Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 38,931 comments
Speaking of exciting cars coming to GT7...

Cf1vxwDUsAA3A9O.jpg

It wasn't a total surprise, but I'm happy for this wingless version - which I think is much more elegant.

Yep. Should have been in GT Sport. We got a few, then new, 2015 Mazda models. Especially, getting the GT3 Concept, the road car could have been packaged with it.

Seeing it racing the ZL1, I'm thinking the PP has the GT3 engine, just more weight added to the chassis.

GT6 still has the VGT cars showing up as "coming soon", lol. I was looking forward to Tesla VGT. Ford VGT looked crazy too. Lamborghini VGT was announced but still is not here.

And according to this (below), "Porsche will bring the design study “917 Living Legend” into Gran Turismo Sport. The integration will be implemented within the first half of 2020."

They do this **** again and again...

I'm very curious to see what the class situation will be like. We can see from the new release date trailer that Gr.1, Gr.3, Gr.4, and Gr.B are returning at the least, though I'm unsure about the N-Series. Indeed, I think the N-Series is no more, being replaced with the PP rating for road cars.

As for vehicles only seen in this trailer, I think my guess was correct on the Lamborghini VGT being in Gr.1, as you can catch the McLaren VGT between two of them - with one of the Lamborghini VGTs being seen from the cockpit. I think I also did really see the Porsche 917 Living Legend and the Jaguar VGT SV in a Gr.1 race set at night.

We also can clearly see that the Ford GT Race Car '18 is in Gr.3, just like other GTE-spec racers in GT Sport, like the Porsche 911 RSR.

As another poster pointed out, some Group C racers - or at least a Mazda 787B - were seen racing alongside some Gr.3 cars. I'm not sure if this means multi-class racing will be in GT7, or if it's just a clip made for demonstrative purposes.

Then, there's the Alfa Romeo 155 TI that's racing alongside the GT-R GT500 and I assume the Supra GT500 as well. I think these three cars could go into a variety of classes, including Gr.2. Both the Supra GT500 and GT-R GT500 have about 500 HP, after being rounded up. The latter weight 1200kgs while the Supra weights 1150kgs. However, the Alfa Romeo 155 TI only has 414 HP and about 1000kg. So as far as weight and power goes, all three of these cars could fit into Gr.2, especially with BoP taken into consideration.

One poster said the Alfa Romeo 155 TI could go into Gr.4 or Gr.3, but I disagree. Yes, it could fit if you solely take the power and weight into account, but I feel like Gr.4 is for race cars with much lighter modifications, whereas the 155 TI has this very elaborate aero kit that makes it seem like a better fit for Gr.2.

At any rate, I'm still holding out for new classes being added, if only for vintage prototypes, vintage grand tourers, and the quartet of racers that appeared at the 1954 24 Hours of Le Mans.

EDIT: I also anticipate sticking with my original plan, where I not only obtain at least one of every car in the game, but perhaps more than one of certain models, with one to leave as-stock and one to modify. This would more so apply to road cars and some Gr.X cars, rather than any race cars that are in the "staple" categories like Gr.3 or Gr.1.

EDIT2: I'm also hoping to see if we can do what we did in previous GT games, where you can jump right to the license tests without buying a car, and then potentially use the cars you win from the license tests.

Last edited:
Really glad Circuit de la Sarthe is still in after that Le Mans game announcement was bringing into questions about La Sarthe exclusivity. It's the best looking track next to Nuburgring in GTSport. Now with night and rain compatibility too.
The exclusivity was more about the official "24 Hours Of Le Mans" itself rather then the circuit. If PD were bring back the offline 24 Hour race, they could do it but just not use that exact name.

Last edited:
The exclusivity was more about the official "24 Hours Of Le Mans" itself rather then the circuit. If PD were bring back the offline 24 Hour race, they could do it but just not use that exact name.
Interestingly the 24Hr Le Mans logo is in that screenshot so perhaps even the event wasn't as exclusive as Motorsport Games made out. Or it hasn't kicked in yet.

Last edited:
Interestingly the 24Hr Le Mans logo is in that screenshot so perhaps even the event wasn't as exclusive as Motorsport Games made out. Or it hasn't kicked in yet.
That is fascinating to notice. Granted I believe that is a scrolling ticker so at best it could just be the track as it was in Sport and they haven't updated it to reflect the license. Of course as you say, it might not be as exclusive as Motorsport Games made it out to be.

Need to find the announcement just to be sure.

I'm very curious to see what the class situation will be like. We can see from the new release date trailer that Gr.1, Gr.3, Gr.4, and Gr.B are returning at the least, though I'm unsure about the N-Series. Indeed, I think the N-Series is no more, being replaced with the PP rating for road cars.

As for vehicles only seen in this trailer, I think my guess was correct on the Lamborghini VGT being in Gr.1, as you can catch the McLaren VGT between two of them - with one of the Lamborghini VGTs being seen from the cockpit. I think I also did really see the Porsche 917 Living Legend and the Jaguar VGT SV in a Gr.1 race set at night.

We also can clearly see that the Ford GT Race Car '18 is in Gr.3, just like other GTE-spec racers in GT Sport, like the Porsche 911 RSR.

As another poster pointed out, some Group C racers - or at least a Mazda 787B - were seen racing alongside some Gr.3 cars. I'm not sure if this means multi-class racing will be in GT7, or if it's just a clip made for demonstrative purposes.

Then, there's the Alfa Romeo 155 TI that's racing alongside the GT-R GT500 and I assume the Supra GT500 as well. I think these three cars could go into a variety of classes, including Gr.2. Both the Supra GT500 and GT-R GT500 have about 500 HP, after being rounded up. The latter weight 1200kgs while the Supra weights 1150kgs. However, the Alfa Romeo 155 TI only has 414 HP and about 1000kg. So as far as weight and power goes, all three of these cars could fit into Gr.2, especially with BoP taken into consideration.

One poster said the Alfa Romeo 155 TI could go into Gr.4 or Gr.3, but I disagree. Yes, it could fit if you solely take the power and weight into account, but I feel like Gr.4 is for race cars with much lighter modifications, whereas the 155 TI has this very elaborate aero kit that makes it seem like a better fit for Gr.2.

At any rate, I'm still holding out for new classes being added, if only for vintage prototypes, vintage grand tourers, and the quartet of racers that appeared at the 1954 24 Hours of Le Mans.

EDIT: I also anticipate sticking with my original plan, where I not only obtain at least one of every car in the game, but perhaps more than one of certain models, with one to leave as-stock and one to modify. This would more so apply to road cars and some Gr.X cars, rather than any race cars that are in the "staple" categories like Gr.3 or Gr.1.

EDIT2: I'm also hoping to see if we can do what we did in previous GT games, where you can jump right to the license tests without buying a car, and then potentially use the cars you win from the license tests.
TBH I hope they add a lot more classes. Maybe a "touring car" class for the older GT500s and the older DTM cars as they are far inferior to the newer Super GT cars (which also are a bit messy already with the 2013 and 2018 cars having to be BoPed with different aero a difference of 100hp).

A distinct GT1 class for the Toyota GT-One, Nissan R390 , Porsche 911 GT1, Mercedes CLK LM, McLaren F1 GTR Longtail (assuming and hoping they all make it in).
A distinct Group C and a distinct LMP class, maybe even a distinct LMPH class as they are difficult to bring in line with the non-hybrid ones.

IMO 4-10 cars per group that are balanced to race each other is preferable to the mess we had in GT Sports Gr. 1 for example.
Don't try to make groups of 20 or 30 cars that were never meant to race each other that can't ever be BoPed to make everything somewhat viable, that is fine for offline play as that has been in Gran Turismo forever but please PD, make things more structured for online.

Last edited:
There is a thread on resetera talking about a leaked list from NVIDIA suggesting the possibility of GT7 coming to the PC. Here is a snapshot of the list

unknown-26.png

Discussion here

The Alfa doesn't have the aero downforce nor tire width to compete at ALL with a GT500 spec car. Plus it's weight is MUCH higher up and the track not near as wide. Not even counting for the power deficit those old Class One touring cars would get absolutely smacked by even a turn of the century GT500 car.

Putting it in Gr.2 would be a horrible idea.

Last edited:
Maybe a few weeks from release, we'll see an introduction to the cars like this

Interesting to see the Bilstein livery Vantage paused, when the GR.3 cars are introduced.

oh, at the end, Tom says “150” cars. Yet, we got 168. That over 420 cars for GT7, could be 421-430. :lol::sly: Can’t wait.

Last edited:
There is a thread on resetera talking about a leaked list from NVIDIA suggesting the possibility of GT7 coming to the PC. Here is a snapshot of the list

unknown-26.png

Discussion here

There's also this from GTPlanet... which is us.

oh, at the end, Tom says “150” cars. Yet, we got 168. That over 420 cars for GT7, could be 421-430. :lol::sly: Can’t wait.
Realistically, that "over 420" could end up being anything from 421 to probably 450-ish. Functionally, that doesn't make that much difference to the game, how well selected the cars and groups are will probably make more difference than just having 7% more cars. And all it takes is a handful of duplicates to make the absolute number largely meaningless.

Now I don't think that anyone has mentioned this, but apologies if they already have. It's something that I found quite interesting.

Screenshot_2021-09-14-03-28-15-1-1.png

This is a zoomed in look at the Ford GT GTE that we're all aware of by now probably. Thing is though, that's not a GTE, it's a GTLM. That is 100% an IMSA numberboard on the side (#67 from what I can tell), and the WEC version would have the numberboard where that digital counter is infront of the rear wheel arch.

I believe I read somewhere at the time (around 2018, when this car is dated) that Polyphony were scanning some GTE/LM cars at one of the IMSA rounds (Rolex 24H of Daytona probably), as well as some DPi's. The fact that this is an IMSA car suggests to me that what I read all that time ago might be correct. Combining it with Daytona being officially back, and Road Atlanta found in the GT Sport code, there's perhaps a chance that we'll see some other GTE/LM's, and maybe the chance of some DPi's too.

Make of this what you will. We'll have no confirmation until either another trailer, or the game is out and it doesn't feature them.

EDIT: So Watkins Glen has been found in the code for GT Sport now. That further makes me think we'll see some more IMSA cars, as well as Sebring so we have all 4 tracks from the IMSA Endurance Cup. Still speculation and jigsaw-fitting though as mentioned above.

Last edited:
Realistically, that "over 420" could end up being anything from 421 to probably 450-ish. Functionally, that doesn't make that much difference to the game, how well selected the cars and groups are will probably make more difference than just having 7% more cars. And all it takes is a handful of duplicates to make the absolute number largely meaningless.
Base Models will definitely do that. I could see PD offering bodies in white again(makes no sense, when liveries get wiped clean in the editor). Most likely we’ll that after applying widebody kits.

Now I don't think that anyone has mentioned this, but apologies if they already have. It's something that I found quite interesting.

View attachment 1080389

This is a zoomed in look at the Ford GT GTE that we're all aware of by now probably. Thing is though, that's not a GTE, it's a GTLM. That is 100% an IMSA numberboard on the side (#67 from what I can tell), and the WEC version would have the numberboard where that digital counter is infront of the rear wheel arch.

I believe I read somewhere at the time (around 2018, when this car is dated) that Polyphony were scanning some GTE/LM cars at one of the IMSA rounds (Rolex 24H of Daytona probably), as well as some DPi's. The fact that this is an IMSA car suggests to me that what I read all that time ago might be correct. Combining it with Daytona being officially back, and Road Atlanta found in the GT Sport code, there's perhaps a chance that we'll see some other GTE/LM's, and maybe the chance of some DPi's too.

Make of this what you will. We'll have no confirmation until either another trailer, or the game is out and it doesn't feature them.
When I see an old gt500 car with a Mazda 787b and a modern gt3 car in the same race I highly doubt gran turismo is going that route. You have a better chance with project cars.
The thing is according to the website ( 90 track layouts) I think all the new tracks have been revealed ( trial mountain, high speed ring and Daytona). Maybe road Atlanta will be added later in an update or something

View attachment 1080389

I am very curious to know where you read about this.

Something that I don't see a lot of people discussing, is the audio/sound quality of the game. Looking at it right now, I assume that it won't really change much from GTS and that's a shame, since GTS is not a great sounding game. The cars kinda sound like vacuum cleaners and the Gr.3 cars all sound way too similar.

Good engine sounds can really increase the immersion for me. PD should take some notes from Assetto Corsa Competizione or even PC2.

Something that I don't see a lot of people discussing, is the audio/sound quality of the game. Looking at it right now, I assume that it won't really change much from GTS and that's a shame, since GTS is not a great sounding game. The cars kinda sound like vacuum cleaners and the Gr.3 cars all sound way too similar.

Good engine sounds can really increase the immersion for me. PD should take some notes from Assetto Corsa Competizione or even PC2.
I beg to differ. I actually think GT Sport is great sounding, for the most part anyway. Vision GT cars obviously sound worse, as they don’t have no real life counterparts to record audio from.

Improvements can be made, of course, but it’s not bad as it is in my opinion.

I beg to differ. I actually think GT Sport is great sounding, for the most part anyway. Vision GT cars obviously sound worse, as they don’t have no real life counterparts to record audio from.

Improvements can be made, of course, but it’s not bad as it is in my opinion.
I just feel like it could be so much better. I don't know if you've ever played ACC, but that game sounds so incredibly good. You can hear every creak and gravel hitting the car. The suspension creaks and the gearbox whine is glorious. Theres so much more noise than just engine sound and I wish GT was on that level.

Back