Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 38,920 comments
I wish there was a way to see how many players are online. I played GT7 and iRacing back to back last night and I swear it felt like there were many more people in iRacing compared to GT7. I don't remember GTS ever feeling this dead on a friday night, especially the lobbies.

Last edited:
There is a 10-year agreement between ACO and Motorsport Games in Le mans 24 Virtual since 2021. That may be a problem.
I don't think the lack of Gr.1 races at La Sarthe is related to that - remember when people were dooming around prerelease about La Sarthe being cut because of it?

Now in terms of circuits, given there's a DTM car the most likely addition (if there is one) would be the extra Nürburgring layouts we know about.

After that, I'd say Circuit Zolder if that GT World Tour internal speculation from a while ago is to go off of, as DTM raced there from 2019-2021 (2019 being the year that the Audi is from).

Sebring still has a slight chance given the recent WEC & IMSA races, but I'd doubt it now given the cars shown. Would think there would be at least 1 American car, or an LMDh or another endurance racecar of some kind if Sebring was coming.

However after all of this, there's still a 50% likelihood of no circuit at all for this update. Best to not "expect" anything, and then if there is one it's a bonus. :D

Last edited:
The Alphard is a lot more well received than I thought it would be, which I am happy to see. GT these days is lacking in the oddball car department so I welcome it too. Hopefully it gets a silly engine swap option as a cherry on top. Some silly customization would be cool too but it's been pretty barebones for almost every car except for JDM ones so I'm not holding my breath.

p78
Am I the only one that is bummed we didn't get the regular RS3, as in road car?

Yes, tbh the Audi lineup in gt7 is rubbish. No rs cars iirc, beyond a tt (can't recall if that's even an rs version tbh).

You'd have thought rs6, iconic tourer, and perhaps rs3 with somewhat unique 5 cylinder engine would be in at some point. Anf then the BMW m5 and amg e63 to compete with rs6.

Perhaps we'll see the new m3 tourer too at some stage...

Last edited:
Some very cool additions in this update! That Alphard pretty much confirms that the leaked list is legit so it's just a matter of time until we get the 812 Superfast:bowdown:

Some very cool additions in this update! That Alphard pretty much confirms that the leaked list is legit so it's just a matter of time until we get the 812 Superfast:bowdown:
There's never been question about if the list is legit or not, as it is actual data.

It is not however, an accurate representation of what will or won't come. It's a big list of random car strings someone ripped from the files. Some of it is relevant, some of it is leftover content, some are merely more than concepts.

It's also very old now, so a lot of internal decisions could have been made to render the "relevant" parts obsolete. Just keep in mind it's not gospel and the older it gets, the less accurate it becomes.

Now in terms of circuits, given there's a DTM car the most likely addition (if there is one) would be the extra Nürburgring layouts we know about.

After that, I'd say Circuit Zolder if that GT World Tour internal speculation from a while ago is to go off of, as DTM raced there from 2019-2021 (2019 being the year that the Audi is from).

Sebring still has a slight chance given the recent WEC & IMSA races, but I'd doubt it now given the cars shown. Would think there would be at least 1 American car, or an LMDh or another endurance racecar of some kind if Sebring was coming.

However after all of this, there's still a 50% likelihood of no circuit at all for this update. Best to not "expect" anything, and then if there is one it's a bonus. :D

I'd be surprised, if we get a new track this update. Just because it took a while until we got Barca rallycross and Watkins Glen, and much later Grand Valley Highway. But hey, I wouldn't mind being wrong 🤷

I wonder if PD scanned/modeled any of the cars from this collection:

This 190E DTM for instance...

1679818674200.png

I would like to know more about this Zolder rumor, what are the traces that led to the inference that the Belgian circuit was about to be added. I remember that Tidgney brought this information. But what was its source? GT World Tour players?

I'm not a big fan of Zolder, but the circuit with its four chicanes has its specialties. It would be a great addition.

Last edited:
It seems to me that this will be the third update with five cars. If a new circuit comes, is it possible to assume that PD has entered "rage mode", considering that this year 2023 is the year of the launch of its main competitor (Forza 8)?

Obviously, I'm not talking about a direct competitor, who dispute the preference of users of the same console, but in the sense of a marketing narrative, which feeds the most emotional and tribalist fanbase, which, in fact, exert influence on the casual player. Especially when we are talking about a period in which the console war is raging between Sony vs Microsoft.

Forza 8 will be a game dedicated to Xbox Series X. It is natural that its graphics are more elaborate in certain aspects compared to GT7. This will serve as an argument for MS's marketing and console wars.

It is possible to infer that the advantage that GT7 will have over Forza 8 will be of content. News and rumors suggest that T10 is re-digitizing much of its car and track content. The Sony game will have two years in advance of launch in relation to the Microsoft game, so that when the F8 is launched, GT7 can present much greater content than its main competitor, mainly with regard to circuits.

Last edited:
I would like to know more about this Zolder rumor, what are the traces that led to the inference that the Belgian circuit was about to be added. I remember that Tidgney brought this information. But what was its source? GT World Tour players?

I'm not a big fan of Zolder, but the circuit with its four chicanes has its specialties. It would be a great addition.
Maybe after Spa put its licence cost up, Zolder may have followed suit and it became not worth it for PD.

Maybe after Spa put its licence cost up, Zolder may have followed suit and it became not worth it for PD.
Does Zolder have the prestige to demand prohibitive licensing fees?

I don't know how self-sabotaging the managers of certain racing circuits are to deny their track licensing to the most popular racing game franchise in history, which generated trends, fashions and reshaped motorsport culture in the 90s and 2000s.

Pragmatically, I believe it is much more advantageous for Zolder to be in GT7 than for GT7 to need Zolder. Zolder can conquer tourists and enthusiasts of all ages from the GT7.

From my standing, the only source of Zolder being potentially in development for the future was indeed that livestream by Tidgney. If I recall correctly he said that he originally thought it was the circuit for the Catalunya update of GT Sport, and just that Zolder was the internal rumour at the time.

He and I'm sure all of the World Tour drivers would have been under NDA's, but I'm pretty certain that they got to see some of the circuits like Deep Forest & Trial Mountain while they were still in development at PD's headquarters before GT7.

The Catalunya update for GT Sport was November 2018, which tells me either PD stopped development for some reason, continued it but not as high of a priority as other circuits, or the speculation wasn't true in the first place.
I only bring Zolder up as that livestream mention is one of the few scraps of info we have to go off of outside of the datamine from ages ago.
The Nürburgring extra layouts are by far the most credible, and Sebring had nothing outside of it being close to the WEC & IMSA races (Watkins Glen was added around the time of the Sahlen's 6H).

Only PD will know for certain if Zolder is in the works for the future. Road Atlanta was in the code for years, but only got added recently. We've also seen that not all of the content is found in datamine lists, such as with that Audi RS5 DTM, so it's possible if unlikely.

Side note. I also remember from the Tidgney livestream that he wrote down a track name and sealed it in an envelope. I think he said that he'd expect that circuit to be added at some point this year. We just don't know what that circuit is yet.

Last edited:
Back