Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 38,939 comments
I hope some production cars (e.g. R33 GT-R, GC Impreza etc...) will get their standard exhaust sound changed in GT7. The ones in GTS should be for the sports exhaust.

Edit: Congrats for reaching 300 pages!

Last edited:
Regarding the AI discussion: I have been a fan ever since the first one. Browsing youtube I found the best example to describe the ultimate GT feel….. Being first after the first corner😜

Never change PD. I will love you always. Can’t wait for Gt7.

Love your enthusiasm.
Also can't wait, even though i have no choice. 😢

Last edited:
Regarding the AI discussion: I have been a fan ever since the first one. Browsing youtube I found the best example to describe the ultimate GT feel….. Being first after the first corner😜

Never change PD. I will love you always. Can’t wait for Gt7.

To be fair that car is probably tuned to the max.

So bad things about GT7 that I don't like.
Experience and levelling.
Chase the rabbit not racing.

A few days since the last video I'm not happy with the direction the game is taking. Hoping for greater understanding of the game mechanics before I buy into this.

My heart says it will be great.
My head says GT6 and GTS.

Last edited:
Businesses love consumers like you I guess. Why you'd have unconditional love for a company I have no idea.
zh9yzqmdehc31.jpg

There's been this mentality amongst some Gran Turismo players for a long while now that if they consume and always give a positive reception to everything PoDi releases, regardless of whether or not the content, changes or features are a positive or negative impact on the overall experience, that their wishes will eventually be fulfilled by them, whether it's their personal car or course wishlist or some other impossibly-long feature request laundry list.

I for one am hoping that PoDi has a lot more to share before the game releases than what we've seen so far. Gran Turismo 5 had a lot of big content drops several months before its "release date" so I'm hoping the same for GT7 since it's in full-steam-ahead marketing mode. Was not really impressed by the Daytona trailer. We've yet to see any actual gameplay features, particularly those noted on the Japanese pamphlet. Either the announcements would be considered a shockwave by the marketing team or they're just waiting for players to discover the content on their own when the game finally releases.

zh9yzqmdehc31.jpg

There's been this mentality amongst some Gran Turismo players for a long while now that if they consume and always give a positive reception to everything PoDi releases, regardless of whether or not the content, changes or features are a positive or negative impact on the overall experience, that their wishes will eventually be fulfilled by them, whether it's their personal car or course wishlist or some other impossibly-long feature request laundry list.

I for one am hoping that PoDi has a lot more to share before the game releases than what we've seen so far. Gran Turismo 5 had a lot of big content drops several months before its "release date" so I'm hoping the same for GT7 since it's in full-steam-ahead marketing mode. Was not really impressed by the Daytona trailer. We've yet to see any actual gameplay features, particularly those noted on the Japanese pamphlet. Either the announcements would be considered a shockwave by the marketing team or they're just waiting for players to discover the content on their own when the game finally releases.
Indeed. 6 weeks to go and we're still yet to see anything particularly newsworthy about GT7. Graphical improvements were a given with new hardware, everything else seems to be returning content that they cut out of GTS for whatever reason, other than new cars which again, are a given. Nothing PD/Sony have shown so far of GT7 has surprised or excited me. Sure, dynamic time/weather and more customisation is nice but it's not new, nor are the tracks. It's hard to get massively excited about giving me something back they took away, even if they have improved it.

GT6 promo material offered driving on the moon, Goodwood Hill Climb, GPS Course maker, new tracks like Silverstone, Brands Hatch, Bathurst. Sure, the moon stuff was nonsense and the course maker never lived up to promise even 18 months late, but still. It was new content.

So far with GT7 it's GTS + old stuff, incremental updates where you'd expect and minor things like GT Cafe.

When people are citing dirt flicking up and instant loading as things to be excited about you know there isn't much to go on.

Last edited:
Pretty much back to concentrating on the cars. GTS is supposed to be the start of the next chapter in the franchise. Kaz wasn’t kidding when he said he wants people to remember the first time they played GT. Seems it’ll just be a combo of GT-GTS.

Pretty much back to concentrating on the cars. GTS is supposed to be the start of the next chapter in the franchise. Kaz wasn’t kidding when he said he wants people to remember the first time they played GT. Seems it’ll just be a combo of GT-GTS.
It makes GT7 sound like a reboot. And rightfully so, since it aims to undo the shortcomings of the previous titles, namely GT6 and GT Sport, by going back to their roots, as Kaz put it, that he wants GT7 to feel like GT1 to GT4, so the classic style and nostalgia really puts it that way.

Unfortunately, the same problems with the GT Sport graphics engine still exist.

The pop ins of some elements and shadows have not been improved.

As you can see here at the tribune:

Also the mirror view has the same bug with the disappearing objects:

On TV this may still be relatively invisible, but in Virtual Reality it will be an immersion killer.

interesting. I thought, this view is only a shrinked version of the backview and demand less Power.
When i save a Screenshot of the UHD Image from the Gameplay and cut the mirror Area in a pictureprogram like irfan view, i get a resolution of around the SD Resolution.

Indeed. 6 weeks to go and we're still yet to see anything particularly newsworthy about GT7. Graphical improvements were a given with new hardware, everything else seems to be returning content that they cut out of GTS for whatever reason, other than new cars which again, are a given. Nothing PD/Sony have shown so far of GT7 has surprised or excited me. Sure, dynamic time/weather and more customisation is nice but it's not new, nor are the tracks. It's hard to get massively excited about giving me something back they took away, even if they have improved it.

GT6 promo material offered driving on the moon, Goodwood Hill Climb, GPS Course maker, new tracks like Silverstone, Brands Hatch, Bathurst. Sure, the moon stuff was nonsense and the course maker never lived up to promise even 18 months late, but still. It was new content.

So far with GT7 it's GTS + old stuff, incremental updates where you'd expect and minor things like GT Cafe.

When people are citing dirt flicking up and instant loading as things to be excited about you know there isn't much to go on.
I agree with this.
When GT7 was announced as a ps5 exclusive i was super excited,then cross-gen was announced,okay,it is what it is to coin a phrase.I`m still keeping my 25th anni pre-order and am still looking forward release day but to me its looking more like GTsport but with an update,a few new tracks and some new cars.Nothing really stands out yet.Im hoping some better footage surfaces sometime prior to release that shows better AI or grid starts instead of chase the rabbit but not holding my breath.
On a totally personal note,for me,get rid of the VGT cars and replace them with real world cars,i used the tomahawk for a few laps mainly out of curiosity.This is my own opinion and not wishing to start any grief. 👍

Last edited:
I only preordered Gran Turismo 7 because GameStop had a "we'll buy your old PS4 for €210" deal from which I got store credit, and I want to spend it before that company goes completely bust. 😅

The lack of first-hand information from Polyphony and the lack of previews from the media does concern me. Although Japanese game studios often operate behind closed doors and don't give interviews or post stuff on social media all the time like some US and European studios do, Polyphony and Sony do seem to be oddly quiet at the moment. If Gran Turismo 7 had some really amazing features, wouldn't they want to start announcing it and showing it off now, so shortly before release, to get people ready to buy?

Last edited:
I agree with this.
When GT7 was announced as a ps5 exclusive i was super excited,then cross-gen was announced,okay,it is what it is to coin a phrase.I`m still keeping my 25th anni pre-order and am still looking forward release day but to me its looking more like GTsport but with an update,a few new tracks and some new cars.Nothing really stands out yet.Im hoping some better footage surfaces sometime prior to release that shows better AI or grid starts instead of chase the rabbit but not holding my breath.
On a totally personal note,for me,get rid of the VGT cars and replace them with real world cars,i used the tomahawk for a few laps mainly out of curiosity.This is my own opinion and not wishing to start any grief. 👍
Try the tomahawk X next, it literally goes 666km/h

Let's be honest. According to what we've seen so far, the main reason people will buy gt7 is for the visuals. GT7 is no more than a tech demo for the ps5.
PD is so vague when talking about physics, AI, tire models... But they will take every opportunity to talk about nostalgia or scapes.
Maybe they wanna keep everything as a surprise but let's be honest, what we see is what we'll get.
I wish they kept gt sport graphics and used the extra power of the ps5 to make gt7 more realistic ( large grid size, realistic classes, strong AI, fewer concept cars, and more modern race cars...).
That's the truth. Well that, and its accessibility.

Some time ago, I got ACC and PC2 and all of the DLC and started playing them a lot. Actually got decent too. But it was so distracting how bad those games look on console. Yes the driving experience was much better. Yes the AI was actually fun to play against. Yes the game sounded much better. But in the end, the games looked like they were from the PS3 era, and ALL the menus were clunky. The whole damn game was clunky.

I went back to playing GTS full time. This will sound weird, but because Gran Turismo has soooooooo many cars, a lot of tracks, A LOT of tuning that actually-kinda-works if you put the time in, AND LOOKS SO MUCH BETTER and is so much more polished...... the entirety of the Gran Turismo experience was much more rewarding than PC2 or ACC could ever be, for me.

If ACC looked 40% better, therefore making it look 85% as good as Gran Turismo Sport, I would play it 100% more. Trust me, the math works out :lol:.

But seriously, if those other titles looked even remotely on-par with GTS, I would be more than happy to spend the time navigating the tedious tuning and the clunky menus

Right? You'd think that they'd want people to have as much situational awareness as possible at all times, considering the nightmare that online can turn into sometimes.
Not trying to be argumentative, but if you gave the rear view mirror to every view in sports mode, you would get a lot more players driving ahead by looking in the rear view mirror... I.e., looking to swerve block you at every opportunity when you're trying to make a pass, or plowing into the back of you because they were primarily paying attention to what the guy was doing behind them. Not to mention the very popular bonnet cam would become way overpowered compared to the other views. Best peripherals outside of chase cam (who uses that view anyways?), and now they get a mirror too??

As a primary cockpit-mode player, there's some cars I can't use because of where the rearview dashboard camera screen thingee is (Gr.3 Pug comes to mind) it completely gets in the way and I can't see apexes when turning right. The Gr.3 WRX rearview mirror is useless, as with the RSR I think. Hell, some cars don't even have rear view mirrors or cameras because they don't have them in real life. I'm ok with that

Just my opinion tho. Because less face it, I'm handcuffing myself using cockpit view in sports mode. The fov sucks, your preiphials suck more than normal based on what the A-pillars of the car look like....and a lot of times, your mirrors are useless. I do it for the realism

The only important feature missing right now is the dash cam with no wheel. I always thougth that GT would be the first console game to implement it tbh.

snc
I think you will have disapearing objects in mirror even on highend pc in acc
In ACC you can render up to 250m in the mirrors at full render quality but it has a big hit on performance. I think GT7 mirrors looks really good and balanced for the hardware its running on.

The only important feature missing right now is the dash cam with no wheel. I always thougth that GT would be the first console game to implement it tbh.

In ACC you can render up to 250m in the mirrors at full render quality but it has a big hit on performance. I think GT7 mirrors looks really good and balanced for the hardware its running on.
rtx 3080 (only 1440p) with draw distance on epic 47s-50s disapearing house and thats hardware is literaly around 2x faster than ps5

Last edited:

I agree. Didn’t think I’d be a fan of removing the steering wheel animation, but it’s beneficial in ACC and AC. It’d be a nice option in GT7.

snc
rtx 3080 (only 1440p) with draw distance on epic 47s-50s disapearing house and thats hardware is literaly around 2x faster than ps5

Epic settings are not the max settings in ACC unfortunately, you can go even further beyond that. At epic setting the mirror render distance is 120 and the quality is med which is the half of the max settings.
Epic settings
WBurkQ5.png

Max settings
tJEt7Bk.png

and see the difference in the same place in the video you posted
Epic settings
1VfvH3K.jpg

Max settings
6Kk3Otw.jpg

Your vid where the building disappeared
yxSH2mc.jpg

max settings
laHvGQg.jpg

Driveclub has that - it's a dashboard cam placed right behind the windscreen with the wipers in full view. It does not give you the contents of the dashboard instruments though. Super immersive. I'd love to have that in GT. That plus their rain effect. :)

I can't play cockpit view in anything. Looks all wrong to me in 2D - zero situational awareness, tiny window to the outside world. Also that slight lag between wheel controller and wheel animation is bothering me in racing games.

Back