Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 38,925 comments
Where is this taken from? GT7 has been promoted as PS5 exclusive up until now, so I'm gonna take this with a grain of salt.

Don't like the idea of cross gen one bit, they really should focus on squeezing the PS5.

As a PS4 Pro for two years, it looks like good news for me but, it doesn't feel right for some reason. I would presume that the PS4 version would be nothing more than a "Spec III" expansion of GTSPORT minus RT.

Let's wait for another 3 years for PD to make an announcement on this.

There are quite some problems with GT7 being on PS4, such as:

• If the trailer features dynamic time of day and weather, the PS4 version surely wouldn't have that.
  • There will most likely be a disparity of content - be it cars and/or tracks.
  • Some game modes and mechanics may not be exactly the same as the PS5 version, where it has so much more to offer (and this isn't considering the fancy stuff like ray-tracing, haptic feedback and adaptive triggers).
  • The game will surely run slower on PS4 due to a lack of an SSD.

Sony dumbest company ever forcing PD to make PS4 versions, when they could have let PD focus on only PS5. What the point buying PS5 version When game going holding back by the PS4 that barely run 60fps without weathers system. At this point don’t make the game at all and just focus on GTsport update.

Last edited:
If this is true, thats realy sad. Back in the old days a new console generation had a big
visible improvement over the last generation. With this politic SONY acting a little bit like Microsoft. The big diferences between the console generations are getting more washed out. The true question for the most cassual gamers will be: why nextgen?

While this certainly opens up a PS4 release as a more real possability, I'm not convinced this interview alone means it definitely is releasing on PS4 as well. I mean, it could, I still think it shouldn't personally, but it could have been a slip of the tongue or a translation issue giving the question and/or answer an unintended slant making it sound like he's confirming something he isn't. And before anyone says, but he's the Head of PlayStation Studios why would this be wrong? We've seen a lot indicate GT7 is a PS5 only title to date, so why would that be wrong either? One of them is, jurys out for me at this time.

Big news though, it certainly calls into question why to date it's very much been marketed for PS5 only, while the other cross gen games have advertised themselves accordingly. And given the release date for GT7 is next year, while the PS4 will still be somewhat relevent, I'd expect the shift to be heavilly towrads the PS5 by then so who knows. It's certainly muddled the waters :lol:.

Maybe the issues with satisfying demand are influencing matters behind the scenes. But I see GT7 as a system seller, so releasing cross gen will potentially hinder PS5 sales as the supply begins to meet and then overtake the demand, which will happen at some point.

Last edited:
If this is true, thats realy sad. Back in the old days a new console generation had a big
visible improvement over the last generation. With this politic SONY acting a little bit like Microsoft. The big diferences between the console generations are getting more washed out. The true question for the most cassual gamers will be: why nextgen?

It was all BS marketing from Sony. They knew these games would be cross-gen from the start but tried to hide it to hype up the ps5 as if it would have these amazing exclusives coming out soon that take advantage of the hardware.

Images taken months before disaster

62EEF0A2-5845-49E3-99A3-3BF9E166B87D.jpeg

Last edited:
Am I allowed to swear here? This is so frustrating. About a week ago they said that the next Horizon game is the only big AAA game that will also release on PS4. What a joke of a company.

"You've seen our most striking console design yet, and you've seen games that can ONLY BE ENJOYED WITH THE PS5's FEATURES AND POWER. At PlayStation we believe in GENERATIONAL TRANSITIONS and we've put years of work to make them happen. We want you to see the unique benefits of moving from one generation to the next."

- June 11 2020 (PS5 The Future Of Gaming Event) SIE President and CEO Jim Ryan.

Last edited:
It was all BS marketing from Sony. They knew these games would be cross-gen from the start but tried to hide it to hype up the ps5 as if it would have these amazing exclusives coming out soon that take advantage of the hardware.
Yes it seems so. When even the big god of war comes to the PS4, i wonder, what title will be left as a PS5 Exclusive? At the end all games are gross gen. The only consolation for me as a VR Enthusiast is, that GT7 seems to get a full VR support for the new PSVR2 Headset.

Last edited:
I don't think this was a "gotcha" marketing swindle from the beginning. Not sure if this has been explained/speculated before, but I do believe that Sony hit the panic button at the last moment because:
  • Sony does see PS5 shortage will continue for quite a while (as they've admitted)
  • Sony does see the mountain of scalped units as a real threat because there's no actual owner who will purchase games, accessories, gift cards, and subscriptions where they make their money, they've already hemorrhaged money on the manufacturing of the system itself
  • Sony does see games sales at risk of tanking because of all this
  • Sony doesn't want to release these AAA games that have been in development for years only to come out to terrible day 1 and week 1 and month 1 sales which also doubles as terrible PR in this heated console war
  • Sony also needs to make as much money back as much as possible because of the huge development costs this generation, which means they have to pimp out their games to PC as they have been doing

I don't think this was a "gotcha" marketing swindle from the beginning. Not sure if this has been explained/speculated before, but I do believe that Sony hit the panic button at the last moment because:
  • Sony does see PS5 shortage will continue for quite a while (as they've admitted)
  • Sony does see the mountain of scalped units as a real threat because there's no actual owner who will purchase games, accessories, gift cards, and subscriptions where they make their money, they've already hemorrhaged money on the manufacturing of the system itself
  • Sony does see games sales at risk of tanking because of all this
  • Sony doesn't want to release these AAA games that have been in development for years only to come out to terrible day 1 and week 1 and month 1 sales which also doubles as terrible PR in this heated console war
  • Sony also needs to make as much money back as much as possible because of the huge development costs this generation, which means they have to pimp out their games to PC as they have been doing
To adress these points, the PS5 shortage is a matter of demand exceeds supply, there isn't an actual shortage in the sense many people think there is as more PS5's have sold to date than PS4's sold in the respective period after launch.

Scalpers are not hogging the majority, or even a notable percentage of PS5's, they take a few, but the overall number is pretty insignificant at this point. Regardless, scalped consoles will make thier way to players, this will not concern Sony. I can certainly say I've had plenty of opportunity to purchase a PS5 from a large number of stores on and off over the past few months. I've chosen not to as I'm not desperate for a PS5 at this time. The continuing demand however is the reason stocks are running out periodically rather than scalpers.

More PS5's are in peoples homes than PS4's were at this stage after it's respective launch.

More PS5's are in peoples homes than PS4's were at this stage after it's respective launch.

Sony always want to make as much money back as possible, but they have a stratergy and will be sticking to that. Porting some games to PC will be something that they have planned for a long time and will not have been influenced by COVID or the PS5.

Last edited:
I just chimed into this and I am really shocked that SONY are kinda swaying towards the fatal idea of cross-generational game development.

1. First of all, we don't need this gaming title on the PS4 as that console has had it's cake and ate it all up with so many great triple A titles.
2. We need more titles for the PS5 or no one will care for the console come 6 months time when the autumn/winter cycle hits leading up to XMAS '21.
3. PD (looking at you KAZ) needs to get there ostrich neck up out of the sand and focus on the core of GT7, career mode, vehicle mods, better than DRIVECLUB (;)), E-sports should play a companion to the main game, not the other way round.
4. Keeping GT7 a "PS5 Exclusive" will boost the PS5's credibility as the top console of this console generation and not negate it as a distant cousin pal to the PS4 which doesn't really need new games anymore.
5. Lastly, PDigital will delay the game even more having to downgrade the game to run on PS4 hardware, you wont get 60-120FPS or ray-tracing at all!
6. Rather have remote play on PS5 to play when not at home, for GT7 than a port on the PS4.

Anyways, I'm hoping for some announcement soon either it be a about GT7 Cross-play :banghead: or new GT7 PS5 only footage not recycled junk!
Otherwise all we see like below & before in those trailers is pretty mute now and souring my enthusiasm for the title.

source.gif

Last edited:
there isn't an actual shortage in the sense many people think there is

Tell that to all the South African retailers. :lol: Besides the couple hundred launch units that got sold out in a matter of minutes, no word on when the next PS5/XSX shipments will arrive here due to international shortages, six plus months down the line. But XSS is available widely, though.

Last edited:
Tell that to all the South African retailers. :lol: Besides the couple hundred launch units that got sold out in a matter of minutes, no word on when the next PS5/XSX shipments will arrive here due to international shortages, six plus months down the line. But XSS is available widely, though.
Well I certainly can't speak for individual regions, but globally there has not been a shortage in the sense that they can't manufacture a high volume, the shortage is because demand is higher than it was for the PS4. If South African retailers are unable to obtain any/a decent number there may be specific factors at play there but I could only speculate.

Back