Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 38,920 comments
True what some call enjoyment some find to much like hard work, I have seen friends spend an hour or more trying to beat certain track times or to win races which are very difficult. I can't be bothered with all that I prefer a drive around the track without AI being loads quicker than my car or AI blocking or slowing in corners where going wide around them leads to slowing right down to avoid a collison or for my car to leave the track. The really difficult races I don't attempt more than once or twice as I know my limits and I know one slight mistake on some races and you know your going to be last.......not for me but some love that kind of gaming level so as I said before I just hope a difficulty slider can operate for the whole game so the not so good like myself can enjoy the whole game not just the early parts then find it to tricky.

I never even said that experience means winning. I refer to grind as replaying the events over and over, positions don't matter.
Yeah so as I said, it's not particularly hard to make sure grinding isn't required. At a super basic level you'd perhaps have 5 events open to start with, 5 races per event. 25 total. Once you've completed 15 races, or equivelant mileage if you actually do prefer to do the same one over again (More choices) the next batch will unlock. In reality you'd have to plan it all out ahead in much more detail, but you get the gist.

im tryin to be optimistic here.
comparing with gt sport against ps4, gt7 will come at a earlier stage of the ps5 console(since technically gt7 is not a fully brand new game), so we would likely expect a longer lively updated lifespan of gt7 than gt sport.
almost more than 1/3 of the contents of gt sport are added to the game after the game release, and the game changed a lot on many aspects.
so i would assume we may receive something really better than the trailer provided at least bout 1 yr after release.

I must be trippin’ again(getting old). So, where is Arcade Mode? As in, Practice Mode(if that’s coming back, not to be confused with Time Trial), Single Race, Time Trial, Drift Trial, Custom Race, 2P Split Screen, VR Tour. aim looking at each icon. Unless the map is bigger than what is shown, I’m trying to figure where it is.

I must be trippin’ again(getting old). So, where is Arcade Mode? As in, Practice Mode(if that’s coming back, not to be confused with Time Trial), Single Race, Time Trial, Drift Trial, Custom Race, 2P Split Screen, VR Tour. aim looking at each icon. Unless the map is bigger than what is shown, I’m trying to figure where it is.
Single player in the older games up to GT5 it was in a separate menu from the map

Single player in the older games up to GT5 it was in a separate menu from the map
I do remember the separate discs in GT1.

Someone asked about the collesium on the map(could have been me :lol:). From GT4, they’re Labelled as various events. It’s possible instead of events spread over the map, they’ve been localised to one location/icon. I don’t know.

For games like GT1-GT5, the Arcade menu is located in the significantly simpler main menu, where the map menu (except GT5, but still separate) is located in GT Mode.
1634107285626.png

And I guess like I said before about the GT World being the GT7 equivalent of GT4's course selection, I guess anything to do with the track will be placed there (Custom Race or 2P split screen chooses various tracks, so probably Arcade should still has its own section), and it's seen too in the 1st trailer (Time Trial, Drift Trial, etc.):
1634107748057.png

My hopes for the Daily Races - or whatever replaces them - are basically split into two scenarios. The first idea is that all the races are one-makes involving various groups, so that there's more focus on the driver. After all, it's called Driver Rating, not Manufacturer Ranking. The other idea would have Daily Races be much more volatile in their regulations, as I find the GTS regulation to be a bit too static.

I'm sure you know what I mean. Race A is a one-make typically involving a road car, with Race B involving Gr.4/Gr.3/Gr.2, and Race C involving the same groups as Race B, but with Gr.1 potentially being in there, and with fuel/tire use being enabled. Not only that, but Races B and C in GTS almost always permit all cars within those classes, with very rare (albeit welcome) exceptions, like the times that Race C limited people to the Group C cars within Gr.1.

So, I was thinking instead, each race could either be a one-make, or alternatively, each race could offer more interesting rulesets. In fact, I think there are some parameters that never got used, like the estimated lap for pitting, or mandatory pit stops. That's before we consider the potential of enabling tuning, at least for some races. I know the tuning has some faults in GTS, but I'm hoping these issues will be fixed for GT7 (such as the effects of the ride height at different ends) making the ability for tuning a much more likely option. I'm mostly hoping for this with all these part manufacturers being added as partners, between Michelin, BBS, and now Brembo.

At any rate, I'm sure that over the last four years, PD has taken a lot of feedback into account, including any thoughts on the Daily Races, and how this facet of Sport Mode could evolve in GT7.

I’m just getting old(er). That’s my excuse.

Had another read of the PP part of the article Jordan posted. Seeing the Alfa DTM with the JGTC GT500 cars, that Alfa is 4WD. Seems like that range of race cars will be like a much faster Gr.4 range of cars. Really need to see how PD will fill a grid of 20.

My hopes for the Daily Races - or whatever replaces them - are basically split into two scenarios. The first idea is that all the races are one-makes involving various groups, so that there's more focus on the driver. After all, it's called Driver Rating, not Manufacturer Ranking. The other idea would have Daily Races be much more volatile in their regulations, as I find the GTS regulation to be a bit too static.

I'm sure you know what I mean. Race A is a one-make typically involving a road car, with Race B involving Gr.4/Gr.3/Gr.2, and Race C involving the same groups as Race B, but with Gr.1 potentially being in there, and with fuel/tire use being enabled. Not only that, but Races B and C in GTS almost always permit all cars within those classes, with very rare (albeit welcome) exceptions, like the times that Race C limited people to the Group C cars within Gr.1.

So, I was thinking instead, each race could either be a one-make, or alternatively, each race could offer more interesting rulesets. In fact, I think there are some parameters that never got used, like the estimated lap for pitting, or mandatory pit stops. That's before we consider the potential of enabling tuning, at least for some races. I know the tuning has some faults in GTS, but I'm hoping these issues will be fixed for GT7 (such as the effects of the ride height at different ends) making the ability for tuning a much more likely option. I'm mostly hoping for this with all these part manufacturers being added as partners, between Michelin, BBS, and now Brembo.

At any rate, I'm sure that over the last four years, PD has taken a lot of feedback into account, including any thoughts on the Daily Races, and how this facet of Sport Mode could evolve in GT7.

BOP solves this apparently

I know, I wanted to confirm that I'll still get the PS5 game even though I will get the code for PS4, its showing just the normal PS4 edition for me even though I have pre ordered the 25th edition when I pre ordered it from the PS store on PS4.

Also to note that I didn't mean to say "confirm it", I just wanted confirmation. 🙂

Last edited:
I know, I wanted to confirm that I'll still get the PS5 game even though I will get the code for PS4, its showing just the normal PS4 edition for me even though I have pre ordered the 25th edition when I pre ordered it from the PS store on PS4.
I'd double check your email receipts say that you pre-ordered the 25th and then check with PS store customer services why it only shows you the regular PS4 version. If you ordered the 25th, it should clearly come with both.

It may only show PS4 because you're looking through the PS4 store, and obviously you won't be able to download the PS5 version from your PS4. Try log in on the web version of the store and see what it says.

Last edited:

I guess it should look like this. Unless it’s different in the UK Store.
From my purchased games. I‘ll also be playing on my PS4.
B2CDE332-3EE3-4492-85BB-9B4A3BC4FD69.jpeg

I guess it should look like this. Unless it’s different in the UK Store.
From my purchased games. I‘ll also be playing on my PS4.
View attachment 1086584
I have paid for the 25th edition which is good but it shows the PS4 version of the game on my PS5 for some reason and not the PS5 version as it should say that on PS5. This is confusing even though I get both console versions in the bundle.

It's me or these don't look like scapes but actual 3d rendered environements (some tracks that still have to be revealed maybe) .if these are actual tracks the quality seems much higher than the GTS ones

Likely Chamonix, Grand Canyon, El Capitan and NYC. Really hope these four return as new tracks.

If the NYC circuit returns, and Watkins Glen is in GT7, that would mean I have two home circuits, given I was born there.

But yeah, they are most likely Scapes.

Last edited:

It's me or these don't look like scapes but actual 3d rendered environements (some tracks that still have to be revealed maybe) .if these are actual tracks the quality seems much higher than the GTS ones

The background in the distance is a 2D photograph, and I think that only the ground and the background near it are made of 3D models. And this is probably an environment created just for trailers.

The background in the distance is a 2D photograph, and I think that only the ground and the background near it are made of 3D models. And this is probably an environment created just for trailers.
images

Well... maybe, but we're owed a snow track at least, right? We haven't had a new snow track for 11 years, and no playable snow at all in four years of GTS!

Surely those studded snow tires in GT Sport will find a use one day, right?
Well, so I thought, a year or two back, now I'm thinking there's no snow until GT7, or (Probability 0.02) we get one final 'Christmas Music + Chamonix update' for GTS this December, as a parting gift before the game is taken around the back of the shed.

Back