Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,157 comments

Not sure if posted, but I haven’t seen it.

I think they used it only for the trailer, much like how that weird Piers Baron song was in the first two trailers for Sport and wasn't in the final game itself. Besides, it's too short to be used for race music, so...

Last edited:
True, and yet there are people who loathes returning features due to treating it outdated as a past thing, but personally I hate when game features are removed (and I'm requesting it to return), and I was livid several times in other non-GT game sequels when they do this.

Similarly it also happened to GT's Practice and Qualifying. It's factually wrong if people claim PD never know anything about motorsports like Qualifying as they did implement that, in the very first game to boot (and GT3). But I guess it's them not improving AI and instead resorting to removing an important aspect for racing (and later making races rolling start) to make it "harder" for the player.
It would be good if we get qualify system in GT7 and maybe even disqualification and stuff like that

I'm really hoping there would be no more Lenny Ibizarre music for GT7. Especially "Melancholia" which should have never been in GT Sport to begin with. My only favorite songs from him were "Vision" and "Sixtyfour Hippos", though. The rest are a bore-fest and makes you want to fall asleep playing the game.

One more thing, I wonder how PS5 users will get to access the digital soundtrack, especially since I'll be getting the game for my PS5, and that I don't have a PS4 anymore.
PD should put the music playlist feature on GT7, every past GTs since GT3 had it
That way we can just disable music we don't like

PD should put the music playlist feature on GT7, every past GTs since GT3 had it
That way we can just disable music we don't like
As nonsensical as it was, the only legitimate reason I can think of on why Sport omitted such a basic feature is because it was focused on esports. No serious esports player like Fraga and Hizal is going to have the music on while trying to outrace their opponents.

Last edited:
I'm very hyped!
Happy Snow GIF by Outside TV

I wonder if there will be any additional number boards in the livery editor in GT7, like maybe some official ones from the N24 etc? Even some new fonts for the GT number boards would be a welcome addition!

I bet the remaining 50-odd cars that haven't been revealed yet will have an approximate makeup as follows:

~30% new to GT
~70% absent from GT Sport, last seen in a prior GT game (e.g. Mazda efini RX-7 FD '91)

as well as being

~70% contemporary vehicles (e.g. 2005 or later)
~30% classic vehicles (e.g. before 2005)

and

~75% being road cars
~20% being race cars
~5% being cars that would otherwise go into Gr.X in GTS, such as more radical concept cars like the Honda 2&4 Concept, track-only cars like the Pagani Zonda R, or cars without anything similar like the Mercedes-Benz 300 SEL that won at Spa-Francorchamps in '71, as well as the Mercedes-AMG W08.

This isn't counting cars associated with GT/PD, such as the Pebble Beach/SEMA winners, the Vazirani Shul, or future VGTs that've yet to be revealed.

Where am I getting these numbers, you ask? Why, I'm making them up, of course! But I'd say it's a decent guess, no?

Anyway, I think these breakdowns could apply to future car DLC. Similarly, I think most tracks that will be DLC in GT7 will be returning from older titles, whether this could be Silverstone, Monaco, Deep Forest, and so on, but still having a notable fraction of them being entirely new to GT, and very well could include courses that aren't meant for racing, but instead for time attacks or other modes, like the Circuito de la Sierra Time Rally or the Goodwood Hillclimb. We can't rule out entirely new original courses being added, either, like St. Croix was in GTS.

Last edited:
Weird, the hay on Tsukuba is using the same exact model design but for whatever reason they made them look like rock slabs on GT7. I'm not sure which one I'd call better or worse.

Weird, the hay on Tsukuba is using the same exact model design but for whatever reason they made them look like rock slabs on GT7. I'm not sure which one I'd call better or worse.
GT7 shows a clear textures resolution advantage, more grass, more details on the nets, dynamic TOD and whether → I'm not sure which one I'd call better or worse

LOL

Last edited:
The top one definitely lines up more on with the previous iteration, while the wet one seems to line up more with GT7 yet still doesn't look like a full on rock slab like it does.

GT7 shows a clear textures resolution advantage, more grass, more details on the nets, dynamic TOD and whether → I'm not sure which one I'd call better or worse

LOL
It's hilarious how much trouble you have actually reading. Where did I mention anything besides the hay? Are you intentionally deciding not to read it or is it just a reading comprehension issue? So dumb seeing how you go about things instead of taking the time to actually understand what you're responding to. You're love for Gran Turismo is causing you to post some outright asinine things, and no one is even picking a fight with anything so not sure why you're so aggressive about it.

Last edited:
The top one definitely lines up more on with the previous iteration, while the wet one seems to line up more with GT7 yet still doesn't look like a full on rock slab like it does.

It's hilarious how much trouble you have actually reading. Where did I mention anything besides the hay? Are you intentionally deciding not to read it or is it just a reading comprehension issue? So dumb seeing how you go about things instead of taking the time to actually understand what you're responding to. You're love for Gran Turismo is causing you to post some outright asinine things, and no one is even picking a fight with anything so not sure why you're so aggressive about it.
Maybe there's a language barrier? Maybe what you said happens to be the case too, but great job of being incredibly condescending about it though!

Last edited:
View attachment 1082164
If you look closely, you can see rust marks and the clear damage, and it's the same on both vehicles so I am guessing it will be the same case as that Audi R18 TDI 2011 Le Mans model with the scratches and stuff.
A few other vehicles in the past were modelled with imperfections such as the VW Schwimmwagen. There are scratches around the propeller shroud and other various scratches and rust marks around the car.
DAC4A51F-3376-464E-9926-50D4BF432B15.jpeg

Back