Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 38,928 comments
Probably silly, but just realized that a bit of aero kits variation is shown here in this part of the trailer, its skirt and rear bumper changing shortly after appearing.
1634556745828.png

1634556596035.png

1634556629189.png

Last edited:
I highly doubt GTS will get another car added, wouldn't make much sense for PD to do so.
Yeah, especially with GT7 coming really soon. I'd be highly surprised if GTS gets any new content from hereon. The GR Yaris and GR 86 at least made sense with the Toyota partnership.

On another note, I'm hoping we get more center-lock wheel designs, especially from OZ, as I think there are some designs from that company that frankly look a lot sexier than some of the designs we have in GTS. That said, some of the ones we do have in GTS look quite good, like the ones from RAYS and BBS.

Finally, I wonder how paid DLC will work? I'm hoping for GTS' model, where you can just buy the cars with real money, but what would be more interesting to me would be paid special events, like the Lewis Hamilton Challenge. Except, for GT7, it'd have to be something more than just a very hard time trial. I could see prior events that use special mechanics like the GT Rally from GT5, or the Sierra Time Rally from GT6 being paid DLC, as well as potential all-new modes. I don't see Pikes Peak being DLC, as I feel like there's too much promotion of GT at that event just to make it DLC, never mind the fact that CodeMasters implied years ago that PD had the license for Pikes Peak.

Either way, I'm hoping that with the potential addition of the Pikes Peak Hillclimb, would come both the Peugeot 208 T16 that was confirmed years ago, and the older Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak - though I also hear that unfortunately, the car no longer exists. The Suzuki SX4 WRC that was in GT6 could be a nice compromise, even if it's not a Pikes Peak-spec machine.

Last edited:
I hope that the liveries that have been created will carry through to GT7. I mean, most cars from GTS will return in GT7 and a lot of people made some cool liveries for them. It would be a shame to see all those liveries dissappear or having to be remade in the new game.
But but... the new players won't have liveries. We don't want to deprive them of that. Old players may get grumpy ,but they'll be fine. ;)

But but... the new players won't have liveries. We don't want to deprive them of that. Old players may get grumpy ,but they'll be fine. ;)
What do you mean by this? What harm can it do to just transfer the liveries over to GT7 (if thats even possible)?

I hope that the liveries that have been created will carry through to GT7. I mean, most cars from GTS will return in GT7 and a lot of people made some cool liveries for them. It would be a shame to see all those liveries dissappear or having to be remade in the new game.
I do have the same concern about decals...

Just a joke in relation to what Kaz says about the “Nostalgia Factor”, in this interview: https://www.gtplanet.net/new-gran-t...more-revealed-in-kazunori-yamauchi-interview/

Being sly, as Kaz would want everyone to start from scratch.
Probably.

In all serious though this is a bit of a 'hot topic' at the moment, at least in my PlayStation groups and I know personally I would like to have access to all my designs from Sport straight away rather than have to recreate everything from scratch.

A lot of the designs I've made I can't even begin to remember how I went about them, I am sure I would figure it out again but you know why make things difficult when the library I am sure can easily be 'accessed' from the new game.

I definitely feel for everyone that wants to carry over liveries. Should be automatic.
I‘m fine either way.
Looking forward to add window stickers on some of the classics(429 Mustang, hakosuka Skyline). Had “retro cars” magazine stickers on my ‘83 Corona and my Wife’s ‘60 Falcon. Nothing flash.

I doubt it will be physical damage! I assume the mechanical damage will be upgraded to maybe include more components i.e. Gearbox or brakes etc. and to be honest that doesn’t bother me one bit!
People really buy into that? That probably exaggerates the interview, as Kaz claims the damage will be the same as GTS albeit with little improvement. Where this mentions outright improvement.

I do have the same concern about decals...

I honestly wouldn't worry. It would suck if they didn't carry over, but the way they've gone about handling GT Sport as mostly online, and GT 7 as being closely related enough to be a cross gen title, I suspect it would almost be more work for them if we had to start again, than just carrying both liveries and decals over.

Worst case scenario is that we have to start from scratch. That would ROYALLY suck ass, but the one plus would be - unlike when GT Sport hit - far more people know what they're doing with SVG's now, and for example, Day 1, I can re-upload over 1000 SVG files even if I don't get the game, as could many other creators (and it might even clear out some of the **** !).

edit: Just realised one of my highest rated decals removed a year ago! S'pose I better re-upload it. Why would someone report an Italian flag?

Last edited:
I doubt it will be physical damage! I assume the mechanical damage will be upgraded to maybe include more components i.e. Gearbox or brakes etc. and to be honest that doesn’t bother me one bit!
People really buy into that? That probably exaggerates the interview, as Kaz claims the damage will be the same as GTS albeit with little improvement. Where this mentions outright improvement.
That entire article hangs off a single sentence almost at the very end, which itself hangs off a single comment from a couple of years ago in which Kazunori says the GT7 damage model will be "upgraded" compared to GT Sport.

That's an enormous leap to "New Damage Model Confirmed", particularly as a more recent interview in which he states "Basically it's the same as in Gran Turismo sport, except how it's expressed is a little bit more improved in comparison.".

edit: Just realised one of my highest rated decals removed a year ago! S'pose I better re-upload it. Why would someone report an Italian flag?
Strange things happen!

The decal I think you or one of the SVG contributors did for me with Haruhi Suzumiya's name got the mark of death a year ago and I've never reuploaded.

I hope when it comes to GT7 the SVG file size is increased though, it would make life much easier as even I might then be able to start sharing more!

I hope when it comes to GT7 the SVG file size is increased though,

I'd be much less hopeful of this personally. As I think I've said, I can't see what's changed that would make them change the limit. I don't believe it was a console based restriction since the console is handling the files as bitmaps /png(?) anyway....

... and ultimately the less they change, the more likely stuff gets carried over.

I'd be much less hopeful of this personally. As I think I've said, I can't see what's changed that would make them change the limit. I don't believe it was a console based restriction since the console is handling the files as bitmaps /png(?) anyway....

... and ultimately the less they change, the more likely stuff gets carried over.
True, we shall find out closer to the time. I still hope it will increase4 though!

As long as there are decals of Miku/Genshin Impact and so on available then I can work when making new designs!

I’ve noticed that an absolute ton of decals have been removed in the last few weeks! There’s yellow triangles all over the place!!

God of War Steam was leaked in that nvidia leak, and just got announced today. Gran Turismo 7 PC is inevitable
No, it's not.

The "leak" was clearly a result of Geforce NOW scraping every store front possible, containing every game on every store front regardless of PC availability. Each item on the list also contained the name of the PC delivery service.

God of War (2018)'s entry on the list included "unknown", "none", and - and this is crucial - "steam", with a further note that the Steam ID was "TBD". That's clearly a game that was scraped from two incompatible stores (PS Store and PS Now being likeliest) and also Steam.

Gran Turismo 7's entry on the list only showed "unknown" and "unknown" delivery services. That's clearly a game that was scraped from incompatible stores (the two entries likely referring to the base game and the 25AE, or because it's PS4 and PS5) and not Steam.

1634743335392.png

The idea that every game on that list was coming to PC is without any foundation whatsoever. Some games on the list will come to PC, and those are the games with a specific PC entry on the list. GT7 is not a game with a specific PC entry on the list. Its appearance is meaningless.

Last edited:
God of War Steam was leaked in that nvidia leak, and just got announced today. Gran Turismo 7 PC is inevitable :cheers:

I still very much doubt this, GT7 will have at least 2-3 years on PlayStation 4/5 before any PC port.

I think they would have mentioned PC already if it were happening in the coming days, just my 2 cents.

No, it's not.

The "leak" was clearly a result of Geforce NOW scraping every store front possible, containing every game on every store front regardless of PC availability. Each item on the list also contained the name of the PC delivery service.

God of War (2018)'s entry on the list included "unknown", "none", and - and this is crucial - "steam", with a further note that the Steam ID was "TBD". That's clearly a game that was scraped from two incompatible stores (PS Store and PS Now being likeliest) and also Steam.

Gran Turismo 7's entry on the list only showed "unknown" and "unknown" delivery services. That's clearly a game that was scraped from incompatible stores (the two entries likely referring to the base game and the 25AE) and not Steam.

View attachment 1087553

The idea that every game on that list was coming to PC is without any foundation whatsoever. Some games on the list will come to PC, and those are the games with a specific PC entry on the list. GT7 is not a game with a specific PC entry on the list. Its appearance is meaningless.

If it is Geforce scraping every game from every storefront possible, why are other Sony games like Bloodborne missing in the complete list?

Last edited:
If it is Geforce scraping every game from every storefront possible, why are other Sony games like Bloodborne missing in the complete list?
Probably the same reason GT Sport isn't on the list. It's old.

A better question is why Spiderman isn't on the list.

Last edited:
On GeForce's list there are games that don't even exist.

(Scalebound, for example...)

Below, the word from Hermen Hulst at the PlayStation Showcase 2021 announcing the new games from the PlayStation Studios:

GT7Hermen.png

Last edited:
What harm can it do to just transfer the liveries over to GT7 (if thats even possible)?
If you want to make transferring liveries between games possible, you have to make sure that the mapping is exactly the same on both models. If you change anything at all, it won't work.

I don't know for sure if anything will be changed between GTS and GT7, but considering that some cars had some rather wonky mapping in GTS, I'd rather they fix that first.

Last edited:
As
On GeForce's list there are games that don't even exist.

(Scalebound, for example...)

Below, the word from Hermen Hulst at the PlayStation Showcase 2021 announcing the new games from the PlayStation Studios:

View attachment 1087575
Whilst I agree that the list is very sketchy I really wouldn't use a Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo/any game company quote as proof/evidence of something. They constantly go back on/change their promises/plans.

Well, any company really. Not just in gaming.

If you want to make transferring liveries between games possible, you have to make sure that the mapping is exactly the same on both models. If you change anything at all, it won't work.

I don't know for sure if anything will be changed between GTS and GT7, but considering that some cars had some rather wonky mapping in GTS, I'd rather they fix that first.
I'm betting that the shared copy of a livery will not be compatible with cars using modifications such as spoilers or body kits, and that as with wheel selections, such mods will be tied to the livery. For the livery creator, I'd imagine the data file for the livery will still be useable, allowing mods to be applied, the livery tweaked, and the result to be shared.

Back