Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 38,931 comments
Right. Because I've been very cynical and disappointed about the current sad state of the series, and the fact that I complain about how PD isn't making Gran Turismo in the right way means that you have to ridicule me and brand me as a whiner ? How pathetic coming from you...
To be fair you did this to yourself with the constant hyperbole and low effort trolling. He just tied it all up in a beautiful little package for us all to see.

Be a better forum member and people wont ridicule you - simple as that.

Right. Because I've been very cynical and disappointed about the current sad state of the series, and the fact that I complain about how PD isn't making Gran Turismo in the right way means that you have to ridicule me and brand me as a whiner ? How pathetic coming from you...
You’re prematurely calling GT7 a lost cause and a piece of waste when we virtually know nothing about it and declaring the franchise dead when its clearly still very much alive. How do you expect to be taken seriously when you say unreasonable things like this?

Last edited:
To be fair you did this to yourself with the constant hyperbole and low effort trolling. He just tied it all up in a beautiful little package for us all to see.

Be a better forum member and people wont ridicule you - simple as that.
To be completely honest, I wasn't really trolling. I was just infuriated about the lack of information. I never meant to say such stuff about GT like this. I just can't help, but let this cynical feeling take over me. Again, I am not trolling. Was just ranting in rage tbh.

Last edited:
You’re prematurely calling GT7 a lost cause and a piece of waste when we virtually know nothing about it and declaring the franchise dead when its clearly still very much alive. How do you expect to be taken seriously when you say unreasonable things like this?
I was just angry to the point where I say stupid stuff like this, when I shouldn't have done it. I'm really sorry, but I've been in a foul mood lately due to both GT7 lack of information (right now, I'm finally okay with that) and my personal problems. I won't do things like that next time.

There are so many people who are able to patiently wait for news surrounding the game I don’t understand how a lack of news can anger you to that extent

There are so many people who are able to patiently wait for news surrounding the game I don’t understand how a lack of news can anger you to that extent
Some people just don't seem to have realistic expectations and understandings of how this all works. The game got delayed to 2022, there was no way on earth anything was going to be announced or shown in the past 6 months like some people kept expecting.

I personally don't expect to hear anything until May/June sort of time next year. If anything comes before then, it's a bonus.

Last edited:
Some people just don't seem to have realistic expectations and understandings of how this all works. The game got delayed to 2022, there was no way on earth anything was going to be announced or shown in the past 6 months like some people kept expecting.

I personally don't expect to hear anything until May/June sort of time next year. If anything comes before then, it's a bonus.
Again, I sincerely apologize for all that happened. Let's hope it gets better and peaceful from there on. :cheers:

Again, I sincerely apologize for all that happened. Let's hope it gets better and peaceful from there on. :cheers:
Not a problem. I wasn't singling anyone out, just broadly suggesting people temper their expectations based on past history of how Sony promote and announce their games.

I'm linking it a bit, to the car transfer from PSP and the (limited)credits transfer from GT3 to GT4.
As someone mentioned about the physics being different between a PS4 and PS5 version, GT7 would, essentially, be different games.
If both versions are made, how different would the games be to justify no file sharing? Sure, it's as simple as: it'll never happen, it does not have to happen, there's no reason why PD have to accommodate players in anyway. Just asking the question, in this discussion is all.
I'm sorry, I misunderstood you initial post. What I was saying was specifically about your garage being brought over, but I definitely agree that vinyls and what not should be able to, and don't see a reason why it wouldn't. There very likely wont be any different a game, in my opinion. They'll have to be, as the whole point of doing it this way, if they do do it, is because they want all the playerbase, so it wouldn't make sense to segregate them.

However, I really don't understand why the would transfer over peoples full garage. As far as cars transfered from PSP to GT console games, from what I can tell, that was only available for the arcade mode not the actual career mode? If that's the case, I can very well see that being a thing.

I get your asking questions, and I gave an answer. Like you allude to, that's a discussion; asking questions and getting answers/opinions.

Last edited:
How did I even get quoted by a simple asterisk Is beyond my knowledge.

Edit: just before you say that it wasn't just a simply asterisk your original quote, I am in need to say that I was just kidding lol, I'm out.

Last edited:

May/June 2022 until new info is too much. I think November/December 2021 is the right time we can expect the "second wave" of big news.

Q4 2022 is probably when the game is coming out, so on May/June 2022 we're likely to see the "third wave".

May/June 2022 until new info is too much. I think November/December 2021 is the right time we can expect the "second wave" of big news.

Q4 2022 is probably when the game is coming out, so on May/June 2022 we're likely to see the "third wave".
If Q4 is when the game is expected, than those May/June dates line up well with how things usually turn out. That's when we'll be the first wave of "big news." If we happen to get anything this year, I doubt there'll be anything big about it. If that turns out wrong, awesome, no issue there. Just doesn't seem that likely.

Horizon Forbidden West is expected Q4 2021 and Sony didn't talk about it or show anything in detail after the reveal until May 2021.

That's just how Sony do it these days. After the initial teaser reveal they don't promote it again until a few months before release.

Last edited:

I think people have the expectation to at least be given something to keep them interested. May/June next year is a tough pill to swallow but I know if that's what I expect anything sooner would be a treat. But not knowing anything at all is the killer.

I suspect Sony is playing the game based on lessons learned. GT5 launch was a disaster, so they're trying to prevent that. If you don't say anything, you can't let anyone down. I guess?

"Exclusive: Sony Interactive Entertainment CEO Says Players Only Remember Best Games"

TMTPOST: What is the most anticipated game for PS5?

Ryan: This is really a very difficult question to answer. In the next year or so, the games from our studios will include Horizon Forbidden West, and then we have a new game of GOD OF WAR. Of course, we also have many high-quality games developed by third parties available on PlayStation platform. FIFA has always been popular, and so is "Call of Duty". These games are very popular high-quality games in PlayStation community, whether it is from Sony or third-party. If we just talk about the works from our own studios, the most anticipated will be Horizon Forbidden West and the next God of War.

No mention of GT 🤔

"Exclusive: Sony Interactive Entertainment CEO Says Players Only Remember Best Games"

Ryan: This is really a very difficult question to answer. In the next year or so, the games from our studios will include Horizon Forbidden West, and then we have a new game of GOD OF WAR. Of course, we also have many high-quality games developed by third parties available on PlayStation platform. FIFA has always been popular, and so is "Call of Duty". These games are very popular high-quality games in PlayStation community, whether it is from Sony or third-party. If we just talk about the works from our own studios, the most anticipated will be Horizon Forbidden West and the next God of War.

No mention of GT 🤔
Of course there's no mention of GT, that's Jim Ryan speaking. That's what happens when a racing game hater is the president of Sony.

Last edited:
I think people have the expectation to at least be given something to keep them interested. May/June next year is a tough pill to swallow but I know if that's what I expect anything sooner would be a treat. But not knowing anything at all is the killer.

I suspect Sony is playing the game based on lessons learned. GT5 launch was a disaster, so they're trying to prevent that. If you don't say anything, you can't let anyone down. I guess?
I get that but honestly what can they say or show at this stage? They're not going to get into any details of the game yet, talk about features or anything, so short of pointlessly showing off a car model or two there isn't a lot they can share.

Obviously the main problem is that they announced the game and then it got delayed for probably a year, so that is just gonna extend the wait for full reveal, not much they can do about that.

Of course there's no mention of GT, that's Jim Ryan speaking. That's what happens when a racing game hater is the president of Sony.
Really, a "hater"? Sony has one of the most beloved franchise, this is Sony/Poly fault if the IP is so badly managed.
If GT7 looked as cool as Forza Horizon, I'm sure Sony would speak about it much more. But so far "Stunning visuals" 😂

2021-07-12-21_27_22-ps5-games-stunning-visuals-youtube-und-58-weitere-seiten-profil-1-%E2%80%93-png.1067139

Last edited:
So Horizon 2 is delayed to 2022 😕 i don't know, at this moment for me Gran Turismo 7 is a 2023 Q1 launch title but only for PS5

Last edited:

No mention of GT 🤔
Wow. This is the CEO of SIE speaking......
We know GT7 is far, far away, but not mentioning it AT ALL is a huge form of stupidity and disrespect towards players. It is one of the titles that made Playstation what it is today and made all of them richer.

Last edited:
Really, a "hater"? Sony has one of the most beloved franchise, this is Sony/Poly fault if the IP is so badly managed.
If GT7 looked as cool as Forza Horizon, I'm sure Sony would speak about it much more. But so far "Stunning visuals" 😂

2021-07-12-21_27_22-ps5-games-stunning-visuals-youtube-und-58-weitere-seiten-profil-1-%E2%80%93-png.1067139
I kinda get what he’s saying.

There was an interview some time ago that involved Jim Ryan being at a GT event - he talked about the older GT games at the event being “ancient”, and questioned why anybody would want to play them.

He actually received criticism about this recently, to the point where he had to come out and say that he doesn’t actually hate old games - kinda crazy he has to say that when he’s literally the President and CEO of SIE

Last edited:

No mention of GT 🤔
And what PS5 games are Sony going to be promoting next? Yup, HFW and GOW.

It's all about the product cycles. They'll start talking about GT7 non-stop after those, because they'll want people's attention on GT7.

No mention of GT 🤔
FIFA
"High-quality games"

Yeah... right...

Last edited:
Wow. This is the CEO of SIE speaking......
We know GT7 is far, far away, but not mentioning it AT ALL is a huge form of stupidity and disrespect towards players. It is one of the titles that made Playstation what it is today and made all of them richer.
You’re reading too much into this. Like way too much.

Back