Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 38,956 comments
Please don't mention that ugly hambeast in front of me. I might retch. :crazy:
A Stelvio or F-Pace though... now we're talking. :cool: Those SUVs are actually stylish.
or a Levante Trofeo - I could possibly get behind that one.

OIP.jpg

but you need somewhere to use them - not sure how much fun that would be around the tracks we have (and the physics system).

The solution is clearly an open-world GT (in 10 years time for the PS6).

Last edited:
or a Levante Trofeo - I could possibly get behind that one.

View attachment 1227080

but you need somewhere to use them - not sure how much fun that would be around the tracks we have (and the physics system).

The solution is clearly an open-world GT (in 10 years time for the PS6).
I think a heap of returning city tracks would suit SUVs perfectly, but considering what Kaz said about how long they take to develop, I highly doubt we're getting any more within GT7's lifetime.

The solution is evidently to import an NFS/Forza Horizon map into GT's engine. 🔥🔥🔥

With the game going VR, something has me thinking they'll shy away from including endurance races even more, on safety grounds.

Somebody will inevitably try to wear VR for more than they are used to, and feel severe motion sickness/headaches (because they were predisposed to it, not necessarily because the fidelity isn't there or anything) and the press will make a meal of it.

So then, they'll have some arbitrary time limit on events which will mean we won't get races longer than an hour.

I really want the 90 mins/300km events we used to get, they seemed like the right length to really work on building a rhythm and stringing together a few stints with no mistakes. All with 1x on fuel and tyre wear, not a fan of having to artificially manage tyres and fuel because of a high multiplier.

With the game going VR, something has me thinking they'll shy away from including endurance races even more, on safety grounds.

Somebody will inevitably try to wear VR for more than they are used to, and feel severe motion sickness/headaches (because they were predisposed to it, not necessarily because the fidelity isn't there or anything) and the press will make a meal of it.

So then, they'll have some arbitrary time limit on events which will mean we won't get races longer than an hour.

I really want the 90 mins/300km events we used to get, they seemed like the right length to really work on building a rhythm and stringing together a few stints with no mistakes. All with 1x on fuel and tyre wear, not a fan of having to artificially manage tyres and fuel because of a high multiplier.

That is nonsense because you can literaly make 24hour race even now in Custom Race.

So if somebody want to do this he can.

That is nonsense because you can literaly make 24hour race even now in Custom Race.

So if somebody want to do this he can.
Can we not use gendered terms like 'he' by default please? It can reinforce negative stereotypes about the typical type of people who play Gran Turismo. I would use a term like 'they' which is gender neutral, which is all together more inclusive to more people.

To your argument, the user has to go out of their way to stage such a race, rather that it being part of the designed/curated single player content. I see where you're coming from, but I think we're coming from it from two different sides.

For sure, someone can strap on the VR headset and play for 24 hours straight, doing different events. But no one is making them, encouraging it. When you have a curated endurance event, its invites players to play it in one stint (if they don't have a mid-race save function, I understand that using the Rest Mode leads to frame rate issues).

I asked a question...
View attachment 1227343

Is PD so Scrooge or Glickenhaus asking so high ammounts of money for royalty? Your thoughts...
This man has serious hypersensitivity issues. Last year I asked the same question. I praised his work and then asked if his cars would appear in GT7.

He said:

- As long as they pay my royalties.

Then he blocked me. A very friendly citizen.

Last edited:
I asked a question...
View attachment 1227343

Is PD so Scrooge or Glickenhaus asking so high ammounts of money for royalty? Your thoughts...
Didn't Mr. Gickenhaus once refer to sim racing in.. less than favourable ways?

Whilst it's not the first we've heard of PD having licensing payment disputes (Lotus) I somehow doubt that someone with an ego like Glickenhaus is entirely free of blame here. I can definitely see his definition of "fair" not matching PD's.

Also neither: Glickenhaus's estimation of its value may simply be higher than Polyphony Digital's estimation of its value to GT7.

But then we've heard this one before:

Glickenhouse should pay PD for having the honor of being featured in the game, they are absolute snobbish nobodies, i wish someone asked the same question to Gordon Murray, his T.50 is the only car id even pay to have in the game.

Glickenhouse should pay PD for having the honor of being featured in the game, they are absolute snobbish nobodies, i wish someone asked the same question to Gordon Murray, his T.50 is the only car id even pay to have in the game.
Like many privateers, they are walking on a tightrope. They are not Toyota, sponsors are their main source of income (in addition to a small niche of rich car enthusiasts). They can't just give stuff away, hoping the money will flow.

Of course that's harsh, but GT7 players aren't the ones that can afford their services whatsoever... So we can let them try their chance. Give Toyota / Stellantis / GM $1 million, they won't even see it, give the same to Glickenhaus and you might save a team.

In any case, I haven't seen such a warm and welcoming team in motorsports for a long time. They share everything, show everything you want and aswer everything.

privateers
I kinda wish we had more manufacturers like that, tho.

The late 00's to early 10's had some games with independents in the rosters.

One series that was the go to for those sorta cars was the PGR series.

But that was a different era, before all the mergers, and when manufacturers gave you the Amazon warehouse deals on their engines.

Glickenhouse should pay PD for having the honor of being featured in the game
Revenue for Glickenhaus through having already sold out cars publicised to people that will never be a customer = $0

Revenue for PD by having more complete grids and up to date sports cars... = $?? more than Zero, or don't people want new sportscars afterall?

Back