fact of the matter is that GT on PC would be a no brainer idea, especially considering what tricks Polyphony could do with PC specific graphics settings. That Forza has already done the jump, and succeeded and made both platforms relatively happy, shows that there's really no downside to doing it, especially considering that Sony have already maximized PS5 sales by virtue of being the hottest thing since sliced bread.

But of course, it's strictly speaking in hypotheticals, considering that Kaz is devoted to the Playstation brand, and he has enough cache to veto any move from Sony themselves to diversify the series, either by making an arcade title with free-roam, or by making a PC version of a GT game.

You say that as if there wouldn't be an absolute bull rush to buy a PC version of GT7
Not at all, mate. I say that, as I stated, in the context of Sony's wanting to keep the console line alive / maximise profits therefrom.

I'm not arguing the PC-route viability at all. Simply pointing out that the more-attractive the game becomes to all and sundry, the greater an asset it becomes to extending the life / concept of consoles overall and of course Playstation specifically.

If only a small portion of that bull rush you speak of buys into the Playstaton ecosystem for GT, it's a win both for PS and the longevity of the concept of dedicated-console gaming.

IMHO of course; we can agree to disagree. I see it as potentially-invaluable in Sony's eyes in this regard. I for one don't want consoles to die 'cause I only play 1 game - GT. Therefore I only buy 1 console - PS, and not a PC.

Cheers man.

Last edited:
I really don't think they need GT to sell systems any more. PS4 sold in record numbers in the 4 years it took for PD to release a game on it and I do t recall any big spike when it finally did.

I'm sure there are still many people like the above simian buying a ps because of GT but it doesn't seem to be a big driving force any more, pun intended.

Ha!

Pun more-relevant than you'd have expected too - I'm still using my original Driving Force, bought for, IIRC, $80 AU retail. When I raced online in GT6 all my buddies had a hard time believing that I was still using one. One of the wheel buttons no longer works (Nitrous), but other than that, it's still goin' and I love the 180º DoR.

That said, you have to really look after something so-cheap in order to still be able to use it 20 years on. Driving only with socks and no shoes must've helped too 'cause I doubt the plastic pedals would've held up otherwise.:gtpflag:

i buy ps5 just for gt and i dont think there're decent possibilities the gt franchise got perfect ports with all features to pc so i dont put any thoughts on what if gt pc ports.

A GT game on pc would just be amazing. I don't even own a pc (yet), the possibilities would be insane. Can you imagine GT getting a mod community like Assetto Corsa? That would be the dream.

A GT game on pc would just be amazing. I don't even own a pc (yet), the possibilities would be insane. Can you imagine GT getting a mod community like Assetto Corsa? That would be the dream.
Modding, if anything, will be near impossible since GT7 has even no offline save to prevent cheating as said by Kaz himself. Perhaps that could happen in the future though if GT dropped the FIA partnership, which makes the subsequent games less restrictive in regards of saving data and maybe includes the possibility of releasing the game to PC

Last edited:
Modding, if anything, will be near impossible since GT7 has even no offline save to prevent cheating as said by Kaz himself. Perhaps that could happen in the future though if GT dropped the FIA partnership, which makes the subsequent games less restrictive in regards of saving data and maybe includes the possibility of releasing the game to PC
If people could create private WoW servers, I hardly think an online only save system in GT will prove an obstacle. If people want to hack or mod the game, they will. Polyphony can probably stop modders from being online, but they're unlikely to be able to stop offline modded games. Nor would there be any point in them spending time on such a thing, if people want to do stuff to their own game offline then best of luck to them.

The better GT gets, the more reasons Sony has to retain its exclusivity if it wants to maximise console sales IMHO.
God of War had its best iteration yet, sold 20 million (doubled GTSport) and is now coming to PC. Console game sales dry out eventually and did its job as a console launch exclusive. A PC port for any game will maximize sales further on a new ecosystem, which is ultimately what companies want.

Hermen Hulst: Horizon Zero Dawn has been very successful. I think it shows there’s an appetite from gamers outside the PlayStation ecosystem to experience the amazing portfolio of games that PlayStation fans have enjoyed for years… But we do value PC gamers, and we’ll continue to look at the right times to launch each game. And that’s the goal — we want to reach new gamers who haven’t yet experienced the great stories, characters, and worlds that we’ve built.

Screenshot 2021-10-21 at 9.32.40 PM.png

mmmmmmmm:drool:

1634823887785.png

Sl Coupe '64

1634824019200.png

Polo GTI '14

1634824059792.png

MINI Clubman (appears to not be the VGT concept, and an actual street car instead)

1634824244834.png

BMW M6 Sprint & Endurance model.

1634824340494.png

McLaren F1 GTR Race Car '97 (Long Tail)

1634824497112.png

Spyder Type 550

1634826800169.png

911 Carrera RS (993) 96'

(Also, looks like an early 70's 911 to the left, but can't verify it.)

Last edited:
I'm copy/pasting someone else's screenshots.

Neat, the 911 Carrera RS is back and I guess I can convince myself for certain that the blue car discussed on the car list is the 550 Spyder. Because it's listed here. and I do my eyes trick me? because I see a 911 Carrera RS 964 to the left of the 993.
1634824125850.png

EDIT: EEEEE, the longtail is back!
1634824280287.png

Last edited:
Lots of cars spotted in the trailer! Saw the AMG GTR, the McLaren F1 GTR Longtail, Polo GTI '14 version and a lot of new Porsches....
AMG GTR and Mclaren F1 GTR Long Tail? WHERE?! o_O

EDIT. OH YEAH I see it.

I wonder if we will see 911 GT1 and Panoz GTR

Last edited:
Back