Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 38,925 comments
The wait between GTSport and GT7 feels longer than between GT4 and GT5.

Because at least between GT4 and GT5 we had a Gran Turismo 5 Prologue.

Even do i'm not in a rush to buy a PS5 i'm not hyped yet by that new gen of consoles.

For those of us who didn't buy into GT Sport, the wait between regular titles has never been this long.

2013 -> 2021 / 2022? 8 -> 9 years. Uugghh... :gtpflag:

Last edited:

The gap from GT4 to GT5 was between 2087 days (Australia) and 2158 days (Japan).
If 7 comes out 2087 days after Sport, it'd be on 6 July 2023. Thankfully, the wait is expected to end 7-12 months earlier than that.
Keep in mind, between 4 and 5 was Tourist Trophy, GTHD (sort of), 5 Prologue, updates to 5 Prologue and GTPSP.
Conversely, between Sport and 7 there's been only Sport: 27 months of hefty content updates and then... a very light drizzle from Feb 2020 to (Month) 2022.

Even do i'm not in a rush to buy a PS5 i'm not hyped yet by that new gen of consoles.
And if they'd make both PS4 and PS5 version, it'd actually increase the wait as it takes time and money to release a game cross-gen.

I still find really uncomfortable that they can't even show "Gran Turismo 7 anticipated 2022". Is this crumb of information too much right now?

Well you can't delay something without a concrete release window. Smart move... I guess...

Last edited:
I still find really uncomfortable that they can't even show "Gran Turismo 7 anticipated 2022". Is this crumb of information too much right now?

Well you can't delay something without a concrete release window. Smart move... I guess...
Let's say we get used to that with PD. I remember the release date of GT5 in 2010 was such mess, we thought that game is never gonna be released.

I guess GT7 is for 2023. But deep inside me i know that i'm gonna be disappointed by the graphics and feel that we will have GTSport 2.0 in term of visual and sounds.

The gap from GT4 to GT5 was between 2087 days (Australia) and 2158 days (Japan).
If 7 comes out 2087 days after Sport, it'd be on 6 July 2023. Thankfully, the wait is expected to end 7-12 months earlier than that.
Keep in mind, between 4 and 5 was Tourist Trophy, GTHD (sort of), 5 Prologue, updates to 5 Prologue and GTPSP.
Conversely, between Sport and 7 there's been only Sport: 27 months of hefty content updates and then... a very light drizzle from Feb 2020 to (Month) 2022.
That's what i said above between GT4 and GT5 we had that GT5 Prologue to made us wait patiently.

But deep inside me i know that i'm gonna be disappointed by the graphics and feel that we will have GTSport 2.0 in term of visual and sounds.
Would you feel the same way if GT7 came out 2 years after GTS on PS4? Because that's what should've happened and no one would have blinked an eye.

Would you feel the same way if GT7 came out 2 years after GTS on PS4? Because that's what should've happened and no one would have blinked an eye.
I didn't know that it was supposed to be release 2 years after GTS. But it's different because the game got officially presented in 2020 for next gen consoles, so the expectation are much more bigger.

I mean, when a game comes out matters for the expectations of graphics. What is considered good in 2019 isn't going to be the same as what's considered good in 2022. That seems like an obvious statement, but apparently you needed it pointed out. Time does in fact continue to move forward and expectations for technology continue to evolve with it.

Last edited:
I mean, when a game comes out matters for the expectations of graphics. What is considered good in 2019 isn't going to be the same as what's considered good in 2022. That seems like an obvious statement, but apparently you needed it pointed out. Time does in fact continue to move forward and expectations for technology continue to evolve with it.
I think the difference between 2019 and 2022 expected graphics aren't as significant as you make them seem, and way above your expectation for a game that was already 75% built with next gen "in mind."

What if PD delays it again? It is ok make the game the best it can be.
Wasn't the case for GT5 before, longest delay and the release was messy. Dunno if now PD had problems with PS5 but it can be messy if they're going for cross-gen and cross gen game takes more time.

We
Wasn't the case for GT5 before, longest delay and the release was messy. Dunno if now PD had problems with PS5 but it can be messy if they're going for cross-gen and cross gen game takes more time.
Well learn from past mistakes move forward and give us best game or im going to Riot 😊

Been 15 months now since the GT7 reveal, and since then, pretty much nothing.

Since this is focusing on, among other things, PlayStation Studios and games comig this holiday and beyond .. I would be highly disappointed if there is no showing of Gran Turismo 7.

I'll be ready with the popcorn, bring it on!

Been 15 months now since the GT7 reveal, and since then, pretty much nothing.

Since this is focusing on, among other things, PlayStation Studios and games comig this holiday and beyond .. I would be highly disappointed if there is no showing of Gran Turismo 7.

I'll be ready with the popcorn, bring it on!
I honestly thought this time would've been different.
God I was so wrong

wrc10 dropped this week and they seem to have released it in reasonable time for a cross gen game

Will see how the reviews turn out this week

Last edited:
At this point it will be totally disrespectful if they don't even acknowledge the existence of GT7 on this event.

Yeah, we're (probably) still more than a year away from the release, but let's use the common sense. It's goddamn 15 months without relevant information besides the PS4 situation and the 2022 delay.

Back