Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,189 comments
1970_Daytona_001.jpg

Went searching about this 512S Kaz picked and found Girardo & Co. information about CN. 1004.

The car is in the form when it raced in the 1970 Daytona 24 Hours with Jacky Ickx and Peter Schetty, retiring after a tire blew.

Pretty sure Lexus is big and independent enough to decide if it wanted to as well. They've been alongside Toyota since GT2 So why wouldn't they now?
I never said that Lexus shouldn't be alongside Toyota. I was suggesting that Hyundai and Genesis would co-exist like Toyota and Lexus do.

Last edited:
Wait I realized my comment didn't have any sense, I was really sleepy... lol
It does make sense. The image in the gauges, is not the image through the front windscreen. That curve in the tunnel, reminds me of short tunnel in Deep Forest as well.

I never said that Lexus shouldn't be alongside Toyota. I was suggesting that Hyundai and Genesis would co-exist like Toyota and Lexus do.
And I never said you did, I just said that Lexus are independent enough to have decided on being there alongside Toyota as your post seems to suggest they are only there because Toyota allowed it.

Another 10 years, perhaps. Since 2012 they've only included the DB3S that won in 2013. Everything else, from the 500 Mondial that won in 2012 onwards, hasn't turned up.
Perhaps they have been waiting for the worthy Gran Turismo to add them all at once?

Another 10 years, perhaps. Since 2012 they've only included the DB3S that won in 2013. Everything else, from the 500 Mondial that won in 2012 onwards, hasn't turned up.
Winning the award isn't a guarantee the car will show up in GT. The owners have the right to refuse. An entry for "Ferrari 500 Mondial Pinin Farina Coupe CN.0422MD '54" was found in GT6's vehicle database but obviously was never modeled.

Winning the award isn't a guarantee the car will show up in GT. The owners have the right to refuse. An entry for "Ferrari 500 Mondial Pinin Farina Coupe CN.0422MD '54" was found in GT6's vehicle database but obviously was never modeled.
You'd think that would be agreed before giving the award. They've always said they'll come to a future game on the website. I can see one or two later running into troubles but every single one bar one since 2012?

Last edited:
500 Mondial strings can be found in GT6, according to TCRF. EDIT already told

Last edited:
And I never said you did, I just said that Lexus are independent enough to have decided on being there alongside Toyota as your post seems to suggest they are only there because Toyota allowed it.
That's not what I was suggesting. They happily co-exist as separate manufacturers and I assume Genesis will be treated as such DESPITE the presence of Hyundai.

That would make the announcement of the Fanatec partnership kinda-early 'though wouldn't it mate?
Possibly, but it could be that they're just sticking to the original agreed timeframe as when the game was releasing this year.

Obviously we're all just guessing on this though, I'm just going by how Sony have been doing it with their other first party games. Horizon being the most recent, we didn't see anything substantial (i.e. gameplay) until we were ~6 months before the planned release date.

Sure, the GT7 teaser already included gameplay so that's different but it was still serving only as a teaser. The deep dive in media/info, as far as I see it, won't come until ~6 months before planned release.

I wonder how they're going to handle exhaust upgrades this time around now that they're actually kinda trying with the sounds. Honestly, exhaust upgrades could do nothing to the sound and I'd prefer that over the engine swap sounds with each exhaust level that we got before.

I wonder how they're going to handle exhaust upgrades this time around now that they're actually kinda trying with the sounds. Honestly, exhaust upgrades could do nothing to the sound and I'd prefer that over the engine swap sounds with each exhaust level that we got before.
Not that it has any merit other than a screen shot, but a friends Silvia with an aftermarket exhaust was sound recorded by Sony early last year.

Last edited:
Back