Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 38,928 comments
I just feel like it could be so much better. I don't know if you've ever played ACC, but that game sounds so incredibly good. You can hear every creak and gravel hitting the car. The suspension creaks and the gearbox whine is glorious. Theres so much more noise than just engine sound and I wish GT was on that level.
Fair enough, I’m gonna check it out when I get home from work.

I just feel like it could be so much better. I don't know if you've ever played ACC, but that game sounds so incredibly good. You can hear every creak and gravel hitting the car. The suspension creaks and the gearbox whine is glorious. Theres so much more noise than just engine sound and I wish GT was on that level.
GTS isn't amazing compared to other games that are out there, but I think it gets a pass from a lot of GT fans because it's incredibly better than the awful, awful sounds that we had to put up with in GT5 and 6. The sounds in GTS are at least not offensively distracting. It's a low bar, but it is what it is.

If Polyphony could take it up a notch that would be great, but we'll have to see. GT is a bit different from ACC because a lot of the cars are road cars with lots of sound damping, helical gearboxes and other creature comforts. Even a purely accurate sound isn't going to be the same as the raw fury you get from ACC race cars.

I’m not sure if this has been covered but here is the description for Gran Turismo 7 on the PS5 store:

1. The wording “over 90 track routes in dynamic weather” could either mean every track has changeable conditions or that maybe there are even more tracks but some without weather? I’m guessing the first scenario.

2. “Compete in GT Sport Mode” - I’m sure we all knew it was back, but confirmation.

F3ED5599-C6D4-4F5F-9147-3D8148BD6A93.jpeg

I’m not sure if this has been covered but here is the description for Gran Turismo 7 on the PS5 store:

1. The wording “over 90 track routes in dynamic weather” could either mean every track has changeable conditions or that maybe there are even more tracks but some without weather? I’m guessing the first scenario.

2. “Compete in GT Sport Mode” - I’m sure we all knew it was back, but confirmation.

View attachment 1080658
While you're looking at that, check out that release date... :lol:

View attachment 1080658
The Dutch description writes it like this: race with dynamic weather conditions on the 90 tracks. I think this basically says the 90(ish) tracks that will be in the game will all have dynamic weather.

While you're looking at that, check out that release date... :lol:
4th of March ‘22, but still no way of pre-ordering it yet

Also of note, split screen is back and up to 20 players online (I think that’s the case for GT Sport’s ‘Sport Mode’ but can’t remember)

There are also in-game purchases, and it states that trigger effects are required and an online connection is also required

539F4A82-4BAA-4D23-8C8F-1915953FA772.jpeg

8B2A8F41-BD08-4182-B12F-729A0201B9CB.jpeg

Last edited:

Also of note, split screen is back and up to 20 players online (I think that’s the case for GT Sport’s ‘Sport Mode’ but can’t remember). In-game purchases and it states that trigger effects and online connection are required

View attachment 1080659

View attachment 1080660
is this on the PS4 or PS5 store? Because the grid size not being larger than GTS is a bit dissappointing, even if it's only for online.

I feel it's pretty

Also of note, split screen is back and up to 20 players online (I think that’s the case for GT Sport’s ‘Sport Mode’ but can’t remember). In-game purchases and it states that trigger effects and online connection are required

View attachment 1080659

View attachment 1080660
Hmm, I was really hoping for more then 20 car grids. I run the Icelandic Gran Turismo leagues and I desperately want bigger grids. Also, a possibility of renting dedicated server would be awesome for leagues.

Really hope this is placeholder information and we will get bigger grids online, but with PS4 in the mix, there is bound to be some limiting factors.

is this on the PS4 or PS5 store? Because the grid size not being larger than GTS is a bit dissappointing, even if it's only for online.
I feel it's pretty

Hmm, I was really hoping for more then 20 car grids. I run the Icelandic Gran Turismo leagues and I desperately want bigger grids. Also, a possibility of renting dedicated server would be awesome for leagues.

Really hope this is placeholder information and we will get bigger grids online, but with PS4 in the mix, there is bound to be some limiting factors.
True, I would love to see bigger grids. There are videos out there of GT Sport running 38 cars on a standard PS4 so fingers crossed we get larger grids.
Maybe it’s different depending on the country? I’m not sure. But I wouldn’t complain getting it a day earlier haha

True, I would love to see bigger grids. There are videos out there of GT Sport running 38 cars on a standard PS4 so fingers crossed we get larger grids.

Maybe it’s different depending on the country? I’m not sure. But I wouldn’t complain getting it a day earlier haha
Yeah I've seen those, 38 cars on a rainy Nürburgring. Does give hope indeed. Guess we will have to wait and see, but I'm choosing to be cautiously optimistic :D

As much as larger grids would be nice, I think if it is possible, it will only be done in the PS5 version (for online at least).

The Alfa doesn't have the aero downforce nor tire width to compete at ALL with a GT500 spec car. Plus it's weight is MUCH higher up and the track not near as wide. Not even counting for the power deficit those old Class One touring cars would get absolutely smacked by even a turn of the century GT500 car.

Putting it in Gr.2 would be a horrible idea.
Perhaps so. Maybe they'll either get put into Gr.3, where the limit on drivetrains might get changed, or maybe a new group will come into being. I could see there being a Gr.A and/or Gr.C to compliment Gr.B, and could be for older Class One touring cars. But if Gr.3 lifts the limitation of only allowing RWD cars, that could also allow Bugatti to have a Gr.3 car, by way of the EB110 race car that was 4WD.

Honestly, I'm a bit surprised we're seeing any DTMeisterschaft cars with the Alfa Romeo, though it could be that it's the newer DTMasters cars that have licensing issues. Let's hope the 155 TI will be joined by the Mercedes-Benz 190E Evo II race car, as well. Heck, maybe we could even get the old Opel Calibra touring car, too.

With all this in mind, I highly doubt that these three cars (and potentially the 190E Evo II) will be going into Gr.4. I think they're too powerful and have too much downforce to be there.

That said, I do hope we see some returning GT300 cars (and/or maybe even some new ones) in Gr.3, as real-world GT300 cars race alongside FIA GT3-spec racers, too.

Last edited:
Now I don't think that anyone has mentioned this, but apologies if they already have. It's something that I found quite interesting.

View attachment 1080389

This is a zoomed in look at the Ford GT GTE that we're all aware of by now probably. Thing is though, that's not a GTE, it's a GTLM. That is 100% an IMSA numberboard on the side (#67 from what I can tell), and the WEC version would have the numberboard where that digital counter is infront of the rear wheel arch.

I believe I read somewhere at the time (around 2018, when this car is dated) that Polyphony were scanning some GTE/LM cars at one of the IMSA rounds (Rolex 24H of Daytona probably), as well as some DPi's. The fact that this is an IMSA car suggests to me that what I read all that time ago might be correct. Combining it with Daytona being officially back, and Road Atlanta found in the GT Sport code, there's perhaps a chance that we'll see some other GTE/LM's, and maybe the chance of some DPi's too.

Make of this what you will. We'll have no confirmation until either another trailer, or the game is out and it doesn't feature them.
1 - GTLM and GTE are the same thing, simply just a different choice of branding and they still (largely) follow the same regulations, prime example is how they renamed GT3 as GTD.

2 - A few cars being scanned from a series doesn't automatically guarantee the entire series being included in the game.

Let's keep expectations in-check and not got carried away as you'll be surprised how many people take stuff from this forum as face-value fact.

@MIE1992 @mwoodski - DTM cars from 1993 were lapping around the same pace as current GT4 cars, so they'd need a massive dose of BOP to even be keeping up with late-90's JGTC cars.

If it was the "F1 in a box" cars from 1994-1996, then you could put them in Gr.3 with a BOP boost as they're around 2-5 seconds off those laptimes and their only advantage would probably be mechanical grip.

Last edited:
@MIE1992 @mwoodski - DTM cars from 1993 were lapping around the same pace as current GT4 cars, so they'd need a massive dose of BOP to even be keeping up with late-90's JGTC cars.

If it was the "F1 in a box" cars from 1994-1996, then you could put them in Gr.3 with a BOP boost as they're around 2-5 seconds off those laptimes and their only advantage would probably be mechanical grip.
Yeah, I feel like the three cars racing alongside each other might've just been a clip put together for demo purposes, as the 155 TI's power/weight seems much more in-line with Gr.4 cars than the two GT500 cars.

I also didn't notice that the Ford GT Race Car '18 had an IMSA number board. I wouldn't look too far into that - though I think DPis/LMDh cars would be a fantastic way for various manufacturers to get Gr.1 representation, or alternative options. Cadillac, Acura, and Chevrolet are three automakers that come to mind, with Mazda and Nissan potentially getting their DPi cars as alternatives to their other Gr.1 offerings. And that's before we consider how it seems everybody's interested in LMDh, from Lamborghini to BMW.

Last edited:
2 player screen, god thanks for this PD

3/3/2022 and still no pre orders
Pre-orders depend when Sony want to update the console store with the details, I think a few other games need to be released first before we'll be able to order it.

My wish list is already updated for the notification of Pre-Order's!

Now we know for definite it's for PS4 and PS5 I was just going to buy a PS5 version of the game but of course with the real F1 drivers championship being so interesting I have a bet on with a friend so if Verstappen wins the title or Red Bull stay within 100 points of Mercedes I am buying BOTH versions otherwise it will be PS5 only.

Suffice to say faith is 'restored' following the new trailer and all info subsequently, now my fate just rests on the outcome of the real F1 2021 driver's title.

I also have my first livery in mind already inspired by the game's artwork!

Am also very happy because 4 March 2022 I will be at home that day so that means I can start playing the game immediately, as to if I do a midnight run I dunno but we'll see closer to the time!

Exactly on both accounts, either spec would be so out of depth in Gr.2 it wouldn't be funny.

Back