Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,335 comments
Given Gran Turismo’s history with Super GT, it’s a safe bet that the 2020 BRZ GT300 was a major inspiration. Heck, could we see the BRZ in GT7? I pray…
View attachment 1089986
could be a good addition.
But I think there are two options.
Whether you choose the original car and use the livery for the other classes too. So you have all cars in the same design, which would be cool.

Or you just stole the livery of a Super GT car and we never see this BRZ...

Hopefully GT7 includes NASCAR seeing that it is scientifically impossible to get a good NASCAR game nowadays. Daytona's inclusion leaves me hopeful.
Even if it did, I don't see how it would be any good for you as a fan. They're never going to include full focus on NASCAR or any individual series. You'd get the cars and a couple of tracks and that'd be about it.

Even if it did, I don't see how it would be any good for you as a fan. They're never going to include full focus on NASCAR or any individual series. You'd get the cars and a couple of tracks and that'd be about it.
Agreed it wouldn't be a full on experience, but it's inclusion in GT5/6 satisfied me quite a bit. To be frank some of the best online racing I've ever experienced came from the high banks of Daytona in those old games.

I really hope that we can fully customize road cars to at least look like Gr.4 style cars. I'd love to buy a GT86 or a Miata and building that up to a racecar that'll handle like a racecar, or at least, close to. Can't wait to get my first car in the game and modifying it like crazy!

Hopefully GT7 includes NASCAR seeing that it is scientifically impossible to get a good NASCAR game nowadays. Daytona's inclusion leaves me hopeful.
If GT7 does include any NASCAR content it will be very thin - something along the lines of Project Cars 2. A single recent-ish stock car and two or three ovals.

I'd be happy with a slight return for NASCAR. Daytona, Northern Isle, Blue Moon Bay, Broad Bean, High Speed Ring could all be fun with a stock car, and with the livery editor and even just a couple of models, we'd could easily end up with a really diverse looking grid, which was one of the biggest problems before IMHO.

I'd be happy with a slight return for NASCAR. Daytona, Northern Isle, Blue Moon Bay, Broad Bean, High Speed Ring could all be fun with a stock car, and with the livery editor and even just a couple of models, we'd could easily end up with a really diverse looking grid, which was one of the biggest problems before IMHO.
Even if it was a spec-styled Gran Turismo original stock car. Would make for some extremely fun online races

If GT7 does include any NASCAR content it will be very thin - something along the lines of Project Cars 2. A single recent-ish stock car and two or three ovals.
I have the game, but didn't get through that part yet... so PC2 also had only thin ones for stock cars, single recent car and 2/3 ovals. GT doesn't really simulates motorsports (though I want for motorsport events like NASCAR Cup), but for a game that simulates motorsports like PC2, wonder how they can be able to simulate NASCAR with that kind of content.
I mean, Gran Turismo is a game that gives an opportunity to drive stock cars in a track that is not usually raced in stock cars like Sarthe.
Even if it was a spec-styled Gran Turismo original stock car. Would make for some extremely fun online races
Formula GT....

Last edited:
For this purpose, I thought they could take the 2011-spec CoT/Gen 5 car and pull what they do to turn the 97T to the F1500T-A, since it nails the generic stock car look (it was a criticism of that generation of NASCAR Cup cars, though it actually can be a good thing for livery creators).

Alsace strikes me as a potential location for a tarmac rally event, either in the style of GT4 where you run the track forwards and reverse once each, or like in GT5 where they had multiple point-to-point stages that were made in the course maker. I'd love to see a return of the rally special events. Colorado Springs even has event art similar to the GT4 rally's that can be seen above the track as you approach the piles of logs.

Is helmet and suit editing confirmed again, I'm hoping so! Best way to design my helmet through this game so would be nice in the next to do the same
I was just about to comment that. Maybe next Tuesday or Thursday we'll get something related to livery editing, racing or taking photos. Basically it feels like there are at least 3 episodes left.

Appreciation post. Mega update!
0F0BB3EA-A87D-4B3B-9911-3991B69F5346.png

35E1D1BC-D1D7-4E01-AA59-218DDBFCE74D.jpeg

Back