Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 38,938 comments
The only thing I can think of is you said ‘how’ is an old Native American greeting which is stereotypical of native Americans?!i Didn’t one of the Sport silhouettes drop AFTER the trailer?!
Indeed it did IIRC, there's no reason yet to think a January update is 100% not happening. It might not happen, but there's a good chance it still will.

If content (like the new Nurburgring layouts and events or even just bug fixes) is going to be held back for a "big" VR update in Feb, I'm sure the players who want nothing to do with VR and have not preordered a PSVR2 are going to be thrilled.
No January content update would be bad news for everyone, including those getting VR in February.

To me gran turismo 7 is far From perfect specially for cafe, missions driving lession is great through. I would rank it higher than sport still, that was the most boring gt to date for me. Road cars was almost useless no upgrade parts and barely any customize options, witch i think gt7 has done a pretty good job with in my opinion, but if the expand career events, championchips made it easier to earn special parts and swaps would really bring up life to the game

Anyone getting the game now, will experience more content than what us DayOners got. It's a win for new players.
Oh, yeah but only thiiiis (🤏) much more. The extra 30 cars and 7 track layouts are great to have, but we haven't seen much content added where it's needed most.

A player who starts today can play a few extra Kei and Silvia Sisters events while they're going through the Café campaign (or after Book 39? I'm not sure when they would unlock).

Once they finish the only 5-race championship in the game, they can then buckle in for the same 4-event grind that's been status quo since April. Make that 3 events, as Tokyo600 doesn't have a viable Clean Race Bonus now.

Anyone buying the game now can wait with the rest of us for something to do with IB, IA and S licenses. We'll wait for Online Drift Trials to return. We can wait for the first added championship, or the ability to make our own. We can wait by the Music Rally screen that says "Coming Soon, stay tuned for more events".

Or roll up in an LFA and keep revving it, so he understands what we need. :lol:
Lmao, imagine this:

4ouilo.png

"So you want a Toyota V10 huh?"

Proceeds to drop this.

Olivier_Panis_2003_Silverstone.jpg

I hope they also look in to adding a dash view later on. I hate to play it with a wheel when there is no dash view or cockpit view without the steering wheel in game. Almost all the games with a cockpit view released recently has this, but in GT7 its still missing.

Oh, yeah but only thiiiis (🤏) much more. The extra 30 cars and 7 track layouts are great to have, but we haven't seen much content added where it's needed most.

A player who starts today can play a few extra Kei and Silvia Sisters events while they're going through the Café campaign (or after Book 39? I'm not sure when they would unlock).

Once they finish the only 5-race championship in the game, they can then buckle in for the same 4-event grind that's been status quo since April. Make that 3 events, as Tokyo600 doesn't have a viable Clean Race Bonus now.

Anyone buying the game now can wait with the rest of us for something to do with IB, IA and S licenses. We'll wait for Online Drift Trials to return. We can wait for the first added championship, or the ability to make our own. We can wait by the Music Rally screen that says "Coming Soon, stay tuned for more events".
Definitely ain't arguing that. Us all waiting together for the new players to catch up, that's all part of Kaz' master plan. ;)
It doesn't have the Corvette C8R.:P
What? The one you built isn't good enough? :sly:

Indeed it did IIRC, there's no reason yet to think a January update is 100% not happening. It might not happen, but there's a good chance it still will.
If it's not going to happen then you'd hope that they'd make some sort of announcement to that effect - they might not intend monthly updates but they have to recognise the expectation that has been very reasonably established. The internets would get rowdy as it does, but it would establish Polyphony's willingness to communicate in situations where they're not absolutely forced into it. Which would be nice.

I kinda understand whats happening in this update. Kaz is introducing a new type of car that is invisible and untangible, it's a VGT collaboration with the National Quantum Physics Institute.
Ah, that explains the apparent "non-car" that was (not?)seen silently wafting around courses in attract screen demos by many players including myself after last July's update.
I'm keen for the official reveal, though the car likely won't be the same once I observe it. :D

For those freaking out about possibly no updates this month, the months without GT Sport updates (up until February 2020, the last active update month for that game) were:
  • June 2018
  • February 2019 (made up by two updates in March because of the SF19)
  • January 2020

Back