Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 38,918 comments
And that's really where GT needs to improve on graphically. GTS' environments are so stagnant to me while the cars are perfect.
There’s been some form of change in that direction in Sport, with the helicopters flying around certain tracks, people moving around in the stands, and the jets in GT League, so here’s hoping Kaz is taking this time not only to make the cars better, because there’s not much more he can do imo, but also to make the background more lively.

There’s been some form of change in that direction in Sport, with the helicopters flying around certain tracks, people moving around in the stands, and the jets in GT League, so here’s hoping Kaz is taking this time not only to make the cars better, because there’s not much more he can do imo, but also to make the background more lively.
Maybe give the trees and other forms of vegetation some animations perhaps birds among other wildlife, another thing I would like to see PD incorporate is wind effects and have gusts of wind affect your driving. I think that would be badass.

Last edited:
Did they even use that "7-77" tagline after the delay? I only even recall seeing it in the initial trailer and early web stuff.

The subsequent trailers and marketing material all focused on promoting competitive racing. Lest we forget, they claim Sport Mode is the future of motorsport for the next 100 years. Their YouTube page has also been dominated by eSports content since the game released, as is the website.

They were even promoting the idea of getting a real world racing license via Gran Turismo around launch, although that came to nothing in the end.

I really don't remember they making a big deal of it being inclusive for all after the initial promo blurbs.
I posted above. After the initial teaser trailer, with the kid and older gentleman, the GT Sport trailer has Driving is for everyone on the screen.

Even with the real racing licence thing, I thought that wasn't available until the following year. PD released the game and FIA wasn't ready yet. I didn't buy the game until March 2018. I was waiting for trusted members, such as yourself, to give reviews on what they thought of the game before I bought it. That's how long I waited.
I've pre-ordered every GT(Japanese and English) before any review, bar this title.

I'd love to know how you know what PD/Kaz think and that they took action on that.

I still don't understand the aloof, smarmy attitude to GT that some people around here have.
You don't have to know what I think. It's what he said and says in interviews. That's what I comment on.
I mean, if there's a poll or percentage or chart, that shows why all 10 million people purchased GT SPort for eSports, car collecting, etc, I'd love to see that.

Doesn't seem like majority of people bought the game for eSports though.

The subsequent trailers and marketing material all focused on promoting competitive racing. Lest we forget, they claim Sport Mode is the future of motorsport for the next 100 years. Their YouTube page has also been dominated by eSports content since the game released, as is the website.
This claim is absurd because GT is still a video game at heart. People want single player games more than ever now because they're fed up with all the online stuff. It may be the future of motorsport but it isn't the future of gaming.

You don't have to know what I think. It's what he said and says in interviews. That's what I comment on.

It's a shame we don't have access to the actual game because then we could play it and analyse whether the game design matches up with their marketing speak or not. We're just lucky that nobody at Polyphony has ever been misleading or lied in their marketing material, they're paragons of honesty and frankly a benchmark that the whole industry should aspire to live up to.

It's a shame we don't have access to the actual game because then we could play it and analyse whether the game design matches up with their marketing speak or not. We're just lucky that nobody at Polyphony has ever been misleading or lied in their marketing material, they're paragons of honesty and frankly a benchmark that the whole industry should aspire to live up to.
For sure.
I didn't buy the game until March 2018. I was waiting for trusted members, such as yourself, to give reviews on what they thought of the game before I bought it.

I posted above. After the initial teaser trailer, with the kid and older gentleman, the GT Sport trailer has Driving is for everyone on the screen.

Even with the real racing licence thing, I thought that wasn't available until the following year. PD released the game and FIA wasn't ready yet. I didn't buy the game until March 2018. I was waiting for trusted members, such as yourself, to give reviews on what they thought of the game before I bought it. That's how long I waited.
I've pre-ordered every GT(Japanese and English) before any review, bar this title.

Well I didn't buy it until earlier this year, so I waited even longer because I knew it mostly wasn't for me.

The real racing license thing was definitely covered pre-release and as far as I know it simply hasn't happened at all.

https://www.gtplanet.net/early-details-on-gran-turismo-sports-fia-digital-licensing-requirements/

Doesn't seem like majority of people bought the game for eSports though.

Well no, that's pretty evident, but that's how they primarily marketed it as far as I remember. Sure, they might have thrown in a few mentions of it being for everyone but the primary focus was always the racing, they even showed the eSports events in later trailers/promo videos, with the fella from here I forget the name of on commentary.

This claim is absurd because GT is still a video game at heart. People want single player games more than ever now because they're fed up with all the online stuff. It may be the future of motorsport but it isn't the future of gaming.

Well indeed it was/is absurd, if Sport Mode is the future of motorsport then RIP motorsport, because Sport Mode is pretty poor as a complete motorsport discipline. But I was just noting how much they were pushing the competitive aspect in pre-release marketing.

And that's really where GT needs to improve on graphically. GTS' environments are so stagnant to me while the cars are perfect.
That's my thougt too.
I mean, if you look at the graphics quality of the recently shown Horizon Forbidden West and realise that this title is even still on the PS4 and is open world, while Gran Turismo is closed world, then I really expect a significant increase in graphics quality for Gran Turismo 7. The trailer shown last year looked more like a slightly improved Gran Turismo Sport.

Last edited:
It depends on the track really.
You can't put gimmicks on real life tracks if they already are identical to what you would see if you were there. Nurb, Laguna Seca, Spa, La Sarthe etc. They are fine the way they are and even the comparisons at different times of day show that there's really nothing much to add, apart from things like better rain effects and more debris.
(one of the many examples)

PD-made tracks, on the other hand, need the Driveclub treatment. For example the environment of Trial Mountain from the GT7 trailer was so low quality that it reminded me of something I would see on the ps3.
(How they could put that on an official trailer that was supposed to show the potential of GT on a next gen console is beyond me...)

GT also desperately needs some realistic vibrations + better flappy gear changes + 900 degrees wheel rotation in cockpit, because they always have that static, boring, unrealistic feel that p***es me off since GT5.

Last edited:
You can't put gimmicks on real life tracks if they already are identical to what you would see if you were there. Nurb, Laguna Seca, Spa, La Sarthe etc. They are fine the way they are and even the comparisons at different times of day show that there's really nothing much to add, apart from things like better rain effects and more debris.

PD-made tracks, on the other hand, need the Driveclub treatment. For example the environment of Trial Mountain from the GT7 trailer was so low quality that reminded me of something I would see on the ps3.
(How they could put that on an official trailer that was supposed to show the potential of GT on a next gen console is beyond me...)

GT also desperately needs some realistic vibrations + better flappy gear changes + 900 degrees wheel rotation in cockpit, because I always have that static, boring, unrealistic feel that p***es me off since GT5.

IMO New original tracks in GTSport : a couple of lines of code and boom here's a track. Original tracks like Deep Forest or Tokyo R246 looked "handcrafted" with lots of details in comparison to the new tracks. I know some people don't care about this: GT7 is a PS5 exclusive. I don't want to see 2D sprite trees and poor textures (like @hardvibes said about the reveal trailer and Trial Mountain). I keep seeing amazing graphics with the new trailers of Ratchet and Clank, Spiderman, Horizon Forbidden West. Sure, they are not racing games with a car going at 300km/h.
However I'm sure there is a middle ground in terms of quality between Naughty Dog assets and Alsace track in GTSport.

Gran Turismo Sport's big new update is the best and the worst of the series rolled into one • Eurogamer.net
"A new track joins the mix, too, and while we all wait for the inevitable and overdue arrival of Spa-Francorchamps we'll have to make do with Sainte-Croix - a long, complex track that's so light on assets it looks like it was conjured up in Gran Turismo 6's track editor. Some of those layouts aren't particularly inspiring, either - with the abundance of 90 degree turns in a fair few of them it brought to mind nothing less than Phoenix's short-lived F1 street circuit, host to a grand prix in 1991 that's gone down in infamy for failing to attract as many spectators as an ostrich festival going on elsewhere in town."

Sony declares GT7 as part of their strategy of "The best post launch ever".
sony-says-gran-turismo-7-is-part-of-its-best-ever-post-playstation-launch-lineup-162218_1.jpg

It was obvious that GT7 would be there, though.

Last edited:
Do you think if this month will see some new footage from the game?

New cars, tracks, dynamic weater or something like that?

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't think Sony's going to do their E3 event at all, considering they just did a deep dive on their sole remaining big game for the year (besides R&C). The pandemic likely delayed the rest of their first-party output to 2022.

But these next few days should prove me wrong.

PD-made tracks, on the other hand, need the Driveclub treatment. For example the environment of Trial Mountain from the GT7 trailer was so low quality that it reminded me of something I would see on the ps3.

GT also desperately needs some realistic vibrations + better flappy gear changes + 900 degrees wheel rotation in cockpit, because they always have that static, boring, unrealistic feel that p***es me off since GT5.

They need to have an option to turn off the hands and steering wheel rotation altogether. Interior view is useless on most cars anyway but the hands and wheel flapping around are very distracting...I've already got my own hands on a wheel, I don't need to see more lol. As for the "flappy paddle gear changes", I'm not sure if you're talking about actual flappy paddles or race car sequential changes. I feel like GTS's sequential gear shifts are adequately powerful and accurate. The manual transmission shifts are horrible though. Literally nobody drags the clutch like that unless they don't know what they're doing.

Only "new" thing coming up, is another new car for GT Sport. Maybe nothing about GT7 until the World tour and Olympics are completed.

Wait......
WHAT?????????
It's been A YEAR since the trailer dropped? Already? I feel like it's been 6 months, at most.
In that case they should give us something substantial. Delay or no delay.

Now it kinda reminds me of the wait between E3 2009 and E3 2010

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't think Sony's going to do their E3 event at all, considering they just did a deep dive on their sole remaining big game for the year (besides R&C). The pandemic likely delayed the rest of their first-party output to 2022.

But these next few days should prove me wrong.
Sony aren't bothering with E3 anymore, and haven't bothered for a while.

Sony’s been doing their own event around e3 season for the last several years, they’re just no longer a part of the official e3 expo since this gives them their own time time to prepare stuff and they don’t have to pay e3 to be there.

Sony has a ton of first party and third party ps5 exclusives they would want to show off. Sony is also a partner to the Summer Game Fest that starts right before E3.

Sony aren't bothering with E3 anymore, and haven't bothered for a while.
Sorry, I should've said "June game showcase/conference." I know they haven't been part of E3 itself for a while now.

But yeah, again, time will tell if I'm wrong. It's just that this darn pandemic... *sigh*

Sorry, I should've said "June game showcase/conference." I know they haven't been part of E3 itself for a while now.

But yeah, again, time will tell if I'm wrong. It's just that this darn pandemic... *sigh*
I myself would be pleased if they instead do a State of Play. I'm not asking too much Sony... plsss

An aspect could be, that Sony let go first Micorosoft on E3 and than surpass them with a own show a few days later. Who knows. Don’t forget, last year there was no E3.

If Sony were going to have their own event around E3 time again I think they would have announced it by now. They announced the PS5 reveal event at the end of May last year, for June 4th (which then got delayed a week).

Not seen any rumours or suggestions of anything this year.

Last edited:
B
If Sony were going to have their own event around E3 time again I think they would have announced it by now. They announced the PS5 reveal event at the end of May last year, for June 4th (which then got delayed a week).

Not seen any rumours or suggestions of anything this year.
..But last year, there was no E3 event. Why they should make an event before this will take place as no member and get stolen the show?

Back