Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,188 comments
So, there goes my theory. I think they unintentionally leaked the video (without its real audio) from one of the next episodes, and it would probably be called "Livery Designing" or something else. Because nothing is connected on this, from the audio-video desync to the totally meaningless SF19 being edited while Kaz says GT7 will have more than 400 cars.
I thought so. It's almost like they have plenty of footage from previous builds over the years and just mash it up altogether. The main Playstation channel is the only one being coordinated with what they have.

I don't take credit for this, but...
20211028_102654.jpg

Keep in mind the lines are from an angled perspective. The double-hairpin towards the end of the lap is what sells it for me. The 7 & 8 sections I reckon could just be Apricot Hill again though. As I said I'm not the original source of this image. It's been going around a bit on Discord.

Let me know your thoughts. Could it just be Apricot Hill again, but with a few new clue lines? Is there significance with the colour of the lines to show a different track, or is the colour just related to the aspect of car culture in the video?

Edit: This just dropped.

Edit 2: So it seems like it's just the lines for Deep Forest & Apricot Hill again, even in that German "Collectors" trailer.

Last edited:
View attachment 1090332

Keep in mind the lines are from an angled perspective. The double-hairpin towards the end of the lap is what sells it for me. The 7 & 8 sections I reckon could just be Apricot Hill again though. As I said I'm not the original source of this image. It's been going around a bit on Discord.

Let me know your thoughts. Could it just be Apricot Hill again, but with a few new clue lines?
I really hope it's Grand Valley Speedway!!!

No new cars and/or tracks, but new footage with new angles. Gotta love the return of the Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II.

There's also the famous scene with multiple BAC Mono's racing out of the tunnel.

And so, there's the starting line, how to be a car collector, then how to be a racer. I wonder what's next, livery designer?

Last edited:
No new cars and/or tracks, but new footage with new angles. Gotta love the return of the Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II.

And so, there's the starting line, how to be a car collector, then how to be a racer. I wonder what's next, livery designer?
must be something to do with the Auto Shop!

Damn, another one? I hope they still have something left to share once it's closer to release.
yeah what worries me a bit now, is that we get a lot of info now and then when its like new years, it'll slow down and stop. That'll be a long wait until March. I still think there's plenty to announce, all they've done until now is show of menu's, cars and tracks. No news yet on how career mode will work, or any other game mode for that matter.

Loving the constant stuff coming out! Might be short, but it's great seeing the promotion of the game picking up.

I don't know if I'm imagining, but do the cars look a little more "grounded"? As in, the tires seem more connected to the surface? Pay attention to how the cars move during turn-in:

Interesting shot regardless, with a Group C beast, Castrol Supra, the Ford GT and the Nismo.

Keep the footage coming PD! :D

Last edited:
Loving the constant stuff coming out! Might be short, but it's great seeing the promotion of the game picking up.

I don't know if I'm imagining, but do the cars look a little more "grounded"? As in, the tires seem more connected to the surface? Pay attention to how the cars move during turn-in:

Interesting shot regardless, with a Group C beast, Castrol Supra, the Ford GT and the Nismo.

I agree. It finally looks like it is the tires gripping the asphalt that turns the car, and not the turning of the steering wheel.

Last edited:
Looks like grand valley confirmed!
I'm not seeing anything that looks like Grand Valley. What clip were you looking at?

Take another look at the previous trailer - there is a closeup of the 917 Living Legend's front tire bending and flexing as steering angle and load changes throughout the corner. GTS does this to a small degree but the change is considerable in the GT7 trailer.

These videos have no signs of stopping. Quite the opposite actually lol
View attachment 1090340
What an irony created by PD.

There's also the famous scene with multiple BAC Mono's racing out of the tunnel.

must be something to do with the Auto Shop!
The Germany version...

Also why they didn't use the original cars in the GT7 release date trailer for the intro remastered then.... (also S2000 for the GT2 one).

yeah what worries me a bit now, is that we get a lot of info now and then when its like new years, it'll slow down and stop. That'll be a long wait until March. I still think there's plenty to announce, all they've done until now is show of menu's, cars and tracks. No news yet on how career mode will work, or any other game mode for that matter.
These snippets aren't that bad, tbf. I think they'll reserve all the major features at a later date.

I think German trailer was published with wrong name. Livery Editor don't match with collector as I see it. Think one short clip with the livery editor will have the same scenes.
There is one more about car culture, that is tuning right, but also they can do some short video about, photography for scapes, competition for Online Mode/FIA races, Nostalgy for Used Car Dealership... they can do much more than we think right now.
So we have the short videos for collector, racer, and due the german ps channel the potential video for photo/livery (creative?), that let us only with one video missing: tunning

View attachment 1090332
Ok, so for everyone : that montage is complete bullcrap. The lines in that video are 100%, uncontestably Deep Forest again, more precisely sector 2 but mirrored in the video (1st tunnel to "backstraight") and the fast left out of the second tunnel. They've showed some Apricot Hill bits in a mirrored fashion as well in the video released before that one. Also, the whole layout for these 2 tracks have been showned in the videos. They're not going to hint a a track by only giving out half the layout.

Latest video which just dropped reuses those 3D Deep Forest and Apricot Hill lines, which tells me they're the only 2 new original tracks we can decently expect at release (although they may still be WIP and end up being released in updates through the first year of the game).

Considering the time it takes Polyphony to create 3D assets, and seeing how much higher the level of details is on Trial Mountain compared to other tracks, you can safely assume these tracks are extremely time consuming to produce (which probably explain why they didn't get release within GT Sport life cycle). While it seems a given that Grand Valley will be featured in GT7 at some point, I don't think it's realistic to expect it to be released before 2023. Now that last bit is more of an educated guess there, so I could be wrong, but I think that's a fairly realistic prediction.

Ok, so for everyone : that montage is complete bullcrap. The lines in that video are 100%, uncontestably Deep Forest again, more precisely sector 2 but mirrored in the video (1st tunnel to "backstraight") and the fast left out of the second tunnel. They've showed some Apricot Hill bits in a mirrored fashion as well in the video released before that one. Also, the whole layout for these 2 tracks have been showned in the videos. They're not going to hint a a track by only giving out half the layout.

Latest video which just dropped reuses those 3D Deep Forest and Apricot Hill lines, which tells me they're the only 2 new original tracks we can decently expect at release (although they may still be WIP and end up being released in updates through the first year of the game).

Considering the time it takes Polyphony to create 3D assets, and seeing how much higher the level of details is on Trial Mountain compared to other tracks, you can safely assume these tracks are extremely time consuming to produce (which probably explain why they didn't get release within GT Sport life cycle). While it seems a given that Grand Valley will be featured in GT7 at some point, I don't think it's realistic to expect it to be released before 2023. Now that last bit is more of an educated guess there, so I could be wrong, but I think that's a fairly realistic prediction.
Ah ok. That would make sense.
If that is the case then perhaps the likelihood of 1 new circuit per Kaz interview trailer isn't as likely.

Last edited:
Back