Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 38,925 comments
The little dude on the menu before you start the race tells you that it's wet and your car won't have as much grip. I presumed comfort tyres are basically all weather road tyres and I wouldn't be expected to put racing wet tyres on my standard mazda demio.
Which little dude is this? The heads that pop up at the bottom? I started to ignore those pretty quickly as they were giving me useless information ("baguettes are good for breakfast" and "it's hot in Spain" were 2 of my favourites), putting weather information in those is just another bizarre decision. Would it have hurt them to use a basic icon or a simple text string on the actual race screen?

Last edited:
So also when you do sport races it no longer shows you if your DR and SR rating has gone up or down (used to show green or red). The whole sports mode is a step backwards.

Some of the cars sound really dull compared to their real life counterparts, I've seen a video of the AMG Black Series and it doesn't sound as visceral as the real car, same for the F8 Tributo and F12berlinetta. Yet some other cars sound really amazing, they really nailed the C63 and Carrera GT sound .

Last edited:
Anyone with a PS4 tried streaming yet using the share feature? The known issues document said something about there being an issue with it.

you have to change the whole console's language from settings
If you are on ps5, there might be an option in the home menu to change to the English version of the game by going to the application setting or whatever it is called. It was doable for Rift Apart so I reckon it might be for GT7.

Not being able to purchase tyres mid championship is one of the stupidest design decisions I've seen made in a racing game. Especially when there is seemingly no way to tell what the weather is going to be like before entering. Come on PD, this is very very basic game design stuff.

EDIT: After backing out I can't see intermediate or wet tyres available to buy. What's going on here?
Unlocked when you unlock Extreme tuning.

Edit. Question already answered.

In other news the physics are better than GTS. I've spun and lost it when trying things you can get away with in GTS.

Bugs. On the PS5 version Music Rally. Game ended when I had 30 beats left.

PS4 pro. G29 lost connection during a Music Rally.

Last edited:
That didn't take long! 😄

20220304_143558.jpg

Which little dude is this? The heads that pop up at the bottom? I started to ignore those pretty quickly as they were giving me useless information ("baguettes are good for breakfast" and "it's hot in Spain" were 2 of my favourites), putting weather information in those is just another bizarre decision. Would it have hurt them to use a basic icon or a simple text string on the actual race screen?
You're right, it is pretty vague. I can only assume that they don't expect you to want to put racing tyres on your car at this stage. Hopefully in the races later down the line when you're using racing tyres, it's a bit more obvious.

So... RT should be in replays if set to priorotize RT.. but right now I'm watching replay of race at rain and... there is no RT. Even if I go to the photo mode there still is no RT. It switches back on jusy when I "turn on" the camera. Of course replay is at 30fps.

I'm astounded by how great GT7 looks on PS4, it looks even better than GTS.
You can tell how much they struggled with PS3 hardware in comparison, PS4 and PS5 must've been a breath of fresh air for them!

But yes, I totally agree. I was putting off buying the PS4 version because I feared that it wouldn't give me the same full fledged experience as the PS5 version. So glad to be proven wrong

Last edited:
You're right, it is pretty vague. I can only assume that they don't expect you to want to put racing tyres on your car at this stage. Hopefully in the races later down the line when you're using racing tyres, it's a bit more obvious.
I feel like they want to caught you off guard on purpose,,the first rain race is supposed to show you that you need to change tires,more of a lesson to casual players.

Physical copy of the 25th Anniversary Edition, ordered from Playstation is finally "out for delivery".

It took a tour of the east coast apparently. Started out in Georgia, went to Pennsylvania, and is now in South Carolina.

6 more hours of work, then the fun begins.

Last edited:
You guys have to try the Anti Lag system, looks so cool!
At the risk of sounding daft,what is the anti lag system?I know turbos have lag so what does this do?
My quick 2 cents on GT7.Loving it so far,i honestly thought it would be just GTS with update but i was wrong on all counts.To me the AI seem a tad more aggressive,or i have just become crap with age,looks great and plays great on ps5.Messed around with taking photos.
A little niggle with the licence tests is that you cant go straight on to the next one,you have to go through the credit awards scene evrytime and the roulette wheel seems a pointless thing.Apart from that im all good with it,dont know about online as i dont have ps+ and dont like to play online anyway.👌

MMX
Physical copy of the 25th Anniversary Edition, ordered from Playstation is finally "out for delivery".

It took a tour of the east coast apparently. Started out in Georgia, went to Pennsylvania, and is now in South Carolina.

6 more hours of work, then the fun begins.
My pre-ordered copy has been sitting at Gamestop for the last 5 days, but they refused to let me pick it up until today.
I still have a couple of hours to wait for them to open up. :grumpy:

Back