Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 38,956 comments
It's funny because the early days of continuous DLCs for GTS, everyone said that the models were done from scratch.
I mean, unless they're cars brand new to the series I can't see why they would be. As far as people saying that, it's a well known fact that people on the internet, particularly everyone, are never wrong so I don't know what to tell you.

...Basically Skype but better, is what he's trying to say. No need to sound like a Wikipedia article, really. lol

But yeah, very useful.
The guy asked. No need to put people down for trying to be helpful.

And if we’re not getting a significantly improved physics model with PS5 GT7….why are we starting a new game from scratch?? All the other content could be patched into GT Sport, sold as DLC, so we didn’t have to start the grind from scratch.
PD told us when they launched GTS, that the car list could eventually reach 500 cars. That didn't happen, and we won't even reach that number with GT7 at launch (from what they said so far). Once they stopped delivering new content, the number of players playing the game regurarly, decreased. Right now, unless they started adding the content that we're getting with GT7, 2 or 3 years ago, it wouldn't be as profitable as selling an entire new game. Plus, being a numbered GT, has more chances to sell more than GTS, which some people didn't buy because they thought it was some sort of Prologue.

In the end, it's always a lose/lose for PD. Releasing the game exclusively on PS5, would generate complaints due to the inaccessibility of the console, releasing it as cross-gen generates complaints over the quality of the game, updating GTS with paid DLC would generate complaints about PD milking every last cent from GTS's playerbase, when they should develop a new game. Of all the 3 lose conditions, they chose the one that grants more profit, which, in a business perspective, makes sense.

In the end, of course I would like to have a constant flow of new content in GTS. But since they started diverting their resources for the new game, I much rather have a new game in March, which will cost me around 70€, than buying DLCs for an older game, that will eventually add up to a similar amount of money, plus having to buy a new game anyway 1 year later.

PD told us when they launched GTS, that the car list could eventually reach 500 cars. That didn't happen, and we won't even reach that number with GT7 at launch (from what they said so far). Once they stopped delivering new content, the number of players playing the game regurarly, decreased. Right now, unless they started adding the content that we're getting with GT7, 2 or 3 years ago, it wouldn't be as profitable as selling an entire new game. Plus, being a numbered GT, has more chances to sell more than GTS, which some people didn't buy because they thought it was some sort of Prologue.

In the end, it's always a lose/lose for PD. Releasing the game exclusively on PS5, would generate complaints due to the inaccessibility of the console, releasing it as cross-gen generates complaints over the quality of the game, updating GTS with paid DLC would generate complaints about PD milking every last cent from GTS's playerbase, when they should develop a new game. Of all the 3 lose conditions, they chose the one that grants more profit, which, in a business perspective, makes sense.

In the end, of course I would like to have a constant flow of new content in GTS. But since they started diverting their resources for the new game, I much rather have a new game in March, which will cost me around 70€, than buying DLCs for an older game, that will eventually add up to a similar amount of money, plus having to buy a new game anyway 1 year later.
I get that. My disappointment comes from GT7 being a PS4 game, as opposed to a true next gen PS5 game.

No one complained that GT3 was exclusive to PS2. No one complained that GT5 was exclusive to PS3. No one wanted to be able to play Sport on a PS3.

I’m not saying I would prefer additions to GTS over a next gen GT7, but if GT7 is going to be a PS4 game, I don’t really want to start the grind for cars, liveries, and decals all over again. I can make that sacrifice for a next gen game, I don’t want to make that sacrifice for just another PS4 game.

My disappointment comes from GT7 being a PS4 game, as opposed to a true next gen PS5 game.
Perhaps having 110 million PS4 owners so they decided to have GT7 on that console for that reason, and also it would be an uproar if GT7 was exclusive to PS5 only.

Uh, yeah, "Chaos at the Spaceship" is copyright free. That's why it's in that Kia video, and it's most likely not going to be in GT7's soundtrack (given how short the song is anyway).

Speaking of music, really hoping we'll hear Daiki Kasho next week in the Porsche trailer. I seriously don't want to wait until 2/24 to hear his new stuff at last. lol

Bizarre what people take as "signs". I could just imagine the meetings.

"OK so we need a trailer for the new car, and we're gonna tease that it's also coming to Gran Turismo"

"We could just put 'Coming to Gran Turismo'" at the end or something?"

"No, no, what we should do is use the same generic music from a Gran Turismo trailer, that will make it absolutely clear. It's an obvious connection"

And what are we "hmmmmm"ing about in the advert for the new Kia Sorento?

Dude, just because a commercial happens to use a song in a GT7 trailer doesn't mean that it's going to be in said game.

So this needed to be posted here simply due to the music (Which PD do not own). Really really reaching abit there.

Uh, yeah, "Chaos at the Spaceship" is copyright free. That's why it's in that Kia video, and it's most likely not going to be in GT7's soundtrack (given how short the song is anyway).

Speaking of music, really hoping we'll hear Daiki Kasho next week in the Porsche trailer. I seriously don't want to wait until 2/24 to hear his new stuff at last. lol

"OK so we need a trailer for the new car, and we're gonna tease that it's also coming to Gran Turismo"

"No, no, what we should do is use the same generic music from a Gran Turismo trailer, that will make it absolutely clear. It's an obvious connection"
I love how a lot of people assume and interpret a lot of things without having said anything :confused::confused::rolleyes:

That "hmmm" was more like "I want to share this fun coincidence with GT Planet".

I'm not even surprised, the Internet is like this all the time xD

This is trivial, I don't want to imagine the things you guys invent and misinterpret in politics. I love GT planet :gtpflag::cheers:

I love how a lot of people assume and interpret a lot of things without having said anything :confused::confused:
Don't quite know why I'm quoted in that, as I assumed and interpreted nothing. As the guy who literally writes the news page for GTPlanet, and with something potentially newsworthy being posted, I asked you what the relevance was.

Apparently there wasn't any...

That "hmmm" was more like "I want to share this fun coincidence with GT Planet".
Without giving any context whatsoever that version of why you posted it would require interpretation from others.

So on the one hand you're denouncing people and "the internet" for interpreting things, but on the other your true intention for posting it actually requires interpretation (which nobody could reasonably manage).

I love how a lot of people assume and interpret a lot of things without having said anything :confused::confused::rolleyes:

This is trivial, I don't want to imagine the things you guys invent and misinterpret in politics. I love GT planet :gtpflag::cheers:
Exactly! Yesterday when reading this thread I thought to myself: "Why is literally everyone directly assuming @JD_18 is trying to say that Kia is coming to GT7? What if he just shared this as a fun fact? It's somehow interesting seeing a random video with a song we first heard on a GT7 video, right?"

Last edited:

To some people, Kaz and Polyphony are literal gods who always have the 5D, 300 IQ chess plays in their pocket.

Don't quite know why I'm quoted in that, as I assumed and interpreted nothing. As the guy who literally writes the news page for GTPlanet, and with something potentially newsworthy being posted, I asked you what the relevance was.

Apparently there wasn't any...

Without giving any context whatsoever that version of why you posted it would require interpretation from others.

So on the one hand you're denouncing people and "the internet" for interpreting things, but on the other your true intention for posting it actually requires interpretation (which nobody could reasonably manage).
- "Don't quite know why I'm quoted in that"

I quoted you by mistake

- "but on the other your true intention for posting it actually requires interpretation (which nobody could reasonably manage)"

Becouse you need an interpretation, you must question me why I post that, like you do. :cheers:

So yeah, I keep what I said.

Exactly! Yesterday when reading this thread I thought to myself: "Why is literally everyone directly assuming @JD_18 is trying to say that Kia is coming to GT7? What if he just shared this as a fun fact? It's somehow interesting seeing a random video with a song we first heard on a GT7 video, right?"
I get the impression that many people get bored and argue with nonsense xD But at the end of the day, I have fun but sometimes is toxic.

Last edited:
Becouse you need an interpretation, you must question me why I post that, like you do. :cheers:
So yeah, I keep what I said.
You posted a video with zero context. Your intention or reason for posting the video was utterly opaque. I interpreted nothing from it, because nothing could be interpreted from it.

Why you're now attacking our users, GTPlanet, the internet, and me for making assumptions and interpretations (which I didn't do) when you're making contextless posts escapes me.

I thought you might have posting something interesting, potentially worthy of note on the site's main page, but apparently you were just trolling. I'll make sure not to treat anything you say as relevant from this point on.

Or, in future, post things with context.

and me for making assumptions and interpretations (which I didn't do) when you're making contextless posts escapes me.

Or, in future, post things with context.
"I quoted you by mistake"

Why you ignore that? :confused::confused:

In the other hand, Im gone post in the future with context, its not a drama.

But you have to notice that Wagner doest need context to understand. You are making a mistake here.

In the hispanic community we have a "principle of charity": You will interpret his phrase in its best version.

Wagner did, its not imposible assumtion.

Last edited:
In the hispanic community we have a "principle of charity": You will interpret his phrase in its best version.

Wagner did, its not imposible assumtion.
It isn't an impossible assumption, but it's also unrealistic to think it would've been the only one people would make. You went "hmmm", that was it. I can see why someone would assume that it was you having fun, but still think my response also is justified along with everyone else's.

With a vague "hmmm" sound coupled with a video, it could be interpreted as anything. With how in the past few months, people have made wild assumptions based on random things including just Kaz liking a post on Twitter; that's how these assumptions come about.

Last edited:

And we're supposed to just somehow read your mind and know that from that vague post? What else was supposed to be interpreted from you posting that in the GT7 discussion thread?

Last edited:
Will there ever be an announcement about content transfer?

I am potentially going to be racing for a Genshin Impact themed racing team so I have several Gr3/4 cars done but many to go.

I guess I have to hope I can use them otherwise lotta work on Day 1...

On topic but do we HAVE to pre order to get the additional content or will 25th anniversary edition always be available.

A friend asked as he is still deciding on if he will get the game and I was not sure...

Who are these people? Because I don't remember anyone treating PD or Kaz as literal gods, not here on GTplanet or the other forums. Even the GT fanboys that I know have complains about them.

Is this some kind of weird projection you have
I do see they’re reaching a bit, but from what I notice from just reading on the sidelines, there are a few people that would go to the grave for GT and Polyphony.

There’s also some unnecessary condescending comments… were just it’s just a discussion of a game, not your favorite politician.

On topic but do we HAVE to pre order to get the additional content or will 25th anniversary edition always be available.

A friend asked as he is still deciding on if he will get the game and I was not sure...
The pre order bonus is the three cars (Porsche living legend, Castrol Supra and Stealth RX Vision) and Cr.100,000. All the other stuff comes with the 25th anniversary edition regardless of when you buy it

Latest Posts

Back