Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 38,926 comments
PD probably noticed that EVERYONE figured out the Deep Forest puzzle last week and thought "Lets make this as difficult as possible for them this time to guess the track correctly." :lol:

That's exactly what I thought as well. They even made the lines flow in reverse!

The angle of the lines do make it harder to figure out, but yeah, I'm in the crowd that does think it's Apricot Hill.

It would be funny if someone involved in that trailer thought "yo that teaser we did for Deep Forest looked way too easy, let's tilt the lines for Apricot Hill to make our fans second guess. And oh, let's make the lines flow in reverse to give them a bit of a headache" :lol:

She looks beautiful.

unknown.png

Barring the nitpick on the weight measurement (Weight : 1,010 lbs :odd: yes I know it's supposed to be kilos, hence why it's a nitpick :P), all I can say is HOT DAMN!! 🔥🔥

Barring the nitpick on the weight measurement (Weight : 1,010 lbs :odd: yes I know it's supposed to be kilos, hence why it's a nitpick :P)
To be fair, it's pretty lightweight for a car that's 150 feet long, 45 wide, and 57 feet high... That said, even at that featherweight level I don't think having just 30ftlb of torque is going to move it very far.

This is clearly from the 2020 build, which also had outlandish measurements for the Toyota 86 GT.

Don't know why it feels wrong for me to care about the amount of cars, longing for the GT car amount in GT2 and GT4 (like it affects events too, various missions such as 1 Lap Magic requires huge amount of cars which GT4 can achieve due to the numbers)... But what can I say is that they should keep adding cars, without stopping (no rushing though). Aim for both quality and quantity if can; both can co-exist y'know. And if there are no different quality cars, I'd hope the thought of "the game has too many cars" never come like a petition to remove a chunk of them or such.

Contrary to popular belief, in GT5-GT6, the Premiums usually have no duplicates, like for road Skyline GT-R there's only R32 V-spec II '94, R33 V-Spec '97, and R34 V-spec II Nur '02. So the one that they actually worked on is the small amount, where others are Standards that are ported as well as regional merge.
The complaints about quality over quantity made sense back in GT5 and GT6, where there were standard and premium cars. Now, with every car at the same level of detail, that does not apply, so the more cars, the better. With outsourcing, they should be able to add more cars and faster, than they could before.

Also the "more than 400 cars" in today's trailer isn't really a surprise either. I would be surprised if they stated that there were nearly 500 or 500+ cars. And given the older build footage, we don't know how old the video is.

They appear to be using these trailers to reveal new tracks rather than cars. Though we got some new confirmations of returning cars, from GTS.
Ehh, reveal yes but it's just a graphic. I wouldn't say that they're even confirming the track in the game. They're just using it as a visual graphic to enhance the video. The cars that show, are actually represented in game.
Light path sequence forming the 'esses" and the straight of Apricot Hill. (The hairpin, as I compared earlier, is very evident). In my opinion.

View attachment 1089906
View attachment 1089907
View attachment 1089908
View attachment 1089911
This is really the only piece of evidence required for this to be proven lol

Last edited:
I've just noticed something – in the "Starting Line" video, Kaz mentioned four different ways to enjoy GT7 which included racing, collecting cars, designing liveries, and taking photos via Photo Mode/Scapes.

Since the latest trailer talks about collecting cars, my guess is that there will be at least three more "behind-the-scenes" videos about the remaining themes coming soon.

I've just noticed something – in the "Starting Line" video, Kaz mentioned four different ways to enjoy GT7 which included racing, collecting cars, designing liveries, and taking photos via Photo Mode/Scapes.

Since the latest trailer talks about collecting cars, my guess is that there will be at least three more "behind-the-scenes" videos about the remaining themes coming soon.
I was just about to comment that. Maybe next Tuesday or Thursday we'll get something related to livery editing, racing or taking photos. Basically it feels like there are at least 3 episodes left.

One thing that people haven't really mentioned is aftermarket wheels. In GTS, most of the wheels available on real race cars are available in the shop, and with GT7's inclusion of the Alfa 155 it might mean that GT7 includes new aftermarket wheels. To me that's a big deal because the Alfa and others - CLK GTR, 911 GT1 - are from a different era where wheel design was unique so having access to those wheels in the shop would be pretty great. And a nostalgia throwback as well since many of those wheels were period-correct and offered in GT2.

You get Speedlines, you get Speedlines, everybody gets Speedlines!

Last edited:
The complaints about quality over quantity made sense back in GT5 and GT6, where there were standard and premium cars. Now, with every car at the same level of detail, that does not apply, so the more cars, the better. With outsourcing, they should be able to add more cars and faster, than they could before.

Also the "more than 400 cars" in today's trailer isn't really a surprise either. I would be surprised if they stated that there were nearly 500 or 500+ cars. And given the older build footage, we don't know how old the video is.
Yeah, talking about Forza where there are those who had a petition to cut down the car list, probably due to FM7 not living up to the expectations and blaming the car list as one of the reasons somehow. For it being older footage, while yeah the PP one (with class) definitely screams the first trailer, this one already replace the car stats with the car conditions like in the new trailer....
This is clearly from the 2020 build, which also had outlandish measurements for the Toyota 86 GT.
I hope the Home menu and the Garage background will be change, featuring a (hopefully customizable) garage render.
View attachment 1089927View attachment 1089928
It's always nice to have the non-subtitled versions of the video from other regions. (Taken from the Taiwanese PlayStation Channel)
I wonder what's with the base color of the race cars now being named, like Red for Alfa 155, and some kind of code for the Ferrari.

Please PD let us to make races WITH PP and without foolish group indexing... Alfa Romeo 155 DTM what a strange choice to be in Gr.4.... and for the end Gr. X have many automotive diamonds to race with.... Please let us to race with them in multiclass....

Last edited:

I hope the racing part will showcase primarily improved AI. Also man there are more on car culture, like y'know car exploration (something Forza does), opening doors, hood, trunk, etc. The cutting edge PS5 models are kind of wasted if they don't allow players to do that.

still not super convinced about apricot hill, but if i had to choose one i would choose apricot hill. to be honest i wouldnt be surprised if you have to solve some sort of quadratic equation to know what that track actually is

One thing that people haven't really mentioned is aftermarket wheels. In GTS, most of the wheels available on real race cars are available in the shop, and with GT7's inclusion of the Alfa 155 it might mean that GT7 includes new aftermarket wheels. To me that's a big deal because the Alfa and others - CLK GTR, 911 GT1 - are from a different era where wheel design was unique so having access to those wheels in the shop would be pretty great. And a nostalgia throwback as well since many of those wheels were period-correct and offered in GT2.

You get Speedlines, you get Speedlines, everybody gets Speedlines!
I think how GT4 based it is, would be really great if Daily Special wheels made a return. Truly adapting any wheel to any car. But I'm not sure they would put that kind of effort into it.

I think how GT4 based it is, would be really great if Daily Special wheels made a return. Truly adapting any wheel to any car. But I'm not sure they would put that kind of effort into it.
I feel there would be licensing issues with following how GT4 handled it, since it allowed one to put another brand's hubcaps into another and that doesn't sound like what manufacturers would appreciate.

Lik someone mentioned about an GR.3 F1 situation. Will be interesting how the performance works with the 155 versus the Impreza and Evo. I'm for sure using the 155 forever. Just that, the 155 is lightweight, like the FFs and Slophy. Plus, looks like it'll better downforce than the GR.4 4WDs. Wonder what it's handicap will be.

No doubt there will be certain championships limited by category (e.g. Gr.3), but also certain championships limited by PP

The Alfa Romeo 155 will probably have a Gr.4 BoP, but you won't necessarily be limited to that all the time as other championships may have PP as the balancing unit. I recall on GT6 there being 550 & 600 PP championships for all different types of racecars. They'll probably have something like that again which would allow it to be used closer to its stock non-BoP performance. However for Gr.4 specific events it will be provided with a BoP to bring it closer to the field.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back