Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 38,938 comments
I found this background image on the updated home page of gran-turismo.com. I can't figure out what this track is.
That is wet weather Red Bull Ring, the grid fences immediately identified it for me on the pit wall.

High Speed Ring
That isn't wet weather and the pits are on the wrong side of the track. Also there are no grid markings on the High Speed Ring shot.

That is wet weather Red Bull Ring, the grid fences immediately identified it for me on the pit wall.

That isn't wet weather and the pits are on the wrong side of the track. Also there are no grid markings on the High Speed Ring shot.
So now we know where did Polyphony get inspiration from.

Inside of the data for Version 1.61 of Gran Turismo Sport, Watkins Glen gets added to the "probables for GT7" list, complete with a brand new model code. PoDi might actually be checking out those wishlists after all.

bKAEOWM.png

Also, the version's Makes list:
1JxmIDp.png
Watkins Glen? Well would you look at that! Now that's 3 of the 4 tracks from the IMSA Endurance Cup found in either a GT7 menu, or found in the code:

*Daytona
*Watkins Glen
*Road Atlanta

There's just 1 missing, which is Sebring. This new development might further back up the post I made about future GTE/LM's & DPi's when examining the Ford GT Race Car's numberboard.
Again read into that what you will. I don't have answers, just speculation based on the knowledge I have and putting jigsaw pieces together.

Last edited:
I wonder if the 20-player limit in GT7 has something to do with the fact that there'll be dynamic time/weather? It could be that increasing the size of the grid could cause lag, even without dynamic time/weather. That could especially be an issue in GT7's iteration of Sport Mode.

EDIT: I do recall hearing that in GTS, PD mentioned that the reason that dynamic time/weather was removed was because they wanted to prioritize the framerate, so I'm amazed they've been able to do that even on PS4.

I also wonder what sort of pre-order incentives there'll be?

Last edited:
I wonder if the 20-player limit in GT7 has something to do with the fact that there'll be dynamic time/weather? It could be that increasing the size of the grid could cause lag, even without dynamic time/weather. That could especially be an issue in GT7's iteration of Sport Mode.
It was 20 players in GTS' lobbies of any kind (was 24 in Daily Races and Top 24 Superstars) so I assume netcode/bandwidth issues.

It was 20 players in GTS' lobbies of any kind (was 24 in Daily Races and Top 24 Superstars) so I assume netcode/bandwidth issues.
Yeah, I'd rather not deal with any sort of lag if that's what a larger field comes with. I'm definitely happy with just having dynamic time/weather - hopefully it'll be enabled in online races.
Man, I'm honestly just hoping for the game to ship with a whole mess of 90's kei vehicles.

I'd be racing stock ones online with those for days.
Just having the Mazda Autozam AZ-1 would make me happy.

Last edited:
... - DTM cars from 1993 were lapping around the same pace as current GT4 cars, so they'd need a massive dose of BOP to even be keeping up with late-90's JGTC cars...
...OK, then explain how was Alfa Romeo 155 2.5 V6 Ti DTM doing around N24 8:45, while modern GT3 cars, are doing from 8:25 to well over 9:10... seems strange to me...

Proof:
1993 lap times and qually
2019 lap times and qually

Last edited:
That, and it could also very well be because of demanding features like mentioned.

Has anyone actually seen a mention of Dynamic Time anywhere? I've seen it plenty of times for weather, but not once for time.

Last edited:
Yeah, I definitely plan to have more than one of most models. Definitely one to leave as-stock, and at least another for modifications. Perhaps even multiple, for various regulations that we'll hopefully see in GT7's iteration of Sport Mode. I could especially see myself having several of the same exact car, if said model has a lot of options for parts.

I'm definitely glad to see the original GT-R there, too. If I had to pick between that, the C110, and the Giovanni Michelotti-designed BLRA-3, I'd say the original GT-R is the most important, though I'd love to see all three included in GT7, whether it'll be at launch or via DLC.

Last edited:
...OK, then explain how was Alfa Romeo 155 2.5 V6 Ti DTM doing around N24 8:45, while modern GT3 cars, are doing from 8:25 to well over 9:10... seems strange to me...

Proof:
1993 lap times and qually
2019 lap times and qually
22 seconds a lap slower is monsterous.

Nearly a second a km slower.

Also, when you key up the Q3 results the quickest GT3 car is running an 8'10. So 36 seconds a lap quicker, and that's with a much slower first chicane section.

Last edited:
22 seconds a lap slower is monsterous.

Nearly a second a km slower.
...yes it is, and then there is Audi R8 LMS that does same lap in 8:45, and imagine Z4 GT3 does it in 8:49, and lok, FC R GT3 does it in 8:51... those are GT3 cars as far as I am aware...

Last edited:
...yes it is, and then there is Audi R8 LMS that does same lap in 8:45, and imagine Z4 GT3 does it in 8:49, and lok, FC R GT3 does it in 8:51... those are GT3 cars as far as I am aware...
Do you not understand varying levels of driver talent???

How are slower times relative at all? The fastest times show the peak of the car performance, and clearly GT3 is way faster, even if some other cars are slower.

Had a look at the post with the code again. Jeep & Willys are listed as 2 different manufacturers
1JxmIDp.png

That means we might be getting another Jeep then, perhaps a more modern one?

Last edited:
"Over 90 track layouts" while GT Sport has 82 sounds a bit disappointing. Obviously they may add more stuff post release as in GT Sport but so far all we seem to get is GT Sport with dynamic weather, 4-5 new tracks at best (with only 2 of them being GT classics), an improved menu and a reskinned offline mode compared to the one we got in GTS and looked like an afterthought. I can't help but feel a bit disappointed despite holding low expectations as a person who has milked GTS to death. So far GT7 feels like a game we should have received 5 years ago rather than anything outstanding. The whole nostalgia trip in the trailer feels more than an attempt to mask the potential content shortcomings rather an honest comeback to series highs. Also if we keep on going with the Gr.4/Gr.3 model etc. I wish we could get a significant revamp/reshuffling of the models used in these categories but then I'd be probably asking a bit too much. I can't help but feel that if they meet the scheduled release date (which they haven't met for a few games now cause PD) we'll be in for another letdown. I'll still buy the game Day 1 cause I love the series to a point I'm used to all the shortcomings but if that's all they have to show for after 4 years of small additions and catering to an online only system that got old for many fast while being troubled by significant issues to this day and an FIA competition that catered to a couple thousands of players then it's just a sad image for PD as a whole, especially when you consider we won't be getting GT8 as a PS5 exclusive at least until 2025-2026 or so in a hope that we'll see anything completely different.

Of course we've only seen 2 trailers but you'd think that if they had anything more exciting for us to await, they'd at least hint that in these trailers. Let's see though. 6 months to go so maybe and hopefully this comment will age like cheap milk.

Last edited:
Inside of the data for Version 1.61 of Gran Turismo Sport, Watkins Glen gets added to the "probables for GT7" list, complete with a brand new model code. PoDi might actually be checking out those wishlists after all.

bKAEOWM.png
Hmm...not wanting to cause panic or anything, but reading through that list...
I hope I am either completely missing something and am 100% wrong, or I'm simply not understanding correctly, but, that list looks as if there is - potentially - no dynamic Time-of-Day :(

Each of those tracks comes with a very specific time of day next to it, as in the layouts are counted as dependant on the time of the day (third cell along for each track).

I mean, it could be that you can choose those specific times of day AND also set a dynamic lighting clock if you'd prefer, but it worries me a bit that they're listed as very specific times of the day. I really used to love setting the time of day to run x8 or x10 on The Ring, and set off hotlapping for hours, each lap getting darker as I go round, making it that much harder each time. Start early evening and race into the dark night.

Set times mean you could race for 24 hours and it would remain (for example) "morning" the entire day :(

I am pretty confused by their reasonably vague wording, though it seems that the weather should absolutely be dynamic at least. I also don't understand how ( ok, i know GT7 pushes FAR more higher resolution vectors about ) the Playstation THREE had both Dynamic Weather AND Time during the same race on GT5 (and6?) yet the Playstation 5 won't - possibly - have that? It HAS to be a design choice surely? Because why would the PS5 struggle, isn't it supposed to be a beast ?

Again though, I hope that i'm simply mis-interpreting the wording on that list and all will be fine, come launch. Some players are going to be fine with no dynamic time of day or even rainfall if that were the case, but, as long as we have the option to turn it on/off why would someone choose not to have it in the game? I personally feel that a true dynamic clock is AS important as dynamic weather. I don't know why, in 2022(eventually) people would be perfectly happy for GT7 to ignore something that would add so much dynamism to races in the game.

I'm now paranoid haha, but I'm also not too confident on snowfall being on the track and that most recent trailer was merely showing off snow during Scapes mode :S Again GT5 (and6?) had snow during races. Why would they (potentially) go backwards with this in GT7 ?

If I've completely mis-read that list, please feel to delete this post mods, so i'm not cluttering the forum up with needless conspiracies and/or nonsense
:)

Sorry mods, I was completely up the wrong alley here, please delete at your leisure :)

Last edited:
Had a look at the post with the code again. Jeep & Willys are listed as 2 different manufacturers
View attachment 1080695
That means we might be getting another Jeep then, perhaps a more modern one?
So that makes what we saw in the Trailer is a Willys MB and we more then likely might have a specific Jeep Model (Maybe a Cherokee since its the first model that springs to mind).

Hmm...not wanting to cause panic or anything, but reading through that list...
I hope I am either completely missing something and am 100% wrong, or I'm simply not understanding correctly, but, that list looks as if there is - potentially - no dynamic Time-of-Da
That is data for Gran Turismo Sport, if the tracks were included there, as they presumably have been in testing internally. Remember, we're never meant to see this.

Last edited:
That is data for Gran Turismo Sport, if the tracks were included there, as the presumably have been in testing internally. Remember, we're never meant to see this.
Oh my GOD, i feel so dumb right now :D :D :D

Thank you for pointing out that its related to GT:Sport, i definitely read it ALL wrong :D

D'oh!

...who cares about that, most important is that 93' DTM car can compete 😂🤣
You just compared the fastest Alfa time to the slowest GT3's... and yeah, its about the driver. I can drive a GR4 faster around the ring than some do with GR3. Not saying i am professional though. I had some japanese guy beat me (SS) with hard tires easily too. As he said, 8:10 (best GT3) to 8:46 (best Alfa) is massive. 36 seconds difference. Just for comparison, the fastest GT4 (AMG GT4 in Q2) ran 8:51. A mere 5 seconds slower than the Alfa.

Was there a digital collectors edition of GT Sport with the die cast model etc? I’m probably going to get the best edition possible of GT7 when it comes out, but would maybe prefer to get it digitally. I have had a look online and all I see is physical copies (of the GT Sport Collectors Edition).

I guess with the introduction of the PS5 Digital they would maybe need to consider this now?

Was there a digital collectors edition of GT Sport with the die cast model etc?
No. It's a digitally delivered version of the game with no physical presence - so there's no physical add ons...

One thing I'm definitely curious about is the campaign, especially with the cars we've seen get revealed already. I'm personally hoping for many events connected to the manufacturers, like in GT4. I could especially see a few events for Porsche, in this regard. And with the return of more in-depth customization like wide bodykits on that NSX Type R, I'd imagine the Tuning Car Grand Prix would be returning, too.

I also imagine that endurance races will have quite a presence in GT7, considering the return of dynamic time/weather. I just hope that they'll be much more in-line with GT3's endurance races as far as length goes, with none being over 4 hours. That wouldn't just be bearable, but also realistic, as even in 24-hour races, it's never one driver doing the entire 24 hours. I can only assume a Gr.1 endurance at Le Mans will be present, and likely a Gr.3 endurance at the Nurburgring Nordschleife. GT6's endurances seemed too short - though I admit I never got around to buying GT6 - whereas the 12 and 24-hour races in GT4 and GT5 seemed absolutely insane.

EDIT: I would also imagine the campaign overall will reflect the emphasis on the past, present, and future - including events for both vintage road cars and race cars of various sorts. Knowing PD, I'm sure they'll do something real interesting we'd never see coming, like a pre-WWII road car event.

Last edited:
Back