Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 38,928 comments
...a little more of the Porsche in this banner. :lol:
GT7banner.png

View attachment 1082164
If you look closely, you can see rust marks and the clear damage, and it's the same on both vehicles so I am guessing it will be the same case as that Audi R18 TDI 2011 Le Mans model with the scratches and stuff.
Should go a step further and make different sets of scratches, rust and dings, with different number plate & serial numbers, to collect them all.

Well, Kaz is quoted there saying others are being worked on, so that's good news :)

They said Deep Forest was being worked on five years ago lol

Here's something we could speculate on, especially since most of the cars in GT7's list will be imported from Sport: what sort of collections could GT Cafe have us doing? It seems that there are two trios confirmed so far:

Kei Cars - Daihatsu Copen, Honda Beat, Honda S660

Japanese Compacts - Toyota Aqua S, Mazda Demio XD, Honda Fit Hybrid

I can only imagine that some collections will have more than three cars, but here were my guesses:

Classic American Muscle - Ford Mustang Boss 429, Chevrolet Corvette C3, Dodge Challenger R/T

Group C - Mercedes-Benz Sauber C9, Jaguar XJR-9, Mazda 787B, Nissan R92CP

2016 LM24 - Porsche 919, Toyota TS050, Audi R18 '16

Italian Classic Supercars - De Tomaso Pantera, Ferrari 512bb, Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary

Super GT500 2016

Super GT500 2008

Red Bull
- Red Bull X2014 Jr, Red Bull X2014 Standard, Red Bull X2019 Competition

British Classics - Mini Cooper S '65, Jaguar E-Type, Aston Martin DB5

Track Days Only - BAC Mono, McLaren P1 GTR, Pagani Zonda R

Electric Cars - BMW i3, Tesla Model S, Porsche Taycan

1960s Prototypes - Jaguar XJ13, Ford Mark IV, Ferrari 330 P4

1960s Grand Tourers - Shelby Daytona Coupe, Ferrari 250GTO '62, Alfa Romeo TZ2

Coach-built - Zagato IsoRivolta VGT, Fittipaldi Motors EF7 VGT, Nissan GT-R50*

I don't think we'll see too many collections that overlap with the motifs of the campaign events. For example, on the official webpage for GT7, we can see there's an event for both European hatchbacks and specifically French hatchbacks, so I don't think we'd see a collection for those, too. I also think most of these collections will encourage you to collect cars from more than one automaker, so I don't think we'll see a collection just for the 86, the Supra, Fairlady Z, and so on - though there may be some exceptions, as I think collecting all the Skyline GT-R models will be a challenge that will likely be present.

Hopefully, if there's any overlap between the GT Cafe collections and the campaign events, it'll be well-integrated.

One thing I also hope for, is that Volvo and Lotus will be added as DLC down the line. I recall hearing that Lotus was definitely interested in re-joining GT, too. Given that we know car/track DLC will be a thing for GT7, I bet we could see new events in the campaign, as well as potentially seeing additional GT Cafe collections.

* If added.

EDIT: Given the relationship between GT and Toyota, I could totally see there being a GT Cafe collection featuring GR-labeled cars, such as the GR Supra, GR Yaris, and the GR 86.

EDIT2: I could also see there being a "Type R" collection, where you have to get the Integra Type R, the NSX Type R, and one of the Civic Type R iterations.

EDIT3: Then there's the idea that there could be a FIA GT3 collection, which would include the Aston Martin Vantage GT3, the Mercedes-Benz AMG GT3, and the Lamborghini Huracan GT3.

EDTI4: Instead of there being a collection for "British Classics," there could alternatively be a collection for 1960s European Compacts, and would include the Volkswagen Beetle '66, the Fiat 500F '68, and the Mini Cooper '65.

EDIT5: Now that we have both the Ford F-150 SVT Raptor and the Toyota Tundra TRD Pro, I think we could end up having a Sport Truck collection if they add the Chevrolet Colorado ZR2.

This is exactly how PD should be grouping their cars. If they add proper default liveries and decent AI, some of these offline events will resemble actual races

This is a video comparing aspects of GT6 to GT7 and while 7 is obviously evolutionary the differences in presentation are pretty stark. A video comparison begins at 3:25.

They even compare the same corners of tracks in the same conditions and wow, the graphical improvement is pretty intense.

The pre-order did give some hefiy bonuses like high end cars and million credits, but they did forget one important thing, they should also give some License passes as well, though there would still be no results in the Licenses, but you can still try to gold them for getting the prize cars (like GT4's GT3 Transfer).

Last edited:
I wonder if my experience level will increase, once my bonus Cr. applied. Each t8me I’ve restarted, whatever Cr I received from FIA bonus, Mazda bonus, and even the Olympic bonus, it raised my Experience level. Anyone who bought the GT Sport pre-order, did you level up after starting the game?

This is a video comparing aspects of GT6 to GT7 and while 7 is obviously evolutionary the differences in presentation are pretty stark. A video comparison begins at 3:25.

They even compare the same corners of tracks in the same conditions and wow, the graphical improvement is pretty intense.

I can still see the pixels on those rocks and vegetations, I can't believe this a PS5 game, therefore, I ain't gonna buy it.

It's that song!!! 🙏 Hope it'll be back in GT7!!

Just hoping it's not an EV. I have hope it has some powerful engine if the air vents on the roof have exhausts.
I also hope it's not EV. Otherwise it would 'compete' with Mission R, which at some point - I think - will be in GT7.

PorscheMissionR.png

Last edited:
Maybe there's a language barrier? Maybe what you said happens to be the case too, but great job of being incredibly condescending about it though!
What he said definitely happens to be the case, but what does literally any of that have to do with what I said? If he's going to use things I didn't say as a way to make it seem like I'm making things up then you're right, I'm definitely going to be condescending to someone who is being dishonest, intentionally or otherwise. The fact that he misconstrues something literally every single time makes it seem more intentional than not. He's been banned plenty of times for doing exactly that over the years - So if he is going to keep going about it that way, than I'm going to continue bringing it up in such a way.

Last edited:
One thing I've realized lately, is that it seems like there'll be at least a little overlap between the GT Cafe collections and the various campaign events, with the French Hot Hatches motif being one such example. I could see there being similar motifs where there's both a collection and an event, especially if these events from previous games return:

Race of the Red "R" Emblem
Nissan Skyline GT-R (KPGC10)
Nissan Skyline GT-R (R32)
Nissan Skyline GT-R (R33)
Nissan Skyline GT-R (R34)

Type R Meeting
Honda NSX Type R '92
Honda Integra Type R '98
Honda Civic Type R '98

Evolution Meeting
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution V
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Final Edition

Supra Legend
Toyota Supra (A70)
Toyota Supra (A80)
Toyota GR Supra (A90)

Z Heritage
Nissan Fairlady Z (Z33)
Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34)
Nissan Fairlady Z 300ZX

Silvia Sisters
Nissan Silvia K's
Nissan Silvia Q's
Nissan Silvia Spec-R Aero

Stars of Pleiades

Subaru Impreza STi 22B '98
Subaru Impreza WRX STi Type R '99
Subaru WRX STI Type S '14

However, with all this in mind, I'm not sure if there'll be collections that will feature cars all from the same automaker, or if most (if not all) of them will try to feature as wide of a variety of manufacturers as possible. I do know the Kei Car collection has two Honda models as well as the Daihatsu Copen, but even then, that's not the same as something like a "Type R" collection, which would entirely feature Honda models.

I could see the collections having solid synergy with the campaign events, where if you buy a car to compete in a given campaign event, you've already begun to work towards completing a given collection. Maybe you could even have a random prize car that fits into the event's motif, and would also work towards the collection.

Last edited:
The pre-order did give some hefiy bonuses like high end cars and million credits, but they did forget one important thing, they should also give some License passes as well, though there would still be no results in the Licenses, but you can still try to gold them for getting the prize cars (like GT4's GT3 Transfer).
Passing licenses may be a grind but in my opinion it's one of the most nostalgic and important aspects of a Gran Turismo game. Probably more than any other feature, GT's license tests are what separates that game from any others and their difficulty is a hallmark of the series. The sense of accomplishment one gets from passing them is valuable. Simply skipping the license tests renders the whole thing pointless and no different than any other game. Might as well go play Call of Duty at that rate. It's upsetting to me that people want to shortchange themselves in experiences just to make a quick buck.

Last edited:
I also hope it's not EV. Otherwise it would 'compete' with Mission R, which at some point - I think - will be in GT7.

View attachment 1082229
The cover car looks very closely related to the Mission R. Perhaps a street version.

The fact is that by the time GT8 comes along the game will probably have dozens of EVs in it. I'm not looking forward to it. I think sports cars especially should be a sacred domain that don't get electrified.

Last edited:
Passing licenses may be a grind but in my opinion it's one of the most nostalgic and important aspects of a Gran Turismo game. Probably more than any other feature, GT's license tests are what separates that game from any others and their difficulty is a hallmark of the series. The sense of accomplishment one gets from passing them is valuable. Simply skipping the license tests renders the whole thing pointless and no different than any other game. Might as well go play Call of Duty at that rate. It's upsetting to me that people want to shortchange themselves in experiences just to make a quick buck.
Is it really an "experience" if it's just the exact same thing you've done 7 times over already with zero innovation or new ideas? Doing something over and over again each game needs more incentive than nostalgia for me.

It's ironic you bring up Call Of Duty because what you're championing is exactly what games like that do, re-packaging the exact same gameplay in each game.

The cover car looks very closely related to the Mission R. Perhaps a street version.

The fact is that by the time GT8 comes along the game will probably have dozens of EVs in it. I'm not looking forward to it. I think sports cars especially should be a sacred domain that don't get electrified.
Well, I've taken a close look at the back of both cars and I'm convinced it's not the same car, or a variation.

And about electric cars, let's hope that Porsche's synthetic fuel project succeeds. ;)

Last edited:
Is it really an "experience" if it's just the exact same thing you've done 7 times over already with zero innovation or new ideas? Doing something over and over again each game needs more incentive than nostalgia for me.

It's ironic you bring up Call Of Duty because what you're championing is exactly what games like that do, re-packaging the exact same gameplay in each game.
You're right about the repackaging part but that's not what I was referring to. I was referring to how games like CoD and others that seem to be annual releases almost seem to have no history at all, and the players move on from one to the next and completely forget about what came before it. While on the surface the license tests are technically just the same thing over and over again, I view that as a rite of passage and the game developers making a conscious effort to connect new games to the classics. An important factor to demonstrate is that while GT almost fell into the multiplayer trap, the developers decided to bring it back to its roots, rather than just repackage the same multiplayer-focused game every year.

I might just be biased because this is the series I've chosen to follow and study. I've got that old-head culture because I've experienced all the others so maybe I don't get what other series are bringing to the table.

You're right about the repackaging part but that's not what I was referring to. I was referring to how games like CoD and others that seem to be annual releases almost seem to have no history at all, and the players move on from one to the next and completely forget about what came before it. While on the surface the license tests are technically just the same thing over and over again, I view that as a rite of passage and the game developers making a conscious effort to connect new games to the classics. An important factor to demonstrate is that while GT almost fell into the multiplayer trap, the developers decided to bring it back to its roots, rather than just repackage the same multiplayer-focused game every year.

I might just be biased because this is the series I've chosen to follow and study. I've got that old-head culture because I've experienced all the others so maybe I don't get what other series are bringing to the table.
I absolutely agree that game series like this with an identity are more memorable and cohesive feeling from one to the next, and GT certainly has identity, I just don't understand PDs reluctance to try and enhance and evolve that identity.

As I've said before, the idea of license tests in GT1 was absolutely revolutionary and a unique part of what was then a new series. GT1 was for a lot of people (including an 11yo me) the first time with a 'realistic' style racing game, instead of stuff like Ridge Racer. So they were valuable to learn the basics of real driving, even if PS1 physics weren't exactly that true to life.

But that was 25 years ago. Time moves on. We've had 7 full titles with the same basic premise for license tests over and over again. The racing game genre has moved on, there are now plenty of realistic titles and it's surely more well-known how driving a real car works among even the younger players. Heck, even playing something like GTA kids are going to learn the basics. They'll experience understeer even if they're not totally clear what it is.

I'm not saying they should remove license tests entirely, I just have very little excitement and enthusiasm about doing the exact same thing yet again so yes, might as well let me skip them. At least the first few. Maybe the last couple with tough full lap tests would be engaging.

I absolutely agree that game series like this with an identity are more memorable and cohesive feeling from one to the next, and GT certainly has identity, I just don't understand PDs reluctance to try and enhance and evolve that identity.

As I've said before, the idea of license tests in GT1 was absolutely revolutionary and a unique part of what was then a new series. GT1 was for a lot of people (including an 11yo me) the first time with a 'realistic' style racing game, instead of stuff like Ridge Racer. So they were valuable to learn the basics of real driving, even if PS1 physics weren't exactly that true to life.

But that was 25 years ago. Time moves on. We've had 7 full titles with the same basic premise for license tests over and over again. The racing game genre has moved on, there are now plenty of realistic titles and it's surely more well-known how driving a real car works among even the younger players. Heck, even playing something like GTA kids are going to learn the basics. They'll experience understeer even if they're not totally clear what it is.

I'm not saying they should remove license tests entirely, I just have very little excitement and enthusiasm about doing the exact same thing yet again so yes, might as well let me skip them. At least the first few. Maybe the last couple with tough full lap tests would be engaging.
Then the option should exist. Heck, I'm not even happy about getting a bunch of credits for the anniversary edition. If that were an option I'd turn that off as well.

Back