Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 38,956 comments
Here’s the radar at wet Suzuka in time trial.

E9BA9F52-79C4-42EC-BFBD-B5E14AB14B3B.png

Weather radar changes are very good. Much nicer than it was before.

Beforehand, even a grouping of L1 rain was basically a call to pit for inters before the rain comes down, else you just eat a wall immediately. Feels much more natural now, there's more of a window between no rain and certain death.
Yup, before patch I never saw yellow or purple clouds and yet it poured. I guess this change is similar to tire wear indicator - it's just easier to read and plan ahead. But still, this should be in changelog.

Yup, before patch I never saw yellow or purple clouds and yet it poured. I guess this change is similar to tire wear indicator - it's just easier to read and plan ahead. But still, this should be in changelog.
I always wondered about the other colors. These kind of changes really lend to my feeling that the game was simply not finished and these are examples of Polyphony finally adjusting features toward their originally intended state. Sadly I guess this breaks my hopes of them ever adding extreme conditions like hail or snow to some tracks.

What do you guys mean about the wind direction indicator still being broken? I've noticed that the weather doesn't move in the same direction as the wind, but that's always been the case. But the wind direction itself I have never had a problem with. It's easy to spot for example in Sardegne, where the windmills always face into the wind.

It can however sometimes be a bit confusing since the wind direction is relative to the trackmap, and not your POV.

Weather radar changes are very good. Much nicer than it was before.

Beforehand, even a grouping of L1 rain was basically a call to pit for inters before the rain comes down, else you just eat a wall immediately. Feels much more natural now, there's more of a window between no rain and certain death.
I think its a good change as well, before 1.24 I never bought or used Inters, if it rained I went straight to Full wets.

Now to buy some Inters for when its "Green"!

I miss when PD used to tease content for the upcoming updates in the FIA Championship, now World Series. It was actually a clever move to make more people interested in watching these events. Kinda sad they don't even bother to do this anymore.

They could use the Nations Cup broadcast this weekend to tease the new track or some of the new cars for later this month like they did many times in the past, but naaaah...

I miss when PD used to tease content for the upcoming updates in the FIA Championship, now World Series. It was actually a clever move to make more people interested in watching these events. Kinda sad they don't even bother to do this anymore.

They could use the Nations Cup broadcast this weekend to tease the new track or some of the new cars for later this month like they did many times in the past, but naaaah...
Seriously what has there been to show off rofl

What do you guys mean about the wind direction indicator still being broken? I've noticed that the weather doesn't move in the same direction as the wind, but that's always been the case. But the wind direction itself I have never had a problem with. It's easy to spot for example in Sardegne, where the windmills always face into the wind.

It can however sometimes be a bit confusing since the wind direction is relative to the trackmap, and not your POV.

Pretty sure the weather moved with the wind before, no?

They only did that when the events were actually live and not pre-recorded.

Even then, it seems pretty unlikely anyway given how the content delivery is drastically slower than Sport's so far. I really gotta wonder if developing for cross-gen is significantly slowing PD down? =/
Has lag been fixed in open lobbies yet?
Seemingly. I've been watching kie's streams of his lobbies and all seems fine to me. -shrug-

Seemingly. I've been watching kie's streams of his lobbies and all seems fine to me. -shrug-
He noted that the lobbies work great soon after a server maintenance, but they gradually get worse again as time goes on.

Last edited:
Shame sony killed Evo, A Motorstorm open-world game would have been glorious, or drive club open world with just bikes / car's and some off-road car's. Horizon blatantly ripped off Motorstorm's premise, a weekend-long festival. Apocalypse even has a Forza-style intro where you race to the festival.

Last edited:
AE86 Corolla Levin & Sprinter Trueno
1665288390151.gif

Finally got a Trueno in High Tech Two-Tone, so I could make this in GT7.

FeebiJXVIAA1O-Z

FeebiqHUYAUyMmS

In GT SPORT, there was differences between the Levin and Trueno in the colors of window frames, door mirror frames and door handles, the tilt angle of the steering wheel and the size of the shadow under the body, but they all got unified in GT7.

The PS5 bundles of GT7 in Japan seem to have completely cratered the second-hand value of the PS5 version, seems like in some stores you could find it for 499 yen:

If you don't want to do the conversion yourself thats... 3 dollars. Granted, the yen is weak right now but when you consider the MSRP of the game there is 8,690 yen, it's an almost 95% discount. PS4 version hasn't been bundled so its price has remained higher, but I do wonder if this might affect how Polyphony is going to monetize the game.

how Sony is going to monetize the game.
FTFY

-

The answer: MTX. At only £16 for 2 million Cr., that will pocket Sony a measly £160 per 20 million Cr. car in the game.

I think the phrase we're looking for here is 'loss leader'.

disney money GIF

Simples.

Last edited:
Back