Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 38,925 comments
i dont know if its just me or not but when i leave the tuning shop on ps4 i just get stuck on a loading screen for ages and have to restart my game

Yea I’m early in the game and haven’t seen the clubman cup plus… I was in the GT3 cup which was a rolling start.. I had no problem with it because the AI is pretty good and it’s like if you were in the mid to rear pack. I was just shocked to see the AI pass me so aggressively after making a minor mistake on the corner entry… I actually smiled.
The rolling start that creates chase the rabbit format in GT is considered a big problem due to how it makes the game more difficult in an unfair way (also we always start last) like how in Panorama (with 20 grid), the leader's already approaching the Cutting part, which means the gap is over 1km. Rolling start with good AI would make this even harder then.... (Also not to mention this is the wrong type of rolling start, which should be actually about cars cruising closely in two rows).

And I did suspect that (this type of) rolling start is used to create superficial difficulty/challenge that won't involve improving the AI. If the AI is improved, then likely grid starts would be used instead like Clubman Cup Plus.

One thing I've noticed is that the AI don't speed up if you're ahead or slow down if you are behind. This means you can balance your car, it can provide a good race.

Initial feeling about this game are quite good. I'm on controller on my PS5 and I'll try the T150 attached to my PS4 and the G29 attached to my PS4 pro later on.

What car are you using? If it's the Aqua then you wont find it, it's auto only.
Ive tried it on the pre-order gift cars as well (GR Yaris,The Toms Supra) and even that old Fiat. Just won't work. Then I switch over to GT Sport and works fine there so its not a hardware issue or anything.

No clue whats going on.

So Gr.2/3 etc gone now and just replaced by PP?

Also how do you get different helmets and suits? When I download liveries it says I don’t have the suit/helmet

Just tested the reward carousel and it's still 100% predetermined, which completely negates the idea of or need of the carousel. :rolleyes:

PD, remember the carousel in GT3? Remember what made it worthwhile? You could obtain any of the four items there. If it's predetermined, just award me the thing in the first place. It's such needless showmanship.

Just tested the reward carousel and it's still 100% predetermined, which completely negates the idea of or need of the carousel. :rolleyes:

PD, remember the carousel in GT3? Remember what made it worthwhile? You could obtain any of the four items there. If it's predetermined, just award me the thing in the first place. It's such needless showmanship.
This overwhelmingly feels like one of those things that casuals couldn't care less about and actually probably find quirky, but die-hard players find superfluous.

I have to say I’m absolutely Impressed by the wet track simulation in this game. From the bad visibility from the spray from cars in front of you, to the trail your car leaves behind on the track in the wet (about every other game doesn’t do that), to how grim a bad weather day looks in replays. And that’s even only on a PS4 Pro! Kudos to PD for a job well done!

The bonus credits seem to be randomly coming, mine came after two and half hours of playing, the 3-pack cars showed up upon starting the game.
Loaded the game up quickly this morning while I was at work using remote play on my iPad (WFH so in the dining room). Had to attempt the Music Rally, which was fun on the iPad, NOT!

Anyway, when I finally got into the game I got a pop up for the 4 cars and all my Cr. 1.6M was there so it seems very varied as to when people are getting the bonus items!!

Streamed GT7 for 4 hours today and must say, PD has done a superb job with GT7. Absolutely fabulous. Cant wait to play more. Physics are mega and entire overall feel of the game is simply stunning. I love it

I didn't notice as i was buying roll cage for my Civic but it gained 53kg extra weight! That's a nice attention to detail by PD 😀 I've made this back in gtsport but now that we have the SiR grill and wing delete as option i finally made it proper! Screenshot_2022-03-04-12-49-18-185_com.miui.gallery.pngScreenshot_2022-03-04-12-49-06-249_com.miui.gallery.pngScreenshot_2022-03-04-12-48-45-598_com.miui.gallery.pngScreenshot_2022-03-04-12-48-57-664_com.miui.gallery.png

Last edited:
Wow license test B-9 is absolutely kicking my ass, the others have been a total breeze to get gold on but this one has suddenly ramped up the difficulty for me!

I didn't notice as i was buying roll cage for my Civic but it gained 53kg extra weight! That's a nice attention to detail by PD 😀 I've made this back in gtsport but now that we have the SiR grill and wing delete as option i finally made it proper!
No way! I mean, I've already seen some cool bumper and grill options, but I didn't think I would see one where you can put lower trim model parts on a car. That's like in Forza Motorsport 4, I kinda missed that.

----
Once again, this is playing into a theory I had about why the car list isn't as high as people expected, the custom parts being a factor. Polyphony could've spent time on custom visual parts that took away from the modeling time.

No way! I mean, I've already seen some cool bumper and grill options, but I didn't think I would see one where you can put lower trim model parts on a car. That's like in Forza Motorsport 4, I kinda missed that.

----
Once again, this is playing into a theory I had about why the car list isn't as high as people expected, the custom parts being a factor. Polyphony could've spent time on custom visual parts that took away from the modeling time.
Yeah exactly!! It's easier to just model well known body kits it body parts from other models 😉

Last edited:
What on earth have they done to the multiplayer lobbies?

Once the room has been created literally nothing can be changed. The host menu consists of "Start Race" and bugger all else. To change the smallest thing you will have to make an entirely new room. Wtf.

----
may i ask which cars have lower trim model parts ?

Last edited:
may i ask which cars have lower trim model parts ?
The only one I know is the 1969 Camaro Z/28. It has a grill that makes it look like a base model, which I think the Copo or the ZL-1 also had that in real life iirc.

Yeah exactly!! It's easier to just model well known body kits it body parts from other models 😉
That's true. I might expect that on other cars like the Silvia or 180SX.

Last edited:
Wow license test B-9 is absolutely kicking my ass, the others have been a total breeze to get gold on but this one has suddenly ramped up the difficulty for me!
It was the other way round for me, I got B-9 done on the 2nd attempt, however, B-8 was a right PITA.

Not being able to purchase tyres mid championship is one of the stupidest design decisions I've seen made in a racing game. Especially when there is seemingly no way to tell what the weather is going to be like before entering. Come on PD, this is very very basic game design stuff.

EDIT: After backing out I can't see intermediate or wet tyres available to buy. What's going on here?

Last edited:
Sony has withdrawn from sale the digital version of GT7 in Russia.
Perhaps a first step towards the closure of the store in general in Russia, but for now it seems that it only affects GT7.

Last edited:
Not being able to purchase tyres mid championship is one of the stupidest design decisions I've seen made in a racing game. Especially when there is seemingly no way to tell what the weather is going to be like before entering. Come on PD, this is very very basic game design stuff.

EDIT: After backing out I can't see intermediate or wet tyres available to buy. What's going on here?
extreme tab is where you'll find Intemediate and Wet tyres

I’m really disappointed with those whole PP thing and Hp / weight limits in Sport mode, it was much simpler before with just BOP and GR levels. Now it’s just catered to people who have time to put hours and hours into finding the right combination of cars and tuned parts

Back