Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 38,922 comments
Lol Rockstar games. They are a joke now. Have you not kept with up the state of GTA Online and GTA Trilogy? They are one of the greediest game companies in the world alongside EA and Activison. Polyphony have their faults. But at least don’t disrespect them with comparisons with Rockstar games.
Whatever you think of their greediness, all their new games are great , and there is a real amount of work put into it. 8 years of development for Read Dead Redemption 2 . You need to separate the developpers to the 2/3 guys who decide to make extra money on old games (GTA trilogy). And I'm really not a big fan of their games either, I played GTA5 when it was released on PS3, have not played any other version, and found RDR2 way too long for the amount of time I have for video games. I was astonished by the first RDR though.

I highly doubt that that interface is even remotely close to how the final one will work, honestly
Because this is what it looks like now:
Screen Shot 2022-01-03 at 9.48.53 PM.png

There was a tweet about GT Cafe earlier today - do we think this might follow the trend of a tweet followed by info/footage like we saw with Deep Forest and Daytona, or is this just wishful thinking? :boggled:
Highly doubt it though, as the Behind the Scenes videos tease new tracks from the vapor trails all over the screen.

That's just something they showed in a trailer two years ago.
I know...

We don't know if that's actually how it'll work. For example, since then they completely changed the look of the home screen from a 2D menu with a city as background into a 3D beach town environment.
You have a point, but the changes done to the home screen were just visual changes. From what I noticed in every single trailer so far, that's all that's been change.

That's just something they showed in a trailer two years ago. We don't know if that's actually how it'll work. For example, since then they completely changed the look of the home screen from a 2D menu with a city as background into a 3D beach town environment.
I think they were inspired by Animal crossing when they made the GT World map into a 3D island. Well, pack your bags, because we're going to the Gran Turismo island soon, and we need a dictionary, because they probably speak Gran Turismoish.

Last edited:
Vroom Vroom Vroom Vroom Vroom Vroom Vrooom, Vroom Vroom Vroom Vroom, Vroom, Vroom :D
100 internet points for who names that AC song

There was a tweet about GT Cafe earlier today - do we think this might follow the trend of a tweet followed by info/footage like we saw with Deep Forest and Daytona, or is this just wishful thinking? :boggled:
Yes, very wishful thinking. They tweeted about scapes on Jan 17th, nothing followed. They tweeted about dirt tracks on Jan 15th, nothing followed.

As has been said several times now, the English social media accounts are operated by an independent company hired by Sony. They regularly post content that is designed to engage with users, and that GT Cafe post is exactly that.

When they tweet something genuinely new, like Daytona, you'll note the different, more factual informational tone.

I don't know if this been already posted but here is the size of the game at release date (on ps5)

Last edited:
And surely until after Horizon releases ;-(
No, as they have been doing they will continue to trickle info over time but the big push won't be until after the Horizon launch. Maybe a little earlier since they are so close together. I think they embargo will be very short. Just enough time for them to put together a good article.

Last edited:
No, as they have been doing they will continue to trickle info over time but the big push won't be until after the Horizon launch. Maybe a little earlier since they are so close together. I think they embargo will be very short. Just enough time for them to put together a good article.
If the press event is a proper preview then the moment the embargo lifts will be the big push.

Unless they announce some new features or something GT7 is gonna be a game that you load up and say "oh wow they brought this and that back from the old gt games, that's cool" other than that you won't be blown away when you play the game. And that's disappointing because gran turismo usually have features that get you pumped for the upcoming game. Hell...even gt sport (which wasn't even a full blown gt title) ended up adding a huge feature and that was the livery editor. One big new feature would be fine at least. Muti class racing would be nice to have. It's something I always wanted to see in Gran turismo. But as time continues to pass by without any new info I'm really starting to doubt that it's in the game. Plus they listed off the games main features on the playstation blog awhile back. I think if there was anything new they would've listed it there. The only thing we can hope for is if they add features in updates which is possible. We'll see but it seem like after a week GT7 won't be anything special. Btw im hoping they add NASCAR to the game. You got Daytona and you can't have Daytona without nascar. If they can't get the actual NASCARs then add generic stock cars like pcars1. I just want stock cars to be back in Gran turismo especially since nascar console games continue to suck. Nascar was popular on GT5 and GT6.

You mean anyone can go on the internet and spread lies? I feel like Jordan or someone here would have been at least give something cryptic to at least notify people here to expect something. This is out of nowhere and even the day that account given was changed.

Last edited:
I doubt there'll be a delay this late in the day.

I was thinking last night that a commercial could be shown during the Daytona 24 hours including the track, a couple of DPi cars, an LMP2 and the odd GT3 car showing off time of day and weather in speeded up form.

I've known this "leaker" for a while, he pulls things out of his ass all the time and when it doesn't happen he makes something up to cover his statement.

No way it gets delayed this close to release, hell PD released a video yesterday with Kaz saying the game is coming out March 4th.

I've known this "leaker" for a while, he pulls things out of his ass all the time and when it doesn't happen he makes something up to cover his statement.

No way it gets delayed this close to release, hell PD released a video yesterday with Kaz saying the game is coming out March 4th.
Yes, I’m actually so sure as never they will hold the date, as they start a marketing campaign in Asia and so on.otherwise, they would be quiet.

Last edited:
Back