Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,303 comments
YT version

It looks ok... and that is a bad thing to be honest. Reflections on oponent cars update at 1 or 2 fps... and shadow resolution change on trees and overal surroundings is still very noticable... just like in GT Sport on PS4.

The car reflections on other cars update at 30fps instead of 60fps. There is no point on wasting resources on such things on other cars on track. That’s called shadow cascade it’s a LOD(Level of detail optimisation) which again is a waste of resources having a full resolution shadow rendered out so far away especially in a racing game where your focus really shouldn’t be on a shadow. Shadow cascades were never going away it’s a thing in all games old and new. There is a significant improvement in lighting and visible physics such as the cars movement on track there is also a massive improvement in the rear view mirror reflection being much higher resolution and no disappearing track lod within it from what I could see.

hey

Murcielago interior.

Also it seems PD made some adjustments to the interior camera...

Seems the original RX-VISION concept has confirmed its presence once and for all after the interior view we got in the 'Release Date' trailer. The AI pack racing looks like a promising step up from the staggered processions we saw in GT Sport, as does the remodelled final section which should hopefully be a blast to drive in racing machinery.
I'm more intrigued by what's in front of it, is that an 8C or do my eyes decieve me?
Also the noise from that Murcielago.. finally I can listen to that V12 howl in GT
At first, I came to the conclusion that it was probably a Viper. But after looking more closely at @Kobhalt's screengrab and finding a suitable image to compare it to, I'll let your eyes be the judge on that one...

alfa-romeo-8c-competizione.webp

I can't say I like the new track layout. The final sector in previous games had such a fast, flowing feeling about it that was in direct contrast to the tighter, comparatively slower inner section.

I'll likely get used to it for sure, quite possibly even enjoy it, but that's just my initial thoughts.

Also by adding a full on hairpin, I can't help but fear that will become the punter's hot spot. I really hope I'm wrong, but hey.

It looks fantastic, I notice some shadow pop in close to the player, that wasn't an issue with GTsport. The final build/product going to look incredible for sure. And that camera movement inside the cockpit looks awesome.
Shadow pop in was a big issue in GTS actually it was literally 1m next to the player car its much much better in GT7.

It doesn't. Opponent cars use your own cubemap, what you've seen that made you think they update like 2 fps, was when much farther cars were under the tunnel, which the game now has some kind of ""fix"" to the cars that are under the tunnel, but still reflecting the sky.
I know that and what I meant, was that cars that are far away update reflection at around 2fps. I should have said more clearly what i meant.

I like this new version of deep forest. It looks alive which adds some immersion. Other than that I'm really disappointed with gt7. If you remove graphics and visuals the game looks like a DLC expansion of gt sport.
Only 16 cars on track? really?
Car sounds are still the same as gt sport ( good but not good enough compared to the competition like horizon 5).
Ai looks like they're still dumb.
It makes a lot of sense why the ps4 can handle gt7, because gt7 was never a ps5 game.
This is what happens when you put stuff most people don't care about like scapes or imaginary concept cars.

Seems the original RX-VISION concept has confirmed its presence once and for all after the interior view we got in the 'Release Date' trailer. The AI pack racing looks like a promising step up from the staggered processions we saw in GT Sport, as does the remodelled final section which should hopefully be a blast to drive in racing machinery.

At first, I came to the conclusion that it was probably a Viper. But after looking more closely at @Kobhalt's screengrab and finding a suitable image to compare it to, I'll let your eyes be the judge on that one...

alfa-romeo-8c-competizione.webp
Only thing about the AI, seems like it’s still ”best”(not) to pass on the outside. We saw that in the High Speed Ring footage.

However, I’m definitely looking forward to buying and seeing what can be done to the RX-V.

Also hoping we can run a 24H cycle and a wet track condition.

I know that and what I meant, was that cars that are far away update reflection at around 2fps. I should have said more clearly what i meant.
Thats actually the tunnel lighting that updates at a lower rate, its common on most games with dynamic tod. Tunnels have there own added layer of lighting, same happens in Forza Horizon 5 also.

The car reflections on other cars update at 30fps instead of 60fps. There is no point on wasting resources on such things on other cars on track. That’s called shadow cascade it’s a LOD(Level of detail optimisation) which again is a waste of resources having a full resolution shadow rendered out so far away especially in a racing game where your focus really shouldn’t be on a shadow. Shadow cascades were never going away it’s a thing in all games old and new. There is a significant improvement in lighting and visible physics such as the cars movement on track there is also a massive improvement in the rear view mirror reflection being much higher resolution and no disappearing track lod within it from what I could see.
Yes, I know what LOD etc. is and of course optimisation in important... but here it's very visible... on a console over 2x more powerful than the PS4 Pro... yet improvements over GTSport seem very small... and just 3 months before release it's hard to believe that video is from some very old build (on other hand it's PD... so actually there's a chance of that ;) ).
About the reflections at 2fps... I have meant the cars that are quite far away and this one actually doesn't bother me that much..

Yes, I know what LOD etc. is and of course optimisation in important... but here it's very visible... on a console over 2x more powerful than the PS4 Pro... yet improvements over GTSport seem very small... and just 3 months before release it's hard to believe that video is from some very old build (on other hand it's PD... so actually there's a chance of that ;) ).
About the reflections at 2fps... I have meant the cars that are quite far away and this one actually doesn't bother me that much..
You have to remember Sport runs at 1800p and not native either but checkerboarded so the actual resolution is 1600x1800 instead of 3200x1800 where as GT7 points to being rendered at a full native 4K resolution so 3840x2160 which is an absolute massive increase over the rendering resolution of GT sport.

I don’t know if that’s a poor capture, but there’s noticeable frame stuttering in the Deep Forest clip, and some things look slightly out of focus. Strange way to showcase the PS5 version, because it must be better than this?

What's even the point of having slower street cars in the game if they are gonna convert all their legendary tracks into F1 tracks with gigantic straights. Do they think those extremely large straights are going to be fun in go-karts? Or any car that isn't above N500?

Last edited:
I like: new hands positions (no sore thumb), the new camera movement, obvious physics changes (more bouncy and lively from what I can see), time change, lightning and shadows in the cockpit look great (look at the area under the A pillar, great ambient oclussion mapping).

I don’t like: chase-the-rabbit race, hands glitching when changing gears, shadows/LOD popping in/out, graphics look average for a PS5 game…

Overall, it looks like a non-polished, incomplete product - which it is I guess… 3 months to begin the patches.

Last edited:
One thing I will say about that clip, the AI looks really competitive. Even saw some of them drifting out of the exits of the corners trying to find traction. Really is a night and day difference between the June 2020 trailer (Which was obviously the same AI from GT Sport).

Extremely good news for the singleplayer side of things.

Watching the new videos many times...I must say that to me AI, graphics and sounds seems quite improved from GT Sport. Not a revolution, but definitely a good evolution from the previous game. It looks stunning (albeit for framerate issues which would be fixed at launch)...

Not bad at all for a cross gen game!

Last edited:
Back