Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,280 comments
I still find 420 Cars are not enough...For the start of the Game.
I have thoughts like that too, but it seems that it's just similar to Forza. Forza Motorsport 3 was stated as having "over 400 cars" (and later reaching 495), while later Forza Motorsport 4 was stated as having "over 500 cars" (and later reaching 665).

And Forza Motorsport 6, after coming off on 5 (which also reduced the car list for quality like GTS, to around 200. later reaching 325, where GTS reached 336), was stated as having "over 450 cars" (later reaching 594).

Don't we all. That's why Polyphony will need to be more aggressive in their post-launch support through game updates (such as adding in more cars and tracks, especially at a larger volume than in GT Sport). It could take time to build cars and tracks for the game, and we don't know to what extent Polyphony may be outsourcing.

In GT Sport's credits, I read there are at least 17 names in the "car modeling" section, and 56 names in the "car modeling artist" section, don't know if this makes any difference or if this is ever the same.

If like, say, Polyphony has 50 employees in the car modeling team, and it takes six months to build one car for the PS5 alone (one person is in charge of one car), it would mean that they could potentially finish up to 100 cars in a year at most, but well, Covid and restrictions per country slowed everything down. Just imagine if they all outsourced someone, or a group to work on the models, in which the finished models would take three months instead of six, that could mean 200 cars in a year.

If their intent is to add a single model of each JGTC/Super GT to leave it up to players to fill the field with livery editor(and I absolutely hope to all heavens that they include each individual year model as well) then I really wish they would at the very least add the different wheel options for the various teams to make them more legit.
I sure hope Polyphony would give us certain real-life licensed liveries as part of the default color selection in Arcade Mode and Brand Central (just like in the Project CARS series) if this was the purpose behind renaming most of the race cars, and that more real-life liveries get added via DLC through game updates. This is not just only for JGTC/Super GT but for almost every real-world race car featured in GT7. Good thing in GT Sport, headlight colors and custom wheels are part of livery creation, so I hope the extra liveries in the color selection would change things like the wheels fitted, tire branding and headlight colors, besides sticker placement.

I have thoughts like that too, but it seems that it's just similar to Forza. Forza Motorsport 3 was stated as having "over 400 cars" (and later reaching 495), while later Forza Motorsport 4 was stated as having "over 500 cars" (and later reaching 665).

And Forza Motorsport 6, after coming off on 5 (which also reduced the car list for quality like GTS, to around 200. later reaching 325, where GTS reached 336), was stated as having "over 450 cars" (later reaching 594).
Here's the thing, Forza has a different post-launch support strategy (featuring a "car pass" that covers seven months of paid DLC consisting of seven cars each), expansions, mostly paid stuff. Another is, in the case back then, with Motorsports 3, 4, 5 and 6, their DLC support only lasted less than a year (eleven months at best). GT7 is likely going to be long-term like GT Sport, so who knows how many cars we'll end up getting (we could get a huge number of cars at the end of GT7's lifespan).

Last edited:
If their intent is to add a single model of each JGTC/Super GT to leave it up to players to fill the field with livery editor(and I absolutely hope to all heavens that they include each individual year model as well) then I really wish they would at the very least add the different wheel options for the various teams to make them more legit.
Their intent is simply to save resources, taking advantage of an existing feature, such as the livery editor. Then those resources can be used elsewhere. We also don't need every model year of the same race car, as they become redundant. Update the classes every 4 or 5 yeas maybe, or simply choose unique models from each brand. Other than that, it's not worth not getting GT300 cars just to get more different model years of the same GT500 car.

It's not just about the number, it's also about the content itself. 420 looks like a big number, but, depending on anyone's preferences, the car list might be good or bad. FH5 has 500-something cars, but they are mainly road cars, which players that have a preference for race cars may not like as much, while players who prefer road cars will love it. GT7, without focusing on one thing, will always fall short on both categories. But, there's hope that afterwards we will get updates with more content. The list has been shaping up nicely, although of course there are a huge amount of cars missing yet.

M Power and Walkenhorst are not just different in livery... they did have different models for the fender vents and spotlights...
Not only those.
The endurance model has headlight protection films, air intake meshes, additional GPS transmitters and antennas, additional parts on the center panel etc...

Don't we all. That's why Polyphony will need to be more aggressive in their post-launch support through game updates (such as adding in more cars and tracks, especially at a larger volume than in GT Sport). It could take time to build cars and tracks for the game, and we don't know to what extent Polyphony may be outsourcing.

In GT Sport's credits, I read there are at least 17 names in the "car modeling" section, and 56 names in the "car modeling artist" section, don't know if this makes any difference or if this is ever the same.

If like, say, Polyphony has 50 employees in the car modeling team, and it takes six months to build one car for the PS5 alone (one person is in charge of one car), it would mean that they could potentially finish up to 100 cars in a year at most, but well, Covid and restrictions per country slowed everything down. Just imagine if they all outsourced someone, or a group to work on the models, in which the finished models would take three months instead of six, that could mean 200 cars in a year.

I sure hope Polyphony would give us certain real-life licensed liveries as part of the default color selection in Arcade Mode and Brand Central (just like in the Project CARS series) if this was the purpose behind renaming most of the race cars, and that more real-life liveries get added via DLC through game updates. This is not just only for JGTC/Super GT but for almost every real-world race car featured in GT7. Good thing in GT Sport, headlight colors and custom wheels are part of livery creation, so I hope the extra liveries in the color selection would change things like the wheels fitted, tire branding and headlight colors, besides sticker placement.

Here's the thing, Forza has a different post-launch support strategy (featuring a "car pass" that covers seven months of paid DLC consisting of seven cars each), expansions, mostly paid stuff. Another is, in the case back then, with Motorsports 3, 4, 5 and 6, their DLC support only lasted less than a year (eleven months at best). GT7 is likely going to be long-term like GT Sport, so who knows how many cars we'll end up getting (we could get a huge number of cars at the end of GT7's lifespan).

I guess we can reach 650 to 800 cars by end of GT7 lifespan, who knows... We'll see!

She looks beautiful.

unknown.png

Not apricot hill. Hairpin is similar, chicane goes the complete wrong way.
(EDIT) possible they've completely mutilated the layout to suit FIA needs, but still unlikely.

Last edited:
Both together, but it's at an angle (not from straight up)
Apricot Hill doesn't look like either of those though.

Unless it has been radically reworked, the approach to the chicane is from the wrong side (and it's too severe and too long between the apexes), and the approach and exit of the hairpin is wildly different.

Of course we can't rule out massive changes, but High Speed Ring has been barely changed, Deep Forest looks almost the same but with a couple of minor differences, and Trial Mountain has changed only in the length of the two straights and the angle of Turn 4 and the final chicane. It would be weird to see Apricot Hill coming in with corners literally going the wrong way.

First half of the track?
What, that first, sweeping left turn is now a chicane?

Last edited:
Apricot Hill doesn't look like either of those though.

Unless it has been radically reworked, the approach to the chicane is from the wrong side (and it's too severe and too long between the apexes), and the approach and exit of the hairpin is wildly different.

Of course we can't rule out massive changes, but High Speed Ring has been barely changed, Deep Forest looks almost the same but with a couple of minor differences, and Trial Mountain has changed only in the length of the two straights and the angle of Turn 4 and the final chicane. It would be weird to see Apricot Hill coming in with corners literally going the wrong way.

What, that first, sweeping left turn is now a chicane?
I think you're looking at it different than me and @silverman_GT are. To me it looks like a perfect match

Not even sure what chicane you are talking about. Because what I would consider 'The chicane' on Apricot Hill isn't even on the outline

Last edited:
Which bit is supposed to be Apricot Hill?

View attachment 1089853

View attachment 1089854
Every line in this trailer is Apricot Hill. Some of them are just distorded because they're shown from a weird angle but we've analysed it, all Apricot Hill. Even the red and blue line in the last shot is, it's the bit which connects these 2 pictures at the top (but the green is ran in reverse and the red/blue in regular direction). The Green line with the 917 in the background earlier in the video is a clear depiction on the last sector, which connect these 2 pictures at the bottom.

Your 2 pictures are these :

unknown.png

Last edited:
Definitely not Apricot Hill(atleast resembling close to what we had before) the Main straight isn't there, I'm betting it's a new original or a Real track.

Back