Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,379 comments
yeah so it's like I said, just graphical improvements.
The edge of the road has heignt/layers. Look like the crowd are gone and replaced with higher safety barriers.

Edit: About that Super GT in the Group C,look like some classic 90s multi-class and using the slower cars. That's cool!

Last edited:
Date visible on the High Speed Ring scene is 17 September, which means it was captured later.
1635360789941.png

Also, the original scene (mainly the dam part) apparently attracted some attention from console warrior accounts on Twitter, despite the fact it isn't something that the player usually sees. Coincidental?

EDIT: Direct video link

EDIT 2: Better look at Trial Mountain hairpin:
unknown.png

Last edited:
The edge of the road has heignt/layers. Look like the crowd are gone and replaced with higher safety barriers.

Edit: About that Super GT in the Group C,look like some classic 90s multi-class and using the slower cars. That's cool!
It could also just be a mock race for the purpose of the trailer that won’t feature in the final game.
It could also be a Career Event similar to the Japanese 90's Challenge we've had in the past, but for race cars this time (edit: as in Race Car 90's Challenge) . Ten car grids would be a bit disappointing though. Or an overtake challenge in a licence test , as it's only one lap.

Last edited:
It could also just be a mock race for the purpose of the trailer that won’t feature in the final game.
It absolutely is. 10 cars, 1 lap, and it just so happens to include the Alfa recently revealed in the rear view mirror. They're just showing off the cars in a simple manner and means little for the final game, just like all the apparant multi-class racing going on in GTS preview stuff.

Date visible on the High Speed Ring scene is 17 September, which means it was captured later.
View attachment 1090212

Also, the original scene (mainly the dam part) apparently attracted some attention from console warrior accounts on Twitter, despite the fact it isn't something that the player usually sees. Coincidental?

EDIT: Direct video link
Unfortunately, Xbox users can be a toxic bunch, for various reasons. While there's a fair amount of toxic PlayStation users as well, there's whole segments of the Xbox community built around toxicity and flame wars.

Usually they do so by comparing GT7 and FH5. While I don't deny that FH5 looks great, the scopes of both games are different. FH5 is a far more accessible and relaxed game than GT7, despite the basic physics coming from FM.

Unfortunately, Xbox users can be a toxic bunch, for various reasons. While there's a fair amount of toxic PlayStation users as well, there's whole segments of the Xbox community built around toxicity and flame wars.

Usually they do so by comparing GT7 and FH5. While I don't deny that FH5 looks great, the scopes of both games are different. FH5 is a far more accessible and relaxed game than GT7, despite the basic physics coming from FM.
Why would you willingly subject yourself to reading that nonsense?

Last edited:
What’s impossible? If you’re into NASCAR, get a PC and an iRacing account. Done.

Gran Turismo is NOT the solution for you, sorry.
No thanks, and honestly GT5/6 was a solid solution for a few years lol

Last edited:
Well it's still a supposed two lane village road wider than a highway so if they have changed anything it's not to make it any more realistic.

Last edited:
Other new footage bere

Takeaways from here:
  • Super Formula confirmed (at least Honda version)
  • Sonax in, TAG Heuer out from built-in decal list
  • No date on the GT Auto scene's menu bar - changed again? (date wasn't a thing in GTS top menu bar either)

Other new footage bere

terry-birthday.gif

Okay... anyone?

1635373288173.png

Looks like the bottom two could be the final section of Willow Springs if foreshortened (though I don't like the straight before T6) or possibly Tokyo Expressway Central (though I think the "hairpin" is too aggressive).

Good to know the 300 SEL is back. Another sedan. :)
It was in the car collection screen behind Yamauchi in the previous video :D

Last edited:
terry-birthday.gif

Okay... anyone?

View attachment 1090232

Looks like the bottom two could be the final section of Willow Springs if foreshortened (though I don't like the straight before T6) or possibly Tokyo Expressway Central (though I think the "hairpin" is too aggressive).

It was in the car collection screen behind Yamauchi in the previous video :D
Still Deep Forest. Section from the first tunnel to the back "straight", but it's mirrored. Then it's the end of same "straight" into second to last corner (or 3rd to last if you consider the flat out kink). Previous video with Apricot Hill featured the same section multiple times, both as normal and mirrored.

Also these neon lights don't follow the centerline or the edge of the tracks, they seem to kinda simulate a racing line, with secondary lines put on top with a bit of randimization, so they're not fully precise.

Last edited:
YouTube version of this (slightly better video quality):

Okay, this is weird.

I've been watching this video several times and then a funny hypothesis came to my mind. It's definitely not just another video with alternate scenes. There are 2 main things on this video that made me find it really weird:

1 - Audio and video are NOT synchronized, we can see the video is basically brand-new while the audio is the same from the actual/original "Collector" video. Use Yamauchi's lip movements as he speaks for reference and you'll notice it.

2 - This episode is about car collection, right? So what does an SF19 being edited on the livery editor have to do with it? This particular scene takes a serious amount of time of the video, it's not a quick glimpse. The original video shows footage that are much more convincing within the actual theme.

So, there goes my theory. I think they unintentionally leaked the video (without its real audio) from one of the next episodes, and it would probably be called "Livery Designing" or something else. Because nothing is connected on this, from the audio-video desync to the totally meaningless SF19 being edited while Kaz says GT7 will have more than 400 cars.

They just happen to coincidentally have the same time (1:10), so they start & end continuously.

Back