Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 38,938 comments
If covered silhouettes suppose to represent actual cars in the game, I wonder what is that prototype-looking car on a 2nd level
View attachment 1087871
Something from Le Mans, with steep front wheelarch bulges and very flat side pods, not curvy like the GT-One (which I still definitely expect at some point). Looks to be a Nissan of some sort, it's a very similar shape to the R92CP, but that car has no reason to hide, being confirmed. It has a low rear end like the R390, but it looks sharper and older... R90C? R85V? Maybe not even a Nissan, but my money's on something from 85-90.

I believe it was this:
View attachment 1087857

Links look to line up. Discord saved the hyperlink that was posted into a chat I'm in.
Do not believe ANYTHING from that account, they're notorious for joining Twitter group convos and PSN groups/communities then pretending to be a Gran Turismo dev. They will then will proceed to make multiple unsubstantiated claims/predictions and attacks anyone who questions the veracity of their claims, then try to have them removed from said groups/communities.

Last edited:
I didn't expect to see another GT7 video today. It's the gift that keeps on giving - there are soo many great cars coming to the game and no stone has been left unturned. There's something for everyone and that's exactly what we want. GT icons, classic race cars, modern hatchbacks, modern sports cars, cult cars and even a Jeep. Yes there are games with better physics and better tracks but nothing compares to the GT ownership experience, and that's what excites me the most.

Last edited:
After so many great news i pushed the button and preorder the GT 7 25th Aniversary deluxe edition!!! I feel that will be a "Gran Turismo 4" for high end technology of PS5!!! I can't wait for new game trailers from PD!!! First time that i bought a GT only in digital form...

Last edited:
More cars and tracks are good. Some good selections as well, but picks like the 1988 M3 are a bit redundant. I hope it takes less modelling effort than a new car from scratch.

More cosmetic upgrade options on the cars are good but lets be honest - if you had to guess five cars that PD would prioritise for cosmetic parts, you'd guess an NSX and a Skyline

Did he say anything about racers though? He just said players who like to drive cars fast
Bruh we get it you're a racer...

But yes he mentions controlling high performance machines, we know he's a bit advocate for the World Tour and competitive racing, It's not going away

I didn't expect to see another GT7 video today. It's the gift that keeps on giving - there are soo many great cars coming to the game and no stone has been left unturned. There's something for everyone and that's exactly what we want. GT icons, classic race cars, modern hatchbacks, modern sports cars, cult cars and even a Jeep. Yes there are games with better physics and better tracks but nothing compares to the GT ownership experience, and that's what excites me the most.
Well, there's the Forza series pretty much doing everything GT does while also being better in some aspects. The only thing unique GT has going for it anymore is its presentation: chill menu music, nice UIs (even if a bit clunky at times), and cool trailers. Even the graphics aren't anything too special now. Still love the series though of course, it's just that the mechanics have fallen in line with what other series are easily capable of and more.

I say it again, I'm surprised we still getting news about GT7. I thought it would get quiet after the Playstation showcase and we would get news like one or two months before release.

Wonder when the next bit of news/trailer pop up, maybe an anniversary trailer in December?

I say it again, I'm surprised we still getting news about GT7. I thought it would get quiet after the Playstation showcase and we would get news like one or two months before release.

Wonder when the next bit of news/trailer pop up, maybe an anniversary trailer in December?
.. Maybe still next moth, on release date of horizon 5 ^^
snd i hope for a highlight with a demo in december.

Last edited:
possibility of more GT7 news? i know im getting desperate but just mayyybe a little info in the showcase
09F52A21-1503-4B32-9326-AE27D462E4A6.png
announcement of the showcase here

Something from Le Mans, with steep front wheelarch bulges and very flat side pods, not curvy like the GT-One (which I still definitely expect at some point). Looks to be a Nissan of some sort, it's a very similar shape to the R92CP, but that car has no reason to hide, being confirmed. It has a low rear end like the R390, but it looks sharper and older... R90C? R85V? Maybe not even a Nissan, but my money's on something from 85-90.
If we're going back to library of cars from previous games, R89C comes to mind...

1634914734612.png

1989 IMSA Jaguar XJR10? Comes REALLY close to matching the shape of that mystery prototype in the back. The position of the mirrors seem to also be correct, as you can see it distorting the shape under the tarp.

1634914813265.png
?

Last edited:
Did he say anything about racers though? He just said players who like to drive cars fast
I feel like racers are reasonably implied to be included in the group of "people who like to drive cars fast" when so much of the footage is racing cars on racing tracks. It's not like all they're going to do is add Route X, Route XXL and Routh OMGLARGE and say "that's for the people who like driving fast". Unless they remove all AI and competitive modes, there will be stuff for racers.

How many cars is left that we don't know what it is, around 40ish cars now?
Due to the trailer only glancing at the German cars selection in a background video besides the revealed 2J, A220, and C4 Corvette, there's probably many more from other territories.

We could still receive another trailer at least within the next month or two. They might still reveal more new cars we have yet to see if there are more hidden and the possibility of a new track (new or returning).

So, the typical strategy? Most car lists aren't finalized until way closer to release date, sometimes even the month of.
Which is usually because of licensing not being finalized. Look at what happened to Forza Horizon 5 for example and how a lot of Fiat brands just dissappeared despite them having been present and seen in previous gameplay footage.

Or a more local example: GT Sport and the Lotus debacle. The Evora was literally playable in the Closed Beta but Lotus just cancelled on the final GT Sport and never came back.

Last edited:
Back